Sponsored by:

Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy

Here is the deal

Cerritos Acura - (Based on 13 or more buyers)

• Base Car - $1,500.00 over Invoice (Based on 13 units)
($33,873.05 + Tax + Title + Doc Fees)

• Base Car + Protection Package - $340.00 more (Includes Mud Flaps {174.00}, Wheel Locks {$91.00}, Truck Tray {35.00} and Prep Fees {$40.00})
($34,213.05 + Tax + Title + Doc Fees)

Mention “Todd LoSasso 2005 TL Power buy”
Valerie Scubin: vscubin@browningautogroup.com
Kelly Willis: kwillis@browningautogroup.com
Phone: 800-825-0848
562-402-5281 X-183 (Randal) X-168 (Valerie) X-169 (Kelly)

Cerritos does not take deposits – but will place individuals on a Priority backorder list (first come first serve). They will need your name, number, address, drivers Lic and SS #. When your model comes in stock – they will call you based on your priority level and give you an option to purchase the vehicle. If at that time you are not ready to purchase it will go to the next in line and you will be offered the next that comes in. Again we need at least 13 buyers – otherwise they will have to renegotiate our cost…

I put mine on today - so we need 12 more...

For more information - Private Message me...
Old 10-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Original Message thread:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...7&page=2&pp=25
Old 10-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Also - Please post when you place your order... I will need to track to make sure we hit the original number of requests I sent over on the bid...
Old 10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Cruisin'

Nice work, ToddL! I, for one, will be calling them tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Instructor

I had some questions in PM regarding the process - so I wanted to clarify.

Basically all orders are placed on priority list (Some dealers take a deposit and assign you a build number, but because of the 2004 issues last year Cerritos does not.). This helps us because some people couldn’t commit until next month. This way they can get on the list and pass until the car comes in around their purchase date.

For example when I placed the order for the SSM/ Quartz/ 5AT/ Nav today - I was third on the Backorder list. One is coming in this week and they have another two on order with an ETA somewhere between the end of this month beginning of next... So if the first or second person passes on this car this week - it is mine.

When you give them your car model - they should be able to give you a rough delivery time.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Instructor

Ok - there has been some questions on who to contact. Randell is the manager of the group and set the deal up. He heads up a team of several individuals and I suggested both Valerie and Kelly because they are familiar with the deal.

If you are planning to purchase any other options, a-spec, all season floor mats, different rims, etc. I would suggest to go through Randell directly. I personally liked speaking with Kelly because she sounded the cutest. Otherwise - it doesnt matter as long as you mentioned the powerbuy so you can secure the pricing
Old 10-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Instructor

Financing option

I did not negotiate financing option. I would first suggest to all those who have a house to use a HELOC loan for the tax write off.

Next option is to look at rates at your local Credit Union Pasadena Federal Credit Union offers between 4.75 - 5% for new car loans. www.pfcu.org Once pre-approved take that to the Cerritos.

If they can beat the interest rate go that route - otherwise stick with your credit union...
Old 10-12-2004, 12:16 AM
7th Gear

Is the $33,873.05 with Nav?
Old 10-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Intermediate

Todd, your the best, I will call them tomorrow and place my order.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Instructor

There has been some questions for our non-nav buyers. I think the original interest list I sent the dealers all included the Nav so that is what I focused on.

2005 Acura TL w/ Nav (both 5at and 6MT)
($33,873.05 + Tax + Title + Doc Fees)

I will send a request to Randell tomorrow to see if he will offer the same $1500.00 over invoice to people interested in the Non-Nav. I wont get to it until later in the day - so if someone finds out please post it...

Thanks
TL
Old 10-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Instructor

Yes - I probably got the protection package cost backwards but the Total $340.00 is correct

(Includes Mud Flaps {174.00}, Trunk Tray {$91.00}, Wheel Locks {35.00} and Prep Fees {$40.00})

Sorry people - that was my error...

Doc fees are standard for all dealers $45.00 and $5.00 for tire disposal...
Old 10-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Instructor

I believe the protection package includes the All Season floor mats and assumed that is was included in the $174.00 price - but I will confirm tomorrow...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll put in my order by the end of thw week, want to give my color choices some final thought
Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Thanks for setting this up, ToddL! This will surely save SoCal people a lot of money, and earn the trust of a dealer.

Just as a warning - by providing them with your SS # (which I see no reason to do) you are providing them with enough information (and permissible purpose) to run a hard credit inquiry - unless you're okay with that, I would suggest communicating with them and informing them in writing that you do not permit them to pull your credit report.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Instructor

I'm in. I sent an email an put my name on the list last night. I'll follow up with a phone call today to give them what they need from me.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Racer

Yeah, I was wondering why on earth they would need a SSN. Doesn't really seem necessary... Do you think stating in the email that I do not give them permission is enough, or do I need something more "hard?"
Old 10-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Placed my order

I just placed my order with Kelly. Can't wait to get my new 05TL!!! By the way, I did not give Kelly my SS# and they were ok with that. Although I did tell her i will provided it to them then, when i come in and sign the paper work.

thanks so much ToddL for setting this up.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:54 PM
10th Gear

anybody add any additional accesories? i'm curious to see how competitive they are for rims, body kit, etc.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Racer

You guys should postw hat you're ordering, it'll make my decision easier "Choose what everyone else doesn't!"
Old 10-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Racer

NM. Ill start another thread about this. Dont want to take away from Todd's deal.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Clarifications

1) Protection Package Clarification

a. $340.00 is the total for the protection package. It includes Mud Flaps, Wheel Locks, Trunk tray, prep and installation. All the accessories are below the listed cost, though I am sure they are not true cost which they like to say. Yes dealer prep is a joke - but the overall cost is still much cheaper than I was quoted from EVERY other dealer.

b. I had them separate the base car and protection package option for this very reason. There are a lot of threads that discuss purchasing Acura accessories elsewhere and installing the components. I am just too lazy for that...

c. I thought the protection package included all season floor mats – but it doesn’t. The car comes with Standard floor mats.

2) Non-Navi Purchase

a. For those who are interested in the non-navigation – Cerritos is offering $1,300.00 over Invoice…

b. I haven’t priced this car – so I am not sure if this is a good value…

3) Providing SS# and Financing.

a. I understand that several people are concerned about this. Yes Cerritos is running a credit check to determine your ability to pay. They switched from a deposit system to this system.

b. Though you don’t have to fork over a deposit, it does mean that you will get an inquiry on your credit report. It shouldn’t matter except for those who are getting several inquires over a short amount of time. For those who find this acceptable, I am sorry. I focused on getting the best cost and paying cash to hold a car or having a credit check didn’t seem like an issue.

c. http://www.cerritosacura.com/en_US/

d. If you fill out the documentation online – make sure you put ‘Todd LoSasso Power buy’ and attention Randal, Kelly or Valerie

e. If you have additional concerns – please contact Cerritos because they can probably better explain why they go this route than I can.

4) Additional Accessories

a. Randall said he would give us price breaks on all additional accessories… He said cost – but I can’t confirm that.

b. I didn’t focus on accessories because everyone has a different idea of what they want.

Again we need at least 13 people – so please confirm when you place your order…

Thanks
TL
Old 10-12-2004, 05:25 PM
10th Gear

I placed the order to day by fill out the pre-qual form through the net. I set up the PO through Kelly Willis and at this moment I have not receive any confirmation or delivery time frame yet.
Thanks Todd for setting this up and please add my order to your "to be follow up" list. It's for the '05, 6SP MT/w Navi+Protection Pkg, Anthracite/Ebony.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:12 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by benkei
I just placed my order with Kelly. Can't wait to get my new 05TL!!! By the way, I did not give Kelly my SS# and they were ok with that. Although I did tell her i will provided it to them then, when i come in and sign the paper work.

You shouldn't have your credit report pulled at all if you're getting financing through CUDL, since CUDL will do the credit check electronically and either approve or disapprove you. Once approved, the dealership runs no risk in not getting paid so I would be very skeptical about any SSN requirement.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Instructor

Sorry to here that your out... If you change your mind - talk to Kelly or Randall and they can probably explain the reasoning better than me...

Today we had 4 additional registrations. I spoke to Kelly today regarding those who submitted their applications online and when they would get confirmation... She stated that they are processing and will send either email confirmations of call to discuss ETA's. You can also call and they will give you the same information. If you want me to follow up, I talk to them daily, send me and email - toddl@pcmall.com or PM your full name, and I will ask them.

Other than that - we originally had about 16 interested party members. Though I dont think we will have an issue hitting our quota, for those who are backing out - please PM me...

Thanks
TL
Old 10-12-2004, 08:04 PM
10th Gear

Tightass deal. Hopefully this will be a tradition that continues for years to come!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PG2G
Yeah, I was wondering why on earth they would need a SSN. Doesn't really seem necessary... Do you think stating in the email that I do not give them permission is enough, or do I need something more "hard?"
They want to prequalify you - essentially, are you financially capable of picking up that car they are going to get for you? I did mine online today - takes about 2 minutes as they only want your SSN, your name and address / phone number.

I think it's only fair to prequalify as if I was on the other side of the table, I would want to do the due diligences.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Registered TL User

I have withdraw too unfortunately... I had to replace my vehicle ASAP. I dont think she has another ounce of strength left (97 accord 165,000) so I had to buy something immediately.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by benkei

Kelly called me back in the afternoon and asked me to be pre-qualified on their website. She explained they are doing this to make sure that the Buyers are financially qualified to purchase the TL and to be placed on their "VIP" list. I explained to them that I may elect not to obtain financing from them and prefered if they did not run a credit check because i'm very concerned with my privacy and credit rating.

After carefull consideration I agreed to it for 3 reasons, one my fico score will not change dramaticly with one inquiry, two if they can provide better auto financing quote than the one I already have then that's great for me and three I think this is a great price for 05 Acura TL in Southern California.

In my opinion, if you think Cerritos Acura's deal is good and you are seriously committed to buy a 05 Acura TL now, this is a step that they are requesting buyers to do at Cerritos Acura. Yes, I do believe that they do not need to pre-qualified people, but I'm willing to play ball with them because my desire for a good price on a TL is greater than one additional inquiry on my credit record and my willingness to find another dealer who will give us a better price without the prequalification process. Yes, I know their are other dealers out there that do not need to prequalify you in advance, but I'm getting this deal.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Instructor

From my discussions with other Acura dealers in this process, this is the first time they ever seen or even heard about something like this being done. I can tell you - the arrogance of these Dealers is outrageous. They know that they can sell these cars closer to MSRP and many feel that they don’t need to deal on these cars.

When Cerritos made this offer – I thought it was a fair offer and we would have members signing up left and right. $1,500.00 over invoice ($1,600.00 off MSRP) is a great deal for Southern California. The second closest bid was only $1000.00 off MSRP and the protection package was over $100.00 more. Though I believe we have already had 6 people register – I thought we would have already had several more. If we as buyers want to ever see more competition, like they have back East, we need other dealers to see how successful this program can be.

I did quite a bit of work to secure this deal and I hope that people take advantage of it. Lets get the word out to other prospective buyer and lets show other dealers that we are tired of padding their pockets.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:54 PM
10th Gear

I just placed my order with Valerie and submitted my info on the Cerritos Acura website...she will call me back on when I can expect my new 2005 TL hopefully this afternoon. Now we have 7 orders, 6 more to go!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Racer

Are you guys buying the protection package? This is the first time I'm buying the car, so I don't know whether stuff like that is really useful.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:08 PM
4th Gear

Does this price include Destination?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Cruisin'

Todd.FYI just left a message for Randal so you can add another one to the list. Will keep you up to date. Thks Al
Old 10-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Instructor

Price does includes destination.

I will probably purchase the protection package. You can probably get the accessories cheaper through authorized Acura part retailer (they list some on this forum), but I am too lazy to deal with it. Again - the total cost for the protection package ($340.00) was about $100.00 less expensive than the other dealers...

I will send Randall an email and see if he wants to send out a price list for the other accessories or if he wants to negotiate them individually. (He did say he would give us dealer cost for all the other accessories).
Old 10-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Banned

anyone who gives out their SS # to a dealer is just plain dumb unless you are the type to keep signing up for stupid store credit card ofers only to save 10% on your first purchase and then wonder why your house loan doesn;t go through. It's absolutely amazing how people are clueless when it comes to one of the MOST important and sacred things in someone's life. That's the education system for you and when everyone is on unemployment and the nation is in debt, it is because of stupid decisions of the American people. Anyone with common sense and a decent education should know how retailers do NOT care about consumers and it is your own self who has to protect your own self. There is NO reason to give anyone your SS# unless you are applying for major credit and are dead serious in purchasing something unless you like your precious fico score going down for NO REASON for stupid inquiries that take up to 10 years to be removed

Geez people go back to school!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Please keep your rants on a seperate thread...

Thanks
TL
Old 10-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Instructor

IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ

I spoke to Kelly today and we have had either 7 or 8 buyers pre-qualify for this deal (I’ll find out for sure tomorrow). She stated that they are going to be getting their next shipment any time now and though she doesn’t think that any of us has a model coming in the shipment this week, she did say that they have people do pass on their shipments occasionally. That means that if we are next in line – some of us might have the opportunity to pick up our new car in the next week or so. I think I am third in line on the SSM/ Quartz/ Navi and they did say that they had one coming in this week. 

Though we are still about 5 or 6 away from meeting our commitment – they really would like to see us at least at 10 before they start letting the cars go at our discounted rate. That means we need three or four buyers to pre-qualify ASAP. I would hate to miss out of an opportunity to drive my TL because we are still one or two short.

Pre-qualify

I have no doubt we will hit our target, we have had 8 buyers pre-qualify in two days, but I also know some are debating color combos, different accessories and financing options. So I need a huge favor for those who haven’t pre-qualified. Please do so ASAP.

Kelly suggested that for those who are unsure about color combos, to go ahead and pre-qualify but specify that they will submit the color combos at a different time. This way we meet our commitment and they have time to decide exactly what the want. Options can be added at anytime – so that shouldn’t be an issue…

Also – for those who are not ready to purchase for a couple months. They beauty of this deal is that once you pre-qualify you are put on the priority list. When you car comes available you can purchase or pass to a later date. Also – since we are not signing contracts or paying a deposit, if at some time you change your mind you can walk away from the deal…

Any questions – please let me know or contact Randal or Kelly at Cerritos for more clarification.

Thanks
TL
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ToddL
Please keep your rants on a seperate thread...

Thanks
TL
It belongs in THIS thread and I think it pertains to all people as an educational tool to know what they are doing so please don't tell me to keep my rant in another thread. I will post in whatever thread I want

Thank you!

Oh and my brother will be purchasing a new TL so this pertains to him as well if you need more buyers to so call " pre qualify" which is Ridiculous
Old 10-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by New2004AcuraTLman
anyone who gives out their SS # to a dealer is just plain dumb unless you are the type to keep signing up for stupid store credit card ofers only to save 10% on your first purchase and then wonder why your house loan doesn;t go through. It's absolutely amazing how people are clueless when it comes to one of the MOST important and sacred things in someone's life. That's the education system for you and when everyone is on unemployment and the nation is in debt, it is because of stupid decisions of the American people. Anyone with common sense and a decent education should know how retailers do NOT care about consumers and it is your own self who has to protect your own self. There is NO reason to give anyone your SS# unless you are applying for major credit and are dead serious in purchasing something unless you like your precious fico score going down for NO REASON for stupid inquiries that take up to 10 years to be removed

Geez people go back to school!
You're from NY dude? How did I know?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Instructor

Man - somebody is having a tough life. If need be I will respond to this tomorrow.

Otherwise - those who do pre-qualify please PM so I can keep a running total.

Thanks everyone
TL

Quick Reply: Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy