Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Hoods for 3G TL

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Carbon Fiber Hoods for 3G TL

Hey...seriously now...I am in NO way trying to spam this forum in any way...I am not affiliated in any way with this deal or anything whatsoever....just saw this on a local forum and thought I would pass it on as it seems like a smoking deal on hoods!

If the staff feels this is unwarranted/against the rules...please just delete the thread and disregard.

Here is the deal....
(start copy)
TRU Motorsports is blowing out Carbon fiber hoods for only $250 (oem style) and $375 for vented styles
These are shipping from california, and are brand new! SHipping is a flat rate of $100 and must be picked up at our store! (they are in Indianapolis, IN)
This sale ends this month, quantities are limited! Hurry!
Thanks!
Regular price is $499 and $599
These are made by Versus Motorsport, not some cheap quality brand!
317-787-8668 Call to order asap
(end paste)

Dunno if they will ship it to you after they get em in Indianapolis or not...you would have to call them and ask as I have no idea as I havent talked to them. Otherwise...you would have to drive in and pick up.

I will mention to you that this is in Indianapolis where he is talking about picking them up from. But damn...I swear I paid this much for a USED versus motorsports CF hood off of ebay way back when! I paid $350 for mine used plus shipping. And it had issues at that I had to fix afterwards.

Again....please dont take this the wrong way. I am not trying to push/peddle parts on this site....but just pass on a friendly word to my old buddies around here. This is not my company nor do I profit or get compensated in ANY way for passing information like this on or sales of their product....whatever....NOTHING...but when I saw it I thought to myself...WOW....the Acurazine guys would LOVE to see deals like this as most have paid WAY more than this for the same hood. (as I saw his list contained TL hoods for 2004-200 OEM TL's) Plus...they mention vented hoods....dont know if they will make a vented for the TL...but that would be cool too! Bet not though.

Just my guys. Again...if you guys/staff see this as an issue...please just delete the thread as I truely am not trying to do anything but give you guys a chance that I wish I had when I owned my TL! lol I feel I got duped now paying $350 for a used one!!! Not trying to start trouble or any conflicts.

I just saw it and said WOW....just WOW. Thats a deal!

I should also mention that this speed shop is well known and very respected in Indianapolis and has been in business for a long time.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
helluva deal!! this would look sexy with the carbon fiber trunk
Old 09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Nice to see you still lurking, Mike! That's a good heads up for those who want a CF hood.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Thank you! Going to check this out right now.

Inaccurate, where are you?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Nice to see you still lurking, Mike! That's a good heads up for those who want a CF hood.
Oh ya...I still come on here about once a week minimum and see what everybody is doing and answer a question here and there when I can! I am sure to have another Acura one of these days too! Almost bought an integra a while back ago as a new project...but I am saving for a maggie for my CTS-V....so I backed away. I miss my TL!! I have to see it drive by my house daily...lol. Which honestly...doesnt bother me as bad as I thought it would as the guy I sold it to is a good guy and I didnt exactly end up with a hoopty or anything...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Nice find!

I LOL'd at all your disclaimers....
Old 09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Team Owner

I think you chose a nice upgrade to the TL. How are you liking it on a daily basis so far?

I'm assuming you have plans to or have already auto-x'd it? I've driven them before so I don't have to ask about the straight line performance but how does it corner compared to the TL?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ggesq
Nice find!

I LOL'd at all your disclaimers....
I know...but I didnt want to get banned for anything as truely this was just something I ran across today....not anything I am personally selling or anything. As some know...at one time I owned a CF business...but this is not my stuff...just a local in our town selling parts at a hell of a price IMO! I sold my business a while back ago and it got folded into their current business model. They just wanted the contracts I had negotiated. I just couldnt keep my mouth shut and had to tell you guys as I paid this much for a USED one! Doh!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I think you chose a nice upgrade to the TL. How are you liking it on a daily basis so far?

I'm assuming you have plans to or have already auto-x'd it? I've driven them before so I don't have to ask about the straight line performance but how does it corner compared to the TL?
Yes...I plan on competing in street mod class again in the CTS-V next season. As of yet I havent had it on course. I need to do some rear end upgrades (1000HP axles) to eliminate the wheel hop issue that exists in that model car. I could get lower HP ones...but I just want to go to the hilt so that isnt something I have to worry about as I build the car out.

So far as how it corners....LIKE A DREAM! Car is very well balanced...controllable...and suffers from much less understeer than the TL did. But then again...I can create turn-in with RWD that I couldnt in the TL either. Totally different world honestly. But so far as handling...it tracks well...is very well balanced....and is a fairly easy/quick learn. Should be fun next season! I need to overtake the vehicle stability system though....it comes on even in competition mode...something I will have to either get used to...or work around! I will inevitably try it both ways though....you never know what technology will do for ya if you dont try it! But I prefer to do that by feel of the hand...and not electronic sensors as you can usually tweak just a bit more power out before you lose it as opposed to the electronics. I think there is a way to tweak that too honestly...just havent had time to look into it.

This is another interest I may take up this coming year....

Check THIS out....we have a whole drift scene in Indy and they have been chiding me out for a while now...and since I have a RWD car now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP486dKA-ow
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
wow, suddenly I want a CTS-V really bad now
Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Yes...I plan on competing in street mod class again in the CTS-V next season. As of yet I havent had it on course. I need to do some rear end upgrades (1000HP axles) to eliminate the wheel hop issue that exists in that model car. I could get lower HP ones...but I just want to go to the hilt so that isnt something I have to worry about as I build the car out.

So far as how it corners....LIKE A DREAM! Car is very well balanced...controllable...and suffers from much less understeer than the TL did. But then again...I can create turn-in with RWD that I couldnt in the TL either. Totally different world honestly. But so far as handling...it tracks well...is very well balanced....and is a fairly easy/quick learn. Should be fun next season! I need to overtake the vehicle stability system though....it comes on even in competition mode...something I will have to either get used to...or work around! I will inevitably try it both ways though....you never know what technology will do for ya if you dont try it! But I prefer to do that by feel of the hand...and not electronic sensors as you can usually tweak just a bit more power out before you lose it as opposed to the electronics. I think there is a way to tweak that too honestly...just havent had time to look into it.

This is another interest I may take up this coming year....

Check THIS out....we have a whole drift scene in Indy and they have been chiding me out for a while now...and since I have a RWD car now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP486dKA-ow
I've thought about trying out one of those drifting events. I've always been very good at it and when I was younger and this was a small town with little traffic I drove sideways more than I drove straight.

You definately have to let us know if you do it.

Sounds like you're going to have a winner there with a few small mods. I remember when my friend got his brand new, I believe in '05 he had wheel hop. I guess it's somewhat common? How long till it has a cam? Those engines respond unbelievably well to cam upgrades as I'm sure you know. I read an article by one of the LS1 team engineers and he predicted that when the LS1 was released (article was mid '96 I believe) cam upgrades would be popular. Apparently with those awesome heads they hit the power goal easily and under cammed them for better emissions.

No offense but I don't like the sound of the LSx engines with uncapped exhaust. I guess it's the firing order that makes it sound so much different than the traditional SBC. That guy needs some resonators at a minimum but that's just my opinion.

Here I go with a million questions just like before lol. So if power was taken out of the equation, which car, TL or CTS-V would make it around a course quicker? I know this is subjective until you have actual times. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That V is one bad mamma jamma!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Wish you still had your TL! Not very many modded, let alone supercharged TLs here in Indy. The CTS-V is a nice ride though.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:32 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Yay!!!

Now i can haggle Hayes for the price of his cf hood.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Jeez... I paid like $700 shipped for my VIS hood.. and that was a GOOD deal... MSRP was like $890 + $160 freight

I paid like $520 + $160 freight from VIS directly
Old 09-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does CB hoods look nice on NBP? haha
Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I figured you were loving the V (how could you not?). Don't be a stranger...be sure to post updates on the V and your season in the Car Talk and/or Racing subforums.