Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car got egged!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car got egged!!!!

Well last night my car was egged on the drivers side. I was so pissed when I saw it at 6:30 this morning. It was hit by three eggs sometime after midnight sinced that's when I got home. I live on a dead end street in a pretty nice neighborhood so I was shocked. I did notice further down the street some other cars had been hit too. I assume it was random since they didn't egg the Mercedes in my driveway and my neighbors Range Rover. Anyway I took it to one of those self wash places and gave everything a good cleaning. When I got home from work I noticed their were still some remnants of egg so I washed the car again and scrubbed everything down with a soft bristle car wash brush. Then I clayed the entire car and then waxed with Meguiars NXT. What sucks is that where the egg made impact their are small spider web like scratches that chipped the paint. It's behind on my side mirror, and two on the rear passenger door. You can't see it unless you come up close to the car fortunately. Do you guys know if touch up paint will look good or is a professional job recommended?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Fucking kids, Halloween a few weeks away. You might want to get with your neighbors to see if anyone saw something. Feel for You Dude!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuck, this totally reminds me that I should get a car cover before halloween since I park my car close to the street... fucking kids. sorry to hear about your mess..

As far as getting it worked on, cant really say. take it to a shop and price it just to see exactly how much it would cost to get those parts worked on..
Old 10-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm waiting for the headling: Vandals got shot!

Sorry man, tell people to keep an eye out for those little bastards. I'm worried that if you try to touch it up you will just make it look worse.

Mike
Old 10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Racer

im waiting for those little punks to try to egg my car before halloween
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
there was a thread about being eggedin the wash and wax section a few weeks ago, look into there.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Damn, what a bummer. This shit happen me to before too, but it came from the rear of my GSR, lucky the paint was white so the damage doesn't look noticeable. I used the touch up paint and it worked pretty well, but I’m not sure how the touch up will look on a black car.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Racer

Makes me glad I have a garage......I would have to KILL THE KIDS......
Old 10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Intermediate

my so-called friends and i used to egg peoples cars back when i was 15 .....thought it was the cool thing to do, obviously not. it really puts it into perspective for (former) punks like me..
Old 10-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

my car got egged once... i left it on the street big mistake when i was at my friends house and at midnight i had to clean it off and everythign luckily no paint got chipped but i learned my lesson never to park on the street
Old 10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Do we feel bad for someone who gets the tar beat out of them or shot for doing this?

Naw.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Try KLASSE All in one to help your scratches. I have been able to hide some scratches with this and it is not something with color like paint. If it does not work, no harm done. You do need to use this on your clearcoat, under your clay. I got mine from a Toyota dealer. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Opium den in

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Do we feel bad for someone who gets the tar beat out of them or shot for doing this?

Naw.
LOL SB, thats a little drastic dont you think haha
Old 10-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Final
LOL SB, thats a little drastic dont you think haha
Yeah.. but I had to add a funny to the mix, don't you know.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Racer

There were some kids here who were vandalizing cars on a street in the middle of the night. One guy saw them break the mirror off on his car and move on towards the next one. He called his neighbor, got him out of bed, and waited a couple minutes until they got to his car. The original guy sneaked up behind them. When they got to the neighbors car, they keyed it. Bad move. The two guys took two of the kids and beat the living crap out of them. I mean put a serious beating on them....then let them go figuring they had received their just punishment. Well, one kid's parents saw him when he got home and took him to the hospital where he spilled his guts. The two guys were charged with assault or battery or whatever. But they demanded a trial by jury and it hung so they weren't convicted...but it was close.

But get this...THE KIDS WERE NEVER CHARGED WITH ANYTHING! The parents made restitution to the guys cars only. Since there was no proof of they had actually done any damage to about a half dozen other cars, no charges were filed! Furthermore, since it was "he said, he said", they really didn't have to pay any restitution if they didn't want to and risk a day in court with their snot nosed kids. There's something wrong with all that.

But one thing I can just about promise you....it will be a good long time before those kids ever try that again.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Heaven help anyone I find doing anything to my car. I'm big and I'm mean.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
I always keep a cover on my car. Out of site, out of mind.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by CobraGuy
There were some kids here who were vandalizing cars on a street in the middle of the night. One guy saw them break the mirror off on his car and move on towards the next one. He called his neighbor, got him out of bed, and waited a couple minutes until they got to his car. The original guy sneaked up behind them. When they got to the neighbors car, they keyed it. Bad move. The two guys took two of the kids and beat the living crap out of them. I mean put a serious beating on them....then let them go figuring they had received their just punishment. Well, one kid's parents saw him when he got home and took him to the hospital where he spilled his guts. The two guys were charged with assault or battery or whatever. But they demanded a trial by jury and it hung so they weren't convicted...but it was close.

But get this...THE KIDS WERE NEVER CHARGED WITH ANYTHING! The parents made restitution to the guys cars only. Since there was no proof of they had actually done any damage to about a half dozen other cars, no charges were filed! Furthermore, since it was "he said, he said", they really didn't have to pay any restitution if they didn't want to and risk a day in court with their snot nosed kids. There's something wrong with all that.

But one thing I can just about promise you....it will be a good long time before those kids ever try that again.

This is why you hold them at gunpoint and call the cops. It scares the crap out of them and gets them arrested. Just be ready for the cops to come yelling at you to put down your gun. In some states you may be taken in for questioning but as long as the gun is legal and you are defending your property, good on you. It also helps your case if you come out in only your boxers, then there is no question that you were in your house and the kid were the vandals.
There is a lot of this kind of crap going around where the robbed ends up having to defend themselvs in court and the robber gets away with the crime. I know this is a little different, but you still have to watch yourself. I'm not saying that you should be able to beat the kids up (ok, I am), but just to hold them and get them arrested, sometimes you can get in trouble for doing that. People can sue for anything and win. Just be aware that you can be arrested for showing your firearm while the police try to figure out what happened. Even it it is your own house.
But sometimes, you have to do what you have to do. The above story is proof of that. And what kind of parents sue the person their kids vandalized??? My parents would have let me take the beating, grounded me and made my go to the owners of the cars and pay them for the damages with work or however I could get the money. The beating would have just been part of my lesson. This is why our nation is going down the crapper. YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE A BEATING WHE NHEY REALLY NEED IT. And those boys and whoever got this car, need a beating.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
SB - can't say I would...should I?

Cobra - that's typical these days, unfortunately.

Dive - great in theory, bad in practice...these days the cops would shoot you and/or charge you with something. You're right, though, this country is going down the crapper...due to a lack of discipline.

ubond - sorry about your car...good luck with getting it taken care of.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

that hella sucks...probably some fuckin haters on your TL. you should find them and egg them. i hear something called scratch-x, comes in an orange bottle works well.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Intermediate

That sucks man. At least you weren't the only one targetted. So you dont have to worry about them coming back just for you. I remember a few years back my aunt had a pumpkin thrown at her car on halloween in a nice neighborhood. Broke her side mirror and dented /scratched her driver door/fender.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

Thanks guys for the empathy. I'm probably gonna take it to a reputable body shop my friend highly recommends and see if what they can do. Hopefully it can just be buffed out. Either way I'm gonna wait a few weeks to see if it happens again or if it was just a random attack.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

man that really sucks man and from what i can see from your avatar your car is pretty HOT! hope you find the fools who did it
Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Back when my daughters were teenagers, they were quite popular in school (we're talking junior and senior high here). Both were, and are, very good looking and attracted boys like flies. Well one night a former boy friend of my older girl didn't like the idea that she had a new boy friend, so he got two of his buddies and decided to egg, TP, and shaving cream my house.. MY HOUSE!

I thought I heard something outside and while checking out the sourse of the sounds, discovered all three of them. I gave chase and nearly caught two of them. I could see that I was not going to get them so I yelled, "I've got a gun and I'm gonna blow your f--king head off". So one of them shouts to the other two, "Kim, he's got a gun!".

That's all I needed.. a name. I pretty much knew who it was anyway. So I ran back to my house and drove to Kim's home. I told his parents what had happened and if all three of them weren't back at my house to do some cleaning up, I would call the police.

Very shortly, a van pulled up with one of the parents and three boys carrying pails and brushes and clothes and assorted cleaning gear. For the next hour and a half, they cleaned from the roof down.

Never had any such problems again.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Proteins in eggs can bond to the paint if left to sit. If you car ever gets egged clean if off immediately. My first car was egged and I didn't clean it up right away. I lived in an apartment. The spot where the egg sat seemed to eat into the paint and "boil" it up. It could not be cleaned after that.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Burning Brakes

that happened to me on my black 03 TL-s. I was parked in front of a friend's house for 1 hour around 6:00pm on Halloween & that whole side of the block randomly got hit. I had small clusters of chips in 3 or 4 spots where the eggs hit. It still makes me mad
Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Dive - great in theory, bad in practice...these days the cops would shoot you and/or charge you with something. You're right, though, this country is going down the crapper...due to a lack of discipline.
Thats kinda of where I was going with my (what ended up being long winded) statment: If you use your weapon, be prepared to be arrested and be ready to put it down as soon as the police get there.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by DiveforTL-s
Thats kinda of where I was going with my (what ended up being long winded) statment: If you use your weapon, be prepared to be arrested and be ready to put it down as soon as the police get there.
Yeah, there's a restaurant down the street from my house that's been there for 40 or 50 years...dad started it, son runs it now...dad still sits at the cash register and talks $hit with all the old timers. They got robbed one night and the son shot the robber (nothing serious, the guy was fine...unfortunately if you ask me). They charged the son with discharging a firearm in the city limits...not as bad as if he had been charged with assault with a deadly weapon or aggravated assault, but to be charged for anything in that situation is ridiculous.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Without a garage

Reminds me of a local story. A few years back a pair of kids threw eggs or rocks(can't remember) at a passing car on a busy street. They picked the wrong car because the 3 guys inside were thugs and one of the eggers was killed. My buddy knew all of the thugs since he went to high school with them.

The one he was good friends with had a 5 year stint in jail since he wouldn't give up any information on the other two buddys.

BUT, he just ended up going back when the feds found about 1200 pot plants in one of his houses!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

There was a story of some collage punks shooting paintballs at cars off an overpass at cars on halloween around Ames, IA (iowa state Univ.). Well, in Iowa, it can (and did) freeze during the night in Oct. Some guy got his windshiels shot out and pulled over and returned fire with his hunting rifle. The kids lived, but the guy got the same thing (discharging a firearm in city limits). I just think it is BS that you have to pay a fine for defending yourself.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Advanced

Sorry about that. Well, it was probably just some jealous kids roaming the neighborhood with nothing better to do!

I would not use touch-up paint (might look worse). Try using Meguir's polish to get out the fine scratches/swirl in the paint first. Also, Meguir's makes a excellent product to remove scratches. Try this first.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Instructor

I tried scratch x and nxt paste wax to get it out. No luck!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Let see the damage!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Instructor

Here are the pics. It's the best I could do with my camera. The first one is to the right driver rear passenger window. The other is on the door below the window . The third (not pictured) is behind the driver side mirror. All three look identical:

Old 10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i remember doing that when i was a kid ... what an idiot. that would enfuriate me now, but i guess i would deserve it
Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

I say take it to a professional body shop and have them take care of it. Touch up paint will only make it look worse.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 AM
1st Gear

Same here

I just woke up this morning to the same thing. Egg all over my TSX. Plus it's a black car so the egg that ate the clear coat is ruined the paint. The funny thing about this is the plastic part in between the doors where the egg hit has the same marks as the clear coat. Like a spider web look to it. I was very surprised to see it eat through plastic. I took the car a few months ago to show them what some bird shit did to the hood and they said they would coat the car with a teflon coat to protect it. Well little good that did. I have a feeling acura's clear coat isn't the best. It also has acid rain marks all through out it. The car is garage kept too! The one night I leave it in the driveway.

Let me know if anyone else is having this problem with there clear coat. I know Mitsubishi and Ford had problems with there black cars before.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Advanced

damn...my car got egged this morning. got hit 3 times, and it left the same marks like ubond007 described. one egg hit right above the red rear side marker and it popped off! spent an hour cleaning it all up.

funny how someone mentioned that halloween was just around the corner, and sure enough i get egged on halloween. just my luck.