Sponsored by:

can i expect the new tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can i expect the new tires?

hi
first off i would like to say im new here and im thinking about getting a TL. After doing some extensive reading on here i noticed that there is a common problem....vibrating at about 90km/h or 55mph
if i do get my TL soon the dealer says it wil take up untilll march to acutally get one if i order it now.
Just woundering if i order it do you think acura would have addressed and fixed the vibrating issues by now(march) and memory loss problems?

thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: can i expect the new tires?

Originally posted by ravi
hi
first off i would like to say im new here and im thinking about getting a TL. After doing some extensive reading on here i noticed that there is a common problem....vibrating at about 90km/h or 55mph
if i do get my TL soon the dealer says it wil take up untilll march to acutally get one if i order it now.
Just woundering if i order it do you think acura would have addressed and fixed the vibrating issues by now(march) and memory loss problems?

thanks
I wouldn't "expect" anything regarding the tires. Based on some recent threads here, it sounds as if Acura is working with Bridgestone on a solution. Now whether this solution is replacing the EL42's with updated EL42's or another tire on a go-forward basis for those cars rolling off the assembly line OR whether that means some people will get their old EL-42's replaced - who knows. Hell, who knows if they will do anything.

As for the seat memory loss, I think this has been resolved with later build VIN's and dates. At least I haven't seen much bickering about it anymore. Perhaps Acura has fixed this problem and all new build TL's are fine.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Racer

The TL I took delivery of on 12/31 (VIN 18xxx), still has the memory seat problem.

Tires still suck too
Old 01-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Pro

Re: can i expect the new tires?

Originally posted by ravi
hi

thanks
It is NOT a "common" problem. Majority of people do not have any vibrations.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Don't worry about the vibration. It is not a common problem, but is aggravating if you have it. Just make sure you test drive your car before accepting it.

You should be just fine. I have an early build car (with build #'s in the 19k's I think I can say that now ) that doesn't have the problem.