Caliper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 01:01 AM
Instructor

Caliper Cover

Hello,

I was looking to upgrade my brakes to brembo's but decided it is way too expensive. I really like the look and came across this http://www.calipercover.net/ . I was wondering if anyone has experimented with the brembo look alike. Also , I would like your opinion on if it is worth getting. Thank you in advance.

Norair
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:06 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

haha that shit is :ghey:

I bet you could fool a ton of ppl though, they look real from a distance. Personally I would never get them, because I would know they are fake.
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:13 AM
Instructor

I was thinking the same thing but I have stock calipers and I want to upgrade.
Old 05-27-2009 | 01:39 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Paint em black and forget about em until you have money to upgrade. Or buy the fakes if you don't care. Its your car, do whatever you want.
Old 05-27-2009 | 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

If you want people to think you are a then go with them, if you want them to look better for less money, buy the paint kit for 20 bux and paint the caliper and rotor hubs. If you have a bit more $$$ to spend, buy a real BBK.
Old 05-27-2009 | 08:32 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by nkoul_96
Hello,

I was looking to upgrade my brakes to brembo's but decided it is way too expensive. I really like the look and came across this http://www.calipercover.net/ . I was wondering if anyone has experimented with the brembo look alike. Also , I would like your opinion on if it is worth getting. Thank you in advance.

Norair
You can do what you want with your car. But if other people get wind that you put these things on your car, you will most likely be ridiculed by being "rice." Please save yourself the trouble and don't do it.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:06 AM
Instructor

I would get some plastic spinners too.
Old 05-27-2009 | 10:36 AM
Suzuka Master

What's wrong with using covers if one so chooses.

I posted this before, but added a few items:
After being on here for a while and seeing the changes to the headlights, tail lights, side markers, painted and cut grilles, added fogs, de-chromed trunks, roof spoilers, trunk wings, 19” & 20” wheels that have been painted white, black, or even multi colored, colored wipers, slammed to the ground and no ride quality, cut bumpers, door vent visors, black roof, black hood, both naturally installed on a TL that is not black in color, chrome/stainless steel pillars, LED obsessions, racing stripes and huge tires, why not install the caliper covers, what’s the big deal.
The following 3 users liked this post by Turbonut:
acu-fool (06-04-2012), beyond 1000 (08-04-2012), Undying Dreams (08-04-2012)
Old 05-27-2009 | 11:29 AM
no offense. American 4x4s

HAHA. Amen.

If you don't care for the performance enhancement of a big brake kit, what is the point? Buying a caliper cover would be kind of like me putting a Type S emblem on my manual base. (Obviously would not) Just paint it black, not red, if appearence is all that matters. When the cover breaks and comes off while driving down the road, one won't look as cheesey. But, on the other hand, the point of doing all the above mentioned is because one wants to and hopes the outcome is "better," or just unique to say the least. In my opinion, this is just a waste of money and effort for no added value.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:00 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Do it!!!!

people put on depo tails, depo side markers, REALLY WACK clear side markers, and a whole bunch of stuff people wont agree with. i dont know how many times i've actually contemplated getting a set but always stop myself cuz i actually do want a bbk.

TURBONUT- YOuR the FKN MAN!!!! Well Said.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:11 PM
DuDeChEwY

Originally Posted by detailinguy99
I would get some plastic spinners too.
lol.....dont do the breaks....just paint em
Old 05-29-2009 | 08:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbonut

After being on here for a while and seeing the changes to the headlights, tail lights, side markers, painted and cut grilles, added fogs, de-chromed trunks, roof spoilers, trunk wings, 19” & 20” wheels that have been painted white, black, or even multi colored, colored wipers, slammed to the ground and no ride quality, cut bumpers, door vent visors, black roof, black hood, both naturally installed on a TL that is not black in color, chrome/stainless steel pillars, LED obsessions, racing stripes and huge tires, why not install the caliper covers, what’s the big deal.
^People who do this have bad taste.

People who put on fake brake upgrades or just buy fake things in general are just trying to put on a front. If you can't afford it don't to to act like you can.

For example I want type-s taillights because I think they look good. Not because I want people to think that I have a type-s. I think people on this forum would agree with me on that. But on the other hand if I put on a type-s badge people would be up in arms.

Having bad taste... racing stripes, chrome pillars etc. is much different than keeping up with the Jones'.
Old 05-29-2009 | 08:28 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
haha that shit is :ghey:

I bet you could fool a ton of ppl though, they look real from a distance. Personally I would never get them, because I would know they are fake.
+1. Don't do it.
Old 05-29-2009 | 08:34 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

whatever you want to do, makes me happy.
Old 05-29-2009 | 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

i would do it...but i would paint the brembo logo so you couldn't see it. so i wouldn't be a poser
Old 05-30-2009 | 12:40 PM
Mug
Burning Brakes

I bet one could argue that the a-spec kit is just as bad. It's a bolt on plastic part that adds no performance. I do agree with the badge issue. You shouldn't have the sticker that says it's somthing it isn't.
Old 05-30-2009 | 01:51 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Originally Posted by detailinguy99
^People who do this have bad taste.

People who put on fake brake upgrades or just buy fake things in general are just trying to put on a front. If you can't afford it don't to to act like you can.

For example I want type-s taillights because I think they look good. Not because I want people to think that I have a type-s. I think people on this forum would agree with me on that. But on the other hand if I put on a type-s badge people would be up in arms.

Having bad taste... racing stripes, chrome pillars etc. is much different than keeping up with the Jones'.

Well maybe he wants his car to "look good" and maybe he doesn't want people to think that he has a type S or a 6 spd.

Do what your heart desires OP.

If you don't have Ron Jon or Aspec body kits, Volk wheels, ATLP or any other things that fall within those lines your gonna get flamed. Everybody just likes to kiss each others asses and do the same thing to their cars.
Once someone decides to do something different people flame them then when they look at the pictures or see the car they want to copy what they do. (Not really pertaining to this thread cause I don't think anybody is gonna copy OP but just in general)
Old 05-30-2009 | 10:57 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

I would get a REAL BBK for the Front and these covers for the Rears, cuz we all know that a REAR BBK is a big waste of money. However I would not do it on the front, because I do want the BBK for the front. But I won't be able to stand how ugly the rear calipers will look after that, and there is no way I'm spending 1500 on a rear BBK just because I want it to look better.
Old 08-04-2012 | 10:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Turbonut

Absolutely spot on Turbonut with your comment. There are many questionable modifications throughout this ghetto forum many of which Turbonut listed above. Yes that plastic shite (door vent visors) along your door windows that make the car look like a minivan? Roof spoilers? (Didn't know what else to put on), Slammed and tucked wheels and you guys feel that the rest of the world isn't laughing its ass off when your pimping down the streets? Rims a mile wider than the tires and everybody is claiming they are safe?

Absolutely nothing wrong with caliper covers if that's what he wants to do with his car.
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012 | 10:55 AM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

^ the only thing wrong with the covers is if he leaves brembo on them. Put them on if you want but paint over the brembo.

Its completely different putting something fake on the car that is supose to be real.
Old 08-04-2012 | 11:12 AM
5th Gear

i would paint the stock calipers black or red or whatever color you want. and then put the acura logo on them. you can get the logos on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-BRAKE-...f73146&vxp=mtr
Old 08-04-2012 | 11:28 AM
-Brandon

Holy thread bump!

You could go OEM with the RDX caliper covers (just Google it) but they are on backorder due to the overwhelming amount of interest with our community