Bluetooth Lockup

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004 | 12:58 AM
1st Gear

Bluetooth Lockup

I had something very odd happen today. My Handsfree Link thought that it was on a call. It showed a full signal, about 1/2 battery, and didn't budge.

I couldn't listen to the radio, use voice commands...nothing. I had my cell phone turned off, and there were no other BT capable phones in the area. It also remained this way even when the car was turned off--and the key removed. (It showed on the display in the "trip computer" area that it was still on a call. I pressed the disconnect button, the connect button, etc. Nada.

The ONLY way I could get the thing to clear was to pull fuses. (I started on the bottom row and did one at a time--I didn't know which was "in control" of that function. The radio fuse didn't work.)

Has anyone else had this problem? I think it's a software issue in the TL, but I'd sure like to think it was a one-time event. Any guess as to what the dealer would do if I took it in with the complaint that this happened? It sucks pulling the fuses--I need to re-program everything.

I'm just wondering if I am the only one with this issue.
Old 02-19-2004 | 08:45 AM
Intermediate

You're not the only one. Others have posted the same problem. The fix that was reported was disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds or less. It was said that this reset the HFL, and all the presets were NOT lost. I guess if you leave it disconnected longer the presets will be lost.

Still, this appears to be a bug in HFL.
Old 02-19-2004 | 09:08 AM
9th Gear

My HFL just quit working. I couldn't get it to boot up or anything. The button on the sterring wheel would not cut out the radio so that I could reset. Maybe I'm lucky that I was not using it when it quit...at least I had the radio, etc. I'm not sure what they did to get it working but when I picked up the car last night it was ok.

Walt
Old 02-19-2004 | 09:16 AM
Banned

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Others have had a similar experience, however, it seems to be the exception, rather than the rule. Fortunately it hasn't happened to me yet, but then again it might be a glitch in how your BT phone interfaces with the car. Which phone are you using?
Old 02-19-2004 | 11:29 AM
Banned

My HFL does freeze up, but I haven't had a complete failure yet, usually I wait a couple of seconds and it will work after that. IMO the system is still half baked. Good enough for GM or Ford but certaintly not up to Honda standards.
Old 02-19-2004 | 11:36 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by vtechbrain
My HFL does freeze up, but I haven't had a complete failure yet, usually I wait a couple of seconds and it will work after that. IMO the system is still half baked. Good enough for GM or Ford but certaintly not up to Honda standards.
Same here. Had a few lock-ups in the past two months of driving the TL. However, it wasn't as excessive as what some of you claim to have witnessed.

My lock-ups last a few seconds, during which time I continually fiddle with the HFL and Voice Recognition buttons. Eventually it returns to normal.

As with most of you, I agree that the glitch is within the HFL system itself.
Old 02-21-2004 | 06:51 PM
Anthracite First Lady

Try this... when it locks up, turn off the car, set the alarm, walk into the service department at the dealer, and walk back out (2 min max) and try again.

Trust me, it will work. Damn if the dealer doesn't get a chuckle too...
Old 02-21-2004 | 07:49 PM
TLover

i have a s56 siemans and i use the jabra headset most of the tie and it locks up and stops working all the time. maybe its the phone. iam geting a new jabra next week from them anyway. what phones are you guys using?