Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLACK CHROME now at HEELTOE ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:16 PM
OCD

Received 127 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by craigtl35
looks like i was a lil buzzed, now i understand, still waiting on whether or not they come with adhesive, as soon as i kno i will be ordering
its just 3M double sided tape even if it doesn't come with it takes 5 minutes to put new tape on
Old 08-21-2010, 06:18 PM
New York state of mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems like a good idea but like everyone is saying the price is crazy...the A emblems are around 20 bucks form the stealership x2 is around 40-50 bucks

so 40 dollars for some blackchrome paint? no thank you

but good work on making moves for us! any aftermarket parts are a good thing for the TLs
Old 08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
OCD

Originally Posted by Sound Murderer
seems like a good idea but like everyone is saying the price is crazy...the A emblems are around 20 bucks form the stealership x2 is around 40-50 bucks

so 40 dollars for some blackchrome paint? no thank you

but good work on making moves for us! any aftermarket parts are a good thing for the TLs
I would hope its not paint should be a type of plating which explains the price
Old 08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
2012 TL Tech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roger555
I would hope its not paint should be a type of plating which explains the price
irregardless, $200 is WAAAYYY too much... Like I said.. $135 & im in. Chrome plating is a tad bit more usually bc of the machine that is used to do the electro-charge-a-ma-whatever its called....

LOWER!!!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
These are NOT painted. They are real chrome plating on plastic. Will post a detailed review when I receive my set.
I have been following Marcus' efforts on these for some time. I know he went through a bunch of shit to get them produced.
Emblems from the factory run between $15 and $20 for each piece. So its $40 for the two A emblems alone, plus the chroming charge and a bit of profit for Marcus. This is America, after all.
Many Aziners, myself included, have been looking for the black chrome look for our emblems. I have tried the VHT Nightshades on my emblems and got pretty good with it, but there was always some blotchiness from the spray can that I just could not get rid of. These are the real deal---electroplated with black chrome. The pics on Heeltoe's website look great, but I can't wait to see them for myself. I hope that being an early purchaser means I get one from the first batch quickly.
Thank you again, Marcus. I am glad you pursued this effort for us.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
the gold set is about $75 for all of them from the dealership. are they just spray painted gold?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 AM
OCD

Marcus should do a group buy to get the price down for the early adopters
Old 08-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Addicted to boobs

Looks awesome...Been looking for something like this for a while now...Any chance on a Type S package?? And possibly a black chrome front grill?? For a NBP that would just set the car off perfect.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Advanced

+1 for group buy
Old 08-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Instructor

This is what I'm looking for but if this was also done for the Type-S emblem than I would be all over it. If u can get the type s emblem done let me know.

Any chance of getting the chrome piece that is above the emblem on the hood, the chrome part that also holds the front "A" emblem, chrome part on trunk (above the license plate) in the same black chrome finish for 07-08 model? If so, let me know the price.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
No type-S and definitely overpriced. Group buy might be the only way to go. Workmanship looks great.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
I mean its not outrageously over priced, but slightly. For the full set, I can see them spending almost $100 for the parts and $30-40 for the Black Chrome (most likely less) while getting a $40-50 profit.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
WOW What a mix of responses. I knew you guys would have some really nice criticism, questions and suggestions. Now that I am back from vacation, I'll address some of the comments.

Originally Posted by ankur5000watts
do you have the 2007+ type S emblems in black chrome aslo?
We have all but the actual "Type-S" emblem which is not conducive to being chromed really..I am still working on that. Just the same, I would not let that one emblem stop you from getting the look though. Naysayers simply don't KNOW what this finish is or looks like.

ANY Type-S would look bad ass with these because they match the factory grille and tails really well, almost perfect

Originally Posted by craigtl35
do they come with the sticky shit?
Yes. Actually, the factory sticky shit comes off in the chroming process so we need to supply a new strip of it. It is the same stuff pretty much, 3M VHB. You just have to trim off proper sized pieces and stick them on. You won't get as much stick-age as the true factory emblems but you will get more than enough to handle hand car washes, 100 degree heat, etc. Getting a die made for each logo to cut specific tape shapes would be WAAAAYYY too expensive (heh, you think they are pricey now?)

Originally Posted by Richie v6
Very nice! Are you having them plated? I am looking for someone to do exhaust tips.
Yes. Real black chrome that will have a lifetime finish on it. Not black nickel that will get yellow looking over time and eventually completely fade to a bright finish again. This is the same hard, durable finish that comes on the factory emblems, but in a super-sick dark tone. We can do any parts you want, but we have to keep the cost open ended until we get quotation from the processor, which means you'll need the parts sent to us for a quote.

Originally Posted by h4qq
heeltoe ftw

Originally Posted by con5tant
yea $91 for just the As... ok my bad $173 with the coupon. i was talking about the As and the ACURA TL also. i dunno must be just me but seems pretty expensive
I figured a lot of people would think that when I was calculating the pricing. But what you don't know about this pricing/process is the following:

1. This process is not cheap. Real chrome is not a cheap process as many would thing it is. It is sort of like painting. Everyone with a loco cousin Chuey will say they got a hookup on painting lips and body kits, which is great until you see the work. We have been working with 3 different shops on this chrome deal and had a place that cost half as much but I don't want to begin discussing the nightmare experience I had with the lead time and product quality. The last thing we want is to ship emblems with tons of blemishes, different colors from one to the next, peel after 6 months, etc. I don't think you want that either. We are paying a lot for these to be done and unfortunately the cost gets passed on a bit.
2. There is a butt load of work in this for me to do. I have to get emblems done in big batches which is a lot of overhead and running around for us. Likewise sometimes in the plating process the emblems warp and I need to whip out the heat gun to correct them (even the ACURA one in the pic I see I need to work on). Then we have to pack them so they don't get broken or damaged in shipping. Frankly, it needs to be worth my while, but I think it is worth pushing because no matter how you look at it, you can't deny these things look bad ass.
3. Every chromer I talked to told me that if someone walked in off the street with 2-4 emblems to get done in this finish the cost would be about $40 per emblem. We are charging significantly less than this because we are getting 50+ done at a time. I am not even charging full price on the brand new factory emblems we are processing! So we are profiting on the volume here really, not on the per part cost. Per part it seems pricey but really it is a good deal. We have had to make a serious commitment to this project because we believe is is so cool that people will want it.
4. The price isn't what I wanted either but since we are already selling kits it can't be 'overpriced.' Some folks think our switchblades are overpriced but they are the best you can get and we've moved hundreds of them.
5. Think about it...these are expensive compared to what? Where else have you ever even been offered the option of getting this finish on your car? At best you've seen people paint them, and that NEVER comes out looking as good as it should. Even if the quality is good on the paint, emblems look best with some sort of reflective chrome/metal finish.

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
+1

I feel like chrome is the best for SSM, but if I had NBP I'd definitely buy black chrome.
Well, actually, I think you'd find these emblems are pretty sick every color car. We have checked them out on all sorts of TSX colors from Red to Blue, and all shades of grey from white to black...it is cool no matter what. About the only color I would hesitate with is Desert Mist.

Again, ANY Type-S would look bad ass with these because they match the factory grille and tails really well, almost perfect

Originally Posted by 07TLFIXITUP
THESE ARE BADASS!!! The price is not though. I think $200 is too much for this. Now I wouldnt have a problem paying $125/$135 ish (shipped) but when I think about a $200 mod to my car Im thinking something you can get out of it like a CAI. I'd be all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake for 130... Count me out at 200 tho. sorry.. I really REALLY like this man!! Good work!
Well, some people we find value appearance over power and that is who we are targeting. Not those that want to get something to get it. We want those that really are going to appreciate the look. There is no sense in making it cheap because the price seems high when really the price is accurate for what you are getting.

Originally Posted by BlueAc
What about the 07-08 TL's w/ the TL
Yes we have those available to order, just didn't do any in this batch. Note, the 07-08 TL is not connected at all, so they need to be fitted separately. Sticking these on might be tricky for some to get right. We are planning a tutorial video to help you get it done properly.

Originally Posted by BDoggPrelude
I'm interested but would like to know a little more about the emblems first.

-Are they OE emblems re-coated with black chrome?

-Is there any kind of warranty on the finish?

-Any chance we can see some picures of them on the car?
- Yes brand new OE emblems.
- Yes, we are covering them for life against defects and peeling as long as we are producing these.
- Yes, I didn't have time to line that up quite yet because of my vacation but I am getting on it ASAP. I have a set here for my TSX, waiting for the grille to be completed. Also we have the HT-Spec TL that we can stick them on as well.

Originally Posted by con5tant
the gold set is about $75 for all of them from the dealership. are they just spray painted gold?
Yes, and the dealer also produces the raw emblem (they are cheap) and makes hundreds or thousands of them in gold. The cost is in quantity. If I have the resources to reproduce the emblems on my own and plate that many I'd have them pretty cheap also.

Originally Posted by Roger555
Marcus should do a group buy to get the price down for the early adopters
This sounds like a pretty good idea. After all, I really do need 50 emblems or more to get a batch done...
Old 08-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Advanced

Is there any way to buy just the back A or just the front A?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 07TLFIXITUP
irregardless,
did he really just say irregardless LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!:t omato::tom ato::tomat o: :t omato:
Old 08-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
they look good, Im sure the pics dont do them justice but I dont see spending that much on the emblems. Sorry man I know it was probably a lot of work getting them into production
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
These look amazing! When you get the "Type S" hashed out, I'm in.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:33 PM
2011 M37x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Titanium2k2
These look amazing! When you get the "Type S" hashed out, I'm in.
me too
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

I would def get if I had NBP or WDP, otherwise I like the contrast of the crome.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Instructor

Def would like to see pics on WDP!

Seem ideal for the 'black out" I'm attempting.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 PM
OREO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ch33se1
$200 for a few pieces of painted plastic?? And it doesnt even come with the types badge, no thnx
+1
Old 09-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ch33sE1
$200 for a few pieces of painted plastic??
I think out of everyone you are really dumbing this down the most.

This is like saying your TL is a $20,000 hunk of metal and plastic and fake leather.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Seriously guys, if you guys don't like the price than don't buy them.

I love them and I think they would look GREAT on a NBP, problem is, there are so many options that I want (performance and cosmetic).

Nonetheless, great product by a great company. Nothing else too it. Like em, buy it. Hate em, don't. Just don't spread your hatred in the thread, thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't think there is much hating here...but I do get the point. The price is not cheap but neither are the parts. Honestly I am a little surprised what people will pay for light bulbs but won't pay for emblems. Anyway, I did tinker with the prices a bit and started a GB feeler thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/black-chrome-group-buy-interest-thread-789999/

I found some room in the parts, although it isn't as cheap as some mentioned it should be pretty reasonable if we can go in qty.

Marcus
Old 09-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Instructor

make them for the 02-04 rsx next!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

I can do that, not a problem! Maybe just add it to the GB interest list?
Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Instructor

sure, link to "Gb interest list"?

im kinda new here
Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
A Happily Modded TL-S

if the 3M was OEM and cut perfectly to fit, i'd buy these for sure. Cutting them myself is just not going to give the OEM look...
Old 09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry blue, I am failing to see how hidden tape being a different shape fails to give an OEM look.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted to boobs

Price dosent really bother me...especially if it is quality work. Being as this is the only place to get them...SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Just the way the system works. As soon as the Type S kit is out I am def In...cant wait to see a finished product.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Burning Brakes

is there any pics of the emblems on a car? i'd like to see them on a WDP (all of them not just the As)
Old 12-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Drifting

I posted pics of mine side by side with OEM before I sent them off to be Amp'd (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789999).
I expect them to be shipped back to me this week and hope to install this weekend. Update to come.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Burning Brakes

yea i saw but i would like to see them on a car
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
+1

I feel like chrome is the best for SSM, but if I had NBP I'd definitely buy black chrome.
These emblems will look great on any car with tint and/or doing gun metal rims. Honda offered black chrome emblems for the S2000. I had them on my silverstone Metallic and it looked great. I'll def be doing these when the spending money starts to flow again.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

If you haven't seen black chrome emblems in person then no pic is going to do them justice.

If you are on the fence we can offer a 15 day money-back guarantee. You just pay shipping both ways!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I would if the price was more reasonable..... any plans on clearance or discounts?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
F-SPORT

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
i'm in for black emblems!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
any gb price?

also how do you take the front oem emblem off n put the black chrome one on? i remember doing it alongggg time ago when painting the grille but had to take bumper off wondering if there a way without taking the front bumper off
Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Drifting

There are 4 8mm screws behind the cross piece holding it in. If you have small hands and loosen the bumper clips, you should be able to get a socket head in there to loosen them up. Once you get the cross piece out, there are 2 more small screws that hold the emblem in place.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

I could do 10% off the prices on heeltoeauto.com. Maybe sneak in free USA shipping and discounted Canada shipping.

Quick Reply: BLACK CHROME now at HEELTOE ONLY