Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Tint In CT

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:13 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Tint In CT

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to tint there cars. I had my maxima tinted at boomer mcloud on the pike like 8yrs ago and only now is it starting to peel, but now he moved to hamden, and doesnt offer the same warrenty. lifetime vs 5yr. Dont know what to do.

Thanks Much
Nel
Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Advanced

Tint Man in Monroe
Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
island tint near home depot on the berlin turnpike. They are all rasta's and they do really good work but i am not sure how long they warranty it for.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I was looking to get some tints done and can't seem to find anyone that will do ceramic based films (I have navi) in the hartford area. nor do they install moleskin, in fact the people I called up didn't even know what moleskin is. one guy accused me of being "a spy" because I asked if he installed ceramic based films and if he applied felt. what a tool..haha. i dont mind driving a little, but nyc or boston would be stretching it .

i guess i dont need to go for ceramic based films, but I could go for non-metallized tints..are those as good?

any help is appreciated.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 PM
A Happily Modded TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
best place i have heard of is in South Windsor, called Mint Tint.

I'm not a fan of tints but a lot of my friends are, the guy does great work... i know all my friends would highly recommend him.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:53 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by 06WDPTL
Tint Man in Monroe
X2

He's done my old car and I've referred him over the last few years to many people. I don't think he is that meticulous and does not do a perfect job though. He has odd hours and is hard to get a hold of. Best thing is his price is decent, nice to deal with and he stands by his warranty.

There is a place closer to me called "Silver Lining" on Mill Plain Rd. in Danbury. I've never used him but I know many many who have. They swear his job is above and beyond anyone else's but his prices are stratospheric. I've seen his work; decent.

My opinion? Take a drive down to NY. It's worth it for your baby. You want to do your tint the right way the first time. I've said it 100x but tintmax is the place to go in Queens. I think he's better than all the rest.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172380
Old 04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

your best bet is to go to the bronx...im from southern ct so it is easier for me lol, but idk any places up there in ct! sorry man
Old 04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Instructor

There is a place in bridgeport that has done many cars for me and friends in the past. I don't know the name but I know where it is if you are interested.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Pro

rocky - yeah i think i may have to hit up ny to get a good job done. ill look into tintmax..he doesnt do ceramic tho does he? but doesnt 06AcuraTL do tints too? if so i might as well give a fellow AZiner some business if im going to go all the way to nyc (2+ hrs)

mustbetl - yeah whats the addy of the dude that you know in bridgeport..i can look into him..he would also be a lot closer..
Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by playa4real
mustbetl - yeah whats the addy of the dude that you know in bridgeport..i can look into him..he would also be a lot closer..

Maybe it was Tint King if I remember correctly? Haven't done a car there in a long while, but a good friend did a car about 2 years ago and is still perfect, and another car he did maybe 7 years ago is still good.

Do a yahoo local search for tint king in bridgeport ct and it will pop up.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Cougacura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can try A1 TINT IN EAST HARTFORD ON BURNSIDE AVENUE
Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MustBeTL
Maybe it was Tint King if I remember correctly? Haven't done a car there in a long while, but a good friend did a car about 2 years ago and is still perfect, and another car he did maybe 7 years ago is still good.

Do a yahoo local search for tint king in bridgeport ct and it will pop up.
i'll take a look into that..thanks

Originally Posted by welist
You can try A1 TINT IN EAST HARTFORD ON BURNSIDE AVENUE
i called them up today the guy on the phone told me that they dont sell the tints they just install them. a little confused i asked him to verify if i had to buy the tints somewhere else and then bring them to him to install and he said yeah. im thinking that he might have just misunderstood what i was asking..ill call back and see if i can ask some1 else..thanks
Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Advanced

If i had remembered about boomer mcloud in Southington i would have gone there instead just cause of the long a** drive. Life time warranty and they do good work. They use 3M Tint which to me is the best, had it on previous car and till this day still no fading. Thats 7yrs later. also hasnt peeled off.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
rocky - yeah i think i may have to hit up ny to get a good job done. ill look into tintmax..he doesnt do ceramic tho does he? but doesnt 06AcuraTL do tints too? if so i might as well give a fellow AZiner some business if im going to go all the way to nyc (2+ hrs)

He is a dealer for 3M and llumar and can do tints in any of their lines. Problem is both companies don't carry ceramic tints so he dosen't do ceramic tint. I looked around a long time to find someone who would do ceramic at a reasonable price. $400 was about as cheap as I could find. After my extensive research into whether it would be beneficial to use ceramic over metallic or dyed, I decided ceramic wasn't worth it for me. The 3M stuff is pretty good.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Pro

yeah..ive noticed that many ppl don't have ceramic based tints, but as you said, if the benefits dont outweigh the costs then i'll probably be better off going with 3M, Llumar or Solar Gard
Old 04-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Advanced

yeah..ive noticed that many ppl don't have ceramic based tints, but as you said, if the benefits dont outweigh the costs then i'll probably be better off going with 3M, Llumar or Solar Gard
Why dont you do the 3M and just buy the mole skin online, its cheap and easy to install.