3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Price or Possible Invoice Deal and how?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 03:34 PM
E-Xtraordinare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Price or Possible Invoice Deal and how?

Hey guys whassup. My brother just got a nice pay increase so he's very anxious to upgrade from a 2003 Accord to a 04 Acura TL. Though he is very keen on not paying too much for the car, he wants it at least and probably at most with a Navigation system. Is it possible for him to get the car at below MSRP and maybe even Invoice price, say...$32105 when the MSRP is 35195? More so, what is the best price he can get for it and how would you go about getting it at the price. As a side note, we are goin to the same dealershp we have been since the early 90s where we go out Legend, RL, MDX, and RSX from but of course all of those are gone xcept for the MDX.

So help us out fellow 04 TL Drivers!!..Thanx much
Old 03-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also had 2003 Accord Ex and recently got a TL with Nav. One of the best purchase price I've heard on the above car was $32800 which was what I paid at Turnersville Acura in NJ. Check it out.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:02 PM
E-Xtraordinare

Novice, how did you do it? Meaning like, did you put any down payment or something..nee dmore details!!!..haha..thanx
Old 03-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I was lucky. I called their internet dept. and this nice gentleman (he left the dealer since then) referred to me the sales manager (Eustace Mita). I got the car back in Jan. Do search on Turnersvile. I think many here got the same deal although I did hear that they now have to wait a bit for a car. It was instantaneous purchase as soon as I got this deal-didn't leave a deposit because I got up there 2 days later.

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:34 PM
E-Xtraordinare

thas hot! We're gonna get the car by Mid-June so he doesn;t mind waiting as long as he can get a good price for it..
Old 03-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Cruisin'

Well, I don't buy my cars, I lease them, so maybe that'll make a difference in my reply to you. But I just took delivery on a Blue/Camel Auto TL w/o nav, and the "Gross Cap Cost" the dealer used to calculate my lease payment was $29,985 on an MSRP of $33,195.

I don't see any reason you wouldn't get the same deal, plus maybe $1,500 or so for the Nav option.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Pro

People are buying the NAV's at MSRP right now and waiting for them. Depending upon how good your brother is at negotiating and how badly the saleman wants to sell him that car, is really what's going to determine the price.

If you have already established a repoire with a salesman at this Acura dealer that you bought all the previous cars, then you might get a better deal but you'd have to go and find out.

I don't think you'll get much of a discount off MSRP right now however.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro

Originally posted by cdmotor
Well, I don't buy my cars, I lease them, so maybe that'll make a difference in my reply to you. But I just took delivery on a Blue/Camel Auto TL w/o nav, and the "Gross Cap Cost" the dealer used to calculate my lease payment was $29,985 on an MSRP of $33,195.

I don't see any reason you wouldn't get the same deal, plus maybe $1,500 or so for the Nav option.
The "reason" is very tight supply of NAVI cars causing the prices to be close to MSRP in most areas of the country. Best deals are around $1,500 off MSRP. Some exceptional deals are about $2,000 off MSRP.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:44 PM
E-Xtraordinare

I see what you're sayin Modeler and does sound to be the exact fitting of supply and demand. I mean even 1500 to 2000 off MSRP is quite "dandy" enough to convince him to get this car.

The salesman was not budging because it was me, a 20 yr old chap, and my brother, a 27 yr old doctor, and he was not taking us seriously at all. He wasn't even paying attnetion to us so he already had an assumption about us right there. I bet you if we were to go there with our father, they would be dead serious then. What do ya say?

I emailed three delaerships in the NJ area around Princeton and they all asked for offer price. I wrote 32,800 on one of them and 33,000 even on the other. What are my chances??

BTW, we don;t have any salesman part of this board who could help us out?? Mercedes forum has two and they help out alot. Just wonderin thas all..Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Novice
I guess I was lucky. I called their internet dept. and this nice gentleman (he left the dealer since then) referred to me the sales manager (Eustace Mita). I got the car back in Jan. Do search on Turnersvile. I think many here got the same deal although I did hear that they now have to wait a bit for a car. It was instantaneous purchase as soon as I got this deal-didn't leave a deposit because I got up there 2 days later.

Good luck!
I was at Turnersville last week. Almost all cars they had on the lot were non-navi ...
Old 03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro

Originally posted by DaCeptak0n
The salesman was not budging because it was me, a 20 yr old chap, and my brother, a 27 yr old doctor, and he was not taking us seriously at all. He wasn't even paying attnetion to us so he already had an assumption about us right there. I bet you if we were to go there with our father, they would be dead serious then. What do ya say?
I would say you should never speak to that salesman again, if possible. Everyone that walks through the door is a potential sale, and should be treated as such. I have personally told salesmen to screw off and went right to the guy next to him due to being treated that way. You are not in a Kia dealership.

Anyway good luck on getting a good price, it seems very hard to pay what you want for a NAVI model. And it seems evern harder to wait for it to arrive after you sign!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro

I see what you're sayin Modeler and does sound to be the exact fitting of supply and demand. I mean even 1500 to 2000 off MSRP is quite "dandy" enough to convince him to get this car.

I emailed three delaerships in the NJ area around Princeton and they all asked for offer price. I wrote 32,800 on one of them and 33,000 even on the other. What are my chances??

BTW, we don;t have any salesman part of this board who could help us out?? Mercedes forum has two and they help out alot. Just wonderin thas all..Thanks guys
I myself and several people on this board got our NAVI cars at Montclaire Acura near Newark. The sales manager is Tommy Wang and the price that everyone got was $33,800. One guy got a lower price, but it was a one time deal.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:21 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

The BEST deals right now are $1,200 off MSRP. Those people "claiming" $2K off are including extra's and add ons that they are getting for dealer cost (like the A-Spec package). Just getting down to bare car (with NO dealer fees, etc) it's from $800 to $1,200 off....And you wait. Only real way to get a good deal is to go at the end of the month (last 2 days) and HOPE that they have one on the lot that's not already spoken for (of one that the prior buyer backed out on). If you lease, DON'T let the dealer know that until AFTER you've gotten the price down on the car. Adding leasing figures in (like the guys $29K example above) is a classic way to make you think your getting a deal when your really not (he probably paid list for his and thinks he got a great deal).
Old 03-23-2004, 09:23 PM
E-Xtraordinare

Guys all this stuff is crazy. I am glad to see Acura has stepped up its game but its ridiculous how they're not budging at all.

I remember when the RSX first came out and they were all stingy with it and me and my dad sat at that saleswoman's desk from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm and brought the price down to invoice. Of course, you can't compare an RSX to a TL but this was the time the RSX first came out.

I'm only hopin for my brother's sake that my dad could work his magic again with the 04 TL.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:20 AM
E-Xtraordinare

I jus got a quote and they told me my price was 32800. I was so excited I immediately jumped on it but then I 4got about the taxes!!! More advice people??
Old 03-24-2004, 06:51 AM
Pro

I jus got a quote and they told me my price was 32800. I was so excited I immediately jumped on it but then I 4got about the taxes!!! More advice people??
I don't understand what you're saying. You got offered a price of $32,800 on a NAVI TL? That's by far the best price one can find! What is your concern about taxes?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Smiling Papa Team NBP

Taxes? Hell, you are gettin a better deal than almost anyone. I got my TL (NBP/Ebony/6MT/Navi) for 33,695. Run, don't walk, to the dealer to get your TL.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What ndabunka says is true. 800-1200 max off the Nav TL. Should be able to do much better on the non-Nav if your bro doesn't mind. Our town lot now has 24 non-Navs autos, four non-nav 6MTs, and two Nav 6MTs by my last count.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:17 AM
E-Xtraordinare

Yeah I told my brother about the deal and we're goin' this weekend to work out some more numbers. He basically is giving $700 above invoice. He said that taxes could very well come to as close as $3000. Thats just fuckin insane... Pardon my french.

One problem is Turnersville Acura is quite a hike from Princeton, NJ. Would we be able to close the deal there but have it delivered to our house and get the services done with one of the dealerships near us or so should we not even settle and wait for other dealers to respond??

They can add the price of tax onto the lease price right?...
Old 03-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I started looking into swapping my '02 TL-S for an '04 and the Navi's are a very limted item, hence the reluctance to drop the price to low.

On the other hand the pricing that I was seeing reflected a lot of felxibility on the non-Navi versions
Old 03-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Pro

Yeah I told my brother about the deal and we're goin' this weekend to work out some more numbers. He basically is giving $700 above invoice. He said that taxes could very well come to as close as $3000. Thats just fuckin insane... Pardon my french.

One problem is Turnersville Acura is quite a hike from Princeton, NJ. Would we be able to close the deal there but have it delivered to our house and get the services done with one of the dealerships near us or so should we not even settle and wait for other dealers to respond??

They can add the price of tax onto the lease price right?...
Tax is tax. If you are getting a Navi for $700 under invoice, do not hesitate to get it. You might be able to have it delivered to your house, you'd have to check with the dealer.

You can add the tax into the lease, but then you would be paying interest on the tax I think, which is pretty stupid. I have heard that the tax portion does not have interest added, but if it's part of the lease/loan, it's considered borrowed and would be added to the principal. I'm not positive about this but I always pay the tax up front. $3000 will considerably increase the payments.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Pro

Well, NJ is a very expensive state for owning and insuring cars. There's really nothing you can do about that other than not having a car. BUT, do you have a car to trade in, when you buy the new TL? NJ is one of the states where the amount of the trade-in reduces the taxable price of the new car.

In other words, if you have a 2000 TL to trade in for $13,000 when buying the new TL for $33,000, your tax amount drops by 40%!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Intermediate

Try contacting Larry Levy at Reading Acura (800) 828-2060. They beat everyone's price for my '04 TL-Navi and an MDX I bought recently. I did the usual web pricing searches all around w/ Edmunds, Carpoint, etc. In each case Larry dealt with me with no BS, beat everyone's price by a good margin. If you do wind up dealing with him, please let him know that John B. gave you his name.

Good luck with your search.

JB
Old 03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Fil
3rd Gear

I got $1,700 off MSRP last week in Augusta, Georgia on a Black Navi Automatic. No doc fees or other dealer crap. I put my down payment on Thursday and was driving the car on Saturday.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:28 AM
Instructor

I've been shopping for an '04 TL w/Navi here in Long Island, NY - and Smithtown Acura (suprisingly) matched a quote I got from Island Acura (in Wantagh) for $33,300 - Trying to get them down to $32,800 would be really hard, but it's worth a shot!