Below MSRP in DC/MD/VA

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003 | 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Below MSRP in DC/MD/VA

The best I've been able to do his get the dealer to cover destination. As anyone been able to best this in our area. I remember a thread where someone got $1k under MSRP. Here's hoping for the same. The particular car that I'm looking at is a 6mt w/Nav. Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2003 | 01:35 PM
2nd Gear

I haven't found any less than MSRP - please let me know if you do...
Old 11-03-2003 | 01:55 PM
Intermediate

Chavy Chase Acura agreed to cover the destination charge after some pressure from my side. Not sure if anyone offers any better around...
Old 11-03-2003 | 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Denix,

Chevy Chase was also the place that I got the destination waived. I'm waiting to hear back from Karen Radley (sp?) to see where they come in. I use to be in sales so I don't mind someone making some change but I want to feel like someone earned my business. To say here's the car, take me for a test drive and then say sticker is all that we can do. I don't know. Am I asking for to much?
Old 11-03-2003 | 04:44 PM
Racer

I'm the one who got my TL for $1k off MSRP

I'm not trying to brag about it, I just want to help others with a little bit of info. I am from Boston, MA and put my deposit down at a dealer on the north shore. No other dealer could believe that I could get it for such a cheap price with it being a new body style. My TL is Silver w/ ebony, 6 speed, Navigation, and an optional Block heater. $34,195.00 including destination. My advice to anyone with local dealers that are laughing at you because you ask for a lower price is to ask to speak to the sales manager. Let him know that you were going to buy the car at MSRP, but because his staff feels uncompelled budge on the price, you are going down the street right now to buy at dealer x. At the very least, he will throw in some options that you might not have gotten with the regular sales person. Good luck..
Old 11-03-2003 | 04:56 PM
Intermediate

Your post is the one that I've been using as a guage. I'm hoping that with the amount of dealerships that we have within a 1hr drive that we can get one to play ball.

Just a thought. If you're thinking of purchasing the car in the next month let's pool our numbers and go with the dealer who will give us the best break. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2003 | 05:02 PM
Instructor

The Boston area Dealer, Acura of Peabody, was willing to go under MSRP by $1k without any negotiation. They have a Silver/Quartz Navi 5AT on the lot right now. This was the car I was looking at, but got bait and switched (I wanted Ebony interior, but was willing to take the silver). I got annoyed, and ended up paying full MSRP to get the color I really wanted, Anthracite/Ebony from a dealer closer to me.

The sales guy called me today trying to get me to buy, the car is still there, and I'll be they'll deal on cars they have on order too.

Ryan
Old 11-03-2003 | 05:35 PM
Racer

sorry to hear about that...

I haven't recieved my car as of yet, but am hoping that Acura of Peabody plays fair. I ordered mine with everything that I wanted and they did so. So, we'll have to see how it goes.
Old 11-03-2003 | 05:46 PM
Instructor

I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't think they intentionally mislead me, but it was kind of annoying to have them tell me a Silver/Ebony was there, and then when I went to start making the deal the interior became "quartz", and then the time to get the correct car kept getting pushed out. It just pissed me off enough so that I went to another dealer, although I would have preferred to buy from Peabody. Nice guys, escpecially Dave Bouchet, but a little flaky. I almost felt like he wanted to get me sucked into enjoying the car, and then tried to get be to buy whichever one he had on the lot.

If Navi is so hot, why is a Silver/Quartz still sitting on their lot for 2 weeks. Its the only Navi on their lot, and they are willing to deal. Those colors seem to be ones people like. I don't understand why they can't sell it.

Ryan