Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks.

D
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Any update through paypal?

How did you pay for these? Using your paypal balance or did you use a CC? I would also go ahead and call the CC company and get a wrongful charge complaint going. Also file a complaint here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx .

Its foolish to discuss the nature of the item at this point as it indeed was misrepresented and the response " you got a good deal" further more proves the point that the seller lied.

I can not stress this enough that you should call your CC company and rely more on the complaint with them rather than paypal.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Keeping it simple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres what he's stating on paypal

From Seller - Jonathan Sigler
8/1/2008 09:41 PDT
Items were sold as is. They were used items and buyer never requested additional photos. The buyer was informed that the front tires were brand new and rear tires needed to be replaced soon.

From Seller - Jonathan Sigler
8/1/2008 09:50 PDT
Terms were sold as is. Buyer never requested additional photos
Old 08-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Keeping it simple

Thanks JNC, I did a report on IC3 and Im also calling my credit card company tommorrow and informing them of this. He denied my claim on paypal so Im taking full action against him.

If you guys know anything else I can do, that would be great. The IC3 report asked for his IP address if I knew. Anything I can do that would be great...

Thanks again for all the support on these....I just hope that everything gets worked out..
Old 08-02-2008, 02:32 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Uh hello that's TOTAL bullshit, 75% tire thread does NOT mean replacement soon!! What the fuck!! What an asshole

PDF the original thread and email it to paypal.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Paypal wont do jack shit, I have been through this with them and that indeed is the reason why I purchase through CC through paypal so I have something to fall back onto rather than rellying on paypals BS.
If paypal is what you will go with then this is what will happen

- You file a claim.
- Paypal send s notification to seller.
- You go back and forth with paypal.
- They will request a bunch of stuff.
- You provide the info without any avail.
- Paypal shoots in your favor, asks seller to pay, seller bails, paypal shuts his account.
- Paypal notifies you that they have terminated his accont due to lack of action on his part.
- You are out of a good chunk of money from your pocket and are tied with a f'ed set of wheels.

As stated earlier, go with the wrongful charge complaint with your CC company. The worst that will happen is that you might loose your paypal account, well big deal at least you will get your money back, good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Based on the seller's response thus far, Ron- here's my vote-

Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 AM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, what goes around, comes around. This guy screwed you so I hope he gets screwed in the end. Jonathan, own up to your mistake here and pay the guy what he deserves. Pay pal is not that great on this as I had something sent to me that was broken. They never gave me a dime. I think, this is what he is hoping.

Mods please do us all a favor here and ban this asshole. From what I have red, he really is not working with him. I wonder how many other people he has screwed.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Racer

The items are not what was described. Refund.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:29 AM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mmade22
Hey, what goes around, comes around. This guy screwed you so I hope he gets screwed in the end.
+2
Old 08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Pro

I agree with JNC. I've dealt with alot of scammers on paypal. If you ever do get your money it takes forever, which is fine I guess, but the seller could just bail out and you get nothing. Often times, I end up taking the hit and learning a good lesson. At least you paid with your credit card. This reminds me of that one thread on some truck forum where this scammer got his life ruined. Classic ownage lol
Old 08-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Acuras Only in

2K to learn a harsh lesson ? Gotta ban this guy for life 'cuz he is not willing to work with buyer at all ...
Old 08-02-2008, 01:55 PM
B16 Swapped TL

Use the words Charge Back with your CC company!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:16 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Walshstl
This reminds me of that one thread on some truck forum where this scammer got his life ruined. Classic ownage lol

We CAN do something like this here on AZ as well if all else fails . IPs are logged, addresses are available along with phone number etc. We live in a very small world thanks to the internet, if someone thinks that they can hide behind the curtains of the internet then they are wrong, VERY wrong .

For instance --> Jonathan 786-419-0323
Old 08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Walshstl
This reminds me of that one thread on some truck forum where this scammer got his life ruined. Classic ownage lol

We CAN do something like this here on AZ as well if all else fails . IPs are logged, addresses are available along with phone number etc. We live in a very small world thanks to the internet, if someone thinks that they can hide behind the curtains of the internet then they are wrong, VERY wrong .

For instance --> Jonathan 786-419-0323
Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Further evidence that the tires were misrepresented . Mr. Jonathan has posted the listing on local CG as well. Here is a screen shot before it gets taken down, notice that the tire life is stated at 85% rather than 75% here on AZ .

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/pts/758484237.html

Old 08-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Pro

www.phonemyphone.com
Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Ahh, sucks to hear what happened. This guy sounds like scum. A red flag in future is when someone is trying to offload something due to "money or cash flow problems." If you have a decent CC then try going through them like others have already stated. If all else fails and you want to nail this guy take him to small claims in your state. If he is summoned and has to travel, he may think twice and give you the $400 for the tires.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Fat bastard

to all scammers. Die slow.

May your justice be swift and satisfactory Blatallic.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Keeping it simple

Wow great find JNC!!! Im going to print that out and send it in to my credit card dispute department...

Called my credit card company and they faxed over a dispute form...I have to fill it out and send a letter with copies of ad and copies of conversations and also sending pictures. They are going to credit it my account the amount...Im overnighting it tommorrow to start this ASAP.....

If theres anything else I can do guys let me know...I've never had such a bad experience...
Old 08-02-2008, 06:13 PM
NBP REPRESENT

definately keep copies of everything...

fax to your cc company and fax to paypal or something as well...

i vote to ban the guy AFTER the dispute is resolved....
Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Originally Posted by blatallic
Wow great find JNC!!! Im going to print that out and send it in to my credit card dispute department...

Called my credit card company and they faxed over a dispute form...I have to fill it out and send a letter with copies of ad and copies of conversations and also sending pictures. They are going to credit it my account the amount...Im overnighting it tommorrow to start this ASAP.....

If theres anything else I can do guys let me know...I've never had such a bad experience...
Actually its not "that bad of an experience". You did receive the goods, they just weren't as good as advertised. Big picture, at least you got them....

However, definitely continue your CC "dispute" process.

As you stated, the CC company is crediting your account and starting the "dispute" process. If they discover you are at fault they will immediately apply the full amount back onto your account. They will want all of your paperwork to date with the initial dispute form, and will most likely come back with another request and want any updated correspondence. The entire process can take a few months but in the mean time your account is as if the transaction never took place.
Now, like I mentioned in a previous post,,, do not agree by any means to send the goods back at your expense. I would attempt contact with the seller several more times this week via email professionally telling him you want the $300 credit for new tires or a full refund and he pays for return shipping. Send to him and yourself, then just "reply-to-all" several more times during the week if he doesn't respond. This will be your proof that you have in good faith attempted to return the goods and/or make a fair and equitable adjustment for the false advertisement etc.. Inform the seller that you are disputing the charge as well. Overall, make it very clear that you are taking the high road and are clearly trying to reach a fair agreement or return the merchandise for a full refund.
Again, also make it very clear on your CC "dispute" form that you have attempted to contact the seller for the return instructions but no contact nor offer from seller to pay for return shipping has been received etc.. -You sound like an honest guy and I'm sure this is your plan if credited for the full amount including return shipping.

Don't think greedy thoughts, but if similar to my like purchase/following actions, you may end up with your money and the merchandise..

Keep us posted
Old 08-03-2008, 12:39 AM
B16 Swapped TL

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
Actually its not "that bad of an experience". You did receive the goods, they just weren't as good as advertised. Big picture, at least you got them....
You are a forgiving person!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Originally Posted by SporkLover
You are a forgiving person!
Don't get me wrong, the seller is obviously dishonest and I don't condone his actions at all.

My comment on "not so bad of an experience" is based off the fact that many transactions like this result in the buyer getting nothing other than an empty wallet.. Most of us have had "expected" outcomes with Internet transactions - as in pretty good outcomes. But if you do enough of them, you are bound to have a few turn into a pain in the ass.

The best outcome here would be the OP quickly getting $300 and new center caps.

Cheers all.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

^^ Agreed that it is not a complete loss and the situation could have been a lot worse but at the same time it could have been avoided totally. The seller could have stated that the tires were in bad shape, which he didnt, he could have been more co-operative, which he isnt, he could have worked with the buyer and issued a partial refund so that the buyer can get tires/center caps as you suggested but he hasnt done that either and neither has shown interest to do so.

I am not saying that you are taking seller's side but indeed are pointing out that the situation could have been a lot worse. The seller has seen this thread posted and all the notions that have been brought up but has failed to come through with a solution leaving the buyer no choice but to take full action on his part to get his money back.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Keeping it simple

Agreed, this could of been worse, but the simple fact that, I have to buy tires. If the sales add stated that I would have needed tires, I wouldn't of bought the items. But for the price and the conditons described, it sounded like a good deal.

Heres an update...

Called the Credit Card company once more, which is Bank of America....Explained the situation and they took note of it on my account. I have to fill out a dispute form and send in all documentation supporting my claim. I'll be overnighting everything this afternoon or tommorrow.

I've texted the seller a couple times to see if he's going to do anything and I have not gotten a response. He hasn't responded through the paypal dispute center also. So from the looks of it, my Credit Card company is going to have to work...
Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Since the seller got rid of his TL it is not like he could take them back and re-install them on his car so he is definitely not interested in working things out. Good luck with the dispute. I hope it all works out in your favor.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
With blatallic's approval, and since it doesn't look like were going to get anything out of Slammed_JDM, I banned him (Slammed_JDM lol) and changed his avatar so people will know why he was banned.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Keeping it simple

How can I print the sales thread without it cutting off half of the information?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Click on Thread Tools, first line=Show Printable Version

You can either print it out, or you can copy it to a Word Document and keep it on file. Or both.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Keeping it simple

I tried that...

I actually have to shrink it to like 7 on word to get everything showing lol
Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Administrator

That's odd. I just copied and pasted. I have my Word doc set to verdana 10 bold but it came out in Times New Roman and I left it that way.

The car pictures are smaller but everything else is like it was in the thread.

I can email it to you if you can't get it copied like you want it. Send me your email address if you want it.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Keeping it simple

That would be great Ron...I would greatly appreciate that...

hcif2@yahoo.com
Old 08-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by blatallic
That would be great Ron...I would greatly appreciate that...

hcif2@yahoo.com
Sent.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Instructor

aboselute maddddness.... i thought those rims were the deal of the century!!!...sorry to see it come to this..... its sad to see how people with good taste be complete a-holes...
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Keeping it simple

UPDATE:

Well paypal said they couldnt be in my favor due to the fact that they can only dispute the shipping of the items, not the condtion of the items received. Therefore, since I received the items, they are basically not responsible.

On the other hand, I just overighted my dispute form with my affidavit, copies of both ads, and also pictures of the items received. Hopefully my Credit Card company, which is Bank of America can settle this and push paypal to do what they need to do.

Sucks this stuff happens to good people....Looks like I'll be purchasing new tires tommorrow since my car will be completed by then.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Hate to say" I told you so", lets hope that the CC comes through.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
NBP REPRESENT

thats weird...

i purchased something and it was shipped to me, but the parts were broken...the seller never responded...opened up a dispute...paypal contacted them...

i got a FULL refund of purchase price AND full shipping and handling AND i got to keep the broken item...which i later sold for parts and made a nice profit

gluck to you!!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered speed offender

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
i smell new BM rules araising.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

Keep a close eye on your credit report! WHEN your CC company reverses the charges, PayPal will try to come after you for the amount and will then file it with the credit bureaus. PayPal sucks when it come to dispute resolution.

Quick Reply: Bad Buying Experience