Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Keeping it simple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Buying Experience

Hello guys, well last week I bought some stuff from a member on thise forums from the black Market.

Heres the link for better referance.
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/sold-fs-20-staggered-sevas-s7-more-miami-florida-area-only-395835/

I got the stuff yesterday and to my disappointment it was not as discribed..

TO begin the rear tires were stated to be 75%. Which was a complete lie, here are the pics and you guys can make judgement.

Heres the other rear tires

The rims were considered to be in perfect condition as stated, but you can see that the center cap is damaged, but he said he shipped me out some new ones

The Box that he pictured in the thread and stated the his was exactly the same, heres the one that I received

with carpet on the sides...Its not a big deal but the point that I am making is why state things in a sales ad and then end up sending things that are no where near the describtion...

I paid with paypal so I might report it....I have to get new rear tires, thats going to cost me.....Im just very dissappointed and Just dont understand why people would to something like rip someone off...

THe price for all the items came out to $1940.00

I offered him 2350 which included shipping and paypal fees...

Think I should report this to paypal....Im not sure as I feel like I got ripped off...I dont want to screw this guy but in a sense he screwed me. I have bought many things from different forums and never had such an experience....
Old 07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
B16 Swapped TL

Did you pay with credit card through paypal? Ship it back and do a chargeback.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
I approved this thread for posting by blatallic.

I am interested to see what your opinions are and what comes of this.

I don't make any judgements until all the facts are in, so this is a chance for both parties to present their facts and also to get opinions by the members, who know much more about this stuff than I do, so I can make an informed decision.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well looking at the S/W box in the FS thread it has carpet on the sides as well so those look the same to me

However the tire thing is bs; it may have 75% of the tread left but the entire side is completely fucked

On a side note, i'm guessing this is why you don't put gigantic fucking dub rims on a car that wasn't created for them... rubbing issues in the back caused this? I dunno..
Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Keeping it simple

The box is not a big deal to me...

The tires are because I would have to get new ones and the size of these tires dont make them cheap...

As you guys can see, you read the ad and see the pictures....
Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Originally Posted by blatallic
The box is not a big deal to me...

The tires are because I would have to get new ones and the size of these tires dont make them cheap...

As you guys can see, you read the ad and see the pictures....

Right the ad failed to mention "... Rear tires 75% tread [though he said thread] left... also completely fucked up side walls/edge of tire showing the steel belt, need new tires"
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
邵樂百

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

Need to be talkin' with Slammed_JDM about the 75%....clearly had some camber/rubbage issues with the 255's.

The speaker box on the other hand is listed as "The Speaker box is identical to this one just color matched WDP." That part seems to be described fairly accurate, although not able to tell what shape it's in per your pic?

This kind of shit is why I tend to steer away from online used purchases that must be shipped....I was looking at those wheels as well and PM'ed regarding the front grills he listed. See if you can work something out before sicking PayPal on him...feel your pain though, since you did drop a chunk of change
Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Keeping it simple

I texted him and he said that I got a good deal either way...
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
NBP REPRESENT

give him 2 days...if he and you do not work something out...

open up a dispute in paypal...

PM me if you have any questions...
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Keeping it simple

I'll take your advise and I'll contact you Blacura....Thanks for the support
Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
I'd say those tires are 75%.

75% chance of causing a serious accident in the not too distant future.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
I think those tires are 100% of causing an accident, its worn down to the belts. I would call up paypal, tell them the stuff is in horrible condition, get a refund from them and ship those P.O.S's back.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:04 AM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Originally Posted by csmeance
I think those tires are 100% of causing an accident, its worn down to the belts. I would call up paypal, tell them the stuff is in horrible condition, get a refund from them and ship those P.O.S's back.
X2! I've sold a lot of stuff online, and I'd feel horrible doing that to somebody. I take that back, I would never do that to somebody, especially not another Aziner. He needs to get
Old 08-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Cruisin'

either you return the rims and get your money back or you try to get him to pay you for new tires you're getting.

sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by l @ z y a l b a
either you return the rims and get your money back or you try to get him to pay you for new tires you're getting.

sorry to hear about your bad experience.
he has alread responeded to the OP that you got a good deal already. Trying to get the seller to buy new tires would be like teaching a shovel to read. Your best bet is to have paypal refund you the money and ship it all back.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Instructor

you have been mislead big time. You expected brand new tires for the front and near new in the back. You got worn out junk tires. Did what you can to get your funds back through paypal. Sorry to hear about your deal, That sucks. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:06 AM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
thats why i ask for pics before i buy online, sucks this happened and i agree with
Old 08-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Intermediate

Start the process immediately with PayPal. Hopefully they will work with you. PayPal isn't as great as everyone thinks...but if you paid with your CC through PayPal, you can do a charge back that way too. I hate scammers! Sorry this happend to you Bro.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Another reason why I use my American Express through Paypal, if the item isn't 100% of what I expected it to be they will fight and get my money back for me. Something to be said about AE.......
Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Very shady....

Thus I was never a fan of the whole staggered rim theme...

1) Did you request any close up pictures of the rims/tires?

2) Paypal will take back the cash you've paid, and 'freeze' it, so neither you nor him can touch it. And a dispute will start...
This will make the seller think of his action, and hopefully offer a partial refund so you can replace the tires. This is the best solution I see. Shipping the items back will cost you big time.

And it is sickening to see how vile some members are...yes becoming a member doesn't require you to be an honest individual, but it is definitely discouraging...
Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Keeping it simple

Tek, I did the mistake of not asking for pictures, makes you wonder now why he didnt post non of the items, just the good shots of them on the car....But after reveiwing his profile and time on this forum, I would of NEVER thought a member from here would do me like this...

Sending this back would cost me ALOT, almost as much as getting new tires...

I've texted him asking for a reembursment to aid in buying tires....

I did pay with my CC through paypal, I NEVER use my bank for these type of transactions...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Keeping it simple

I opened a dispute report through paypal, this gives him time to think about all the options...If this doesn't work then I'll raise it to a claim where paypal will do an investigation and I'll contact my CC company so they can start thier own investigation...

We'll see what happens.....I made this public so that buyers and sellers on here are more cautious when buying an item on these forums...This should be a place where we shouldnt have to worry about these type of deals since we all share the same interest and love for our vehicles....Shame some people ruin this trust...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 AM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by fleshy
Well looking at the S/W box in the FS thread it has carpet on the sides as well so those look the same to me

However the tire thing is bs; it may have 75% of the tread left but the entire side is completely fucked

On a side note, i'm guessing this is why you don't put gigantic fucking dub rims on a car that wasn't created for them... rubbing issues in the back caused this? I dunno..

The worn edge of the tire looks like he had the car slammed to the ground and needed an alignment or a camber kit...

Those tires are garbage. They needed to be changed 5000 miles ago. I hope you stick it to the prick. He should be banned from this site for doing that to you.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

I opened a dispute report through paypal, this gives him time to think about all the options...If this doesn't work then I'll raise it to a claim where paypal will do an investigation and I'll contact my CC company so they can start thier own investigation...

We'll see what happens.....I made this public so that buyers and sellers on here are more cautious when buying an item on these forums...This should be a place where we shouldnt have to worry about these type of deals since we all share the same interest and love for our vehicles....Shame some people ruin this trust...
I would PM ron A and tell him to keep a copy of that For Sale thread and not delete it. also print it out for your records too.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Keeping it simple

I pm'd Ron before making this public...He was the first person that I contacted....Thanks for the heads up, I'm printing it as I type this
Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I texted him and he said that I got a good deal either way...
Sounds to me by his response that he doesn't intend on doing anything about it.

I strongly suggest you get paypal involved. If you want to wait 2 days to see if he is willing to make things right, then that should make you feel better knowing you gave him a chance.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Keeping it simple

Texted him Last night and this morning about this thread and still no response...

So I filed a dispute on Paypal...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
He hasn't been in the forums for a week and it looks like he might be gone forever.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Ron A
He hasn't been in the forums for a week and it looks like he might be gone forever.
I would think that the OP would have the address for the scammer on the boxes or in his email. If not, we can run an IP check and see where exactly it originates. If we can't do that, we can do it old school and look his name up in the miami phone book...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

He's online right now... browsing this thread...
Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Keeping it simple

I have is work address, or the freight company where he shipped it from....

Checked out my paypal account and it dont show his addy...I have his name though...
Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Keeping it simple

Originally Posted by fleshy
He's online right now... browsing this thread...

I texted him informing him of this thread......He thinks Im over reacting on this issue. So I told him to check it out and see it Im really over reacting
Old 08-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Bait & Switch is not over reacting....

No where in the sale thread did the words "AS IS" appeared, thus upon purchasing you are contracting that you are selling goods exactly as portrayed: described and pictured.

The product sold is rendered unusable... 75% of thread life left does not come any where near the actual 0% thread left, which is a very dangerous situation, resulting in a blow out, or worse death.

This is to anyone who will be making purchases thru paypal... The Seller MUST send you an invoice thru paypal detailing the transaction in full; this is where you specify all conditions. Simply blinldly sending cash thru paypal is a bad practice.

Unfortunately paypal may not act in your favor, as you bought this off a public forum which really does not have any regulations associated with fraudulent sales, same as craiglist. Paypal in this case just became a money transfer third party. I would definitely inform your credit card of the situation.

Keep us updated.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

this is why honesty is best on this forum. ive sold konis and s tecs in the bm and gave what I stated. Sorry about your bad expierience, just resolve it with paypal or the seller. good Luck!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I can't see the pics you posted at work, but from what I've read, the box and wheels are good and the tires are bad (and misrepresented). If so, I'd say he should reimburse some money for the tires and everyone call it a day. If that doesn't work out, follow through with your dispute.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^^Agree, If he were to give you a $300 refund I would call it a day and put $100 of my own in and get a new set of rears..........2 of those tires should cost around $400 for the pair
Old 08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Keeping it simple

Yes thats what I want, a reimbursment for the tires...I've texted him and he has not responded...

If I don't hear from him by tonight, Im calling my CC company and having them open a investigation. I had a problem once and I had to fax in copies of the forum posts and PM's and they did an incridible job fixing my problem...

Even though Im not in it to screw this guy, I just want him to HONOR what he stated and reimburse me the difference in tires, that way I can purchase tires for these wheels and call it a day...I hate that it has to come to this point...It shouldnt of happen to begin with.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Keeping it simple

Thats exactly the amount that I disputed in Paypal and I texted him as well....its going to cost around 400 for a set, 75% of that is 300...

We'll see what he does or doesnt do
Old 08-01-2008, 04:50 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually his description of the tires is accurate.

"75% thread"....

Yep, looks like 75% of the belt threads are visible on the outer edge....

All joking aside,
I wouldn't give the seller another minute of consideration. Notify your CC company that you want to "dispute" the entire transaction (they won't do a portion of it). Notify PayPal that your doing this as well - if the CC company takes their money back they are taking it from PayPal thus PayPal has more of an interest collecting from the seller (if the transaction is final etc.).

The evidence is in your favor. If the seller has an ounce of brain (let alone integrity/accountability) he will realize he can either do the right thing and send you the $300 (don't accept a personal check...), or risk what will most definitely be a total loss of sale.
Also, DO NOT agree to ship back at your own expense! Make it clear that he needs to provide shipping for any returned pieces due to his false representation of sale. Keep every drop of correspondence with the seller - even if it's only one way from you! His lack of response is only going to hurt him and facilitate you on collecting. The last time this type of sales fraud/false advertising happened to me, I had numerous requests for a shipping prepayment/voucher/box etc. but the seller never came through. I ended up with my cash back and the crap goods.

I commend you on your professional approach and giving the seller the benefit of the doubt - hopefully he will do right and deserve it. Your $300 compensation request is more than fair.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Bad Buying Experience