Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Keeping it simple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
I knew PayPal will screw you...

PayPal only seems to favorably work for companies that pay them, such as eBay... it really does well with eBay disputes... but the moment you transfer funds to a third party, PayPal washes their hands off and vanishes...

Did you find out how much those new tires will run you?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Keeping it simple

Looked at discout tire direct and they have the Falken FK 452 for $168 a tire....

Since my brother owns a repair shop, he checked out his connection for tires and theres a place that will do both mounted and balance for $300 but he's not sure of the brand lol....So Im not sure....From searching on the internet, Falkens seems to be the cheapest...

My car should be out the shop tommorrow, the factory tires are completely gone, thus the reason why I bought these rims since they had thread....

Im just excited about getting to drive my car for the first time tommorrow or wednesday...
Old 08-04-2008, 07:03 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You do realize BOA will dispute the entire charge not just a portion of it? Or did you actually coordinate/discuss a partial "dispute"? (I have BOA a well and they told me they could not in the past.)

I bring this up due to the fact that it very well could come back to a full return were he would pay for return shipping etc.. Are you willing to purchase tires for the rims and have them installed etc., just to have to pull everything off to return to Mr. Dishonest?

The CC dispute option is great and will work for you, yet you basically need to treat all of the merchandise as still his, not yours....

Your call, but you are rolling the dice as to what may happen in the next few weeks.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
B16 Swapped TL

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
You do realize BOA will dispute the entire charge not just a portion of it? Or did you actually coordinate/discuss a partial "dispute"? (I have BOA a well and they told me they could not in the past.)

I bring this up due to the fact that it very well could come back to a full return were he would pay for return shipping etc.. Are you willing to purchase tires for the rims and have them installed etc., just to have to pull everything off to return to Mr. Dishonest?

The CC dispute option is great and will work for you, yet you basically need to treat all of the merchandise as still his, not yours....

Your call, but you are rolling the dice as to what may happen in the next few weeks.
X 2.

Since you have a pending charge back I would recommend not doing anything at all with those wheels.

On the note of PayPal going back after you on your credit report....... sometimes your CC Company will eat small costs..... I would see what your online fraud protection is.

IMO PayPal should go after the seller.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Keeping it simple

I was just researching the options on the tires.....So I'll know what Im lookin at out of my pocket....Yes Im disputing the complete amount, not just part.....

I've emailed him a few times regarding shipping things back on his expense to have a record that I have tried contacting, this was advise to me by the CC advisor...

I have life lock and I also have freecreditreport where I monitor all my accounts, thats one thing I dont play with lol....

On the paypal issue, in the past where I have actually won a dispute, they still couldnt get the money back to me since the seller had taken it out of his account....it was lke $30 or so...From that point on, I have always used my Credit Card for payments...Paypal is in it to cover themselves, who cares what I loose out of a deal...

DAMN ITS POURING HERE!!!! getting hit by a tropical storm Eduardo...
Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Keeping it simple

UPDATE:

Credit Card did the claim and Paypal isn't to happy
Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by blatallic
UPDATE:

Credit Card did the claim and Paypal isn't to happy

Screw paypal. Did they do a partial refund or total? If its total then I suggest taking money for the tires and donating the rest to a charity since you have wheels and the box, better yet donate it to the toy drive that acurazine has going on .
Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dads05TL
Keep a close eye on your credit report! WHEN your CC company reverses the charges, PayPal will try to come after you for the amount and will then file it with the credit bureaus. PayPal sucks when it come to dispute resolution.
Not exactly. I sold something on ebay a month ago for $25 bucks and the guy just filed a chargeback saying that he never received it...even though he left positive feedback lol.

Anyways, Paypal took the $25 out of MY account, not his.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
I'm happy you got this resolved! I am a big EBAY person and there are a lot of good people out there but every so often you get one that will screw you!

Good luck with getting some new wheels!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Pro

I hate to say this...actually I dont but I bet his age had something to do with it.

D
Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Keeping it simple

Originally Posted by JnC
Screw paypal. Did they do a partial refund or total? If its total then I suggest taking money for the tires and donating the rest to a charity since you have wheels and the box, better yet donate it to the toy drive that acurazine has going on .

Well they told me that they are going to, the actual charge is still on my account, But the lady told me everything looks good and that a refund shouldnt be a problem...

Donating is a very good idea....As soon as I get a final word then that would not be a problem!!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Keeping it simple

Yup, 20 years old, well Im 26 so it isnt a huge difference...I really think it has to be a moral issue...I know that I would sell something like that when I decribed it in excellant description...

I sold a 94 prelude to my brother in law and his ac went out 2 weeks after the deal....I felt bad as I told him the car was in excellant condition to I took the bill for the repair and replacement of the compressor....DId I have to do it, no but Im not the kind of person that rips people off, even though the ac was not my fault....

I believe in Karma...He'll get his 10x worse....
Old 08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by blatallic
Yup, 20 years old, well Im 26 so it isnt a huge difference...I really think it has to be a moral issue...I know that I would sell something like that when I decribed it in excellant description...

I sold a 94 prelude to my brother in law and his ac went out 2 weeks after the deal....I felt bad as I told him the car was in excellant condition to I took the bill for the repair and replacement of the compressor....DId I have to do it, no but Im not the kind of person that rips people off, even though the ac was not my fault....

I believe in Karma...He'll get his 10x worse....
Ha dont' get me wrong douchebaggery comes in all ages. But seems to me more prevalent amongst younger people.

But I am surprised that people haven't come to the defense of this person like they do some vendors around here. I mean the guy you bought it from wasn't a bricks and mortor type of company. He is just a person who probably works and goes to school and wasn't doing this on his spare time. So this should be excusable right?

Btw that 2nd part was just a lil fun I am poking at some of the people on Acurazine.

D
Old 08-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Keeping it simple

Well I got to drive my TL for the first time since I bought her yesterday!!! All I can say is wow....AWESOME CAR!!!!

Two front tires were causing vibration, took them to get flip sides, since they were a lil worn from the inside as well....Now she is ALOT smoother but not a 100%....I'll wait till they wear out to get new ones....I'll open another thread later with pics of the car....Dont see myself EVAR selling this car!!!!

I bought it at a auction and got her fixed in case you wondering why I barely drove her....She paid for with very low miles!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
sucks. i've sold like $10k+ worth of stuff on this forum from my last TL.. and was honest about everything, and never had a problem

when i sold my rims from the Blackura, i had the buyer come and inspect the tire condition before buying (they were about 75% tread, with a TINY bit of camber)

the buyer saw, approved, and took them ..

things like used wheels/tires should be sold in person.... so there can be no complaints or suprises to the buyer