Sponsored by:

Aspec package for $2820.00 GOOD PRICE??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aspec package for $2820.00 GOOD PRICE??

does not come with the lip kit.
only suspension, 18" rims with tires. SHIPPED.

if its too much, whats the best price you guys found?
i havent check my dealer yet but i am sure its going to be more then this. then again.. they gona install it and give me a warrentieeee.

so what do you guys think?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
that is way tooo much.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that is a lot... you could get 18" RonJon Inspyres w/tires and the Tein SS suspension for a couple hundred less. IMO better wheels and better suspension...

Installation shouldn't be too much for the suspension, maybe 200-300? It isn't too difficult if you have the right tools.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:44 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
coilovers are not a fair comparison to the aspec suspension

but Koni Yellow Shocks with your choice of springs would be under $800
that leaves $2000 for your choice of wheels and tires
Old 11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
REDBULL///AMG

im with those guys..the only thing impressive about the a spec is the lip kit n ur not even gettin that
Old 11-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Pro

I figure you could go buy the 18s with Goodyear Eagle F1s in a 245/40 which is a much better tire than the stock tire for about $1700 mounted and balanced. That is without shopping around and trying to find a better deal than that. That leaves about $1100 for suspension, I have got to figure that you can do much better than that. By the way you should be able to get the A-spec body kit in a group buy on here for about $800.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Pro

how much is the aspec suspension itself?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:00 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^^^^^^i'm with above stupid(s)
Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gauravp123
^^^^^^^^^i'm with above stupid(s)
x2
Old 11-23-2007, 04:22 PM
PCM full of water, yummy

Most dealers won't split the suspension off seperate from the rims, it is sold that way by acura, but there are a few dealers that will do it. I believe a few people got theirs from Acura in Las Vegas or Escondido? Acura for around $600. I just checked ebay and didn't see any that where seperate from the rims.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:30 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
So with install you may be talking above 3k? If you break everything down you can buy smarter......

Check Ebay, from time to time you can score a new set of A-spec wheels at about $1200. (Used set with tires $1300) Try price matching tires and you can get a set of top of the line tires like Goodyear F1s installed with tax under $1300. (Or comparable tires with heavy research under $900). New of course is better because if you buy used you risk buying a set of bent rims (even if they look true/straight) or warped/expired tires. But you can save yourself half the money. I bought a good used set for $1300 and lucked out. My wife curbed the wheel so many times, I'm glad I didn't have a new set anyways.

A-Spec suspension will be OK but it lowers the car only like 1". Most people say they wish it was lower. Tein Basics are a better option. With all the money you save with your wheel package you can spend a bit more generous here and have it installed right. I'd say go all out and get the Tein SS with EDFC.

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a80.html

All of this may come to about $3500 installed but I think it's money better spent. You will not be disappointed.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Pro

i wasnt sure on the price for the aspec kit. i know there are better other options out there. i perfer OEM all the way. i have to look into this more before i do anything. i would go for tein ss but.... i heard a lot of good PLUS bad things about them. let me remind you, i live in NYC. i want comfort over performance.

anyone know where i could get the aspec suspension alone??
or maybe with a tire package???

thanks for all the replys!!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
If you prefer OEM and don't want much of a drop because of NYC roads then I guess A-Spec it is! I saw a full new suspension go for $450 on Ebay, but that was just a fluke. Even if you keep looking on Ebay you won't get a deal like that everyday! I'd say try to get on a groupbuy or something. You could install it yourself if you're good with tools and save some money and learn a lot about your car. I know your car is brand spaking new though. If you want to retain your warranty you'd want Acura to install it as well. Ouch expensive!

As for the wheels/tires the advice I gave you should save you some money and make up for it. Please don't buy the wheels/tires directly from Acura, they are overpriced. You want a roadhazzard plan too. Sears has all tires on sale with $60 gift card. Look for deals like this. Use pricematching to your advantage, I do it all the time and save $100s!

If you let a shop like them work on your car make sure you keep an eagle-watch on your car. They will be careless unless they know you are watching.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
If you prefer OEM and don't want much of a drop because of NYC roads then I guess A-Spec it is! I saw a full new suspension go for $450 on Ebay, but that was just a fluke. Even if you keep looking on Ebay you won't get a deal like that everyday! I'd say try to get on a groupbuy or something. You could install it yourself if you're good with tools and save some money and learn a lot about your car. I know your car is brand spaking new though. If you want to retain your warranty you'd want Acura to install it as well. Ouch expensive!

As for the wheels/tires the advice I gave you should save you some money and make up for it. Please don't buy the wheels/tires directly from Acura, they are overpriced. You want a roadhazzard plan too. Sears has all tires on sale with $60 gift card. Look for deals like this. Use pricematching to your advantage, I do it all the time and save $100s!

If you let a shop like them work on your car make sure you keep an eagle-watch on your car. They will be careless unless they know you are watching.
Sorry to bump an old thread...

If I get the A-Spec suspension somewhere else other than the dealer and install it myself (I have a lift in my own personal garage with all sorts of air tools) I void the warranty on the car? Damnit.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Ilya
Sorry to bump an old thread...

If I get the A-Spec suspension somewhere else other than the dealer and install it myself (I have a lift in my own personal garage with all sorts of air tools) I void the warranty on the car? Damnit.
I don't know why another certified mechanic couldn't do the install. As long as they did everything to spec I don't see how they could void the warranty. That would be like Acura requiring the oil changes to have been done at one of their shops or they void the engine warranty. If you have the proof of where it was done you should be fine to have it installed somewhere else. I know, I know you are talking about doing it yourself... But what are the odds that Acura even asks who did the install or proof of where it was done if you did make a claim? Install it yourself, save some cash, and if something goes wrong see if they will fix it. If they won't hopefully the money saved will cover the expense of fixing it. It will only void the suspension warranty - not the entire warranty. If you know what you're doing something most likely won't go wrong. If something does go wrong my guess would be on a manufacturing error. There are so many people on here who have voided their suspension warranty, myself included, by putting in after market springs or shocks or whatever and we all seem to be doing okay…
Old 12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
The Golden One

Oh alright. Yeah I generally know what the heck I'm doing when I'm working on my car.

Only thing that is still above me is rebuilding trannies and engines, etc.