Any good body shops in NY or CT that can do this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008 | 11:24 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Any good body shops in NY or CT that can do this?

I want a custom grill done and I need to know if there are any good shops in NY or CT that can get it done, or if anyone wants to do it for me for cash?

Also I need to know if anyone who has already done a mod similar to this, what should I mount the "A" on?
Old 07-25-2008 | 12:36 PM
Let's Go Pens

Don't be stealing his orginal idea bro... Just playing man.. I can't remember who's car this is... Check out the Grille thread that Darksom1 created. You'll find everything you're looking for there
Old 07-25-2008 | 02:40 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

That car appears to be my main man rockyfeller... The mod is pretty damn easy.... I'd venture and do it for you but would you trust me with a knife
Old 07-25-2008 | 04:28 PM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

^yep that's rocky's ride.. the grille mod not hard.. I think there is DIY somewhere..
Old 07-25-2008 | 08:17 PM
King of NYC

AHEM! Yeah that's my car

It was pretty difficult to do. One of the more difficult mods on my car. It just looks easy to do. I meshed out all the grilles, added the Accord fogs with HIDs and A-Spec lip all at the same time so it was quite a project. Probably Al would have an easier time with his knife but I found it to be pretty time consuming. As careful as it was it didn't come out perfect but it's holding up pretty good. I definitely don't intend on doing this mod again. If I had to charge you labor to do this it would probably end up way too expensive, lol! In the end it was totally worth it because it is so unique and very few of us have it done. I get questions from people about it everytime I park my car because it looks so different from a stock TL. Very few have attempted this mod because it requires you to permanently cut parts of your grille off. There's no going back.

Good luck on finding a body shop to do this for you. Body shops are usually very busy and look for standard big-jobs. Very few want to spend the time and dabble with tedious custom work where they have to warranty it too. darksom1 somehow luckily convinced someone to do it and it came out fantastic. Better than mine. I will warn you that they WILL charge you dearly for it though!

To mount the A you need to disassemble the emblem with the "cup" it sits in on the original grille and mount it to the mesh. You can do this by bolting to the grille with small hardware and use some high strength glue as backup. My A-Spec emblem is mounted on the grille for now. I used a small clear plate behind the mesh sandwiched with some strong adhesive. It's not going anywhere.
Old 07-25-2008 | 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
AHEM! Yeah that's my car

It was pretty difficult to do. One of the more difficult mods on my car. It just looks easy to do. I meshed out all the grilles, added the Accord fogs with HIDs and A-Spec lip all at the same time so it was quite a project. Probably Al would have an easier time with his knife but I found it to be pretty time consuming. As careful as it was it didn't come out perfect but it's holding up pretty good. I definitely don't intend on doing this mod again. If I had to charge you labor to do this it would probably end up way too expensive, lol! In the end it was totally worth it because it is so unique and very few of us have it done. I get questions from people about it everytime I park my car because it looks so different from a stock TL. Very few have attempted this mod because it requires you to permanently cut parts of your grille off. There's no going back.

Good luck on finding a body shop to do this for you. Body shops are usually very busy and look for standard big-jobs. Very few want to spend the time and dabble with tedious custom work where they have to warranty it too. darksom1 somehow luckily convinced someone to do it and it came out fantastic. Better than mine. I will warn you that they WILL charge you dearly for it though!

To mount the A you need to disassemble the emblem with the "cup" it sits in on the original grille and mount it to the mesh. You can do this by bolting to the grille with small hardware and use some high strength glue as backup. My A-Spec emblem is mounted on the grille for now. I used a small clear plate behind the mesh sandwiched with some strong adhesive. It's not going anywhere.

Thanks for the info man I'm glad you gave me the heads up, but what kind of price were you talking about when you said it was going to be expensive? Like $350 or do you mean more?
Old 07-25-2008 | 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by stillhere153
That car appears to be my main man rockyfeller... The mod is pretty damn easy.... I'd venture and do it for you but would you trust me with a knife

PM me the amount you want and I'll let you knife up my ride.