Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amber(yellow) Turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amber(yellow) Turn signal

I visited a Acura dealer for checking it out TL, TSX.
I was surprised that these models do not have amber turn signals at rear.
They were like Chevy , Buick, Fords......red blinking for turns.
I don't think any of the BMWs, Lexus,MB, Volvo using red turn signals.
After further study, I noticed Honda Accord(2005) has all red in the rear,too.
Simply I don't think it is as safe as European and Toyota/Lexus rear tail light setting.
I had to remove Acura from my possible next car list, I guess I gotta go with either Lexus,Infiniti , BMW new3....

I thought about after market covers, however
After market tail covers always screaming loud " These are tastless after market thing that only 19 year old going for them"
Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I, too, was disappointed at the lack of amber rear turn lamps, but that minor issue didn't deter me from getting the TL. Having red rear turn lamps isn't really a safety issue, but more of an improved recognition item. However, it's your nickle, your choice.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:47 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,977 Posts
i too like the amber turn signals..

i really hate the cars that use the brake light as the turn signal, like when you turn on the left turn signal it'll flash the left brake light sometimes its hard to tell wtf the guy is going.. thank god the new TL isnt like that and they made it kinda shaped like an arrow pointing in the diretion they're turning
Old 04-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bikeman
I visited a Acura dealer for checking it out TL, TSX.
I was surprised that these models do not have amber turn signals at rear.
They were like Chevy , Buick, Fords......red blinking for turns.
I don't think any of the BMWs, Lexus,MB, Volvo using red turn signals.
After further study, I noticed Honda Accord(2005) has all red in the rear,too.
Simply I don't think it is as safe as European and Toyota/Lexus rear tail light setting.
I had to remove Acura from my possible next car list, I guess I gotta go with either Lexus,Infiniti , BMW new3....

I thought about after market covers, however
After market tail covers always screaming loud " These are tastless after market thing that only 19 year old going for them"
Your kidding right? You are eliminating a car because it doesn't have amber turn signals? You think it is less safe than cars with amber turn signals? This is the most stupid thing I heard in a long while. Go ahead and take a few more tokes from your crack pipe but please don't drive.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:38 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i personally like that there is no amber in the back. the red all around makes it look more equal and flush.

i think it rocks!
Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by insmanblue
Your kidding right? You are eliminating a car because it doesn't have amber turn signals? You think it is less safe than cars with amber turn signals? This is the most stupid thing I heard in a long while. Go ahead and take a few more tokes from your crack pipe but please don't drive.

Man, chill!! You do not have to insult to get your point across. It is his choice to buy what he wants and why he wants it.

I do not like Infinity because of that stupid clock they insist on having in every car.... so, the rest of the car will need to be 'better' to overcome this 'flaw'.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:49 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
One of my favorite things (there are many) about the car is how understated the lighting is. Very sleek rear assemblies without any "big round chrome" crap (sorry). I suppose they could have had a clear/silver portion with an amber bulb within but having amber insets wouldn't have been as nice to me. I like the simple red.

Up front again the lighting is very sleek. No huge bug-eye domes with lots of chromed junk in them.

Truth is others have commented to me how refreshing it is to have a car get away from all the lighting trends.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree on eliminating a car because it doesnt have the pretty yellow light is a stupid thing to do. I also hate that infiniti clock, but if the TL had one I would still get it, plus you dont have to look at the blinkers. Unless the other driver is insanly slow(in the head) those turn signals shouldnt be a problem. I have seen a TL signal, I dont have my licence, and I still realize they are signaling.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:40 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Thumbs up Amber LEDs would be very slick

I miss the amber signal lighs. I think that all turn signal lamps should be amber and brakes should be red. It conveys more infomation at a glance than a standard flashing red.

As for the styling elements I agree the complete red is slick but the BMW 330 LED tails rock and are bi-color.

Each to their own with what makes or breaks a decision on a purchase. Geez I can't stand the gas filler on BMWs and VWs being on the opposite side of the driver. Very inconvenient for self serve gas stations. If they just standardized it, we'd all line up at the pumps in the same direction !
Old 04-30-2005, 09:14 PM
White 2000 TL

Wow u Guy's really like amber or is this Some type of sick joke the red is 10X's better But whats better then that a Hyper White i hate amber it's UGLY
Old 04-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Advanced

I like the clean look of the TL's tail lights. You can see the turn signal from almost any angle, from the rear or the side.

I also like the tail lights on the G35 Coupe. It reminds me of Star Wars or something.

I know, I'm a freakin. NERD!
Old 05-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
I thought about using amber bulbs but I have been told that they will still flash red. Oh well...
Old 05-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Instructor

The rear on the TL looks better that most cars on the road today. I think amber lenses would ruin the look. As far as taking the TL off the list because it has no amber lenses seems like a strange reason.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:55 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Does it matter as long as those rear signals are nice and viewable? I've been behind other TL's with the signals on, and man, I've got to say, you can't miss 'em!

When it comes to AMBER turn signal lights, I'm more concerned with the AMBER side markers on the front fenders. To date, the 2004/5 Acura TL is THE ONLY CAR ON THE ROAD with front fender side marker lights that don't blink with the turn signals. A forum search will show you how some have made the modification that makes them do that.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mizouse
i too like the amber turn signals..

i really hate the cars that use the brake light as the turn signal, like when you turn on the left turn signal it'll flash the left brake light sometimes its hard to tell wtf the guy is going.. thank god the new TL isnt like that and they made it kinda shaped like an arrow pointing in the diretion they're turning
I agree fully how can we have so many regulations about cars and still have vehicles being built that have the same brake lights shared with the blinker. If someone is going to make a turn and steps on and off the brake you have no idea of where they are going. I also like amber turn signals but I don't mind the tail lights being all red as long as the turn signal is separate from the brake lights. It obviously didn't change my mind about getting my TL.

Dumont
Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you guys are funny.... hahah im sorry, but if it any of the lights in the back were amber, i would try my best to change it so that it would be all red.

thanks to acura for already doing this for me and not having to risk me breaking anything in the process.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ayethetiense
you guys are funny.... hahah im sorry, but if it any of the lights in the back were amber, i would try my best to change it so that it would be all red.

thanks to acura for already doing this for me and not having to risk me breaking anything in the process.
Interesting. When I was your age we were all dyeing our white/clear bulbs amber to give the cars that "Euro" look. How fickle we are.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha~~ agreed...
i spend all this money and time trying to get rid of the amber, but i guess there are people that actually want it.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Those who have amber signals want red signals, those who have red signals want amber signals... no one can please EVERYONE
Old 05-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Safety Car

inifiniti G coupe and sedan(most recent model) does not have amber rear turn signals. the pre-2004 FX truck does not have amber either. audi TT does not have amber turns signal as well as the new audi A3, A4 and A8(now this is a luxury car). i dunno if its acutally safer to have amber turn signals but that's what you prefer then go for it. the TL's brake lights and turn signal are plenty bright. if they were any more brighter it would be too distracting.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear

Good observation on Audi, Infiniti,etc....
I think TL is such a right car for me: over all value,easy of choosing one- no complicated option and packages,nice and up to dated simple sharp styling,
all the new engineering,etc.....
I probably will wait for 06 model hoping improved rear light assembly.

To me all red reminds me just those Chevys and Fords.
When it comes to Acura, Audi, BMW..... it is just more than a transportaion, fr A to B thing , I guess there's a lot of adult's toy factor exist.
I'm saying that because I saw a Range Rover by Landrover or is it Land Rover by Range Rover anyway it had rear light that changes from red to amber and it was a quite a showing of LED..
I am sure more of the LED variations coming to all brands in a couple of years.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:30 PM
To punish and enslave

i personally like that there is no amber in the back. the red all around makes it look more equal and flush.

i think it rocks!
haha yup, the all red looks sexy to me, i hate yellow turn signals like on the side and up front, i want to clear them out just like yours aythetiense