3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura vs. Lexus Quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow Steel, causing problems on the G35 forum too eh? And you got owned pretty bad...

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...882#post654882
Old 08-05-2005, 11:13 PM
10th Gear

1SICKLEX ...................................

I have read your posts many times, but I didn't read what you posted in this thread, yet.

I just want to tell you people have different thinking. I mean, if there if one car in front of you and me, you might say "oh that is a nice car, great design." On the other hand, I might don't like the car.

Same thing happen here between you and other people out there (or Acura folks)

I am all over both Lexus and Acura webboards. Last time I read your post was when I was in Lexus 2IS webbord. You were talking about that 2IS exterior is much better than the TL (remember what you posted there? The way you said to the Acura guy was fXXXing mean.)

For me, Acura exterior design is better than your new IS350. But the new IS interior design is look nice, better than TL.

I know you love your Lexus brand. People in here love their cars too. You can think that all Lexus cars are better than Acura, no one cars. Just Be nice.........
Old 08-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steel
What's an ACURA EL?

By the way, TL isnt the cheapest, you have RSX, RSX-S, and TSX.

Clown.
There is a Acura 1.7EL.
I forgot the price of it, but it's real cheap.
It's the cheapest in Acura.
Sorry if I confused you
Old 08-06-2005, 01:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tha99
1SICKLEX ...................................

I have read your posts many times, but I didn't read what you posted in this thread, yet.

I just want to tell you people have different thinking. I mean, if there if one car in front of you and me, you might say "oh that is a nice car, great design." On the other hand, I might don't like the car.

Same thing happen here between you and other people out there (or Acura folks)

I am all over both Lexus and Acura webboards. Last time I read your post was when I was in Lexus 2IS webbord. You were talking about that 2IS exterior is much better than the TL (remember what you posted there? The way you said to the Acura guy was fXXXing mean.)

For me, Acura exterior design is better than your new IS350. But the new IS interior design is look nice, better than TL.

I know you love your Lexus brand. People in here love their cars too. You can think that all Lexus cars are better than Acura, no one cars. Just Be nice.........
Agree
So JUST SHUT UP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE!@!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,070 Likes on 2,525 Posts
You are the one who aske others to back up their claims. I have made no claims in my postings, you asked others to back up their claims but you cannot back your own.

I love a good debate but only if you can back up your statements with real data and facts.

Originally Posted by Tunerman
Many articles have been released from Honda themselves if you do a search instead of being a idiot and trying to deny Honda has had many issues.

I mean, Honda has spent millions doing recalls on trannys. hmmm.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:17 AM
Instructor

Let's compare a kit from Lexus Racing, to a kit put together by ACURA, great idea.
Sorry, Bub. L-Tuned from Lexus is the equivalent to A-Spec from Acura. Lexus Racing, lol. Enough with the run-arounds. You wanted top of the line prices from each manufacturer and you got it.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Instructor

That's a BS lie when I owned a 2ND GEN CL and know for a fact Honda/Acura has a enourmous amount of tranny issues. Way more than the 6MT issues that Nissan has. That is a FACT.

Back your statements up, because I am waiting.
Sorry, it's not a lie, it's the real fact. I'm not gonna spend time to find where I read the numbers, I already know them. So you can stop waiting. Why don't YOU prove me wrong?
Old 08-06-2005, 03:32 AM
Instructor

Yea, and thats what hurts Acura. Luxury cars don't come with 4 bangers, or cheaper 25k- cars. If you want the prestige look of a real luxury manufacture like Lexus or Infiniti, you ditch the 4 bangers.
Riiiiiight.... It wasn't to long ago that Infiniti offered a 4 cylinder with a staggering 140 hp. G20 anyone? Atleast Acura's 4 cylinders have always had balls and sold like hot-cakes. And your idea of Infiniti's quality is WAY out of line. Infiniti has had quality issues for YEARS. They didn't improve their qualit these past couple years in the G, all they did was make the interior look less crappy. As far as major problems with the TL.... besides rattles that plague almost any car, what major quality issues does it have thats consistent among the owners? There is a reason why the TL outsold both the G35 sedan and coupe together this past month and God knows how many more.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Advanced

I smell World War III.......................
Old 08-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
You are the one who aske others to back up their claims. I have made no claims in my postings, you asked others to back up their claims but you cannot back your own.

I love a good debate but only if you can back up your statements with real data and facts.
Like I said, I don't have to back up mine, the data is on this forum.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtecracer
Sorry, it's not a lie, it's the real fact. I'm not gonna spend time to find where I read the numbers, I already know them. So you can stop waiting. Why don't YOU prove me wrong?
A fact huh? That's strange. I mean every V6 Honda makes has tranny issues, but hardly any tranny on Nissans lot has issues. The only one that has shown only SOME are the 6mts. And its not near the amount Honda has had with all their V6 cars.

No, because I know your wrong. I owned CL-S and hated that POS tranny.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

Riiiiiight.... It wasn't to long ago that Infiniti offered a 4 cylinder with a staggering 140 hp. G20 anyone? Atleast Acura's 4 cylinders have always had balls and sold like hot-cakes. And your idea of Infiniti's quality is WAY out of line. Infiniti has had quality issues for YEARS. They didn't improve their qualit these past couple years in the G, all they did was make the interior look less crappy. As far as major problems with the TL.... besides rattles that plague almost any car, what major quality issues does it have thats consistent among the owners? There is a reason why the TL outsold both the G35 sedan and coupe together this past month and God knows how many more.
Hmmm so your saying the SR20DE doesn't have balls? You should be shot for that comment. Infiniti hasn't had quality issues, Nissan has on that side. Get your facts straight bud.

Rattles, roof falling, seats tearing, or butt prints, nav failing, tires, vibrations, tranny problems, brake problems, and so on with the TL.

6888 for TL sales

6469 for G35 sales. Not by much and its the first time Acura has sold more than the G35 in a while.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Instructor

A fact huh? That's strange. I mean every V6 Honda makes has tranny issues, but hardly any tranny on Nissans lot has issues. The only one that has shown only SOME are the 6mts. And its not near the amount Honda has had with all their V6 cars.

No, because I know your wrong. I owned CL-S and hated that POS tranny.
Wow, you really are clueless huh? Every V6 Honda has made huh? How many V6's do they have? The TL/CL/Accord all use the same series motor. Thats one V6. One transmission. What Honda V6 transmission being sold brand new today has issues?

I've seen the numbers for myself, now prove me wrong.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Hmmm so your saying the SR20DE doesn't have balls? You should be shot for that comment. Infiniti hasn't had quality issues, Nissan has on that side. Get your facts straight bud.

Rattles, roof falling, seats tearing, or butt prints, nav failing, tires, vibrations, tranny problems, brake problems, and so on with the TL.

6888 for TL sales

6469 for G35 sales. Not by much and its the first time Acura has sold more than the G35 in a while.
Yeah, a stock SR20DE doesn't have shit. WTF is 140 hp? The SR20DE is a FAAAAAAAAAAR car from the SR20DET.

Infiniti hasn't had quality issues? Have you even driven a QX56? Have you ever driven a G35? Have you ever been inside an Infiniti, period? I'm guessing not with the outrageous claims you are making.

As far as your quality issues you claim on the TL...

Rattles- like I already said, all cars have them.
Headliner- Fixed for '05.
Seats tearing- I don't think so. Totally a singular issue.
Butt prints- Not really an issue, but fixed for '05.
Nav Failing- Acura has the best navigation system on the market. If Acura's is failing, God forbid whats happening to Nissans. Again, an isolated issue.
Tires- Fixed for '05
Vibrations-Mostly related to tires.
Tranny problems- Uh, please. I haven't even seen half a dozen transmission failures on this board with the new TL.
Brake Problem- Such as? Whatever it is I know for a fact it wasn't as bad as Infiniti's problem with the G35 brakes. Why do you think Infiniti got rid of the Brembos for 2005? To many complaints to deal with so being the great company that they are, they just got rid of the whole problem instead of fixing it. Thanks, Infiniti.

And so on huh? What other problems does it have still that are so consistent among owners?

I'm not certain about past TL sales numbers vs. G35 numbers.... Only thing that I thought was sad was that the TL is only one model. Infiniti considers the G35 sedan and G35 Coupe two seperate models. Maybe the TL hasn't out sold the coupe and sedan combined much in the past, but I'd be damned if it didn't outsell one or the other. Especially considering that G Sedan sales were even up last month too.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Banned

Wow, you really are clueless huh? Every V6 Honda has made huh? How many V6's do they have? The TL/CL/Accord all use the same series motor. Thats one V6. One transmission. What Honda V6 transmission being sold brand new today has issues?

I've seen the numbers for myself, now prove me wrong.

The 5spd Automatic transmission. You are obviously not old enough to do research.

Sad, don't you know, thats why Honda released a recall and tranny extended warranty on all the v6 5spd trannys for the ody, cl/tl/accord and so on. lol.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Advanced

When two clowns are arguing I simply have to chime in (pardon the metaphor).

for vtecracer Honda and Acura are indeed prone and famous for transmission problems, albeit not as much as what Tunerman has described, but he is right, its a known FACT that Hondas and Acuras are quite prone with tranny problems (for simple easy reason, go to yahoo and type, honda transmission problems, not a very good reference, but hey, Im lazy). My own friends, one with a 2001 accord, and the other with 2002 Tl-s have to replaced their transmission (thankfully under warranty). Given the percentage of co-workers and friends who owned hondas, I say the percentage (in my case) is about 1/10 had a problem with transmission.

When it comes in quality and other reliability, Imo Honda and Acura are close to perfect, and yes, they are better than Infiniti and Nissan respectively.

sr20de have TONS of potentials, it just that in stock form, they are pretty weak (potentials as holding up very well when boosted in stock internals). Think of 2gz-ge (is300 and na supra) vs 2gz-gte, and if you know what I mean, you get the point.

for Tunerman admit it, before 2001, (before Carlos something take over), Infiniti and Nissan are pathetic, they are at the verge of becoming the next Mitsubishi (aka bankruptcy). Afterwards and until today, Nissan and Infiniti have climbed up in a very good pace, but they are still not as good as Hondas and Toyota (Lexus and Acura) in terms of quality, build, and reliability.

But when you're talking about driving dynamic, I have to give the trophy to Nissan most definetly. Honda and Toyota (again, Lexus and Acura) cars today are B.O.R.I.N.G, despite Honda's claim for performance, all they do is providing cars with fwd. (sorry to break your bubbles folks, but TL, TSX, and CL can never really be considered as real performance cars ~ more like, sporty family cruiser). Toyota same thing, they have been manufacturing cars which are only aimed for quality and reliability, and along the line, they have manage to take out all the fun from driving a car.

hope that helps to clarify some of the vague points you guys been having during the course of the argument.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Banned

No, I own a Infiniti G35 2005 model to be exact. Reason #1 why I no longer own a Acura because of poor build quality. Outrageous claims? I was gonna say the same thing to you kid because it sounds like you never been in one yourself. I OWN ONE. I have OWNED both types of vehicles. I have owned a LEXUS RX300 as well.

Butt prints not a issue? lol thats a new one, but everyone complained about it and Acura supposely fixed it (haven't seen a 2005 yet).

Brake issues regarding Infiniti. Due to high performance Pads on the G35 to make the 113ft stopping distance besting the Acura TL, they dusted and wore out in 15k of miles. Now with upgraded brakes over 1 inch bigger rotors and dual piston calipers, there is no longer a reason for the expesnive Brembo upgrade since these brakes perform just as good as the Brembos did. Research might help your arguement. You haven't done that yet obviously. They did fix it.

Always when you have a coupe version and a 4 door version sales will always be lower than just ONE version. Just like how the TL and CL use to be.

I am done argueing with you kid. You use baseless facts. Have a nice day in your parents TL.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boosted_2gz
When two clowns are arguing I simply have to chime in (pardon the metaphor).

for vtecracer Honda and Acura are indeed prone and famous for transmission problems, albeit not as much as what Tunerman has described, but he is right, its a known FACT that Hondas and Acuras are quite prone with tranny problems (for simple easy reason, go to yahoo and type, honda transmission problems, not a very good reference, but hey, Im lazy). My own friends, one with a 2001 accord, and the other with 2002 Tl-s have to replaced their transmission (thankfully under warranty). Given the percentage of co-workers and friends who owned hondas, I say the percentage (in my case) is about 1/10 had a problem with transmission.

When it comes in quality and other reliability, Imo Honda and Acura are close to perfect, and yes, they are better than Infiniti and Nissan respectively.

sr20de have TONS of potentials, it just that in stock form, they are pretty weak (potentials as holding up very well when boosted in stock internals). Think of 2gz-ge (is300 and na supra) vs 2gz-gte, and if you know what I mean, you get the point.

for Tunerman admit it, before 2001, (before Carlos something take over), Infiniti and Nissan are pathetic, they are at the verge of becoming the next Mitsubishi (aka bankruptcy). Afterwards and until today, Nissan and Infiniti have climbed up in a very good pace, but they are still not as good as Hondas and Toyota (Lexus and Acura) in terms of quality, build, and reliability.

But when you're talking about driving dynamic, I have to give the trophy to Nissan most definetly. Honda and Toyota (again, Lexus and Acura) cars today are B.O.R.I.N.G, despite Honda's claim for performance, all they do is providing cars with fwd. (sorry to break your bubbles folks, but TL, TSX, and CL can never really be considered as real performance cars ~ more like, sporty family cruiser). Toyota same thing, they have been manufacturing cars which are only aimed for quality and reliability, and along the line, they have manage to take out all the fun from driving a car.

hope that helps to clarify some of the vague points you guys been having during the course of the argument.

Back in 2000 yes Nissan sucked and they still do for that side. Infiniti cars have always had great interiors and exteriors (except the full size SUV) They have always been just as good as Acura or Lexus. They were built very good as well. I know a friend who is a realator that bought a 2000 I30. She has over 250k on the clock, NEVER been in the shop, and still looks new. She is a Realtor...so you know how much they drive. Like I said, I have owned a Lexus RX300. Great build quality! Much better than Acura, and only slightly better than my Infiniti.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Advanced

Back in 2000 yes Nissan sucked and they still do for that side. Infiniti cars have always had great interiors and exteriors (except the full size SUV) They have always been just as good as Acura or Lexus. They were built very good as well. I know a friend who is a realator that bought a 2000 I30. She has over 250k on the clock, NEVER been in the shop, and still looks new. She is a Realtor...so you know how much they drive. Like I said, I have owned a Lexus RX300. Great build quality! Much better than Acura, and only slightly better than my Infiniti.
I hope you're not referring to g35s (the Infiniti Im most familiar with) as their quality and build is seriously something that can't be considered as luxurious or spectacular.

Among all the sedans in the segments, the g35 in my opinion, have the worse interior, roughest engine and harshest ride (noisy come to mind). The car is fast and VERY torque thats for sure, but I dont think it is comparable to Lexus and Acura's standard when it comes to refinement and reliability (TL, TSX, IS300, and ES330 come into mind).

now with the I30, I have to agree with your comment.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Banned

I hope you're not referring to g35s (the Infiniti Im most familiar with) as their quality and build is seriously something that can't be considered as luxurious or spectacular.

Among all the sedans in the segments, the g35 in my opinion, have the worse interior, roughest engine and harshest ride (noisy come to mind). The car is fast and VERY torque thats for sure, but I dont think it is comparable to Lexus and Acura's standard when it comes to refinement and reliability (TL, TSX, IS300, and ES330 come into mind).

now with the I30, I have to agree with your comment.
My G35 is very luxurious. I own a 05, and had a 04. The 05 is much better than the 04, but its still very very nice. I have people always making complements. Until you own one, don't bad mouth the interior of a car. Roughest ENGINE?! OMG, it has the smoothest engine in its class and the best performance too! Why you think the VQ is rated the best for smooth, power, technology, etc? LOL. The ride of the G35 isn't as harsh as the TL I drove and my friends TL that he is selling due to problems. You call the IS300 refined? LOL! Please give me a break.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Love to have a TL

hey
why don't you use a freaken MDX compare it to a IS
ya
than Acura's quality is going to blow Lexus away eh
the TL is in the middle of GS and ES
I live in Canada and the TL's base price is like 20G difference
i don't know what you are thinking comparing those 2 cars and saying that Lexus are lot better
how about this
Infiniti's cars are better quality than Acura because I compare a M45 to a EL
hummmm.......
you see something wrong there?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RS_TL_Lover
hey
ya
i don't know what you are thinking comparing those 2 cars and saying that Lexus are lot better
how about this
hummmm.......
What I see is someone who doesn't know english well.

The TL can not be compared to a GS or ES. Different class. TL is entry level, same as the IS300/350 and G35.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Love to have a TL

dude
what happen to EL or TSX
TL is entry class
give me a break
as far as english concern
i don't need your comments
Old 08-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Banned

dude
what happen to EL or TSX
TL is entry class
give me a break
as far as english concern
i don't need your comments

TL is entry level luxury. The RL is considered Luxury.

http://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtes...vel/2005tl.htm

And many more links you can do a search on. The TSX isn't considered a Luxury vehicle.

I suggest learn some better english before responding to me again.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
I suggest learn some better english before responding to me again.
Enough of the language comments. Yours is not perfect either, so let's just read the post and not be so critical.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Instructor

The 5spd Automatic transmission. You are obviously not old enough to do research.

Sad, don't you know, thats why Honda released a recall and tranny extended warranty on all the v6 5spd trannys for the ody, cl/tl/accord and so on. lol.

Wow, didn't I say the same exact thing in my post? The TL/CL/Accord use the same series motor and same transmisions. That equals one V6 and one transmission. Do I have to draw a diagram for you?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Instructor

No, I own a Infiniti G35 2005 model to be exact. Reason #1 why I no longer own a Acura because of poor build quality. Outrageous claims? I was gonna say the same thing to you kid because it sounds like you never been in one yourself. I OWN ONE. I have OWNED both types of vehicles. I have owned a LEXUS RX300 as well.

Butt prints not a issue? lol thats a new one, but everyone complained about it and Acura supposely fixed it (haven't seen a 2005 yet).

Brake issues regarding Infiniti. Due to high performance Pads on the G35 to make the 113ft stopping distance besting the Acura TL, they dusted and wore out in 15k of miles. Now with upgraded brakes over 1 inch bigger rotors and dual piston calipers, there is no longer a reason for the expesnive Brembo upgrade since these brakes perform just as good as the Brembos did. Research might help your arguement. You haven't done that yet obviously. They did fix it.

Always when you have a coupe version and a 4 door version sales will always be lower than just ONE version. Just like how the TL and CL use to be.

I am done argueing with you kid. You use baseless facts. Have a nice day in your parents TL.
If you consider the interior of your G35 luxurious, then I'm sorry. You obviously don't know the real meaning of luxury. The TSX even has a a better built and quality, luxurious interior than the G35. And please don't little your self by trying to bring my age into this. Lets just say that my first car at the age of 17 costs as much as the same car your driving at the age of 30. I've had PLENTY experience with cars of all sorts.

Yes, YOU do the research. You keep telling everyone else to do it yet everything you have said here can't be backed up by anyone. The butt-print issue was fixed by Acura for 2005, hence the new seat design? Wait, have you even seen the original seat design to compare it to the new one that you probably havent seent either?

Well, if the Acura TL had break bads that wore out in 15k miles, I think it could stop in 113 ft too. Like I said, Infiniti had to many customer complaints with the Brembo's so they went with a heavier, cheaper brake system. You seemed to have confirmed that as well. There would have been no other reason for change if it wasn't for an outrageous number of complaints.

How do you know sales will be lower if a car has a 4-door version and a 2-door version? Do you have sales numbers of the 2nd gen TL and CL to compare to other cars in it's class?

And I'm sorry, my parents don't drive a TL.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

Well, it was rare to see a issue of that type pop up. But its not common unlike the TL issues.
Agreed, but that's a MAJOR issue. Not like a rear deck lid rattling a little and getting fixed.

(FYI I had an infiniti with ZERO rattles.) However, I have not a single one YET in the TL, and I have also been in Fx's and g35's that rattle like hell.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Banned

My G35 is very luxurious. I own a 05, and had a 04. The 05 is much better than the 04, but its still very very nice. I have people always making complements. Until you own one, don't bad mouth the interior of a car. Roughest ENGINE?! OMG, it has the smoothest engine in its class and the best performance too! Why you think the VQ is rated the best for smooth, power, technology, etc? LOL. The ride of the G35 isn't as harsh as the TL I drove and my friends TL that he is selling due to problems. You call the IS300 refined? LOL! Please give me a break.
The '05 has made some moves in the right direction, I looked at it before buying the TL, it just wasnt good enough. (IMO).

As for the motor. The VQ is a rough motor, old news. It's not horribly rough, but it is certainly more rough than the TL motor. (And I'd trade the roughness for more performance anyday, so I wouldnt complain.)

Technology? Come on, all these cars have nearly all the same shit.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Advanced

I dont see the IS300's interior being luxurious, it is unique, but its not anything near luxurius, heck the car has been around since 1997 using the same model and was voted the best car in Japan during its debut, can G35 last as long?

But if you say the IS300's engine and ride is not refined, and think that G35 is very luxurious, I think you have some serious problems with your common sense (try reading edmunds, car and driver, motor trend for more info on your luxurious interior).

Also try riding the TSX, TL, and IS300 before making such comment, I will say it again, G35's engine is rough albeit very strong, and it is not anywhere as smooth as the other 3 cars I mentioned.

Btw, my brother drove a G35.
there is such thing as being both loyal and ignorant, you my friend, as an auto enthusiast, fall into that category.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Advanced

hey
ya
how about this
hummmm.......
MDX to IS?? 2 cars saying that Lexus are lot better??

I dont like to agree with Tunerman, but you seriously need to rephrase some of your words.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned

At least I work for my cars unlike you. Me do the research when you haven't done a thing yet except make stupid childish comments.

And its Brake not Break. It wasnt' the Brembo system people were complaining about.

Yea they own your TL, because you definitely do not.

If you consider the interior of your G35 luxurious, then I'm sorry. You obviously don't know the real meaning of luxury. The TSX even has a a better built and quality, luxurious interior than the G35. And please don't little your self by trying to bring my age into this. Lets just say that my first car at the age of 17 costs as much as the same car your driving at the age of 30. I've had PLENTY experience with cars of all sorts.

Yes, YOU do the research. You keep telling everyone else to do it yet everything you have said here can't be backed up by anyone. The butt-print issue was fixed by Acura for 2005, hence the new seat design? Wait, have you even seen the original seat design to compare it to the new one that you probably havent seent either?

Well, if the Acura TL had break bads that wore out in 15k miles, I think it could stop in 113 ft too. Like I said, Infiniti had to many customer complaints with the Brembo's so they went with a heavier, cheaper brake system. You seemed to have confirmed that as well. There would have been no other reason for change if it wasn't for an outrageous number of complaints.

How do you know sales will be lower if a car has a 4-door version and a 2-door version? Do you have sales numbers of the 2nd gen TL and CL to compare to other cars in it's class?

And I'm sorry, my parents don't drive a TL.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Banned

I have driven a IS300, TSX, TL so I can make the comments since I have been in one.

Ah more insults. Shows your age.

The VQ is been rated the top 10 engine for 10 years straight. For it being very smooth. But maybe you don't think its smooth is because of the throaty exhaust on the G35 that make it sound more like a sports car not a family car.

I dont see the IS300's interior being luxurious, it is unique, but its not anything near luxurius, heck the car has been around since 1997 using the same model and was voted the best car in Japan during its debut, can G35 last as long?

But if you say the IS300's engine and ride is not refined, and think that G35 is very luxurious, I think you have some serious problems with your common sense (try reading edmunds, car and driver, motor trend for more info on your luxurious interior).

Also try riding the TSX, TL, and IS300 before making such comment, I will say it again, G35's engine is rough albeit very strong, and it is not anywhere as smooth as the other 3 cars I mentioned.

Btw, my brother drove a G35.
there is such thing as being both loyal and ignorant, you my friend, as an auto enthusiast, fall into that category.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro

I think this thread has more idiotic comments than the rest of the board put together. Whats the problem with the dick commenting on people's english and typos after he runs out of valid comments? Someone as stupid as that has no business correcting other people.

Good job guys
Old 08-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by apwalsh
I think this thread has more idiotic comments than the rest of the board put together. Whats the problem with the dick commenting on people's english and typos after he runs out of valid comments? Someone as stupid as that has no business correcting other people.

Good job guys
Wow, look at yourself.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Instructor

I think you guys are just plain NON SENSE. I don't care which car is better, but it's more about your personal preference. I bought a TL because I need a 4DR car, luxury, comfortable, and at my range. I would buy G35 because is sportier, more in performance side, and at my range. Just being honest, if I have over 50G to spend, I'm gonna get neither both, I rather get E55 AMG or C65AMG. So, TL ppl and G35 ppl, we both are in the same boat, so arguing between TL, G35, or even with IS300, or any other car is just stupid, it doesn't make your care better or superior. If I had a money to buy a ferrary, i wouldn't spend my time in this forum, but too bad I'm just as you are.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by foot3ch
I think you guys are just plain NON SENSE. I don't care which car is better, but it's more about your personal preference. I bought a TL because I need a 4DR car, luxury, comfortable, and at my range. I would buy G35 because is sportier, more in performance side, and at my range. Just being honest, if I have over 50G to spend, I'm gonna get neither both, I rather get E55 AMG or C65AMG. So, TL ppl and G35 ppl, we both are in the same boat, so arguing between TL, G35, or even with IS300, or any other car is just stupid, it doesn't make your care better or superior. If I had a money to buy a ferrary, i wouldn't spend my time in this forum, but too bad I'm just as you are.

I agree.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Advanced

I have driven a IS300, TSX, TL so I can make the comments since I have been in one.

The VQ is been rated the top 10 engine for 10 years straight. For it being very smooth. But maybe you don't think its smooth is because of the throaty exhaust on the G35 that make it sound more like a sports car not a family car.
I personally find your quotation hilarious.
Given your unsecure age, which I believe ripe for mid life crisis, you still manage to bicker back and forth with people much younger than you, and when cornered, presume your age as an advantage, its a bit pathetic really.

Back to the topic, I see now that you've withdrawn your opinion in G35 being luxury, so your argument on the engine as being smooth, given your narrow point of view, I will try to elaborate it as best as I can.

You have to remember that I never mention anything about the engine being bad, its merely rough (some people like it as it makes the car much more engaging) so before you presume your negativity towards me, calm down, take a deep breath, and be reasonable.

I am assuming that when you mention smooth, you're referring to the VQ's effortless power gain, if thats the case, then I agree. But through the whole topic, other people including myself, refer to a smooth engine as being quiet, unintrusive, and as a driver, you dont feel nor hear the engine as being musclebound. Even my brother agree that his car is not anywhere as smooth as my IS300 (when it was stock, I bought it before him), but he likes it as it makes the car much more fun to be driven (you feel more in touch with the car I suppose).

In term of ride quality, a G35 is also a bit noisier (and more prone to rattles), again given its 260 - 280hp, that is perfectly normal ! Power is a G35's strong point, but it is not anywhere perfect when it comes to other aspect. Trust me, you will enjoy your car even more when you can see and admit it its own weakness, it might be a bit hard especially for a new owner, but at the least, give it a try for the sake of other auto enthusiast (some of your earlier arguments were really ignorant, and void of outside fact other than your own opinion).
Old 08-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

Before you start throwing out this non-sense at some little kid why dont you get your own links. The VQ hasnt been rating because it's smooth. Smooth, wow what a motor, it's SMOOTH.

It has been rated highly because of it's longevity, consistancy, performance, and dependability. Ridiculous.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Before you start throwing out this non-sense at some little kid why dont you get your own links. The VQ hasnt been rating because it's smooth. Smooth, wow what a motor, it's SMOOTH.

It has been rated highly because of it's longevity, consistancy, performance, and dependability. Ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Acura vs. Lexus Quality