3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura owners - if you want some good entertainment...read this thread I started...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura owners - if you want some good entertainment...read this thread I started...

on the LS1GTO.com site. I basically stated that I was moving on & thanks for the help & assistance while owning my GTO & you can see the responses.

One would think, after reading the thread, that I said their mom was a whore or somethin'. They just bashed Hondas & Acuras...read for yourself.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58095
Old 01-16-2006, 06:29 PM
FOR SALE - BM

that forum was hysterical. its almost like you are the enemy now .... now that you don't have your goat ... good luck with the TL... you made the right choice.. especially if you got the navi and or the 6mt. but coming from all those fast ass cars. the TL might not be that exciting....
Old 01-16-2006, 06:30 PM
FOR SALE - BM

sorry just saw your sig. no 6mt just navi
Old 01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Holdin it down for MS

Good lord, what a bunch of children.

They really need to wake up and...shit I dunno, do SOMETHING. It's absurd that they are getting upset at you for trading in a POS for a reliable car. The best part is that you were very cordial and nice about it, and they took offense to it and started bashing YOU and the car (lawn-mower??? wtf? I guess I missed the meeting when we assigned the TL as garden equipment status).

I would be embarassed to own a GTO if that sort of behavior is indicative of GTO owners.

I love the guy that says that someone "made up" some problems they were having with their GTO. Classic.

Almost as classic as the guy that said that GTO owners are "hardcore muscle" cars. Then some guy proceeds to own that guy with the 62 ramcharger and 427 Impala comment.

The ignorace is rampant.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW those dudes in the GTO forum are bitter!!!

I'm all for brand loyalty, but when the brand you're loyal to refuses to fix what's wrong..... There's a problem. GM should be wary of you and folks like you who have 'concerns' with the quality of their products..... Sooner or later, things will catch up with them, and to some extent, they already have, which is why they are in the financial position they are in. From reading your post, it looks like you exhausted every avenue available to keep your beloved GTO.

As drdamian stated, coming from the long line of high HP V8s in your sig, the TL might leave you wanting more when you step on the pedal, but I think you made a wise decision.... Besides, Comptech has released their supercharger for the 3G TL, so maybe that can help with your HP withdrawls (or you could always jump into your 454SS)... Either way, you're covered

This is my second Acura and after sizing up the competition (New - Infiniti G35, BMW E90 330I, Audi A3 and A4 and the Chrysler 300C, Used - BMW E46 M3) traded in my 1990 Integra (I was the original owner) to get my TL..... close to 180k miles on it and it started every day (God, I miss that car!!). For the $, you can't come close to what Acura is able to offer in terms of luxury & technology/performance/reliability.

Welcome to the family and enjoy your new TL!!! We're glad to have you!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
man that thread was hard to read. its hard to make out what the post and what the sigs are. jeez........

anyway, we're glad to have ya.....

one of my CL buddies is about to purchase a blue GTO.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of those guys actually do sympathize for you. But then there are those you speak of who are very ignorant... those you just have to learn to ignore.

I really like this guys response to those bashing on it:

"WHOA! Hold up now. I worked for Acura for 3 years! Their tranny problems have been fixed. Due a check up on the 03+ Acura tl's. About the only bulletins thay have are updates for the navi system! Stop living in the past. Atleast Honda fixes the problems with their vehicles. Not discontinues them, and replaces them with something much less attactive/quality ala GM.

Truth is the 05+ Tl's are designed to compete with the BMW 3 series in build, quality, and performance. Let me tell you, you getting your moneys worth..."
Old 01-16-2006, 07:20 PM
04 NBP 6MT

Ha! All that LS1 horsepower is useless when the car is in the shop. I ran across all the maintenance reciepts from the 1999 Grand Am I used to lease and realized I forgot half the things it had been in the shop for - but I still remembered it was the biggest POS ever. I can't imagine why GM is on the verge of bankruptcy.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

If I wasnt banned from that site by those queers I'd give that douche bag DB a little attention.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Thank was funny. They flipped out for nothing. I don't understand why either, because the new GTO doesn't meet up to the reputation of the GTO. May be a big motor, but its ass ugly.

Just my
Old 01-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Holdin it down for MS

To be fair to the GTO guys...

Old 01-16-2006, 07:29 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...d=1#post949248

There ya go buddy....posted on for ya. And welcome to the forum and TL club!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 35 (23 members and 12 guests)
trancemission, importspeed24v, Leviathan, Scribesoft*, ramseyg, acuranewbie, xtin, TCMS, CL Platano, Hot Boi, yohan81718, MichaelBenz, Sailor-man, dalieu, Burgman, 03CoupeV6*, Linus, drdamian, caha14, LuvMyTSX*, SSM6MTNAVI, noodles186, tsingh

and still half are guests....

EDIT: to the GTO owners
Old 01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

Let the GTO guys come here, Im down with that.

Show them what educated and higher income means.

(Gosh I love my sarcasm and attitude)
Old 01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Welcome to the club. You'll love your new TL.

What can I say about the GTO board. I'm not a fan of the GTO design, but I do respect the car for what it is. The GTO folks came over to our board a month or two ago and started a bunch of $h!t for whatever reason (you can read the "Acura Idiots" thread over on the GTO board for reference)... I guess they put us all in the Speed Racer, Fast and the Furious crowd because we drive Acura's (even though many of us here use these as family cars and grocery getters). Not sure where the jealousy/hatred for Acura's started on the GTO board.

All I know is I love my TL and I would never race a Goat (old or new).
Plus, we're a much classier crowd here.. as long as you can look past to handful of people who constantly bitch about everything! You'll figure out who they are pretty soon ..
Old 01-16-2006, 07:57 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Scribesoft
Welcome to the club. You'll love your new TL.

What can I say about the GTO board. I'm not a fan of the GTO design, but I do respect the car for what it is. The GTO folks came over to our board a month or two ago and started a bunch of $h!t for whatever reason (you can read the "Acura Idiots" thread over on the GTO board for reference)... I guess they put us all in the Speed Racer, Fast and the Furious crowd because we drive Acura's (even though many of us here use these as family cars and grocery getters). Not sure where the jealousy/hatred for Acura's started on the GTO board.

All I know is I love my TL and I would never race a Goat (old or new).
I might surmise that is has something to do with the fact that American cars (especially GM) is getting the asses kicked due to lack of response to the market....ie models, quality, ect. and their financial condition. I can tell you I would be a little uneasy if I owned a GM right now. Hell...GM didnt even make the GTO....they had to go outside GM to get that one....to a subsidiary, Holden. Thats about this models only saving grace....and curse at the same time, as I understand from that forum that GM does not even know how to service the car in many cases?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

What I find most impressive about GM, irregardless of other automobile manufacturers, is that it's WORTH LESS THAN COACH.

Yes the purse maker.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Leviathan
To be fair to the GTO guys...

Thats great Leviathan!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

they have a thread called OFF TOPIC, I kinda like that idea, just a BS thread here in 3rd gen. hmmm....
Old 01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trancemission
man that thread was hard to read. its hard to make out what the post and what the sigs are. jeez........

anyway, we're glad to have ya.....

one of my CL buddies is about to purchase a blue GTO.

tell him to read that thread, maybe he will have second thoughts
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by sskillett
tell him to read that thread, maybe he will have second thoughts
I dont think theres any way I can talk him out of it, Hes got a serious woody for it. Although I will link him to this thread..
Old 01-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

DB lives in Taylor, Michigan.

That fact alone is reason enough to pity him. Plus, did you see his pic? Wow.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

You know, a year ago, I could easily see threads here debating TL versus G35, Bimmer 3 and 5-series, various Lexus models.... hell, even Accords...

Cross-forum debates of the above-mentioned cars makes sense to me.

But a entire GTO board getting their panties all twisted about a TL???? Just seems absurd to me.... Christ, we'll probably have to fend off some classic Packard forum next bitching how the TL doesn't have wooden-spoked wheels and how our headlights are too small to be a real car. Makes about as much sense.

One thing I did learn from the GTO forum is they have a much more open avatar policy than we do. If you're trolling in here as a guest... good job m6GTO
Old 01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtin

Sarcasm > You.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

^ I stand corrected
Old 01-16-2006, 08:18 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
that thread was a pretty good read. good god some people take change way to seriously. you'll enjoy your TL
Old 01-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trancemission
I dont think theres any way I can talk him out of it, Hes got a serious woody for it. Although I will link him to this thread..
Well I will say it is a nice car (besides the quality issues, dealer issues, & poor response from GM). I did not want to get rid of it, but the stress caused by GM not responding, the fact the car sat for the 4 months (still making payments every month) while trying to get resolution, and my other reasons (kid on the way, decided to trade 2 cars - the wife's Grand Am & the GTO) made the choice to do it. I have always admired the TL (even before the redesign in '04), so the TL was an obvious choice. I looked at the Maxima SE, G35, Charger, & Lexus IS and felt the TL was the best of the bunch.

I only have 400 miles on it, but for my wife, it is a serious upgrade from a Grand Am.

If I bought the GTO to put in a garage & wax it everyday like most of those guys do, then maybe things would be different. I already have a vehicle that sits in the garage for months at a time & I will never get rid of it. To me, it is sensless to make payments on another.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
Holy fsck many of those guys are babies over on that board!

Our forum is MUCH more civilized.

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your TL, sskillett, most of us like ours. It's too bad GM never made your Goat right.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok why do they call it Goat? Im sorry, but I wouldnt want a car called Goat. I can survive with Bronco, Mustang, or Tiburon.. but Goat? lol.

... I know. Thats why you really got rid of your goat. You were too embarrassed of the nickname it had. just messing with you.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I only read the first page over there. Unnecessary bashing on the TL for no good reason. There are loyalists, then there are the redneck dumbasses. "My daddy bought a Chevy, so I bought a Chevy." They think everything else, especially import, sucks.

I love the GTO (3 of my friends are GTO owners), but those guys are idiots. I won't even waste my time reading any more posts over there.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Pro

Geez, that thread took a while to read. Not all of them were ignorant, stubborn or stupid to the reasons why you sold your GTO. However, those that were, you could tell change or compromise will never come easy to them. You did what made sense, get rid of a lemon and buy something you believe you can depend on be it Honda, Toyota, Ford, or whatever it would be. It is after all your daily driver.

It's nice to have a forum where Mods will close threads getting out of hand.

Anyways, good luck with the TL. Hope this works out for you.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by xtin

Hey, hey. Come on now. I live in Michigan, too.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Weather Watcher

Sheesh some of the guys in that thread were seriously loosing it. I know some p'ple hate Acura's but damn. Reminds me of one time I went to a party and I guess my car was blocking somebody's driveway. Then this dude comes up to our group and he's like (very sarcastically) 'somebody's Honda is blocking the driveway.' I was like 'sure I'll go move it.' You shoulda seen the look on his face when my some other guys standing there were like thats a sweet Acura man - while walking out with me to it to check out the nav and stuff.

Enjoy ur TL dude. No matter what they say its a sweet ride and the best bang for ur buck.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Holy fsck many of those guys are babies over on that board!

Our forum is MUCH more civilized.

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your TL, sskillett, most of us like ours. It's too bad GM never made your Goat right.

I agree. When members play with the idea of either trading in their TL for another car or ask for a comparison the responses are much better. A good chunk of us seriously thought about getting the G35...and while its nice to make fun of the inifniti forums its not like we want blood if someone is trading their car for another.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro

You mean I don't have to sacrafice a small animal before I trade in my TL for something else. Dang, been chasing the neighborhood cats for nothing then.

Originally Posted by subinf
I agree. When members play with the idea of either trading in their TL for another car or ask for a comparison the responses are much better. A good chunk of us seriously thought about getting the G35...and while its nice to make fun of the inifniti forums its not like we want blood if someone is trading their car for another.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:25 AM
To punish and enslave

The first page of that thread alone is the reason why I love AcuraZine.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:15 AM
:( Harminder Is Lost In

02 tl type s AND PROUD OF MY DAMN CHOICE i love this car, power, looks, and its built to last
Old 01-17-2006, 01:18 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just do whatever u love to...

the car is still ur favourite, who cares what they say, right?
Old 01-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow... reading that forum gives me an uneasy feeling

a lot of underlying racism over there
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Originally Posted by invincible569
Ok why do they call it Goat? Im sorry, but I wouldnt want a car called Goat. I can survive with Bronco, Mustang, or Tiburon.. but Goat? lol.

... I know. Thats why you really got rid of your goat. You were too embarrassed of the nickname it had. just messing with you.
Supposedly, the GTO originally stood for Gran Turismo Omalogado which means Grand Touring Sedan (or something to that effect) back in the 60's.

The youth market at the time simply transposed the letters, added an A and called it the GOAT (think 1 syllable versus 3 everytime you have to say the name). "GOAT" is simply easier and quicker to say than "G-T-O".

I could be off with some of this... Kind of the mid-1960's version of internet / IM lingo.. It's a lot easier to write "lol" than "laugh out loud" everytime you want to write it.. Just like it's easier and quicker to say "Goat".

Quick Reply: Acura owners - if you want some good entertainment...read this thread I started...