3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Client Services Release Form??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
NBP REPRESENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Acura Client Services Release Form??

When dealing with acura client services...after the case is done with...

Have any of you had to sign a release form?

They are closing my case and are making me sign a release form so that they can compensate me for the time I have been without my car.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation...

It just seems a little fishy
Old 10-16-2007, 02:36 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Well, what are you "releasing" them from?

My guess is this a CYA on their part so that you cannot claim further compensation from the same incidents. IOW - you release them from further claims related to this case.

You should consider this carefully. Does it absolve them of additional or future warranty work related to this case? If so, it's a bad deal. Also, without signing this release, I assume they will withhold compensation.

It's probably not a bad thing, per se, but you better understand it before you sign it.

BTW - what problems was the case related to?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
I smell a fish, imo.

Read the thing EXTREMELY CAREFULLY.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
NBP REPRESENT

I spoke o the claim guy...it releases them from the current case that I had filed for this period.

I thought it voided warranty work or in cae something broke again they woul nto fix it..but I was wrong...

It just says that we are closing the case by compensating you for the time I was without my car...

In case anything happens in the future they will most certainly fix it...
Old 10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
NBP REPRESENT

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Well, what are you "releasing" them from?

My guess is this a CYA on their part so that you cannot claim further compensation from the same incidents. IOW - you release them from further claims related to this case.

You should consider this carefully. Does it absolve them of additional or future warranty work related to this case? If so, it's a bad deal. Also, without signing this release, I assume they will withhold compensation.

It's probably not a bad thing, per se, but you better understand it before you sign it.

BTW - what problems was the case related to?
My car was a bad piece...It spent a long time in the shop on multiple occasions...
they changed leather on my seats because they had permanent indentations...they changed outside mirrors...i had 3 bad speakers replaced...the dealer scratched my car bad and chipped some things inside...thats just the beginning...I had my struts replaced because of a knocking noise...they changed my brake pads and rotors because they started squealing after like 6K or 7K miles...they changed my sunroof shade and my rear speaker deck because they rattled constantly when the music was on and even when it was not on... the rear bumper was loose...my tail light was cracked and there was mold growing inside of it... there are even more parts that they changed that i am tired of typing now lol... I filed a case with Client services because of the car as well as the poor repairs ad attempts to fix the car by the dealership...the dealership never had loaner cars ready for me and they got chewed out by corporate...

lol I've had too many issues...

I could not pursue the lemon law either because it pertains to mechanical as te majority of my claims were cosmetic.

Im glad its over with for the time being...
Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
most certainly fix it... or they WILL fix it????
Old 10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
NBP REPRESENT

They Definately will fix it...the client services guy said if I have any more problems to contact him first and he;ll make sure I am taken care of..

They did do a good job takin care of me...it just took a while...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
WOW!! That's one seriously bad build. Like they ran out of parts one day and dug into the "quarantined parts" bin to get your car off the line. LOL

So, how is the car now? Is it pretty well back to normal - i.e. no significant or easily noticable build/fit/finish issues?