3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (V)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,961 Likes on 14,481 Posts
Okay, let's lighten this shit up a little, boys...
Old 10-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Unless that fucker had a FFL class 3 license, his access to automatic rifles is troubling
I wonder if it was a bump fire contraption.. if so.. say bye bye to those.
He was a smart guy it seems.. possibly milled them himself.. or grandfathered ownership (not likely).
I'll say this.. firing for 10-15 seconds full-auto.. he had drums of ammo.
Each burst of shots was at least 100 rounds.
I'm thinking an AR-15 auto with 100 rd double drums
I need to listen more.. the snap is so familiar.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:09 AM

J... if you can't watch.. read:

The Many Tattoos of Enson Inoue | FIGHTLAND

Originally Posted by THE MANY TATTOOS OF ENSON INOUE
Enson Inoue is a Hawaiian by birth, a former heavyweight champion of Japanese proto-MMA league Shooto, and a pioneer on the Japanese MMA circuit, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert who once got into a game of face-tenderizing with Igor Vovchanchyn just because. He earned the nickname Yamato Damashii—a reverent term meaning "Japanese Spirit"—for fighting with a will to die. Now, three years after he last set foot in the ring, Inoue seeks spiritual growth outside of it, whether on an 870-mile pilgrimage across the island of Shikoku or during one of the more than 23 relief missions he has made to help the victims of the 2011 earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster. He's also got a lot of tattoos, and a story behind each one.

Enson Inoue: For me, a tattoo isn't about fashion—it isn't about [having] something that looks cool. It's something that I want to take with me when I die.

I got my first tattoo before my Zulu fight. Funny how I always gauge things by my fights. I put a little Shooto kanji on my back to show my support for Shooto. That was my first tattoo, and at that day and time, nobody wore tattoos.

I was the Shooto heavyweight champion, so they couldn't banish me from the ring because of a little tattoo. And it was a tattoo that said "Shooto," so it made it even harder for them to banish me.

The next tattoo I got was a real honorable tattoo, where I put “Yamato Damashii” on my back. That was my nickname. I was a foreigner that still represented the real samurai spirit of Japan. I had two tattoos and they were still allowing me to fight, so it pretty much opened the door for other fighters to get tattoos.

The tattoos in the palms of my hands mean the most. Not only because they hurt the most.

Whenever you meet a not-even-three-month-old baby and you put your finger in the palms of his hands, he'll grip it really strong. You meet someone that's on the verge of death with cancer—I've seen three or four people close to me go with cancer—it comes to the point where they're so weak that they can't speak or open their eyes. But you put your hands in their hands and ask if they're hurting: “If it's yes, squeeze once. If it's no, squeeze twice.” So I realized that to clench a fist was your first power and your last power. And I thought to myself: The two things that I always want to protect to my death are my family and my pride.

I first saw the saying “live as a man, die as a man, become a man” in a Yakuza office. I went to my friend's office and he had it hung up on the wall.

My friend said, “The first line means all the trials in your life, all the hard times in your life—you take it head on and use it as a test to become stronger. All these little trials in your life are tests to live as a man, to become stronger as a man. The reason why you're taking all these tests is because you have a final examination, which is death. The scariest thing you'll ever do is die. And until death comes, you won't know if you have become a man or not.”

I can live as a man and be strong and everything, but if I die as a coward, I haven't become a man. If I live as a man and hit all the trials head on—you know, the Yamato Damashii way—and I die without any fear in my heart, and I die for what I believe is right without regretting having to go, then I become a man.

I have a cross on my stomach that has the date I was arrested—October 18, 2008. It has the names of the people close to me that I really miss a lot. The reason why they're on a cross is because that's when I started reading the bible.

There are a lot of times I think, “Oh, if I would've done this, I wouldn't have been arrested.” Then I've gotta slap myself on the head and say, “Hey, wait a minute, that was probably the best thing that happened in your life.”

The things I gained from going to jail were big. The biggest thing is I really appreciate my freedom. People complain that they've gotta go to work this morning, or “Aw shit, I gotta go visit my parents, but I want to go out with my friends.” But you know what, man? You've got the choice to do it. You've got the choice to visit your parents or tell 'em, “No, I'm gonna go be with my friends.” I was sitting in a bus chained up with other inmates and looking outside, and it was the only time we ever got to see the outside. And I looked at these people with a frown on their face walking to work thinking, “You guys are fucking lucky, man.”

This tattoo is a map of the pilgrimage. It actually has little dots where each temple was, and it has a date: 2010, August 18 to September 18, the time it took me to finish the pilgrimage. It also says 108 temples, which is the number of temples I covered, and 1,400 kilometers, the distance I covered. And linked to the tattoo is a Japanese saying that basically says no matter how hard or how scary the situation you're confronted with, hit it with all your power until the end of your power. Almost like when they say leave it all in the ring.

It's changed my life. I experienced pains and loneliness and mental anguish, more than I've ever experienced in my 45 years of life.

The first thing I thought was: 1,400 kilometers—that's not possible. That's like walking from my house in Saitama to Osaka and back. The only thing I had on my mind that I had to prepare to face was the physical anguish. Little did I know that going alone, I was going to face loneliness, the emotional anguish. Little did I know that I was gonna be at temple 28 thinking I won't be able to make it to the next temple, realizing that I still had 80 temples to go.

For everything in your life, there are three circles that it can go into. The first circle is things that make you happy. The second circle is things that don't matter to you. The last circle is things that irritate you or piss you off. The size of each circle, I believe, depends on the happiness of the life that you live.

For me, going on the pilgrimage—things that made me happy, that circle got bigger. The reason being was that things that didn't matter to me like getting a cold glass of water from the fridge any time, being able to call my friends and say hello or have them come over and hang out, the roof over my head, the bed that I sleep in—all those things didn't matter to me. But those and many other things got pulled into the circle that makes me happy.

There's a Japanese style that is represented by the Yakuza—they call it Wabori. But what I've experienced in Japan is instead of saying, “If you have Wabori, then you can't go here or here,” they just generalize on the whole. There are certain establishments that you can't go into or you can't show any tattoos.

In the evacuation centers, a lot of times, they don't let the Yakuza in. A lot of the bad ones try to make money off of the people. They'll bring things they can't get—very, very needed supplies—and sell them for three times the price. They were already hesitant about me giving them supplies and then they saw my tattoos.

I was gonna cover them, but then I decided not to. I wanted them to understand that tattoos don't necessarily symbolize Yakuza. And they don't necessarily symbolize that someone is bad.

When we walked into the evacuation center for the first time, I kinda crouched and huddled with some of the people and said, “I'm here to help. If there's anything you need, I'll bring it back tomorrow.” The first word out of their mouth was “daijoubu,” which means “we're okay.” And any which way you look at it, they are not okay. They've lost their family, they're living in cardboard boxes, they don't even have shoes to wear sometimes. They're not okay, but they're saying “daijoubu” to me. I realized that about Japanese culture: They're really hesitant to take help. Especially if I'm walking in with tattoos—they're more, like, freaking out on it.

The only reason I got taken in was because a friend's family was in the same evacuation center and they realized I wasn't here to take advantage of them. They also realized I wasn't the stereotype of a guy with a tattoo. Everything warmed up when they realized that.

We try to bring things that will make a difference in their life and help out with their daily expenses. We bring tissues, body soap, water, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bags of rice. What people fail to realize is, yeah, it does give them a little help, but more than the help, they realize that they're not forgotten.

Right now, in the north, the suicide rate is really high. A lot of these people don't see a reason to live anymore. They've lost everything, they're 70 or 80 years old, they're not gonna start all over again, they don't want to burden their children. It's not really that bringing water or soap or rice is gonna lift their spirits: It's making them realize that they're not forgotten, that there are people that are still thinking and caring and rooting for them.

Each trip costs me $1,500 to $3,000, depending on what we give. What helps me pay for this is my bracelet sales. It hasn't really taken a toll because I've been going up as much as I can when I have that extra cash. So I can't say I've been making huge sacrifices for it, but I've been spending my own money. And it's not as honorable as people think it is; I do get a lot out of it. The gratification I get, money can't buy.

My left thigh is empty. I have it planned; it's already in the makings right now. It's gonna be a tattoo of the north of Japan.

There are two lives—the physical and the spiritual. And the physical—human beings think it's a long time, but it's a grain of sand on a beach compared to the spiritual, which is eternity. Even if you're a millionaire, even if you have a Ferrari, even if you have a beautiful mansion, when you die, you've gotta leave it all behind. The only thing you take with you is your soul. When you cremate your body, I believe it goes into your spirit. Everything I put on my body is something that I want to take with me into the spiritual life.
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 11:17 AM

I can, already bumped them to my history so i can play through bt in the truck...
mind always open, my friend.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:22 AM

J.. my other spirit brother.
rockstar143 (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 11:27 AM

already started my journey to accomplish living like a man. took a dump in a field today, perfect form, done in 30 seconds, no facebooking.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:30 AM

you've faced many tribulations like a champ and are alpha as fuck my bronamath.. keep on truckin'
rockstar143 (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
alpha beta #cuck shit
Old 10-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,666 Likes on 6,687 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
Do you think a soldier that kills people in battle is mentally unfit?
How about a pilot that drops a bomb and kills hundreds?

People can detach in but be perfectly sound in thought.
There are many executioners for drug cartels, or mafias that have killed dozens if not hundreds
They lived regular lives before and after getting caught.. raising families, etc

It doesn't make them unfit.
Who knows this guys motives, but blaming it on mental illness / being mentally unfit is a scapegoat
Everything is mental health nowadays.. the mind is complex.

If you say he's mentally unfit, then you're saying people that have mental health issues are a threat to society.
Get it.
I think you've extrapolated far too much from my statement. Especially the bolded. That's not what I said at all.. I said HE was mentally unfit.. Also your first two examples were people whose JOB it is to kill enemy combatants, that's not even close to the same situation as here.

Let's rephrase the words that you tried to put in my mouth:
I'm saying he's mentally unfit but overall I'm also saying that as a society, we must pay more attention to people with mental health and give them the treatment that they need.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Then explain what makes you think he's mentally unfit?
Maybe he was paid to kill everyone there.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Explain why you think all mass shooters are mentally unfit.
Should I present each one case by case and you make your points on why they're unfit.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,764 Likes on 13,961 Posts
Even if you paid me BoostedJack's net worth, I would still say no to killing those people.

So, by that definition, perhaps the mental unfit comment is along the lines of lost moral compass? I dunno. The fact is, if anyone, regardless of their state of mind has opened fired on unarmed civilians, that's wacko. And that applies if his general, President, whatever told him to.

So, sorry Maj. Not sure what you're debating but to take an innocent person's life: that by definition is mental instability especially in a country like the US which is going through peaceful times and does not require such actions.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

My head hurts.

And as the Yankee person like the rest of you (minus Taco), I'll say this: guns suck and I completely think the Amendment is full-stupid.

Always have. Always will. This was even before the prominence of people going ape-turd and shooting peeps around them.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Time to go -ing. Shoulders and back today.

Abs too.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Shall we wait for more information to come out about the shooter then to see if someone paid him? Maybe it was ISIS?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:01 PM

exactly.. stfu.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Explain why you think all mass shooters are mentally unfit.
Should I present each one case by case and you make your points on why they're unfit.

Sounds like an exercise in futility. I'm stating my opinion on these shooters. You're saying, "YOU'RE WRONG, PROVE ME WRONG" I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of this besides the "calling everyone unfit is a scapegoat" comment that MAY have some merit ..
Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Fuck off Maj.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Even if you paid me BoostedJack's net worth, I would still say no to killing those people.

So, by that definition, perhaps the mental unfit comment is along the lines of lost moral compass? I dunno. The fact is, if anyone, regardless of their state of mind has opened fired on unarmed civilians, that's wacko. And that applies if his general, President, whatever told him to.

So, sorry Maj. Not sure what you're debating but to take an innocent person's life: that by definition is mental instability especially in a country like the US which is going through peaceful times and does not require such actions.
How do you define the moral compass of anyone that takes life or the lives of many.
Like my previous example, how does a man kill hundreds, yet tenderly love and care for his own family?
His moral compass was completely off kilter, but this was planned. He went out in a blaze of glory.

Don't label these fuckers as mentally unfit, label them assholes who don't deserve a minute of discussion.
Inside the Minds of Mass Killers | Neuroanthropology
Old 10-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

From your responses, you're clearly not interested in having an intelligent debate but rather just attack opinions. I see why you're not a fan of being in R&P
Old 10-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Don't label these fuckers as mentally unfit, label them assholes who don't deserve a minute of discussion.
Inside the Minds of Mass Killers Neuroanthropology

Ahh I get what your argument is.. You're arguing semantics basically. tomato tomahto..IMO

I'll concede my point and will have to agree with you on the latter.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Fuck off Maj.

'bate and switch

you couldn't see my red text :homersimpsongrabass:
Old 10-02-2017, 12:09 PM

hit the switch(e)s
Old 10-02-2017, 12:09 PM

love you thots!
Old 10-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

begrudgingly love you too I think it's a very good mental exercise to have intelligent debate and to question status quo thought processes and why people say certain things a certain way but i think the discussion needs to be less.. aggressive?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Every life is so precious.. it really is a miracle..
And I would never go to R&P
Might shoot up the place
Old 10-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Shall we talk airlines again?
If you don't know by now.. I'm just here to check your moral compass
Old 10-02-2017, 12:14 PM

My brosef typed out a beautiful post on social media.. about being kind and logical in our discussions online
I replied.. tl;dr
Old 10-02-2017, 12:15 PM

make sure you're fit for duty (heh.. duty)
Old 10-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Should've just responded with:
Old 10-02-2017, 12:22 PM

Savage.. tattoo these on your forearm.. read them before prayers every night.

https://www.knowable.com/a/36-of-the...f-all-time/p-1
Old 10-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

seen those.. worth another read
Old 10-02-2017, 12:29 PM

Fucking click-bait pages.. here:

Keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll find a brain back there.
Go polish your crocs.
You're as bright as a black hole, and twice as dense.
You're not pretty enough to be this stupid.
Are you done?
I bet you like your steak well done.
Go fix your eyebrows
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Well I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
I love how you state the obvious with such a sense of discovery.
I'm not saying I hate you, but I'd unplug your life support to charge my phone.
Ah, so you're the reason we have warning labels on everything.
You should try eating some makeup so you can be pretty on the inside.
This is why people talk about you when you're not around.
Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.
Has anybody ever told you that you are incredibly average?
Your family tree must be a circle.
I can't imagine what qualities you may have that would compensate for your behavior in public.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.
It must be difficult for you, exhausting your entire vocabulary in one sentence.
That is not an age appropriate response.
You have a great face for radio.
You couldn't pour the water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.
I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.
I don't care what people say about you. You're alright.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:30 PM

They threw in jerk store, but we all know the response to that one..
That's why you go straight to..
I had sex with your wife
Old 10-02-2017, 12:31 PM

Unless they drive an Audi
Then you're in basic bitch territory
Old 10-02-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by thoiboi
seen those.. worth another read
George Takei shared it.. One of the only celebs I follow..
Old 10-02-2017, 12:39 PM

Dude gets same tattoo as his dog..

Mistakes were made..

Old 10-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

George Takei shared it.. One of the only celebs I follow..

Yes...

i... may or may not follow him too

Quick Reply: The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (V)