Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2G TL Vs. Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Shyt Happens 4 a REASON!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2G TL Vs. Camaro

Ok... so 1st this fucker in a 00-02 Camaro (probably not SS or Z28) was all IN my face when I pulled up next to him at a light. Givin, I WAS thumpin some Reggae a lil loud but talk about starring ( ) fucker was leaning all over tryina look inside my car n shyt. So when the shyt turned I jus was tryina get infront so hes not all in my face. And then this hoe blasts his shyt and jumps up right next to me about a lil more than his hood infront of me... So I decided to drop down to 2nd and yank n hope for the best . Right then he looked over as I was passing him and looked PISSED.. I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING and that was that. Next light I was supposed to take my right, when dude pulled up all I did was and take my right LOL
Old 05-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should have put the windows up while he was lookin...
Old 05-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Oh I already had the windows up... Cant have them down to much cuz I got long ass hair and it blinds the hell outta me :P. But for some reason if I got my volume up the sounds cuts through my car like butter, SO easy to listen to what I'm listenin to.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

what a jerk
Old 05-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Syed
what a jerk
Hahaha gotta love haters Piamp!!.. Jus Point and Laugh
Old 05-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

some idiot did that to me once. i was driving and some guy in front of me was driving at 40km/h on a 80km/h road. so i drove on the wrong side while there was no traffic and just zoomed past him and then cut in front of him. btw this was a one lane road. then i take a left turn and i see him behind me racing towards me so i said bring it. i get road rage especially when people around me can't drive. anyways this guy pulls up beside me, he was driving the 00 accord while i was in my 05 civic. he pulls up beside me and gives me a nasty stare and starts talking trash. so i did the same and rolled my window down and told him that you are driving 40 on an 80 road, and told him to get new glasses. then the guy starts screaming out something, couldnt make out and he gives me the finger and then floors it. while he was doing that he ran a stop sign. what an idiot. so i was just furious, i hit the gas and then pull up beside him and cut in from him. i was like and inch away from him from my rear bumper to his front buymper. i hit the brakes really hard and all i hear is my tires skidding and hearing him pee his pants. after that i stopped at the next stop sign for him. i look in the rear mirror he is still not moving after that incident. hopefully he learned his lesson. he messed with the wrong guy.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:19 AM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

Perhaps you met your moron twin !

some idiot did that to me once. i was driving and some guy in front of me was driving at 40km/h on a 80km/h road. so i drove on the wrong side while there was no traffic and just zoomed past him and then cut in front of him. btw this was a one lane road. then i take a left turn and i see him behind me racing towards me so i said bring it. i get road rage especially when people around me can't drive. anyways this guy pulls up beside me, he was driving the 00 accord while i was in my 05 civic. he pulls up beside me and gives me a nasty stare and starts talking trash. so i did the same and rolled my window down and told him that you are driving 40 on an 80 road, and told him to get new glasses. then the guy starts screaming out something, couldnt make out and he gives me the finger and then floors it. while he was doing that he ran a stop sign. what an idiot. so i was just furious, i hit the gas and then pull up beside him and cut in from him. i was like and inch away from him from my rear bumper to his front buymper. i hit the brakes really hard and all i hear is my tires skidding and hearing him pee his pants. after that i stopped at the next stop sign for him. i look in the rear mirror he is still not moving after that incident. hopefully he learned his lesson. he messed with the wrong guy.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Dude your story was WAY different than mine... Your shyt was actual road rage and jus straight up Stupid... Why would you hit your brakes and then think you're the man?... Thas not cool AT ALL. If he woulda slammed you from the back and then got out and whooped your ass you woulda been the 1 thinkin that you messed wit the wrong guy.... Relax man
Old 05-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by MightySemen
Dude your story was WAY different than mine... Your shyt was actual road rage and jus straight up Stupid... Why would you hit your brakes and then think you're the man?... Thas not cool AT ALL. If he woulda slammed you from the back and then got out and whooped your ass you woulda been the 1 thinkin that you messed wit the wrong guy.... Relax man
AHA x2. You could kill someone man. Chillax
Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

man you guys have not experienced driving to the edge. i know it was stupid but i am a very good driver. i have never got a ticket in my life and have had my license for 6 years and also never been in an accident. i was just trying to relate to the fact that when people give me a stare or up in my face i do something about it cause it is rude. i dont know about you but i cant take anybody that drives under the speed limit unless if its got a baby on board sign or a wheel chair sign. cmmon on an 80 road driving 40. that is ridiculous. and btw i dont drive so i can look cool, i drive because i need to drive. think about what you would do if someone was up in your face and gives you the finger. it seems like in your case you would just blast the music louder or show whose the man. in my case i would do what i just did. sometimes you have to bend the rules. try driving outside north america, you will know what i mean.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

You are a child and cutting somebody off & hitting the brakes is about the most uncool thing that one can do to another in a car. Part of life is learning and displaying tolerance for your fellow humans, a lesson you appear to not have learned. Maybe the guy had food poisoning and just crapped his pants, you don't know and should not take offense to things that aren't about you. Passing him is one thing, but then to begin an assault of him is unnecessary.

Do you honestly think you have had any driving experience that hasn't been equalled or surpassed by one of the many members of the Board? Get real.

Life is long and there is no reason to get riled up over minor things. Like a previous post mentioned, people might choose to give you a real beating, or worse, for pulling moves like you did. Not worth it.

man you guys have not experienced driving to the edge. i know it was stupid but i am a very good driver. i have never got a ticket in my life and have had my license for 6 years and also never been in an accident. i was just trying to relate to the fact that when people give me a stare or up in my face i do something about it cause it is rude. i dont know about you but i cant take anybody that drives under the speed limit unless if its got a baby on board sign or a wheel chair sign. cmmon on an 80 road driving 40. that is ridiculous. and btw i dont drive so i can look cool, i drive because i need to drive. think about what you would do if someone was up in your face and gives you the finger. it seems like in your case you would just blast the music louder or show whose the man. in my case i would do what i just did. sometimes you have to bend the rules. try driving outside north america, you will know what i mean.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

this is going no where. thanks for those strong words buddy.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

you guys are right, i could have really messed up the situation to alot worse. man that was a really stressed out day for me.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Drifting

finally you admitted lol
Old 05-30-2007, 10:11 AM

LOL... We finally got through to him!! Dude you can YANK people, and the shyt is FUN and sometimes NEEDED, BUT slamming the brakes?? I had this 1 dude 1 time flew pass me so I tailgated him (hoping for a nice race) and he slammed his brakes to a complete stop (On a 2 lane highway) got out the car and looked at me and said "The fuck is your problem", which in my reply I said "Stop being a lil bitch and go!!" The guy got back into his car and took the 1st exit, as I was passing him I gave him the big cuz that was definetly deserved LOL..
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MightySemen
Ok... so 1st this fucker in a 00-02 Camaro (probably not SS or Z28) was all IN my face when I pulled up next to him at a light. Givin, I WAS thumpin some Reggae a lil loud but talk about starring ( ) fucker was leaning all over tryina look inside my car n shyt. So when the shyt turned I jus was tryina get infront so hes not all in my face. And then this hoe blasts his shyt and jumps up right next to me about a lil more than his hood infront of me... So I decided to drop down to 2nd and yank n hope for the best . Right then he looked over as I was passing him and looked PISSED.. I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING and that was that. Next light I was supposed to take my right, when dude pulled up all I did was and take my right LOL
this is the reason we call you the I-270 terrorist!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

i know what you mean by braking. i would go nuts too if someone did that to me.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by babyacura22
this is the reason we call you the I-270 terrorist!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Instructor

Angry

Originally Posted by Black-Balled
You are a child and cutting somebody off & hitting the brakes is about the most uncool thing that one can do to another in a car. Part of life is learning and displaying tolerance for your fellow humans, a lesson you appear to not have learned. Maybe the guy had food poisoning and just crapped his pants, you don't know and should not take offense to things that aren't about you. Passing him is one thing, but then to begin an assault of him is unnecessary.

Do you honestly think you have had any driving experience that hasn't been equalled or surpassed by one of the many members of the Board? Get real.

Life is long and there is no reason to get riled up over minor things. Like a previous post mentioned, people might choose to give you a real beating, or worse, for pulling moves like you did. Not worth it.

I don't understand why all of you are talking about how if the guy got out and gave him a beating. I'd take the beating, put his ass in jail.. sue him for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands... then whose the man?

you guys are putting hypothetical situations here. There is always danger when driving... but its pretty dangerous when idiots continue to drive the way they do. So if you fuck with those idiots... maybe they'll learn and stop being idiots.

Honestly, by him stepping on the breaks there was no real "danger". if the guy hit him, no1 would have died. Secondly, the original poster was racing... how is that any less dangerous then cutting some1 off?

BTW pointing and laughing at some1 can get you shot =>
Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by stylesinfinite
I don't understand why all of you are talking about how if the guy got out and gave him a beating. I'd take the beating, put his ass in jail.. sue him for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands... then whose the man?

you guys are putting hypothetical situations here. There is always danger when driving... but its pretty dangerous when idiots continue to drive the way they do. So if you fuck with those idiots... maybe they'll learn and stop being idiots.

Honestly, by him stepping on the breaks there was no real "danger". if the guy hit him, no1 would have died. Secondly, the original poster was racing... how is that any less dangerous then cutting some1 off?

BTW pointing and laughing at some1 can get you shot =>
no comment
Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
This thread is a fine example of my theory that TL's continuously declining resale value is making it more affordable for the masses and is thus attracting certain demographics who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford it.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 AM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

I don't understand...So if you fuck with those idiots... maybe they'll learn and stop being idiots.

Honestly, by him stepping on the breaks there was no real "danger".
Hey, look! They are triplets and not twins!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Instructor

I rarely ever mess with ppl on the road. I barely ever "race" either. So yeah coming from Alabama you must know lots of driving experience and etiquette. Try driving in NYC.. I assure you it's completely different.

But I've learned not to take idiot drivers personally.. cuz they would be idiots to anyone. the point of my argument was that whether you're "racing" or cutting someone off, it's the same shit. you going 100+ or 120+mph isnt dangerous???

what if you fishtailed and spun out on the highway... you think no1 would die? or going 70mph on a local street isnt dangerous? i think its just as dangerous. You're the moron, u douchebag .. everyone has their own choices, whether they want to drive dangerously or safely it's up to them. If they want to drive dangerously and get arrested or hurt.. so be it.. Stop whining like little kids
Old 06-03-2007, 12:35 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
This thread is a fine example of my theory that TL's continuously declining resale value is making it more affordable for the masses and is thus attracting certain demographics who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford it.
I am not sure about that as the Acura TL is one fo the Top 10 High Resale Value cars according to Forbes.com:

http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to...ale_value.html
http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to...-acura_tl.html

"Mini Cooper

Honda Accord

Toyota Avalon

Porsche 911 Carrera

Acura TL

Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Honda Odyssey

Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Toyota Sequoia

Toyota Tundra"

Those numbers were "calculated by the Automotive Lease Guide (ALG)." Althought it's more like a forecast, but it's not that far off and being in the top 10 definitely means its resale value doesn't decline by a whole lot.

I guess you are talking about the 1st or 2nd gen TL's? In that case you might be right. May be the starting price of the TL isn't that high when it's brand new, so the price might look a bit low for a used model after a few years.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:30 PM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

Hey, look! They are triplets and not twins!!!

I rarely ever mess with ppl on the road. I barely ever "race" either. So yeah coming from Alabama you must know lots of driving experience and etiquette. Try driving in NYC.. I assure you it's completely different.

But I've learned not to take idiot drivers personally.. cuz they would be idiots to anyone. the point of my argument was that whether you're "racing" or cutting someone off, it's the same shit. you going 100+ or 120+mph isnt dangerous???

what if you fishtailed and spun out on the highway... you think no1 would die? or going 70mph on a local street isnt dangerous? i think its just as dangerous. You're the moron, u douchebag .. everyone has their own choices, whether they want to drive dangerously or safely it's up to them. If they want to drive dangerously and get arrested or hurt.. so be it.. Stop whining like little kids
Old 06-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Instructor

black-balled.. the internet is serious business... haha ur real mature u internet gangster... but seriously I hope to run into u one day.. i'd love to cut you off and hopefully you'll swerve and hit oncoming traffic and become a quadriplegic.

but yeah from all you're whining i'd say you got your panties stuck in ur pussy and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a 16 year old girl
Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 AM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

black-balled.. the internet is serious business... haha ur real mature u internet gangster... but seriously I hope to run into u one day.. i'd love to cut you off and hopefully you'll swerve and hit oncoming traffic and become a quadriplegic.

but yeah from all you're whining i'd say you got your panties stuck in ur pussy and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a 16 year old girl
Thanks for showing your true colors. Sometimes I wish I were a 16 y/o girl. If I had a beaver I'd rule the world.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Black Balled is like a mosquito that never goes away, when you get a chance to get it you just wanna smack it as hard as you can but then keeps coming back. I guess its mosquito season.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

There is a charge called, "aggravated assault while armed, with the "armed" designation referring to use of a vehicle", and that is what one can be found guilty of when purposely jamming the brakes on a following vehicle.

I'll pass on further debate on the topic, as my opinion is not worth more than anyone else's...Posts thus far speak for themselves.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

whatever man, no hard feelings. i just felt like cutting in. lol. you are one serious dude.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Hahahahahahaha someone got their feelings hurt.. This is hilarious.. BLACKBALL IS HILARIOUS!!!! The Internet is serious business? LMAO!!! Oh man this thread got WAY off subject. But Stylesinfinite you really gotta relax and take something to calm them nerves down cuz hoping for someone to become a quadriplegic can hit you with some pretty fucked up karma, and nobody wants to see anything bad happen to anybody.

People get angry on the road blah blah, driving is dangerous blah blah, racing is dangerous blah BLAH.... Fun is fun, jokes is jokes stop bein all uptight at such a young age, you got all your life to turn into what you seem to be acting now. Jus have fun and live your life the way you want it... and please try not to make anyone else's any more difficult..
Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Intermediate

If you can't tell it's a SS or Z28 you can tell by the length of his mullet: Short mullet= v6, Medium mullet= Z28, if he has a Skullet (top of head is bald and still has a mullet) then it's an SS.

I'm kidding of course.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by SRT4and05TL
If you can't tell it's a SS or Z28 you can tell by the length of his mullet: Short mullet= v6, Medium mullet= Z28, if he has a Skullet (top of head is bald and still has a mullet) then it's an SS.

I'm kidding of course.

I was taking that shyt serious for about 2 seconds, until I realized what I was reading AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM
99 TLS6 08 TL

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by SRT4and05TL

I'm kidding of course.
That's gotta be the funniest shit I've heard in a long time.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
I am not sure about that as the Acura TL is one fo the Top 10 High Resale Value cars according to Forbes.com:

http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to...ale_value.html
http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to...-acura_tl.html

"Mini Cooper

Honda Accord

Toyota Avalon

Porsche 911 Carrera

Acura TL

Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Honda Odyssey

Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Toyota Sequoia

Toyota Tundra"

Those numbers were "calculated by the Automotive Lease Guide (ALG)." Althought it's more like a forecast, but it's not that far off and being in the top 10 definitely means its resale value doesn't decline by a whole lot.

I guess you are talking about the 1st or 2nd gen TL's? In that case you might be right. May be the starting price of the TL isn't that high when it's brand new, so the price might look a bit low for a used model after a few years.
Reading the thread title and the content should give you a pretty good idea of which generation TL I am talking about.

Besides, I wasn't talking about how well a car keeps its value. All cars depreciate and becomes cheaper over time. Whether it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation TL, it will become cheaper and cheaper, attracting different demographics as time passes.