2004 Price Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004 | 11:11 PM
6th Gear

2004 Price Drop?

How much do you guys think the 2004 TL (w/ Nav) will come down in price in the next few months as it gets closer to the release of the 2005. I am thinking about waiting and getting the '05, but if the '04 drops quite a bit, that might be a good option. Any thoughts?

Also, is it expected that the '05 model will be similarly priced when compared to the '04?
Old 06-29-2004 | 11:14 PM
Safety Car

i dun think there will be any 04's with navs on the lot. probably get a good deal for an 04 without nav just before the 05's. most people who buy the TL with nav have to order and wait for the car. its doubtful that there will be any on the lot to pick up immediately when the 05's start to roll off the assembly line.
Old 06-29-2004 | 11:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I agree with caball88. Except some leftover or demo Navi 04TLs, you're probably hard to see any of them in August. If Acura decides to have 05TL in September, the only new Navi you could find in August could be 05TL in dealers' allocation orders by MSRP (minus a few hundred of bucks).

Non-Navi might have more choice and discount if you could find any in their lots... BTW, no one can confirm any price info of 05TL yet...

Good luck to you.
Old 06-30-2004 | 12:33 AM
I don't have a Ferrari in

i was told by salesman that depreciation on TL will drop massively as soon as the 05 comes out. its better to hold out for the 05 since the stock of TLs will be decreasing anyw ays
Old 06-30-2004 | 12:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Imho...

Originally Posted by MasterTL
i was told by salesman that depreciation on TL will drop massively as soon as the 05 comes out. its better to hold out for the 05 since the stock of TLs will be decreasing anyw ays
For me, under the same situation, I definitely will wait for 05TL. However, due to the big incentive discount or financial factors, some ppl may be willing to have the final stage of 04TL although 05TL comes with better value for the future.

Well, no one knows how much 05TL is gonna sell yet, this tricky price tag will be the main key for decision-making...

Old 06-30-2004 | 01:41 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Originally Posted by rets
For me, under the same situation, I definitely will wait for 05TL. However, due to the big incentive discount or financial factors, some ppl may be willing to have the final stage of 04TL although 05TL comes with better value for the future.

Well, no one knows how much 05TL is gonna sell yet, this tricky price tag will be the main key for decision-making...

I talked to my salesrep and he said the 2005 TL will come out sometime btw Sept/Oct. Goodluck in finding a good deal for the Navi as they are out selling the non-navi by a huge margin. You can pretty much walk into any Acura and purchase a non-navi and have it delivered to you right away. However, the Navi is on a waiting list for at least a week or two. I would just wait for the 05 model as it should be better in terms of correcting some faults in the guinee pig year. Hell for saving the extra grand or two, I would rather have a quieter less rattling/better treads/a few minor cosmetic changes for the same price of the 2004 instead of living with those problems just to save a few more thousands.

What do you guys all think about that???
Old 06-30-2004 | 06:01 AM
Racer

You might be able to get a decent deal on a non-navi TL in a couple months but the problem is that you won't have a big selection to choose from. What will untimately be left are the least popular color combinations.

If you aren't picky about colors then you should be able to do ok.
Old 06-30-2004 | 06:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Food for thought

1) The Fed is going to be raising interest rates at least few times withing the next 3-5 months.
2) Any car will depreciate as soon a new model year comes out

Like the '02 vs '03 TL-S where there were minimal changes (On-Star) , I think there will be little diff between the '04 vs '05 TL.

Not sure how much better a deal you can get than $200 over invoice and 2.9% financing than I got 3 months or so ago.

This time of year, If it is a purchase get an '04, if it is a lease get an '05
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:23 AM
10th Gear

I think its better to wait also

I was going to buy an 04 this month but with all the little issues and problems I have read on the forum, I also think its in my best interest to wait. The 05 will fix a majority of these issues plus it may have some added features that the 04 doesn't have.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ed99

I talked to my salesrep and he said the 2005 TL will come out sometime btw Sept/Oct. Goodluck in finding a good deal for the Navi as they are out selling the non-navi by a huge margin. You can pretty much walk into any Acura and purchase a non-navi and have it delivered to you right away. However, the Navi is on a waiting list for at least a week or two. I would just wait for the 05 model as it should be better in terms of correcting some faults in the guinee pig year. Hell for saving the extra grand or two, I would rather have a quieter less rattling/better treads/a few minor cosmetic changes for the same price of the 2004 instead of living with those problems just to save a few more thousands.

What do you guys all think about that???
I waited 2 1/2 months for my non navigation model and received it 2 weeks ago. Every dealer that I have checked with has a limited selection of TL's period and they usually have at least one car with navigation. So your thought might just be relative your geographic location.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:47 AM
Racer

BTW, everyone here keeps thinking the 05 will be loaded with all kinds of extra features. Acura seems to be having no trouble what so ever selling the car so why would they add all these extra features. That only costs them more money to build the car dwindling their profit margin. The only thing I think they will do is correct minor issues. If you can wait for the 05's to come out, then order the particular color/model etc, which will take an additional 2 months, you got more patience than I did to get your hands this car.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Not so sure what these many problems everyone is talking about, the only one problem I have is with the Tires
Old 06-30-2004 | 08:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ensley696
BTW, everyone here keeps thinking the 05 will be loaded with all kinds of extra features. Acura seems to be having no trouble what so ever selling the car so why would they add all these extra features. That only costs them more money to build the car dwindling their profit margin. The only thing I think they will do is correct minor issues. If you can wait for the 05's to come out, then order the particular color/model etc, which will take an additional 2 months, you got more patience than I did to get your hands this car.

Here comes the speculation.... I do not work for Acura, but I cannot imagine a year passing with no changes.

I bet if nothing else, we will see a tire pressure monitor and maybe the traffic integration into the navi sytstem. 99-2000 had big changes, like DVD navi, 4 air bags and 5AT.
Old 06-30-2004 | 08:09 AM
Instructor

With the traffic integration for the NAVI system, wouldn't that require some sort
of subscription to a sevice such as ON Star?
Old 06-30-2004 | 08:58 AM
Advanced

A few things to keep in mind here:

1. In most parts of the country, supply and demand are pretty well balanced so near-invoice pricing is tough to get, period. Non-navi models seem to be better deals because they're sitting on lots (relatively) while navis are selling as fast as they can be built.

2. Acura has a tradition of shutting down their factories for several weeks to retool the lines for the next model year. This benefits the dealers because it gives them time to clear out '04 inventory before the '05's comes in...so they don't have to slash prices a la most domestic makes.

3. Depreciation on '04 vs. '05 is a minimal factor because of the limited changes. I held out for a lower price (picked mine up yesterday!) because I'll take the same depreciation hit in 90 days or so that the guys who bought in October '03 will. It's worth a few hundred bucks off, but these cars are still hot enough that the dealer is just as likely to tell you where to stick your depreciation.
Old 06-30-2004 | 04:20 PM
Instructor

I thought about waiting too, but, I don't plan to sell the '04 for at least 6 years - maybe more. One year doesn't make that much difference that far down the road. Also, who says the '05 will be the same price? Betcha they're higher. My '04 which we picked up yesterday is absolutely perfect cosmetically and mechanically - no vibrations at 1500 rpms, not sagging this or that, tires are great - did some higher speed turns today and they grip just fine - and no rattles (I know, just wait, pessimists)......so, why not begin enjoying the car while the weather is good? Besides, my retired wife and I wanna travel to the great southwest this fall - what better way to go than in an '04 TL !!