3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Type S feedback owners post

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just realised how cool the one touch start is!!! (I know it is not a push button but it does exactly the same thing) Thing is you dont realise it can do it if you start the car like you used to, ie holding the key until the engine fires,now I just hit the key once,let go and it keeps cranking until it fires....cool!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by simont53
I just realised how cool the one touch start is!!! (I know it is not a push button but it does exactly the same thing) Thing is you dont realise it can do it if you start the car like you used to, ie holding the key until the engine fires,now I just hit the key once,let go and it keeps cranking until it fires....cool!
Yeah I love that feature also. Unlike on my 06 when i would be like after I tried to start the car on and it wouldn't because of the ULEV.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ACTROS
Guys with 07 type S I have a request, could you do me a favor, can you take a pic of the engine room sans the plastic and while you are at it specify what battery Acura now uses. Futhermore if anyone local to me is interested, I have a black Injen CAI laying on the shelf, I'd be interested to see if it fits the 3.5L. Thanks in advance!

Its a 24F battery. I got my AEM CAI in yesterday and it fit just fine. It is awesome. Now my problem is traction! I will take pics and post em today after I get it all cleaned up.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Uhhh. guys. I dont know about you, but really... bang for your buck. 38k for a TL-S, isnt that much more efficient than 48k for a 335i that includes better handling, rwd, m3-like speed... both with nav, bluetooth, comfort access, ipod hookup, mp3 cd playability... I love the TL, and what it stands for. But the thought of paying 38k for a FWD sedan with less than 300hp makes me question the bang for your buck argument. A G35 is cheaper with every amentity and is more performance oriented to boot.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
Its a 24F battery. I got my AEM CAI in yesterday and it fit just fine. It is awesome. Now my problem is traction! I will take pics and post em today after I get it all cleaned up.

Is it the same CAI as the non Type S from 06??
Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger
Uhhh. guys. I dont know about you, but really... bang for your buck. 38k for a TL-S, isnt that much more efficient than 48k for a 335i that includes better handling, rwd, m3-like speed... both with nav, bluetooth, comfort access, ipod hookup, mp3 cd playability... I love the TL, and what it stands for. But the thought of paying 38k for a FWD sedan with less than 300hp makes me question the bang for your buck argument. A G35 is cheaper with every amentity and is more performance oriented to boot.
too each his own but tl takes it in the style points over the g35
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Reread your statement. According to you a 10k difference is not value to you? Moreover, a similarly "equipped" G35 to the TL-S costs just as much i.e. if you wanted a manual G35 sport. Go to Infinit's website and configure a G35 sport with all the standard features on the TL-S and you will soon find that prices are similar.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Reread your statement. According to you a 10k difference is not value to you? Moreover, a similarly "equipped" G35 to the TL-S costs just as much i.e. if you wanted a manual G35 sport. Go to Infinit's website and configure a G35 sport with all the standard features on the TL-S and you will soon find that prices are similar.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Racer

Once again , read the title of this thread and try to keep on topic , if you dont own a 07 tl type S you cant objectivly give feedback in this thread, if you want to start a thread that compares more expensive vehicles then do so.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
The 335 and g35 are constructed to go head to head. The TL is the alternative. Performance levels will be similair. Handling goes to the rwd counterparts, but the TL has more to offer in size, comfort, ride quality, and if applies, all-season drivability. They are all good values, even the BMW after you factor free maintanence. It comes down to what you are looking for.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro

Is it the same CAI as the non Type S from 06??

yes
Old 11-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Racer

yes
how much of a diff did the cai do to the car?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro

night and day, cant keep traction through second gear now, its amazing
Old 11-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Racer

night and day, cant keep traction through second gear now, its amazing
going to the dyno to see what a stock tl-s does. I'll keep you posted
Maybe tonight I have the #'s if the dyno is not packed
Old 11-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kobi2002
going to the dyno to see what a stock tl-s does. I'll keep you posted
Maybe tonight I have the #'s if the dyno is not packed

I saw some guy had posted he got 4.5 0-60 in an auto !!! and 13.7 in the 1/4, he also said he complained to acura as it was too fast!!! WTF I think he meant 5.4 !!

Here is the post:

http://autos.yahoo.com/acura_tl-revi...l&trimid=20765

Also said he was getting 297hp at 5300 rpm.??????
Old 11-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Racer

yes

may have to do that but in Red

as I am now loving the red interior lights, I got in my 05 last night and it seemed cold, I never really noticed that most of the lights are green not white in the 05.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Advanced

Im trading in my 2005 tl auto with nav for 2007 tl-s, I was wondering in my 2005 tl I have k&n filter, will that fit in 2007 TL-s? please reply back thanks. Picking up my tls on Tuesday!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Advanced

Sorry but I forgot, will my k&n air filter give me a few extra little hp, I believe it will probably give me 3-5 hps more, is that true? Thanks
Old 11-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
this thread should be restarted because i came to read feedback about the types and now i suddenly feel like buying a BMW. Was that the point of this thread i hope not cause Acura would be pretty upset.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Advanced

I agree with you!!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by nore03
this thread should be restarted because i came to read feedback about the types and now i suddenly feel like buying a BMW. Was that the point of this thread i hope not cause Acura would be pretty upset.

I have tried but some people just dont get it
Old 11-04-2006, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear

You don't buy a German for reliability

Originally Posted by drtoth
Oh and you don't buy a german for reliability, I'm sorry to say. I'm not buying the 335i for reliability,

me waiting 6 month gets me a much quicker/prestigious car that will be tuner-friendly.

I had my bill of sale on my TL-S too, look at the other post where it's there and linked.

Greetings all,

I have read this forum for quite some time, and the objective comments here was actually the reason I bought my '03 TL-S. However, after reading drtoth's comments I just had to respond. Sorry if it's off topic.

Dear drtoth,

After reading your comments, it appears that you have never worked to EARN a living and never had to provide for yourself, or must have been born into money. The majority of people who buy automobiles are concerned with liability, regardless of origin, no matter what the price point.

The price point/reliability aspect is what allowed Lexus and Acura to eat you're cherished BMW's lunch when they were first launched. Individuals like you belived that no japanese car could be prestigious enough to be bought by BMW and Mercedes owners. Guess what, there were a lot of doctors, lawyers, and business owners who undestood the value of a dollar after investing many years and lot of money into their business. They were glad to see the reliability that the japanese brought into the luxury car market. Many of them had owned Camry's, Corrolla's, CVCC's, and Accords on their way to success.

Current history indcates that the lack of reliability in GERMAN automobiles has driven down resale values (ne VW, Mercedes, and 5 series BMWs) and drove customers away from them. Do a conquest comparison since the Japanses brought out luxury cars, and there a lot more people who switched AWAY from your beloved German cars.

People who buy cars only because they are prestigious are typcially people who have self inflated egos, have adequacy issues (the VW commerical is an excellent example of this), have been born into large sums of money, or don't realize that cars are not an asset but truly and expense. (See all of hollyweird)

While you may not care about it I would imagine the the majority of car buyers do some sort of price/prestige/value/performance evaluation before buying or leasing any car.

Good day.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:47 PM
8th Gear

just went to the new england auto show today and here are some of my observations... I just do not like the whole type S set up.. I am a huge supporter of acura and own a 05 nbp TL. I just think the 04-06 regular models are more appealing to the eye then the new type s. Everything from the gauges to the rear exaust to the tail lights to the wheels( especially the wheels) are not as classy.

Acura seems to really trying to almost pimp this car out if u will ... and yes i know thats the idea behind the type S but i just feel like they have gone about it in the wrong way here... I went into this day with an open mind... 1st time i have seen it in person and almost disliked it more, than when i have seen it in pics..

Couple things I did like, I really liked the blinkers or directionals as we massholes call it on the side mirrors. Also the front grill is a lil nicer in my opinion as well.. other than that i would honestly take a regular TL with the A-Spec package.. there was one of these at the show as well and the number of people around it was amazing compared to the TypeS... the type S did draw the basic (Thugs) around, but the business man could be seen at the A-Spec TL.. basically the type S just doesnt have that clean look as compared to an aspec

In my opinion Acura needs to step its game up when it redesignes in 09.. as after seeing the 335 in person, I am absolutely blown away.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank you but I meant the battery specs/manufacturer and the engine bay without all the plastic, I'm glad that the CAI fits, it's awesome, enjoy, I wonder what the dyno will show! Hopefully you guys can benefit from more mods of 04-06
Old 11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
8th Gear

Wrong Numbers?

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
I'm sorry, the new TL-S is quick, but a 335 will beat the Type S in a race.

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroa...ecs-page2.html
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...-tl-page3.html

Its a regular TL, but I haven't found a complete write up of the TL-S yet. One second is a big difference though in the quarter mile.

Sorry, McLaren3387, but this is really old info. from what I can tell - it's on the 2004 TL I believe. No official numbers are out for the 2007 Type-S to my knowledge, but it sure sounds like from the 3 owners in here that it's breath-taking.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM
10th Gear

This is a TLS owners discussion.....and I see there are a lot of comparisons to BMW, most by people that don't even own a TLS. I test drove a 3 series just prior to buying my TLS. It is not the right comparison. The TLS is much larger. And if you spent 38k on a 3 series it would not be as well equipped. But it is a very nice car, and I would have bought it if it wasn't for my horrible experiences with German (Audi) repairs over the past 10 years. What conviced me to finally turn away from German cars was when my mechanic said to expect to spend $2000/yr on maintenance (my A6 was only 6 years old). I'd only buy German again if I leased. Otherwise, I am happy with my TLS and do not think it is "pimped out" like someone else said. The wheels, for example, are only 17 inch and are darkened, so they don't stand out. The exhast pipes are flush with the bumper. The spoiler is very slight. Edgy & "sinister", yes. Pimped out....not.
Love the ride. Love the technology. Love the reliability. Paying $5-6 grand more for a TLS over a 2006 TL seems worth it to me. I wish Acura kept the Anthracite color for the 07 TLS's though.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vroom5
This is a TLS owners discussion.....and I see there are a lot of comparisons to BMW, most by people that don't even own a TLS. I test drove a 3 series just prior to buying my TLS. It is not the right comparison. The TLS is much larger. And if you spent 38k on a 3 series it would not be as well equipped. But it is a very nice car, and I would have bought it if it wasn't for my horrible experiences with German (Audi) repairs over the past 10 years. What conviced me to finally turn away from German cars was when my mechanic said to expect to spend $2000/yr on maintenance (my A6 was only 6 years old). I'd only buy German again if I leased. Otherwise, I am happy with my TLS and do not think it is "pimped out" like someone else said. The wheels, for example, are only 17 inch and are darkened, so they don't stand out. The exhast pipes are flush with the bumper. The spoiler is very slight. Edgy & "sinister", yes. Pimped out....not.
Love the ride. Love the technology. Love the reliability. Paying $5-6 grand more for a TLS over a 2006 TL seems worth it to me. I wish Acura kept the Anthracite color for the 07 TLS's though.
I fully agree with your comment and, as the starter of this thread have been frustrated by the BS comparisons that have been thrown out there, if one thing is becoming apparent is that the people that purchased the TL-S did so with very little consideration to cost or value....we all just loved the car (and, I would guess could have purchased any of the comparisons,so price has little to do with the equation)
I am enjoying my Type S more everyday and even though this is the first time I have ever purchased the same make/model twice the type S is like a different car in all aspects (remember, I still own a 05 A-spec)
Anyway, I digresss, this is a forum to discuss the type S by owners and I wish the non owners would recognise this and start there own comparison threads if they so feel the need to critisize the car they dont own (or have even driven for more than 5 minutes)

Maybe we should start a Type-S 07 owners forum!!

Ps I am having a hard time finding anything to mod/improve on this car!!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Racer

I fully agree with your comment and, as the starter of this thread have been frustrated by the BS comparisons that have been thrown out there, if one thing is becoming apparent is that the people that purchased the TL-S did so with very little consideration to cost or value....we all just loved the car (and, I would guess could have purchased any of the comparisons,so price has little to do with the equation)
I am enjoying my Type S more everyday and even though this is the first time I have ever purchased the same make/model twice the type S is like a different car in all aspects (remember, I still own a 05 A-spec)
Anyway, I digresss, this is a forum to discuss the type S by owners and I wish the non owners would recognise this and start there own comparison threads if they so feel the need to critisize the car they dont own (or have even driven for more than 5 minutes)

Maybe we should start a Type-S 07 owners forum!!

Ps I am having a hard time finding anything to mod/improve on this car!!
I will be working on some mods next week, keep you posted
Old 11-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ACTROS
Thank you but I meant the battery specs/manufacturer and the engine bay without all the plastic, I'm glad that the CAI fits, it's awesome, enjoy, I wonder what the dyno will show! Hopefully you guys can benefit from more mods of 04-06
Its a honda battery bro, group size 24F, I am sure if there is some weird reason you need more info than that you can google the info I gave you to get a complete breakdown on the battery. Here is a pic I happen to have of the engine:

Old 11-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Pro

I will be working on some mods next week, keep you posted

Please share!! I mean really I have done a good bit so far. I have the CAI on, the red top, and the TEIN SS with EDFC will be here this week, I have the tvnav2go dvd converter too. I have to call UR tomorrow when their tech guys get back from SEMA and see if thbey can work on getting me a crank underdrive pulley. The guys at outlaw racing are working on getting the right thermoblock spacers too. I am thinking about getting my intake manifold extrude honed.

If there are any other ideas suggestions please share em.

Tony.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Racer

Please share!! I mean really I have done a good bit so far. I have the CAI on, the red top, and the TEIN SS with EDFC will be here this week, I have the tvnav2go dvd converter too. I have to call UR tomorrow when their tech guys get back from SEMA and see if thbey can work on getting me a crank underdrive pulley. The guys at outlaw racing are working on getting the right thermoblock spacers too. I am thinking about getting my intake manifold extrude honed.

If there are any other ideas suggestions please share em.

Tony.
no prob
Old 11-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I don't have a TL-S (I have an '04 manual and my wife's '05 automatic). I would just like to say that I completely agree with vroom5 and simont53 about where this thread has gone.

Perhaps a forum can be established under the "AcuraZine TL Community" group heading called "3GL TL-S Owner's Forum" or something like that. I hate to see the crap and the name calling develop on these forums.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I saw some guy had posted he got 4.5 0-60 in an auto !!! and 13.7 in the 1/4, he also said he complained to acura as it was too fast!!! WTF I think he meant 5.4 !!

Here is the post:

http://autos.yahoo.com/acura_tl-revi...l&trimid=20765

Also said he was getting 297hp at 5300 rpm.??????
Read his whole post. 0-60 in 4.5 secs, while running the 1/4 mile in 13.78 secs @ 98.9 mph?

No way is that a reliable source. I would love to see a dyno of the new TL-S though.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by levon1830
Read his whole post. 0-60 in 4.5 secs, while running the 1/4 mile in 13.78 secs @ 98.9 mph?

No way is that a reliable source. I would love to see a dyno of the new TL-S though.

I know that is pretty funny,especially complaining to Acura!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Pro

no prob

huh?? no prob what? Whatcha gonna do to your S?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

i think the tl-s key is pretty dope.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Racer

huh?? no prob what? Whatcha gonna do to your S?
I dynoed the car and right now trying to figure out how and where to get a reflash for the ecu. i meant no prob I will let you know when i get moddis done.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I dynoed the car and right now trying to figure out how and where to get a reflash for the ecu. i meant no prob I will let you know when i get moddis done.
Dyno results please!!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by levon1830
Dyno results please!!
ummm scroll up???????????
Old 11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Pro

he posted another thread on it, I think it was 239whp

Quick Reply: 07 Type S feedback owners post