Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by U8INIT
Someone with an 07 please.....if your not be over it thx

it says Acura
Old 10-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes it does say acura. I havent figured out a way to disable the DRL's. I was thinking about just pulling the fuse for it but I dont know if that will set off a warning.... I will keep you guys posted, I dont like em either. They look kinda cheap being halogen and all. I geuss I just prefer to ride with nothing on at all or the parking lights during the day.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:51 PM
B-Series For Life.

Why not just take the lightbulb out of the socket?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Pro

You would be able to see it would be missing if you looked at the headlight housing..
Old 10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
B-Series For Life.

It wouldn't be that noticeable once you put the socket back in. I'm sure there's a way to disable them like a fuse or pulling a connection out, we just have to figure it out.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
yes it does say acura. I havent figured out a way to disable the DRL's. I was thinking about just pulling the fuse for it but I dont know if that will set off a warning.... I will keep you guys posted, I dont like em either. They look kinda cheap being halogen and all. I geuss I just prefer to ride with nothing on at all or the parking lights during the day.

Yes it will show a warning on the dash
Old 10-27-2006, 03:38 PM
B A N N E D

All you have to do is pull the DRL fuse that's inside the engine bay. The DRL light will be lit when your headlight is off. Once you turn on your headlight, the DRL lilght will be off.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Can't wait to see the pics of your TL-S with Inspyres! Congrats bro! I got my 18" chrome inspyres in today..just waiting on the car now! 30-45 days.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Ev an' Tec

Originally Posted by rcz22
not sure if this has been covered but is there a way to turn off the DRL's?
Meanwhile on other threads, some of us with 04-06 TLs are trying to figure out how to put DRLs into our TLs. It almost made me wait for the 07s.

Too bad someone at the Acura dealers can't set up some exchange where 07 owners who don't want 'em can drop em off and 04-06 owners can pick em up. (I bet there could be an exchange for taillights and mirrors too!)

More seriously, maybe if it's not too difficult an install, Honda/Acura will offer it as an upgrade for older cars. Quite awhile back, GM had a $100 kit to add DRLs to cars which didn't have them. I don't know if Acura ever does things like that, or if they just want to push the newer cars.

- - -

Getting back to the main point of this thread - the 07's...

- Does the 07 TL or TL-S add color floor-lighting?

- The suspension of an 07 TL-S is supposed to be firmer than an 04-06 TL. Does anyone know if the standard 07 TL (not TL-S) is now softer? That could push people away from it.

- The literature said that the 07 was a bit wider than before. Did that include the mirrors, or is there a wider spoiler?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by evantec
Meanwhile on other threads, some of us with 04-06 TLs are trying to figure out how to put DRLs into our TLs. It almost made me wait for the 07s.
That is kind of ironic. What do you guys want the DRL's for? I geuss I odnt have an issue with them being on, I have an issue with the cheap look. To me, on one hand I have almost a 40k car with hid's and then the drl's come on with their pee yellow color. I just dont like it. I threw some silverstar's in there but for some reason they didnt light up like silverstars should, I am thinking because they are not designed to be bright that the silverstars couildnt reach their full potential. Same with the fog lights, I like em but I dont like their color. I bought bulbs for those too which the manual says they are hb4, I took em out and they are actually h8...

Originally Posted by evantec
- Does the 07 TL or TL-S add color floor-lighting?

- The suspension of an 07 TL-S is supposed to be firmer than an 04-06 TL. Does anyone know if the standard 07 TL (not TL-S) is now softer? That could push people away from it.

- The literature said that the 07 was a bit wider than before. Did that include the mirrors, or is there a wider spoiler?
The TL-S has red floor lighting in the front two footwells and also two lights that shine down on the shifter/e-brake area. Funny cause the first night I drove it I kept touching the shifter base ring trying to figure out where the red light was coming from (it is very conservative, not bright at all, very very nice though. Finally I figured out there were two small ?projectors? for the red lighting by the homelink stuff. I dont knlow about the other stuff cause I havent compared it side by side but I am going to the DC meet tomorrow so I will find out than.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Instructor

I picked mine up on teusday. I tinted the windows so far, ordered the all weather mats (I am in the army so they will be needed), ordered the carbon fiberfront and rear console trim (should be here tomorrrow) and just got my 19" inspyre's put on yesterday. I will post pics with rims later after I get it cleaned up.

Where are the pics? I'm dying to see the car with the Inspyres!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro

Man, I am sorry. I have been kinda busy with my fam this weekend. I will go out a snap a night pic....
Old 10-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Pro

Well the pics suck and I promise I will have some better pics up after the meet tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Kang Ho

Awesome picture man. How do you like the car so far?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
DRLs? srry please elaborate
Old 10-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Instructor

mmm...that looks tasty! Snap a few day pics tomorrow! Looks SICK!
Congrats!
How does the car ride with the 19's compared to the stock 17's?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by SupaRookie
Awesome picture man. How do you like the car so far?
I love the car. I really cant think of a lot of things I want to do to it cause it comes so nice from the factory. My plans for now are to get the AEM CAI, Outlaw engineering intake gaskets, and UR pulley (once these are verified they will fit the 3.5 that is), get an alarm, add some subs, and throw on the tein SS coilovers with EDFC. I cut the mid muffler out already too and it sounds SO sick.

Originally Posted by tlzx9
mmm...that looks tasty! Snap a few day pics tomorrow! Looks SICK!
Congrats!
How does the car ride with the 19's compared to the stock 17's?
Only difference I notice with the 19's over the 17's is that you get a little more road noise at lower speeds. Other than that it doesnt track differnt or anything so overall I am very pleased. Another thing I like about the rj's is that they are nice and light so that's good. I am about to get it all pretty for the meet, I will post some more pics in my own thread as soon as I am done.

Tony.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Racer

[QUOTE=TLFourplay]I love the car. I really cant think of a lot of things I want to do to it cause it comes so nice from the factory. My plans for now are to get the AEM CAI, Outlaw engineering intake gaskets, and UR pulley (once these are verified they will fit the 3.5 that is), get an alarm, add some subs, and throw on the tein SS coilovers with EDFC. I cut the mid muffler out already too and it sounds SO sick.

Holy crap thats quite a lot to me!!!

Anyway how are liking your car ?

I have finally got to the point when I can really floor mine the accaleration is impressive compared to my 05 A psec, I do have my dealer checking with Acura as I prefer the handling with my A-Spec to see exactly what the spring rate/height as it seems to sit at exactly the same height as the non Type, my Aspec is exactly 1.5"lower on the front and.75" on the back.
The only thing I wish they had changed is a smaller steering wheel with a thicker rim (more like the G35) otherwise this car makes me grin A LOT!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Pro

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147006

Keep us/me informed of what you find ANYTHING Type-S.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I love my 2004 A-spec Tl .. do I wish I had a 335i? Sure, ... but I also wish I had a yacht, and a beachhouse on some warm tropical island... quit yer penis envy guys.. enjoy what you have. What a waste of time debating two totally different cars
Old 10-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
BTW . i loved my modded TL-S (2002 .. comptech all around, except for the s/c)... man was that fun..
Old 10-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I love my 2004 A-spec Tl .. do I wish I had a 335i? Sure, ... but I also wish I had a yacht, and a beachhouse on some warm tropical island... quit yer penis envy guys.. enjoy what you have. What a waste of time debating two totally different cars

My thoughts exactly!!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Question about 07 TL-S

Hello all, just purchased an 07 TL-S Friday and had a quick question for the other 07 TL-S owners. Are the lights under the dash that illuminate the gas pedal area the same brightness as the lights that illuminate that passenger side foot area? I noticed last night on mine that the driver side lights were brighter than the passenger side. Any help would be apprieciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 07 TL-S
Hello all, just purchased an 07 TL-S Friday and had a quick question for the other 07 TL-S owners. Are the lights under the dash that illuminate the gas pedal area the same brightness as the lights that illuminate that passenger side foot area? I noticed last night on mine that the driver side lights were brighter than the passenger side. Any help would be apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

They are the same it just appears that way
Old 10-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro

They are the same brightness. I know what you are talking about though. Try this: Put something in the footwell, a backpack, a box, or maybe some else's feet adn you will notice it is the same brightness.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by simont53
They are the same it just appears that way
They are the same brightness. I know what you are talking about though. Try this: Put something in the footwell, a backpack, a box, or maybe some else's feet adn you will notice it is the same brightness.
Thanks for the help guys, I tried what u said TLFourplay and did notice it was the same brightness. I guess it was just brighter on the driver side because the light was shining directly onto my legs and shoes and they were much closer to the light.

I traded in my SSM 06 TL/Navi that I bought in December 2005 and all I can say about the TL-S is WOW this car is fun to drive!!!! I've had my SSM TL-S for 3 days now and I love it. I can't wait till I get past the break in period so I can jump on the gas a little harder, although i did "drive it like i stole it" on the test drive with another Type S the dealer had on the lot.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:51 AM
2007 WDP AT Type-S

. I can't wait till I get past the break in period so I can jump on the gas a little harder, although i did "drive it like i stole it" on the test drive with another Type S the dealer had on the lot.
wat do u mean by the break in period ??
Old 10-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by soon07TL
wat do u mean by the break in period ??

Owners manual says for the first 600 miles avoid full throttle acceleration and high rpms, also avoid hard braking
Old 10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys with 07 type S I have a request, could you do me a favor, can you take a pic of the engine room sans the plastic and while you are at it specify what battery Acura now uses. Futhermore if anyone local to me is interested, I have a black Injen CAI laying on the shelf, I'd be interested to see if it fits the 3.5L. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Racer

Owners manual says for the first 600 miles avoid full throttle acceleration and high rpms, also avoid hard braking
Are you flooring it now? Still lovin the car? The only problem I found so far is the my pass seat squeaks every now and then with someone sitting in it. My dealer will take a look at it this week, but other than that no other problems and I love the fact I bought this car.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by kobi2002
Are you flooring it now? Still lovin the car? The only problem I found so far is the my pass seat squeaks every now and then with someone sitting in it. My dealer will take a look at it this week, but other than that no other problems and I love the fact I bought this car.

I have just hit 600 miles and will admit to the occasional indescretion with the throttle

I have a badd strut on the rear they are replacing it today, otherwise I love every minute I am in my car,
Old 10-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Picked up my CBP/Taupe Ebony Type S last week. Really like it....traded in my 2006. I feel like it was completely worth it. This car feels very different, in a good way. Ride, acceleration, real time traffic, upgraded - bluetooth, Navi, seats, etc.

Only issue is the Navi. Apparently there is a bug in either the software or DVD disc. Shows names of all trailer or mobile home parks in the area, almost as if they are being read as city names. The same issue exists on the 07 MDX. Acura is looking to provide a fix and should have one to dealers shortly. Sort of funny actually.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Instructor

I have just hit 600 miles and will admit to the occasional indescretion with the throttle

I have a badd strut on the rear they are replacing it today, otherwise I love every minute I am in my car,
Did your car make a clunking noise in the rear passenger side??? I test drove a 6 spd silver Tl Type S yesterday, and every bump I went over, it made a terrible sound......What did they say about this? Is this a problem with all Type S's? Wow..that would definitely explain the noise.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kobi2002
Yes I am still loving the car, I have about 200 more miles till the 600 mile mark, but today I gave it a little more gas than than the past 4 days, I just can't resist the extra power that the car has to offer . Also I am deciding what % tint to get on my windows, I had 15% on my last TL and it seemed kinda light, may opt for 5% all the way around.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Yes I am still loving the car, I have about 200 more miles till the 600 mile mark, but today I gave it a little more gas than than the past 4 days, I just can't resist the extra power that the car has to offer . Also I am deciding what % tint to get on my windows, I had 15% on my last TL and it seemed kinda light, may opt for 5% all the way around.
I was thinking the same thing bro about the window tint. I have 15% all around on my TSX, and it is dark, but still lighter than I would like. Would 5% all around be TOO DARK though? Will it be hard to see through at night and attract WAY too much attention from cops? What is everyone's thoughts? Help me out, because this is a tough decision.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
10th Gear

2007 TLS Review

Here's my review of the TLS, after buying it last week and driving it for a few days.....Overall, its a kick to drive, but have several suggestions for improvement on some smaller details.
First, the driving experience:
Handles very well. Feels very substantial....a bit heavy but solid. I'd challenge the RWD purists to take it on a test drive. I only really feel the FWD pull on sudden acceleration from very low speeds. Engine is powerful. Cabin is quiet. Transission holds you back a bit...seems geared for a sport mode. I think my gas consumption is the same as my 98 Audi A6. I was hoping for better, as the Audi was AWD, but Acura is going for performance with the TLS, not fuel economy.
Second, some design opinions:
I really like the rims. But I think Acura should have offered 18 inch rims in the same style for a reasonably price option. I think the designers did a great job with almost all the other minor cosmetic changes. The smoked chrome looks great and blends with the rims, grill mesh, and everything else. Even the quad exhaust is darkened chrome. It, along with the wheels, gives a more understated appearance and lets you appreciate the sharp design of the car itself. I bought the silver/black two tone interior and think it looks much better than the Taupe. Again, it blends with the rest of the interior. The seats are one of the best things I like. They are firm, yet the leather is soft. They are better bolstered (slightly) than in the TL. And the stitching is sportier. I think the paddle shifters are cheap. They are flimsy plastic, not aluminum like in the BMW's.
Third, a few comments that probably also apply to the 07 TL:
I love the voice command capability. Using the bluetooth phone works great this way. I use the voice command for nav functions, audio changes, and climate changes....all without taking my hands off the wheels. The rear back up camera is a great enhancement over 06, not gimmicky. The big design flaw in my mind is the bulky mirrors. They look like they have bumps, or warts on them due to integrating blinkers (who cares about having blinkers in the mirrors?). I'd rather have sleeker, smaller, balanced looking mirrors. The XM radio is crap. No service at my house or my parking garage at work. The XM radio happened to play a song that I also had on my attached Ipod, so I could quickly compare. The Ipod sound quality was vastly superior, I think due to the new Dolby Pro Logic built into the 07's. Except for the radio, the audio is just fantastic. Acura should improve the MP3 interface by allowing you to turn on/off, shuffle songs, and view song titles and album art on the nav screen. Currently the only controls you have is volume and equalizer. Carpeting is OK, but of lower quality (not as dense as Audi). I wish the car had split seats and the BMW smart key start. The one touch start is nice, but it would be great to push a button while keeping the key in your pocket. I'm glad they at least went to a switchblade key, but its slightly bulkier than those from VW/Audi. Finally, I am a bit disappointed in the interior dash. Coming from an Audi, where the fit, finish, and design was first rate, the Acura dash, particularily to the right of the nav screeen, looks clumsy and a bit cheap. My wife thought the metal trim was plastic. Brushed aluminum would be better, or real wood. Acura needs to take a lesson from Audi and Lexus on interior design.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Instructor

I was thinking the same thing bro about the window tint. I have 15% all around on my TSX, and it is dark, but still lighter than I would like. Would 5% all around be TOO DARK though? Will it be hard to see through at night and attract WAY too much attention from cops? What is everyone's thoughts? Help me out, because this is a tough decision.
Well I had 5% on a previous car and I got stopped once and they checked it with a tint meter and it was only 2 1/2 % visibility due to the factory window having a little bit of tint in the glass. I didn't get a ticket though, because I work in Law Enforcement, but I can say that at night it is very difficult to see, if you're at an intersection and you look out of the side windows, all you will see is headlights, which makes if very dangerous if someone doesn't have their headlights on, but in the day time and being that I live in Florida I love having the dark tint. As far as getting extra attention from the cops, it all depends on where you live and how the cops are, usually the smaller city agencies that do not deal with a lot of crime will focus more on little infractions such as window tint because they have the time to do those things, the bigger cities and counties that tend to busier with crimes won't look at the little stuff (unless of course they are bored one night and have nothing to do).
Old 10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Welcome, nice review thanks. Your A6 cost what and where did you say it is now?
I agree with you but for the differences we both made our choices.

Originally Posted by vroom5
Here's my review of the TLS, after buying it last week and driving it for a few days.....Overall, its a kick to drive, but have several suggestions for improvement on some smaller details.
First, the driving experience:
Handles very well. Feels very substantial....a bit heavy but solid. I'd challenge the RWD purists to take it on a test drive. I only really feel the FWD pull on sudden acceleration from very low speeds. Engine is powerful. Cabin is quiet. Transission holds you back a bit...seems geared for a sport mode. I think my gas consumption is the same as my 98 Audi A6. I was hoping for better, as the Audi was AWD, but Acura is going for performance with the TLS, not fuel economy.
Second, some design opinions:
I really like the rims. But I think Acura should have offered 18 inch rims in the same style for a reasonably price option. I think the designers did a great job with almost all the other minor cosmetic changes. The smoked chrome looks great and blends with the rims, grill mesh, and everything else. Even the quad exhaust is darkened chrome. It, along with the wheels, gives a more understated appearance and lets you appreciate the sharp design of the car itself. I bought the silver/black two tone interior and think it looks much better than the Taupe. Again, it blends with the rest of the interior. The seats are one of the best things I like. They are firm, yet the leather is soft. They are better bolstered (slightly) than in the TL. And the stitching is sportier. I think the paddle shifters are cheap. They are flimsy plastic, not aluminum like in the BMW's.
Third, a few comments that probably also apply to the 07 TL:
I love the voice command capability. Using the bluetooth phone works great this way. I use the voice command for nav functions, audio changes, and climate changes....all without taking my hands off the wheels. The rear back up camera is a great enhancement over 06, not gimmicky. The big design flaw in my mind is the bulky mirrors. They look like they have bumps, or warts on them due to integrating blinkers (who cares about having blinkers in the mirrors?). I'd rather have sleeker, smaller, balanced looking mirrors. The XM radio is crap. No service at my house or my parking garage at work. The XM radio happened to play a song that I also had on my attached Ipod, so I could quickly compare. The Ipod sound quality was vastly superior, I think due to the new Dolby Pro Logic built into the 07's. Except for the radio, the audio is just fantastic. Acura should improve the MP3 interface by allowing you to turn on/off, shuffle songs, and view song titles and album art on the nav screen. Currently the only controls you have is volume and equalizer. Carpeting is OK, but of lower quality (not as dense as Audi). I wish the car had split seats and the BMW smart key start. The one touch start is nice, but it would be great to push a button while keeping the key in your pocket. I'm glad they at least went to a switchblade key, but its slightly bulkier than those from VW/Audi. Finally, I am a bit disappointed in the interior dash. Coming from an Audi, where the fit, finish, and design was first rate, the Acura dash, particularily to the right of the nav screeen, looks clumsy and a bit cheap. My wife thought the metal trim was plastic. Brushed aluminum would be better, or real wood. Acura needs to take a lesson from Audi and Lexus on interior design.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Racer

Did your car make a clunking noise in the rear passenger side??? I test drove a 6 spd silver Tl Type S yesterday, and every bump I went over, it made a terrible sound......What did they say about this? Is this a problem with all Type S's? Wow..that would definitely explain the noise.

Yes they have replaced the drivers side strut picking it up today will let you know,they told me it happened in transit when the car was tied down....well see

Quick Reply: 07 Type S feedback owners post