Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i live in orlando also..that sucks....too many young imature kids living by ucf
Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Ya, OP was talking about that area. OP, UCF is a good school. Im trying to gear up for FSU or UF. I'm a huge seminole fan! I'm not familiar with the area you guys are talking about. The areas i really hate are the Pine Hills area, Rosemont, and downtown. Especially parramore (sp). But i do like the new Amway center. Ohhh and i love the new walmart on John Young! I have family that lives there and I'm familiar with those areas.

EDIT: BTW OP glad your gettin the car repainted. Still sucks you have to go through that though. People really do suck sometimes.
UCF and UF are great schools! I'm a bit impartial to FSU and the seminoles

Any college town is going to have a bunch of rowdy kids that do crazy things once alcohol enters their systems. The best thing to do is try your best to keep your stuff safe.

Originally Posted by lilsid112
I was singled out for some odd reason, the half smile on the hood in the final picture is what really bothers me. I spent about 30 min in the office trying to break my lease.
If you were singled out then I suggest you think about the night prior and think about any parties that were going on in your complex. As well if the community is gated, they might be able to see who came in and out on a security camera and get a few leads.

As well, talk to you complex about their policy on this type of stuff and express your concerns. I know UF for sure has a campus/student legal services area where you can speak to someone who knows about renting laws among other areas to help you out.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by mani
Damn.. sorry for the loss. Where in Florida btw ?
It happened in Orlando, around the the UCF area.

Originally Posted by huystAr
well its good to see the progress. post pic once its done at the autobody
Thanks, I don’t know if Ill be going back to the shop till the car is done. I have faith that these guys will do a great job.

Originally Posted by eduthesamurai
Damn I can't believe people vandalize private property. I rent an apartment but I always leave the car in the front of the apartment. I have a clear view towards it but I can't deny I worry sometimes. Hope everything turns good with your car
Actually my car was visible from my apartment window. I just did it in the middle of the night when I was passed out. If I saw who did it, they would be wishing that they didn’t do it.

Originally Posted by jus_incredible
are they repainting the entire car or just the area's where it was keyed?
The insurance is only covering the damages but Im paying difference to have a complete respray.

Originally Posted by UA6
Glad everything is working out. Hopefully your new place has a garage.
Thanks, I moved into a house now with a garage!

Originally Posted by STeelTL
i live in orlando also..that sucks....too many young imature kids living by ucf
So true...I think Ive seen you around the UCF area if I’m not mistaken.

Originally Posted by csmeance
UCF and UF are great schools! I'm a bit impartial to FSU and the seminoles

Any college town is going to have a bunch of rowdy kids that do crazy things once alcohol enters their systems. The best thing to do is try your best to keep your stuff safe.

If you were singled out then I suggest you think about the night prior and think about any parties that were going on in your complex. As well if the community is gated, they might be able to see who came in and out on a security camera and get a few leads.

As well, talk to you complex about their policy on this type of stuff and express your concerns. I know UF for sure has a campus/student legal services area where you can speak to someone who knows about renting laws among other areas to help you out.
I completely agree when kids drink they get rowdy. There are always parties even in the middle of the week which I don’t understand. Unfortunately my place isn’t gated but there is suppose to be officer that patrols the area which Ive only seen twice since I moved in a yr ago.UCF does provide us with student legal but didn’t go since I was able to sublease my apartment and got all my fees waved.

Thanks for recommending Samuels Auto to me, they are very professional and honest. I can’t wait to see the finished product since I upgraded the finish of the paint.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I feel your pain, my right fender was vandalized while I still had the temp tags on it. Someone punched a huge dent in it, long story :'(
Old 08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
I completely agree when kids drink they get rowdy. There are always parties even in the middle of the week which I don’t understand. Unfortunately my place isn’t gated but there is suppose to be officer that patrols the area which Ive only seen twice since I moved in a yr ago.UCF does provide us with student legal but didn’t go since I was able to sublease my apartment and got all my fees waved.

Thanks for recommending Samuels Auto to me, they are very professional and honest. I can’t wait to see the finished product since I upgraded the finish of the paint.

No problem on the samuels recommendation, these guys do AMAZING work and as well take their time to make sure it's done properly. Just for the future, ask if they can give you some leftover paint that you can use as touchup!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey guys so I finally got the car back today and it just looks amazing! Im soo happy with the quality of work that I will never go to anyone else again. Car came out better then it was new since I upped the paint finish. I just snapped a few photos with my cell phone so please excuse the quality. Ill take better photos later.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM
RLTW!!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Looks great. Does your apartment complex have a garage you can rent?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Warrior 6
Looks great. Does your apartment complex have a garage you can rent?
Thanks man, I moved out of my apartment complex the week it happened and into a house. Its nice having a garage again.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Sucks dude, I'm sorry. Did you file a comprehensive claim with your insurance? They will not affect most premiums and are pretty simple and straight forward. Only downside is that if there's a lien on the title you will get a third party check made out to whom you choose to do the repairs.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Oops, guess I should've read the whole thread. lol

Glad you got it sorted out!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
people are assholes and i cant believe they would do that .. good karma deff came through for you bro and got you a sweet paint job, and a garaged house !
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice work on the car
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Hey guys so I finally got the car back today and it just looks amazing! Im soo happy with the quality of work that I will never go to anyone else again. Car came out better then it was new since I upped the paint finish. I just snapped a few photos with my cell phone so please excuse the quality. Ill take better photos later.
^ yaaayyy!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Im glad everything worked out for you, and the car is safe inside a garage. Now time to keep modding.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys, Im not to upset about it anymore to be honest. Everything happens for a reason, if it never happened it wouldn’t look as good as it does now. Next up on the list is a clear bra for the bumper only, since I hate the cut off lines on the hood and fenders. Then Ill order tires for my aspec wheels that have been sitting in the garage for months now.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 9,503 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Congrats! Looks great

I was born and raised in Orlando, near UCF off of University Blvd. I miss it down there
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Glad it worked out. Car looks great.

A couple years back I was rear-ended. I took it to a body shop in Jersey and there was a blue 2G TL there at the time that suffered the same fate. Every panel was keyed and all the tires were slashed. Hate people that do stuff like this.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
We should cut those bastards fingers off lol.