3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 TL OEM Body Kit is cheesy (A-SPEC KIT)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 TL OEM Body Kit is cheesy (A-SPEC KIT)

This is my first post on the forum so go easy on me.

I have had my; 04 TL 5AT NAVI, for 3 weeks, and one week of that it was at the dealer for a body kit install. They went through 2 diffrent body kits, and its stil not right. The first kit was a darker shade of blue, and the tape that holds the kit to the bumper kept pealing away. The second kit would not stay attached to the sides of the front bumper. Does anyone else think its kind of cheesy to have double sided tape holding a $1200 body kit on a 35k car. Ill post pic's when I get home this evening.

One more thing I have to vent about is: I took the car to a local detail shop the day before I took it in to the dealer. When I got the car back from my local Acura dealer the car looked like they wen mudding in it, and their was an extra 35 miles on the car.

I feel as if my car has been violated in some way.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:11 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally Posted by BIGFISH
This is my first post on the forum so go easy on me.

I have had my; 04 TL 5AT NAVI, for 3 weeks, and one week of that it was at the dealer for a body kit install. They went through 2 diffrent body kits, and its stil not right. The first kit was a darker shade of blue, and the tape that holds the kit to the bumper kept pealing away. The second kit would not stay attached to the sides of the front bumper. Does anyone else think its kind of cheesy to have double sided tape holding a $1200 body kit on a 35k car. Ill post pic's when I get home this evening.

One more thing I have to vent about is: I took the car to a local detail shop the day before I took it in to the dealer. When I got the car back from my local Acura dealer the car looked like they wen mudding in it, and their was an extra 35 miles on the car.

yeah double sided tape holding a body kit is kinda ghey...

and man, 35 miles!! go complain!! i betcha they have used your car to go to lunch or whatever.

@cUr@-TL
Old 08-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The kit is only cheesy if not installed correctly. It's very nice when done right. It needs extra tape. That's all.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Desi Pride

Complain about the 35 extra miles. I would. Dealers are a pain to deal with. I took my car into to have Eibach springs installed and detailed and waxed it the day before. When I dropped it off, I told them I don't want a wash and vacuum. Guess what I got a wash and a vacuum a loose rear deck and grease on the ceiling. Plus All the tire dressing was almost gone, plus I had to rebuff it when I got home. I complained and showed the service manager in writing it said no wash and vacuum needed. Took the car back the next day and waited this time to fix the rest. Dealers all they want is your $$$. What happened to the "qualityservice"?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
its held in my screws as well, on the underside at least... maybe your dealer sucks
Old 08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cTLgo
its held in my screws as well, on the underside at least... maybe your dealer sucks
cTLgo,

That quote just made my day, I can't stop laughing!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
their was an extra 35 miles on the car.

your car got raped
Old 08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

35 Miles!!!! That's BS. I would kill them. Go talk to the service manager right away! Dont let that slid, who knows what they might have done with 35 miles.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Instructor

It does not sound like the dealer installed it very well... hmm and it took a week to do it? Thats too long. Sounds like a bad dealership. Makes you wonder...

Everything done to my car was perfect and done in a timely maner. No issues with the body kit at all.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Maybe the 35 miles was to test the kit out - to see if it was durable on the freeway at 130mph.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does anyone else think its kind of cheesy to have double sided tape holding a $1200 body kit on a 35k car.
Not really. I had an Autocouture front lip spoiler installed on my Lexus SC430, and it was installed with double-sided tape and a screw in each wheel well. Expensive part, expensive car... but not that different from what you're describing.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Shift_faster

My kit was installed in three hours. The fit was also perfect. I was concerned about it, because I had seen cars in the dealership with gaps, but I told them that I wanted it perfect or I was bringing it back.

Take it back and have them fix it. You didn't pay them to try their best, you did to get a well-fitting kit. Good luck...
Old 08-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Cruisin'

35 extra miles.. I would be so pissed off,Some one would have alot of explaining to do.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Instructor

The kit is not flush looks like a civic add on. Just get a suspension and nice wheels and keep the car clean looking you will be fine
Old 08-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Cruisin'

I've had My car for a couple of weeks with A-SPEC kit. No problems whatsoever. McGrath Acura in Illinois did a tremendous job. My wife took the car today and I just watched as she pulled away. The car looks sweet.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 PM