Used 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020 | 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Used 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid

What do you guys think of a Used 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid Advance with 4100 miles for $44495 +TTL? I'm looking at it soon. Carfax said it's clean one owner car with no accidents. I will have it inspected by 3rd party. Assuming all checks out, I plan to purchase this car. Just wondering if that price is reasonable. It's $62K brand new.

I'm currently driving a 2015 Lexus GS 350 F Sport RWD. I like the Lexus, but it lack most driving assistance I want like Lane Keep assistance and Collision Mitigation Braking, HUD and other luxuries. I know the RLX is a different car and it is fully loaded...everything I could ever want. We have 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid and we love it so I know a bit about Acura SH-AWD Hybrid system. It's super quiet and provides great torque and acceleration. I was always curious of the RLX Sport Hybrid but the styling is a bit bland and boring for me. Acura Infotainment is soooo OLD too, but I plan to upgrade with GROM Vline2. Already have GROM running in my Lexus. I had a '92 Legend Coupe back in the days. Looking forward to coming back to a Legend. Please chime in your thoughts...

Last edited by jdpdata; 10-14-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2020 | 07:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Low To mid 40’s + fees, taxes, etc. seems like a reasonable price for a clean pre-owned vehicle. Sure you can try for better. But the RLX’s are rare. If you find one, might want to grab it. For comparison, I paid about the same thing last December for a ‘19 that had almost 6K miles on it.

You’ll love the RLX even with the ancient infotainment system. I think the rest of the toys outweighs that miss by Acura. I love my hybrid. Both of them. Good luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by moose66:
hondamore (10-15-2020), jdpdata (10-15-2020), mrgold35 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020 | 09:43 AM
mrgold35

I'm with moose66 on the RLX being increasingly harder to find and the price looks good; especially, if it in the color combo you like. I paid $41,500+TTL for my CPO 18 RLX hybrid with 7200 miles back in Dec/19. It doesn't bother me with the older info-tainment system and I like the physical button for heated/cooled seats. The HUD, Krell, extra leg room (I'm 6'3"), wider cabin, and TONS of hp/tq make up for the other short comings. The RLX doesn't handle as well as the MDX hybrid. You are going to wish your MDX hybrid had the 3.5L engine instead of the 3.0L 10 seconds behind the RLX wheel. Just add the spare tire kit and any other accessories like rear spoiler or splash guards because they will be gone forever soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrgold35:
hondamore (10-15-2020), jdpdata (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020 | 11:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Thank you both for your input. I think mid 40's is a really good deal for RLX Sport Hybrid and I like the fact that they're so rare. I don't think I've even seen one around LA area just like our MDX Sport Hybrid, they're super rare. I think once I install GROM Vline2, I'll be very happy. And thanks for the tip about rear spoiler and splash guards. These two items will make the car look even better. I'll make it my negotiating point with the dealer to add these two items. If all goes well, I'll drive home a White RLX this Saturday.
Old 10-15-2020 | 01:36 PM
mrgold35

Good luck with the negotiation and purchase!

Let us know how the GROM Vline2 install goes. I'm debating adding Carplay to my RLX. I don't use Carplay in my 19 MDX as much as I anticipated in the +18 month I've had her (only during +8 hr road trips). Just having to use the knob in my MDX for carplay for touchscreen apps is a PITA.

I had a few rock strikes down to the primer on the side doors on my RLX. I added splash guards to see if that helps with that.
The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020 | 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Our local dealer has a '20 RLX SH-AWD with 3200 miles (it was a dealer loaner) for $47,900, but it's a CPO, and that's before negotiations. http://www.sunnysideacura.com/invent...kc2f96lc000460 Obviously the factory warranty will be in place with even a used one, but certified gives you a longer warranty, if that matters. As a comparison, in April 2019 we got an '18 RLX SH-AWD with 1200 miles (another dealer loaner) for $45k w/CPO warranty. Just make sure you check the history on whatever you buy and make sure there wasn't damage or another issue the owner/dealer was trying to dump....
jdpdata (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020 | 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Good luck with the negotiation and purchase!

Let us know how the GROM Vline2 install goes. I'm debating adding Carplay to my RLX. I don't use Carplay in my 19 MDX as much as I anticipated in the +18 month I've had her (only during +8 hr road trips). Just having to use the knob in my MDX for carplay for touchscreen apps is a PITA.

I had a few rock strikes down to the primer on the side doors on my RLX. I added splash guards to see if that helps with that.
As I've said, I have Vline2 in my GS. It's working great, I love it. Bring all the tech I want into a dated Infotainment system. I'm hoping GROM fixed the backup camera issue with the RLX. Someone posted it YouTube that the 360 backup camera doesn't work. As a work-around, he had to switch back to Radio to enable the camera to work again. Minor annoyance that I'm confident GROM will fix. I had same issue with my Lexus when I first installed GROM couple years ago.

Originally Posted by andysinnh
Our local dealer has a '20 RLX SH-AWD with 3200 miles (it was a dealer loaner) for $47,900, but it's a CPO, and that's before negotiations. http://www.sunnysideacura.com/invent...kc2f96lc000460 Obviously the factory warranty will be in place with even a used one, but certified gives you a longer warranty, if that matters. As a comparison, in April 2019 we got an '18 RLX SH-AWD with 1200 miles (another dealer loaner) for $45k w/CPO warranty. Just make sure you check the history on whatever you buy and make sure there wasn't damage or another issue the owner/dealer was trying to dump....
That's my concern with this car, who in their right mind get rid of a brand new car after just 7 months of ownership and only 4100 miles. I'm hoping maybe Covid as something to do with it. Maybe the previous owner lost his job and had to get rid of the car. Poor guy probably took a huge hit, it was $62K brand new. I'm having the car thoroughly inspected before purchase. I may ask the dealer to throw in CPO certification for extra peace of mind. It still have 40 months/50K miles factory warranty left so I'm not too concern if something creeps up. I may even concern a brand new RLX Sport Hybrid for $47K if dealer is willing to let it go at that price.
Old 10-15-2020 | 02:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdpdata
That's my concern with this car, who in their right mind get rid of a brand new car after just 7 months of ownership and only 4100 miles. I'm hoping maybe Covid as something to do with it. . . . . . . . .
You said it. Unfortunately it is a COVID world for now. This could have been someone who is going through some tough times and needed to unload for some reason or another regardless of the hit. Can't speculate or say that is the reason. But certainly could be one.

Just make sure you have it checked out top to bottom before fully committing. Don't rely on Carfax alone and certainly don't take the dealer for their word UNLESS they certify it at no additional cost to you. Certification at that price would make that vehicle a steal.

Last edited by moose66; 10-15-2020 at 02:58 PM.
jdpdata (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020 | 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

I've asked them how much to CPO Certify, they said an extra $2K. I feel confident they can do it for less. So maybe I'll offer $45K +TTL + CPO. What do you guys think of that offer?
Old 10-15-2020 | 04:06 PM
mrgold35

My 18 RLX had its rear bumper repainted and the clear coat was showing signs of starting to peel a bit on one spot near a seam. Not reported on Carfax and unknown to the dealership I purchased from in CA. I only found out weeks later when I was getting water inside the spare tire well because the a plug was missing. My dealership in NM figured it might have been because of an un-reported repair and they didn't put everything back 100% (fixed for free). They confirmed this when they tested the paint thickness on the bumper and it was thinner than it should have been. It looked 100% and I just had the clear bra folk PPF the back bumper for added protection.

Last edited by mrgold35; 10-15-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2020 | 04:30 PM
Burning Brakes

My 18 RLX had its rear bumper repainted and the clear coat was showing signs of starting to peel a bit on one spot near a seam. Not reported on Carfax and unknown to the dealership I purchased from in CA. I only found out weeks later when I was getting water inside the spare tire well because the a plug was missing. My dealership in NM figured it might have been because of an un-reported repair and they didn't put everything back 100% (fixed for free). They confirmed this when they tested the paint thickness on the bumper and it was thinner than it should have been. It looked 100% and I just had the clear bra folk PPF the back bumper for added protection.
Maybe previous owner had minor rear collision that required rear bumper repainted and didn't reported to insurance. I plan to get the car PPF too just depends on the condition of the paint. It is a used car. I'll have to see if there are any paint correction needed. We have the MDX Xpel PPF, so far it's holding up well after 3 years. No yellowing or cracking and it has already saved front end from a rock chip. PPF material is torn but no damage to paint underneath, I need to get it repaired.
Old 10-15-2020 | 05:07 PM
mrgold35

Planning to keep my MDX and RLX for +10 years. So I ended up doing:
- XPEL Ultimate PPF film on entire painted surface, and headlights,
- Exoshield on windshield,
- Ceramic Pro on PPF, rims, interior, and exterior glass.
- Gloss vinyl wrap on chrome window trim and side rocker panels,
- plastic dip on all front/rear chrome, rear Acura emblem, and plastic dip Hybrid emblem
- debadged the rear
- painted calipers black

For my 19 MDX :
- Suntek Ultra Paint film (hood, fender, mirrors, a-pillars, rear bumper, fogs, and headlights)
- Exoshield on front windshield
- CQuartz Finest reserve Ceramic Coating on all painted surfaces, windows, and rims.
- Ceramic Pro the interior
- Chrome Black out with Plastic dip
- debadged the rear
- plastic dip the Hybrid emblem on fender
- painted calipers red
Old 10-15-2020 | 05:36 PM
Burning Brakes

@mrgold35 you sounds just like me. We keep our cars for 10+ years as well. Just gave my mint condition 2006 4Runner with 183K miles to my Mom. I love that truck to death, but she needed a car since she totaled her Camry in an accident. I figure with all the loaded options of the RLX and at a great price, I'll be saving money in the long run as I won't be tempted to anything else. I'm very impressed with the Sport Hybrid drivetrain in our MDX but not a fan of SUVs (wife loves it). And with the new breed of Acura Type S coming in the next years, but no word from Acura on any new Sport Hybrids, I'm snatching this RLX. Might be the last of its kind for a very long time. In the 3 years of our MDX ownership, absolutely no problems at all. Oil and gas is all she needs. Hope RLX will be even better and more satisfying ownership experience with all the upscale luxuries.
Old 10-15-2020 | 05:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Price drop!! More wiggle room to negotiate

Old 10-15-2020 | 06:23 PM
mrgold35

I love that price for a 2020! Do you know if it is CPO? The basic warranty goes from 4yr/50,000 miles to 6 yrs/100,000 miles. The powertrain moves up from 6 yrs/70,000 miles to 7 yrs/ 100,000 miles. The RLX hybrid already has the same warranty as the MDX hybrid for the EV powertrain components. I'm not anticipating any issues before 100,000 miles on my MDX or RLX; but, you never know with a low volume vehicles.
Old 10-15-2020 | 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

I love that price for a 2020! Do you know if it is CPO? The basic warranty goes from 4yr/50,000 miles to 6 yrs/100,000 miles. The powertrain moves up from 6 yrs/70,000 miles to 7 yrs/ 100,000 miles. The RLX hybrid already has the same warranty as the MDX hybrid for the EV powertrain components. I'm not anticipating any issues before 100,000 miles on my MDX or RLX; but, you never know with a low volume vehicles.
It's not CPO. Dealer said since the car is so new and factory warranty is still in affect they didn't want to add cost of CPO certification. I may ask them to throw in CPO for additional $1K, see what they said. I didn't know the 2020 basic warranty was extended to 6yrs/100,000 miles. With that kind of coverage, I don't think CPO is such a big deal now. If visual inspection all checks out, I'm buying this thing.
Old 10-15-2020 | 06:41 PM
mrgold35

I'm not even sure what the CPO covers after the basic/powertrain runs out? My 18 RLX only had 7200 miles and was mostly used as a personal daily driver of the head sales manager when it was traded in. It was just checks to certify CPO and it sat on the lot for a long time before that. The CPO warranty doesn't kick-in until the after the basic/powertrain expires anyways: PLUS, we still have an option to add Acuracare anytime if the 4/50 basic is still active.
Old 10-15-2020 | 07:13 PM
Burning Brakes

I’d act fast. It has 13 saves. You can best believe that while you’ve been waffling for over 24 hours, someone else is probably not. First one who shows up with the funds will get the ride. Dealerships are only loyal to their bottom line. If you are seriously interested, you might want to call them up and get a deposit on it. Just make sure if it doesn’t check out, you can get that deposit back!
mrgold35 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020 | 11:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm not too concerned if it's sold before Sat. They have plenty of new RLX left am sure they'll be desperate to unload soon. This one is white, I'm not crazy about white cars. Crashed and totaled my last two white Acuras. I'm in no rush. Actually like my GS a lot except it doesn't have an driving assistance. Want to try that new Traffic Jam assist feature.
Old 10-16-2020 | 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

List of accessories I plan to ask the dealer to include and install at purchase. Not sure if they'll go for everything, but I want at least the top 3. Anything else you guys think I should ask for? I plan to Xpel PPF entire front end and ceramic tint two front windows and windshield. Looks like previous owner already tinted rear windows. @mrgold35 I saw you have aluminum pedals in your RLX, where do you get those? Might add "Legend" badge too if I can find it.

-Splash Guard
-Rear Decklid Spoiler
-Illuminated Door Sills
-Cargo Area Tray
-Cargo Net
-All-season mats
-Rear bumper applique
-Door Edge Film
-Door Handle Film
Old 10-16-2020 | 06:40 PM
mrgold35

I added the spare tire and ended up needing it 2 days after purchase when I hit a pot hole and split the sidewall. I was lucky not to damage the OEM rim and it took almost 10 days to get a tire replacement and appointment at Discount Tires to fix. I did the lifetime road hazard with Discount Tire with rotations/balance for around $37 per tire.

I did the pedals from Ultimate Pedals. I did the same pedals for my 08 RDX and 11 MDX. I did the rubber grip inserts and they sometimes pop out. I use super glue to keep the grips in place and haven't had an issue with my RDX, 11 MDX, or RLX. They didn't have a set made for the +18 RLX when I contacted them back in Jan/2020. Ultimate pedals sent me templates to to cut out and measure for the RLX. We were able to get a perfect set for the RLX after 3 different templates adjustments.

https://www.ultimatepedals.com/

Paper templates they emailed me to test fit.

Finished product

I also did plug-n-play Acura logo projector on Amazon, $23, and super bright LED trunk lights:
Logo projector:
Amazon Amazon
Plug-n-play LED trunk lights, Amazon, $16:
Amazon Amazon

Same Logo projectors for my MDX and RLX (can't remember which vehicle this is?):

jdpdata (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020 | 06:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Those pedals are very nice! Is it me, or the footrest pedal is HUGE! Do you mind sharing how much you paid for them? I assume they have templates now since you've provide them template. So I can just go on their website to order?
I have those projector logo lights on my GS now. I don't like them that much. They fade out after awhile. Probably will skip them for the RLX.

Last edited by jdpdata; 10-16-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2020 | 08:09 PM
mrgold35

I think it was around $160 for the 3 pedals. The dead pedal is huge; but, it covers the RLX black plastic dead pedal pad 100%. I checked and they haven't updated the website for the +18 RLX. You might have to call to order. My point of contact for the +18 RLX was:

Robert Baylor
www.ultimatepedals.com
sales@ultimatepedals.com
(561) 798-6588 Phone

What I like about the pedals is they brighten up the ebony interior; especially, at night.
Old 10-17-2020 | 02:39 AM
Burning Brakes

I feel for what RLX currently is 2020 cert with under 10k should be at 40k ... 2019 with 20-25k miles should be at $37k tops... 2018 with about 30-35k miles should be no more than $33-34k...
One will say "that will never happen" but the thing is that value of this car is in a free fall as it is... unless there is a former RL owner who knows what to appreciate and enjoy this car for what it is, prices will continue to soar down because no one wants it...
Old 10-17-2020 | 04:41 AM
Burning Brakes

List of accessories I plan to ask the dealer to include and install at purchase. Not sure if they'll go for everything, but I want at least the top 3. Anything else you guys think I should ask for? I plan to Xpel PPF entire front end and ceramic tint two front windows and windshield. Looks like previous owner already tinted rear windows. @mrgold35 I saw you have aluminum pedals in your RLX, where do you get those? Might add "Legend" badge too if I can find it.

-Splash Guard
-Rear Decklid Spoiler
-Illuminated Door Sills
-Cargo Area Tray
-Cargo Net
-All-season mats
-Rear bumper applique
-Door Edge Film
-Door Handle Film
If this is your freebie/included in the negotiated cost list, this is quite the list. If you are buying/paying for these items, I would put the aforementioned spare tire kit installed at the top of the list.
Old 10-17-2020 | 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Glad to rejoin the Acura family again with my new Legend

Two White Acura in the family

It was hard to say good to my beloved GS

Got the deal I wanted 43.5K +TTL with most accessories included (Splash Guard, Rear Decklid Spoiler, Cargo Net, Door Edge Film, Door Handle Film, RS3 alarm upgrade). This thing flies on the freeway without much effort, simply awesome.
I want to thank moose, mrgold35 and others that helped me in this thread. We've be seeing each other more often now.

The following 6 users liked this post by jdpdata:
CadiGTi (10-17-2020), moose66 (10-17-2020), mrgold35 (10-17-2020), nist7 (10-19-2020), psheu (10-18-2020), rlx015 (10-18-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-17-2020 | 08:23 PM
mrgold35

Welcome to the exclusive club with a pretty sweet ride!
jdpdata (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020 | 10:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm having the damnest time programming Homelink. I have a rolling code garage opener so I press the button on the garage opener, it start flashing. Then I press and hold the homelink button in the car and the button on remote garage opener but nothing works. HELP!
Old 10-18-2020 | 02:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Welcome back
Old 10-18-2020 | 08:27 AM
mrgold35

I had to use my hand held remote to help program the Homelink buttons inside all my Acura: https://homelink.com/

Instructions I used from Homelink for my 11 MDX, 18 RLX, and 19 MDX to program my two Chamberlain 1/2 hp chain garage door
  1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
  2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface (usually located on your visor, overhead console, or mirror), keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
  3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
  4. Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
    • If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
    • If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
  5. At the receiver (motor head unit), locate the “learn” or “smart” button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the device owner’s manual.
  6. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
  7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.
Retain the original hand-held transmitter of the RF device you are programming for use in other vehicles, as well as for future HomeLink programming. It is also suggested that upon the sale of the vehicle, the programmed HomeLink buttons be erased for security purposes. To erase the programmed buttons, perform the procedure shown in step number 1.
hondamore (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020 | 09:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Congratulations jdpdata!! I hope your new Sport Hybrid makes you smile every time you drive it. Have fun.
Old 10-18-2020 | 09:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by psheu
Welcome back
Thanks! Finally enable to fulfil my dream of owning a Legend Sedan (sort of)

I had to use my hand held remote to help program the Homelink buttons inside all my Acura: https://homelink.com/
Fantastic instructions, I got it to work with these instructions. Why isn't this in the manual? I followed instructions in manual, didn't work a damn.

Originally Posted by hondamore
Congratulations jdpdata!! I hope your new Sport Hybrid makes you smile every time you drive it. Have fun.
Yes, I do have a big-ass grin every time I hit that throttle.
Old 10-19-2020 | 09:06 AM
Burning Brakes

In terms of that fairly significant list of accessories - Here's my order of preference based on 1.5 years with our '18 RLX Sport Hybrid:

1. spare tire kit (make sure you get the one for the hybrid - it has a bar to protect the battery and a smaller foam insert)
2. Body side moldings (saved the doors a couple of times already)
3. Splash Guards - not overly functional, but adds some breadth to the fenders...
4. All-season mats - but I'm not sure I'd go with the OEM ones. I actually have a set if anyone wants them for cheap $$. We opted for an aftermarket set (MAXpider 3D carpeted mats) from autoanything.com

The cargo area protector would be something I'd add that I haven't - but I'd do a carpeted version vs a hard plastic one to keep things from sliding. One thing I've seen that I wouldn't get is the trunklid spoiler. On some cars it adds a good look - but on the RLX I prefer the lines without it.

Good Luck - andy
Old 10-19-2020 | 09:32 AM
mrgold35

Make sure you keep the air pump if you do go for the spare tire kit and have it dealership installed (if you decide on getting the kit). I added the spare tire kit and splash guards before purchase. I'm glad I double-checked and asked about the air-pump and got it back when I picked up my RLX from Sacramento to drive back to New Mexico. I now have spare tire and air pump for my RLX (donut inside/full size in garage) and MDX (full size on vehicle).
Old 10-19-2020 | 01:07 PM
Burning Brakes

I opted not to get the spare tire kit since it will add additional weight to the back of the car which may affect the hybrid system, same with our MDX, we skipped it. We do have AAA roadside service so I think we'll be OK if we encounter any tire problems. We rarely travel anywhere far from home. I made sure to negotiated dealer install the decklid spoiler since that required drilling into the trunk lid which I won't have the courage to do. About roadside service, the finance manager told me my car include 4/50K miles roadside service from AAA as well. So can I cancel my AAA membership and use the one that came with the car? No sense in having 2 roadside services membership. Also I opted not have dealer drill into my front bumper to mount license plate. What other method are you guys doing to mount front license plate without drilling? In CA we are required to have front plates.
Old 10-19-2020 | 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Didn't think you had to drill into the bumper. Thought the holder mounted underneath the bumper into the black plastic. Fortunately we are rear plate only here in NC. But my car was purchased in VA where front plates are required. When I got home, I removed the front bracket which was attached under the painted bumper with two screws. It did leave two holes which I filled with black plastic plugs I had lying around.
jdpdata (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020 | 03:49 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Very cool car...
I know some forum members rant and rave about this particular model.
Glad I ventured in here today. Congrats!
jdpdata (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020 | 04:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Just found this. Fortunately I expressly told my dealer not to drill into my front bumper. I found the license plate holder in my trunk, will mount it to black plastic lower grill after I get my PPF done to prevent and scratching of the paint.

Old 10-19-2020 | 04:23 PM
Safety Car

That's my concern with this car, who in their right mind get rid of a brand new car after just 7 months of ownership and only 4100 miles. I'm hoping maybe Covid as something to do with it. Maybe the previous owner lost his job and had to get rid of the car. Poor guy probably took a huge hit, it was $62K brand new.
Water under the bridge now but just to comment on this...there are TONS of people who spend more than they can truly afford and they are basically 1-2mo away from having to sell all their toys to make ends meet. Or it could be just a lease early return??

Nice ride though.
jdpdata (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020 | 04:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nist7
Water under the bridge now but just to comment on this...there are TONS of people who spend more than they can truly afford and they are basically 1-2mo away from having to sell all their toys to make ends meet. Or it could be just a lease early return??

Nice ride though.

So I did ask the salesman what was the deal with this car. He said (not sure if I believe him) that previous owner was an older gentleman. He didn't like the fact that the car engine shuts down at a red light. And that there was no "off" button for start/stop feature. Dealer explained to him that this is a Sport Hybrid, it's designed that way and not really a start/stop idle feature like in other cars. I guess the owner didn't like that he couldn't defeat this feature so he took a $20K loss selling the car after only 7 months of ownership. He put only 4100 miles on it. I bought it with 4164 miles. So it's been sitting on dealer lot for over a month. I had full inspection done and looked over the car top and bottom and ran all DTC codes. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Only a minor wheel rashes on front driver wheel (how the heck did that happened). I ran CarFax and AutoCheck by Experian to double check for problems, both shows no issues with this car. It's like a new car with massive discount that's why I couldn't pass it up. For comparison, the only other RLX sport hybrid in this price range 250 miles around here is a 2019 RLX in Black with 18K miles advertised for $44.9K+TTL. Mine is newer with far less miles and I got it for $43.5K +TTL. Absolutely a steal! Dealer did raped me on my trade-in but I feel it was a fair deal considering the massive discount they gave on this RLX. Plus I didn't want to deal with selling my own car during Covid so I had them take it off my hands.

Last edited by jdpdata; 10-19-2020 at 04:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jdpdata:
moose66 (10-19-2020), nist7 (10-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Used 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid