Hybrid Parts Listing on Acura E-Store...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Hybrid Parts Listing on Acura E-Store...

Just started browsing. I noticed the foglights are $900 (!!) a piece. These must be LED as well? Holy crap.

Also noticed that all LED headlights don't appear to have replaceable LEDs? The whole assembly is 2k...
Old 03-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Racer

Battery pack is $3200....let's hope that baby never has to be replaced.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Racer

Rear differential is $7500...
Old 03-21-2014, 06:23 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Am I reading this right? They list a RLX as "2014 4 door ADV(HYBRID) E Speed Manual Transmission" ??? Huh?

Last edited by Tonyware; 03-21-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
^^^^
If it's manual, SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW!

But I'm 100% sure it's a typo or reference to a DCT?

Joking aside, there is a 100% likelihood this car will be a lease for me because with the new tech and those parts prices there's no way I'm owning this puppy past warranty.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by CFoote
Just started browsing. I noticed the foglights are $900 (!!) a piece. These must be LED as well? Holy crap.

Also noticed that all LED headlights don't appear to have replaceable LEDs? The whole assembly is 2k...
that's an expensive repair if they get hit by a rock!!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts

Note to self for future RLX Sport Hybrid purchase ...put polycarbonate clear bra material on fog lights (maybe two layers).

Regarding the replacement of the LED headlights, the LED's are probably rated at 100,000 hours of use which would probably out live the car making replacement a moot point.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
^^^^
If it's manual, SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW!

But I'm 100% sure it's a typo or reference to a DCT?

Joking aside, there is a 100% likelihood this car will be a lease for me because with the new tech and those parts prices there's no way I'm owning this puppy past warranty.
IMO any car past $50-$60k just doesnt make sense to own. No matter how good the car is and the value it retains, depreciation makes luxury vehicles a sunken investment period, especially when they get that high in purchase price. It's not like a house where you're in a 15-30 year investment with market swings lowering or raising your property value and possibly turn a profit if and when you're looking to sell it. With car technology moving at a faster and faster pace, to me it makes more sense to lease and be able to stay current.

Unless you're outright paying in full (which again you're gonna loose money) if you finance or lease, you've still gotta a car payment. So for me it makes sense to make a car payment that doesnt commit me to the vehicle and I get to turn it back in for the latest and greatest.

My TL was the last car I purchased and will be the last one I ever own from here on out. If I ever own a car at this point it will be because its a special project, toy, or holds some kind of endearment to me

Last edited by holografique; 03-21-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
IMO any car past $50-$60k just doesnt make sense to own. No matter how good the car is and the value it retains, depreciation makes luxury vehicles a sunken investment period, especially when they get that high in purchase price. It's not like a house where you're in a 15-30 year investment with market swings lowering or raising your property value and possibly turn a profit if and when you're looking to sell it. With car technology moving at a faster and faster pace, to me it makes more sense to lease and be able to stay current.

Unless you're outright paying in full (which again you're gonna loose money) if you finance or lease, you've still gotta a car payment. So for me it makes sense to make a car payment that doesnt commit me to the vehicle and I get to turn it back in for the latest and greatest.

My TL was the last car I purchased and will be the last one I ever own from here on out. If I ever own a car at this point it will be because its a special project, toy, or holds some kind of endearment to me
Great minds think alike. I have come to that realization as well after financing so many cars in the past. I fully own three cars now, my V wagon and S2000 (specials I intend to keep) and the wife's Pilot, which she genuinely wants to keep till the wheels fall off--she is not a car person. I simply desire the latest and greatest, frequently, so leasing is the way to go. I own my business, so it's a tax deduction, too.

I do plan to enjoy some time without a car payment first, though.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Battery pack is $3200....let's hope that baby never has to be replaced.
For the very popular Prius there are now several after market providers of replacement battery packs. Some seem to even be enhancements. And they are not as expensive as I thought. I guess it kind of makes sense. There are a lot in the market place, but after 8 years they would be 'worthless' without affordable replacement batteries.

I doubt the RLX Hybrid will sell that many to have after market support. So when the battery is about to go out of warranty, does this make the car worthless? A built in expiration date?
Old 03-21-2014, 11:41 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man

I doubt the RLX Hybrid will sell that many to have after market support. So when the battery is about to go out of warranty, does this make the car worthless? A built in expiration date?
This is the often overlooked cost of owning a hybrid vehicle with expired factory warranty, and applies to all makes and models of hybrid automobiles.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
IMO any car past $50-$60k just doesnt make sense to own. No matter how good the car is and the value it retains, depreciation makes luxury vehicles a sunken investment period....
Unfortunately, I drive too much to be able to lease in any good way. I also drive so much that I want a decent car to drive, one that is comfortable, provides good economy and good performance, and apt enough with modern electronics that I can NAV to places hitherto unknown in efficient and relatively quiet fashion.

I also need to provide for having to carry a couple of people with me on occasion, people who will want to talk about something instead of focusing too much on what the vehicle is doing in the way of squeaks and rattles, or even G forces of load or acceleration times.

:-)

And considering that the RLX Advance is going for 49,000 to 54,000 these days, and at 0.9 % financing (isn't that below inflation?), it makes sense for some of us to just buy them.

And the depreciation thing is quite an assumption.

Everybody said the same thing about the 4G TL 6-6 when I bought it.

Paid 39,000 for it.

With 86,000 miles on it, got rid of it for 24,000.

That, to me, seems like entirely reasonable depreciation.
The following users liked this post:
victorber (03-22-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Grandpa

And you know, if you really have to drive, then the RLX Advance seems a better choice than the E Class or the Audi A6.

To me, anyway.

It's not like I didn't look. :-)
The following users liked this post:
victorber (03-22-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Racer

I agree, the RLX (with discounts) is a great value. I just wish we had a AWD model without all the fancy hybrid electronics to drive. I wish they'd bring the MDX drivetrain to the RLX

Otherwise, I guess I'll forgo the AWD at some point as my RL won't last forever!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I said teh same thing too....It is ironic that the SH-AWD will be more easily attainable on the TLX users than the RLX. It seems that very few will be able to afford the SH-AWD in the RLX because if its electrification. I understand the argument that making a SH-AWD RLX and a SH-SH-AWD RLX wouldn't make sense, and would kill the SH-SH-AWD but why not make kill the P-AWS instead and give people that really want the increased power and fuel efficiency of the SH-SH-AWD to get it.

In any event....The RLX P-AWS is still a pretty good car.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by weather
It seems that very few will be able to afford the SH-AWD in the RLX....
The MSRP will be fairly low, really. It'll be exclusive...but affordable. If that makes sense.

...but why not make kill the P-AWS instead ....
Do most people want AWD, or do they want a car that handles a certain way?

I think the RLX is a great handling car. It's just not an ice car. :-)
Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
I think a mechanical SHAWD RLX will re-introduce overlap with the TLX SHAWD. I think Acura wants to get away from that with the re-aligned sedan line up. Further a mechanical SHAWD vehicle is heavier and less fuel efficient. That contradicts the purpose of SH SHAWD which Acura is trying to define to the marketplace. Powerful, sporty AND efficient.

However, it appears they are repeating the issue somewhat as I read PAWs will become a mainstay on FWD models in the brand.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
I think that price is whole part of fency led amber + foglights and remember the price you are seeing is full MSRP. I think you could buy that around $600 ~ $700 later. ( still expensive lol )
Old 03-24-2014, 02:26 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ I said teh same thing too....It is ironic that the SH-AWD will be more easily attainable on the TLX users than the RLX. It seems that very few will be able to afford the SH-AWD in the RLX because if its electrification. I understand the argument that making a SH-AWD RLX and a SH-SH-AWD RLX wouldn't make sense, and would kill the SH-SH-AWD but why not make kill the P-AWS instead and give people that really want the increased power and fuel efficiency of the SH-SH-AWD to get it.

In any event....The RLX P-AWS is still a pretty good car.
Let's look at it this way.

Without the "e" on the RLX's eSH-AWD, a regular "SH-AWD RLX" would destine to fail when facing threats from the AWD TLX, in the same way as the AWD TL walked all over the grave of the AWD RL.