Extended warranty for RLX SH

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 20 Posts
Extended warranty for RLX SH

Has anyone bought extended warranty for the RLX-SH.
I have bought extended warranties on most of my previous cars but have hardly had to use them. At the same time I haven't kept any car beyond 75k miles either. The CPO has already extended the bumper-to-bumper warranty to 5yr/60k miles and the drive train to 5yr/100k miles. I will essentially be paying for extension of 40k miles if I choose 5yr/100k bumper-to-bumper or can further upgrade to 7yr/120k miles. Any info on dealerships that are ready to haggle?
Old 03-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
There was discussion about extended warranties earlier and I believe that you can shop around for the best deal on an extended warranty from different Acura dealers (should you decide to buy one) and then the warranty is usable at any Acura dealer.

I personally have never bought an extended warranty for my Acura/Honda products and (knock wood) I've never needed one.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:08 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Saccucci Honda, Bernardi and others sell them online at a discount.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
^^^^
This. I've done this before. I haven't purchased an extended warranty this time only because I leased and am currently not likely to purchase off lease, unless I get the deal of the century.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I do have an extended warranty on my KC2. But I've lost track of what it cost, and I've lost track of whether it is 100K or 120K, because we transferred the bumper to bumper from my KC1 to my KC2.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:36 PM
RLX SH²-AWD

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
I always get an Acura Care extended warranty on all my Acuras !!

In the past, it has saved me a lot of money on my previous RLs (2005 & 2010)

Don't be confused with Acura care maintenance, don't get that.

I purchased my Acura Care warranty online from Curry Acura.

Here's the link for Curry Acura care:

Acura Care extended coverage beyond the original warranty
Old 03-09-2016, 08:09 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by vhdoshi
I always get an Acura Care extended warranty on all my Acuras !!

In the past, it has saved me a lot of money on my previous RLs (2005 & 2010)

Don't be confused with Acura care maintenance, don't get that.

I purchased my Acura Care warranty online from Curry Acura.

Here's the link for Curry Acura care:

Acura Care extended coverage beyond the original warranty
Not sur if other online dealers do it, but Saccucci sells you the maintenance plan below cost if you buy the extended warranty from them. For $850, I got 4/60k of maintenance including everything that the car asks for or is time based (brake fluid for example or wiper blades). In those 60k miles, you'll get (at a minimum) 8 services.

While you'll be able to do the services cheaper yourself, getting them done at the dealer will cost you more even if you clip coupons and spend time convincing them that you don't need the seasonal tire air pressure exchange or the blinker fluid flush.

There is a benefit (both in $$ and in nerves) of driving in, saying "please do the XYZ123 service" and driving out when you're done, never to touch your wallet.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
For reference, I did buy an extended warranty for my 2014 Sport Hybrid. I am trying to remember the details -- 10 yrs., 100,000 miles with no deductible [either the years or the miles is probably off a little]. List price was $2,700+. I called around to a number of Acura dealers and finally got quote for $2,100. I went back to the dealer I was buying my car from and they reculantly agreed to match the price.

Make sure you get an Acura factory warranty, not some 3rd party insurance company -- they tend to be cheaper but usually have more exclusions. I was told by some on AZ that 3rd party insurance companies are also more difficult to deal with. With the Acura warranty, just take the car to any dealer and they fix the issue and get reimbursed by Acura.

You can buy the Acura warranty from any Acura dealer over the phone or on the web. No need to show up physically. I usually keep my cars for 10 years so it usually pays off. I learned the hard way when my hard drive in the nav. system went out after 7 years in my RL. That was pretty expensive. Today's RLX has so much more 'technology' that is expensive to replace, it seemed like a useful expenditure for me.

Simply call the dealership and ask to speak to the Finance Manager. They are ones who sell warranties.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:38 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
For reference, I did buy an extended warranty for my 2014 Sport Hybrid. I am trying to remember the details -- 10 yrs., 100,000 miles with no deductible [either the years or the miles is probably off a little]. List price was $2,700+. I called around to a number of Acura dealers and finally got quote for $2,100. I went back to the dealer I was buying my car from and they reculantly agreed to match the price.

Make sure you get an Acura factory warranty, not some 3rd party insurance company -- they tend to be cheaper but usually have more exclusions. I was told by some on AZ that 3rd party insurance companies are also more difficult to deal with. With the Acura warranty, just take the car to any dealer and they fix the issue and get reimbursed by Acura.

You can buy the Acura warranty from any Acura dealer over the phone or on the web. No need to show up physically. I usually keep my cars for 10 years so it usually pays off. I learned the hard way when my hard drive in the nav. system went out after 7 years in my RL. That was pretty expensive. Today's RLX has so much more 'technology' that is expensive to replace, it seemed like a useful expenditure for me.

Simply call the dealership and ask to speak to the Finance Manager. They are ones who sell warranties.
Before you call, you'll want to get inline quotes from at least one Honda/Acura dealer so that you have a baseline.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer

unless, you live in the state of florida. you must purchase from dealer who sold you the vehicle.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
I bought the AcuraCare D62 plan, 6 years 120,000 miles for $1,505 from Hyannis Honda. This is for my new 2016 Acura RLX SH-AWD (the plans for the RLX P-AWS are cheaper). I have always bought them from there, and they are fast to reply and process the deal. Always excellent service.