Current Incentives for the 2014 Acura RLX

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
Current Incentives for the 2014 Acura RLX

Hey all, My name is Corey Straker you can see a description of me HERE. I work for Superior Acura as a Sales Consultant and I thought I'd give back to the community by answering any questions, informing you of internal incentives, etc. So here we go...

Acura RLX ( ALL REGIONS )

DEALER CASH: (MONEY DEALERS CAN GO UNDER INVOICE, MONEY PAID BY ACURA TO DEALER FOR SELLING CAR)

2014 RLX Base: $2,500
2014 RLX NAVI: $2,500
2014 RLX TECH: $2,750
2014 RLX ADV: $3,000

SPECIAL APR: (FOR QUALIFIED BUYERS, APPLIES TO ALL MODELS)

NONE CURRENTLY
The following 7 users liked this post by Corey_Straker:
3.2TLc (09-13-2013), GoHawks (09-22-2013), hadokenuh (09-18-2013), hondamore (09-13-2013), Malibu Flyer (09-14-2013), neuronbob (09-13-2013), TSX69 (09-13-2013) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Corey:

What's ETA for Hybrid version?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
corey

We as RL owners want the Awd model of the Rlx. Any time table for release? Also I hope that Acura does not price out the Rl owner crowd. What lost that will be to Acura.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Angry Not Sure Where to Put This ...

As I am running out of patience waiting for any info on the hybrid RLX, I started looking around at other cars. The XTS is automatically offering $5k off on their website, reducing the starting price to ~$39k. People in my area are only averaging $3k off MSRP on the RLX and are getting ~$7k off the XTS.

On another side note from the competition: the 2014 GS upgrades from a 6 speed auto to an 8; improving the hwy mileage by +1.

Now that the Accord Hybrid is about out the door, maybe we will get some info/pics of the RLX SH-SH-AWD.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69
As I am running out of patience waiting for any info on the hybrid RLX, I started looking around at other cars. The XTS is automatically offering $5k off on their website, reducing the starting price to ~$39k. People in my area are only averaging $3k off MSRP on the RLX and are getting ~$7k off the XTS.

On another side note from the competition: the 2014 GS upgrades from a 6 speed auto to an 8; improving the hwy mileage by +1.

Now that the Accord Hybrid is about out the door, maybe we will get some info/pics of the RLX SH-SH-AWD.
They've been oddly quiet on this topic....
Old 09-26-2013, 06:47 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Corey_Straker, Collin,

how likely it is that the official release of the "Hybrid SH-SH-AWD RLX" will be postponed again and again to the far future, just like Acura did in replacing the RL (-> RLX) and the NSX (-> NSX-replacement) ?

Maybe Acura has finally woken up to realize that there is no profitable business case for the much more expensive Hybrid RLX, given the surprisingly lackluster sales result of the FWD RLX.
The following users liked this post:
Fabvsix (11-25-2013)
Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I think they have 2 opportunities, the LA show in November and the Detroit show in January to showroom riot SH-SH AWD otherwise the RLX is a dead car. You have to ask yourself if Acura even cares about the RLX, they barely marketed it, vs. MDX commercials that I see every few days even almost 3 months after it's release.

They really need to be focusing on the TLX in the Detroit, every day the TLX is delayed are more sales to the IS, Q50, CLA, CTS, etc. this $35-$60K segment is unbelievably competitive and there is no room for mistakes. I have to believe the RLX is a write off at this point.
BDoggPrelude (09-27-2013)
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I'm going to put it out there.

Has the sport hybrid been cancelled? Where is it? Are we really going to go back to FWD as our flagship? Really?

Better to be delayed to get it right, than to screw up a launch ala Lincoln MKS.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by KeithL
I think they have 2 opportunities, the LA show in November and the Detroit show in January to showroom riot SH-SH AWD otherwise the RLX is a dead car. You have to ask yourself if Acura even cares about the RLX, they barely marketed it, vs. MDX commercials that I see every few days even almost 3 months after it's release.

They really need to be focusing on the TLX in the Detroit, every day the TLX is delayed are more sales to the IS, Q50, CLA, CTS, etc. this $35-$60K segment is unbelievably competitive and there is no room for mistakes. I have to believe the RLX is a write off at this point.
Well, in my opinion they obviously care about the RLX or they wouldn't have built it. Personally, I believe that some mistakes have been made with the car, most notably there are too many trim levels. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have seen no evidence that the steady increase in trim levels have improved customer satisfaction. Seems to me that most people were happiest when they bought one car that was fully loaded at a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by neuronbob

Has the sport hybrid been cancelled? Where is it? Are we really going to go back to FWD as our flagship? Really?

Better to be delayed to get it right, than to screw up a launch ala Lincoln MKS.
I couldn't say if it's been canceled or not, they certainly haven't said anything publicly or privately on the topic.

I am trying to maintain realistic expectations for the Sport Hybrid RLX. I don't believe it's going to "save" the line. My guess is it adds (at best) another 1200 to 1500 sales per year.
The following 3 users liked this post by Colin:
dwest1023 (09-27-2013), hondamore (09-27-2013), victorber (09-28-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

There is a lot of new tech in that drive train. I'm sure they are just working out the kinks not just for the RLX but the NSX too.

Add the Q50 to that list. Although not as bad as the MKZ.

If we don't hear about the TLX in Nov then I'm going to seriously look elsewhere. It sure would be nice to hear something from Acura to keep me interested. I already have my reservations of 1st year issues now from Acura. The ZDX is a write off. I'm sure they will continue to sell the RLX as best they can with discounts to move them off the lot.

Originally Posted by Colin
Well, in my opinion they obviously care about the RLX or they wouldn't have built it. Personally, I believe that some mistakes have been made with the car, most notably there are too many trim levels. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have seen no evidence that the steady increase in trim levels have improved customer satisfaction. Seems to me that most people were happiest when they bought one car that was fully loaded at a reasonable price.

I couldn't say if it's been canceled or not, they certainly haven't said anything publicly or privately on the topic.

I am trying to maintain realistic expectations for the Sport Hybrid RLX. I don't believe it's going to "save" the line. My guess is it adds (at best) another 1200 to 1500 sales per year.
I'm sure they care about the RLX and the ZDX. But caring doesn't make it sell. I wonder what overlap there is at Acura between the SUV side and Sedan side of the design group. The SUV guys seem to consistently be on target, the sedan guys are a little off. I wonder which group was in charge of the ZDX?

The TLX should move a lot more units but with potentially 3 drive train choices and three trim levels with how many color variations.... it could be repeating the mistake. I'd be happy with two trim levels, Base and Advance. Give people value in the advanced trim. I'll buy one.. oh... if the rear seats fold down.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Suzuka Master

I am sure they cared when they built it, but now that it has fallen flat I think they have cut and run. Honestly is the ramp up costs for the SH-SH-AWD RLX worth it now if they are loosing their shirts on the regular RLX?

I know the tsunami keeps getting used as an excuse, but really I don't see Lexus and Infiniti having many issues getting caught back up, sure the G37 went longer than I am sure they would have liked, but it also was racking up sales through the Q50 introduction. At this rate I even doubt the SH-SH-AWD will add 1200 a year since it will likely have a $70K price tag, at that price point only a few die hards will venture into it.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

I am sure they cared when they built it, but now that it has fallen flat I think they have cut and run. Honestly is the ramp up costs for the SH-SH-AWD RLX worth it now if they are loosing their shirts on the regular RLX?

I know the tsunami keeps getting used as an excuse, but really I don't see Lexus and Infiniti having many issues getting caught back up, sure the G37 went longer than I am sure they would have liked, but it also was racking up sales through the Q50 introduction. At this rate I even doubt the SH-SH-AWD will add 1200 a year since it will likely have a $70K price tag, at that price point only a few die hards will venture into it.
Don't you think the ramp up costs are factored into the entire project at the outset? Toyota and Renault have more resources than Honda, maybe it's easier for them to erase the loss due to the tsunami? Also, I believe for them only subcontractors were affected, for Honda it was the R&D facility.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
'll buy one.. oh... if the rear seats fold down.
LOL, I'd start shopping for another car then.... (seriously, no TL has ever had folding seats)
Old 09-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
I am a complete outsider and have zero inside information, but I have taken a product from idea to design to market and it was my experience that ways to improve things always pop up and delay the launch.

For example, (again purely hypothetically as I have zero inside information), let's say they are testing the new and wonderful SH-SHAWD system and the engineers realize that they have all these new parameters that they can control to improve handling/performance. So, when writing the code to have the electric motors on the rear wheels pass torque to the outside wheel in a turn, they realize that, HEY, while we are at it we can apply the brake slightly to the inside wheel. Then someone else decides that, HEY, the PAWS system would would great with this and we've already engineered that, so let's make it a really great handling car. Than someone else decides, HEY, now that we have PAWS, if the vehicle is turning more than 5 degrees or inputs a certain amount of steering input, it would be best if we changed the Yaw this much and added more torque here and brake there..... (I'm just talking out of my ass here as I have absolutely no automotive engineering knowledge, but the point is that the bright minds at Honda may be suffering design sensory overload). The engineers become kids in a candy store because of the endless possibilities of the new technology and plethora of sensors and adjustments that can be made in real time.

What I'm saying is that each level of complexity adds hundreds of options that could improve the final product and it is instinctively difficult to not look into each opportunity for improvement which delays the final product. Some geek writing code can have an idea LATE in the design process which vastly improves the final product or makes it more reliable and then how does the lead project manager not add the code change and start the testing all over again. Factor in that much of this technology is being shared with the NSX "supercar" and any and all performance gains or reliability enhancements HAVE to be explored.

The complete opposite side of that scenario, which I also experienced, is that one of the great ideas that seems absolutely brilliant on paper, just doesn't translate to performance on the test track and some "backtracking" has to happen to get the best, most reliable product to market.

Then, factor in that some Honda executive somewhere throws down the gauntlet to the design team that he wants the RLX AWD to be, for example, faster and better handling than a BMW 5-series or Mercedes E-class and more tweaks and improvements get thrown into the mix again (and those goals are moving targets as BMW and Mercedes release different improvements themselves).

Again, this was my experience and the RLX delay seems like it may be suffering some sort of the same problems/delays. The few thousand of us who are waiting to buy the AWD RLX can certainly wait a few more months while they make the system even better. Just my two cents.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Don't you think the ramp up costs are factored into the entire project at the outset? Toyota and Renault have more resources than Honda, maybe it's easier for them to erase the loss due to the tsunami? Also, I believe for them only subcontractors were affected, for Honda it was the R&D facility.
Yes ramp up costs were factored in, but I am sure they were based on sales projections and an ROI, that I am sure they are missing already, so they can cut their potential losses if they forget the hybrid. Just speculation of course.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes ramp up costs were factored in, but I am sure they were based on sales projections and an ROI, that I am sure they are missing already, so they can cut their potential losses if they forget the hybrid. Just speculation of course.
If there was one thing we learned from the canceled NSX and ZDX program(s), it is that they are not afraid to cancel a program so long as the dies and tooling have not been made. In the case of the NSX the program was stopped, but in the case of the ZDX it went ahead even if they (probably) didn't want to do it.

I just have to say that I don't understand people here. Acura clearly said that the RLX Hybrid would be out at the end of the year. It's only September. Why do we assume that it's late, delayed, or canceled?
The following 4 users liked this post by Colin:
Acura_Dude (09-27-2013), JeffS (10-01-2013), terdonal (09-28-2013), victorber (09-28-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Suzuka Master

I think it is frustration that leads to this, we all love Acura and want good things from them, and we are watching everyone pass them by in the sedan space. I have seen 2 RLXs on the road since intro and I see new MDXs frequently and have to say while I am not an SUV guy, the new MDX is an appealing looking vehicle.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Senior Moderator

I was kidding. I'm sure they are putting final touches on the car.

It's interesting that Acura has said little to the dealers yet, though, and has released no information to the press.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Summer is Coming

LOL, I'd start shopping for another car then.... (seriously, no TL has ever had folding seats)
I can always hope right??? Actually I have been shopping, just waiting for the TLX. And yes no TL has had folding rear seats but I'm hoping all TLX's will have them.

Originally Posted by hondamore
I am a complete outsider and have zero inside information, but I have taken a product from idea to design to market and it was my experience that ways to improve things always pop up and delay the launch.

For example, (again purely hypothetically as I have zero inside information), let's say they are testing the new and wonderful SH-SHAWD system and the engineers realize that they have all these new parameters that they can control to improve handling/performance. So, when writing the code to have the electric motors on the rear wheels pass torque to the outside wheel in a turn, they realize that, HEY, while we are at it we can apply the brake slightly to the inside wheel. Then someone else decides that, HEY, the PAWS system would would great with this and we've already engineered that, so let's make it a really great handling car. Than someone else decides, HEY, now that we have PAWS, if the vehicle is turning more than 5 degrees or inputs a certain amount of steering input, it would be best if we changed the Yaw this much and added more torque here and brake there..... (I'm just talking out of my ass here as I have absolutely no automotive engineering knowledge, but the point is that the bright minds at Honda may be suffering design sensory overload). The engineers become kids in a candy store because of the endless possibilities of the new technology and plethora of sensors and adjustments that can be made in real time.

What I'm saying is that each level of complexity adds hundreds of options that could improve the final product and it is instinctively difficult to not look into each opportunity for improvement which delays the final product. Some geek writing code can have an idea LATE in the design process which vastly improves the final product or makes it more reliable and then how does the lead project manager not add the code change and start the testing all over again. Factor in that much of this technology is being shared with the NSX "supercar" and any and all performance gains or reliability enhancements HAVE to be explored.

The complete opposite side of that scenario, which I also experienced, is that one of the great ideas that seems absolutely brilliant on paper, just doesn't translate to performance on the test track and some "backtracking" has to happen to get the best, most reliable product to market.

Then, factor in that some Honda executive somewhere throws down the gauntlet to the design team that he wants the RLX AWD to be, for example, faster and better handling than a BMW 5-series or Mercedes E-class and more tweaks and improvements get thrown into the mix again (and those goals are moving targets as BMW and Mercedes release different improvements themselves).

Again, this was my experience and the RLX delay seems like it may be suffering some sort of the same problems/delays. The few thousand of us who are waiting to buy the AWD RLX can certainly wait a few more months while they make the system even better. Just my two cents.
Somehow I think this is not the case.

If there was one thing we learned from the canceled NSX and ZDX program(s), it is that they are not afraid to cancel a program so long as the dies and tooling have not been made. In the case of the NSX the program was stopped, but in the case of the ZDX it went ahead even if they (probably) didn't want to do it.

I just have to say that I don't understand people here. Acura clearly said that the RLX Hybrid would be out at the end of the year. It's only September. Why do we assume that it's late, delayed, or canceled?
I think we'll still see the SH-SH-AWD since the tech in this and the NSX likely leverages each other and assuming they aren't cancelling the NSX it needs some support from RLX Hybrid production and support.

"Always with the negative waves Moriarty"

Last edited by Rocket_man; 09-28-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:07 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
MDX Appealing Vehicle

I think it is frustration that leads to this, we all love Acura and want good things from them, and we are watching everyone pass them by in the sedan space. I have seen 2 RLXs on the road since intro and I see new MDXs frequently and have to say while I am not an SUV guy, the new MDX is an appealing looking vehicle.
Indeed it is! So much so that I bought one for the wife and I must say I have no regrets thus far - The MDX is superb...
Old 09-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Racer

There is a lot of new tech in that drive train. I'm sure they are just working out the kinks not just for the RLX but the NSX too.

Add the Q50 to that list. Although not as bad as the MKZ.

If we don't hear about the TLX in Nov then I'm going to seriously look elsewhere. It sure would be nice to hear something from Acura to keep me interested. I already have my reservations of 1st year issues now from Acura. The ZDX is a write off. I'm sure they will continue to sell the RLX as best they can with discounts to move them off the lot.

I'm sure they care about the RLX and the ZDX. But caring doesn't make it sell. I wonder what overlap there is at Acura between the SUV side and Sedan side of the design group. The SUV guys seem to consistently be on target, the sedan guys are a little off. I wonder which group was in charge of the ZDX?

The TLX should move a lot more units but with potentially 3 drive train choices and three trim levels with how many color variations.... it could be repeating the mistake. I'd be happy with two trim levels, Base and Advance. Give people value in the advanced trim. I'll buy one.. oh... if the rear seats fold down.

All,

My apologies for not responding recently to the questions. Production starts in the next week or so. Here is what I heard from the district manager, not sure if I'm allowed to disclose but no one told me I couldn't so...

RLX Hybrid SH-AWD will have only 2 trim levels

RLX TECH Cost? I'd guess $62-64,000.
RLX ADVANCED Cost? I'd guess $67-69,000.

Here is where it get's pretty sweet. We believe it's going to have the same 3 electric motor setup as the NSX with the addition of a dual clutch transmission. I immediately raised concern because DCT's can get very, very sluggish in stop-and-go.

Expect to see it in December.
The following 6 users liked this post by Corey_Straker:
Acura_Dude (09-29-2013), hondamore (09-28-2013), neuronbob (09-28-2013), Rocket_man (09-29-2013), TSX69 (09-28-2013), victorber (09-28-2013) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Safety Car

Talking Finally Some Info

Hopefully you got some of it wrong bc I was hoping for earlier & cheaper but any info at this point is nice. Now if only they would put a pic of it (hoping for some cosmetic changes) on the future vehicles section of their site.

Went to the Cadillac dealer last nite and had a horrible experience with the salesman which right now sways me from even considering an XTS any further. I did see the new CLA & not bad, may have to look further into that.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:39 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey_Straker
All,

My apologies for not responding recently to the questions. Production starts in the next week or so. Here is what I heard from the district manager, not sure if I'm allowed to disclose but no one told me I couldn't so...

Here is where it get's pretty sweet. We believe it's going to have the same 3 electric motor setup as the NSX with the addition of a dual clutch transmission. I immediately raised concern because DCT's can get very, very sluggish in stop-and-go.

Now that's something to keep us all Acura enthusiasts exciting and hoping, rather than others keeping the mouth shut all the times.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

All,

Interesting, I'd heard only one trim level, but that was back in March. As for DCT, the operation of the electric motors off the line should solve driveability issues in slow traffic.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Racer

Hopefully you got some of it wrong bc I was hoping for earlier & cheaper but any info at this point is nice. Now if only they would put a pic of it (hoping for some cosmetic changes) on the future vehicles section of their site.

Went to the Cadillac dealer last nite and had a horrible experience with the salesman which right now sways me from even considering an XTS any further. I did see the new CLA & not bad, may have to look further into that.

Thanks!
The CLA is a sweet car! Price seems right until you option it all up Now the CLA 45 AMG on the other hand... I'd go for that! One sweet ride, but not very comparable to an RLX. Two difference animals.

My mom had a horrible experience at a honda dealer who wouldn't give her her key's back and held her there for 5 hours, that's why I give people the best buying experience that I can!

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS

Now that's something to keep us all Acura enthusiasts exciting and hoping, rather than others keeping the mouth shut all the times.
That's the trick. I was an enthusiast before I was an employee! I'll keep you all posted on what is going on. I'm going to mid-ohio on the 4th to meet with the district manager and assistant manager to blow off some steam at the track. I'll see if I can pry some more info

Interesting, I'd heard only one trim level, but that was back in March. As for DCT, the operation of the electric motors off the line should solve driveability issues in slow traffic.
That's what I was thinking, however, I hope this transmission isn't swarmed with issues, especially the long-term reliability of it. DCT's are always a hit or miss.
The following 2 users liked this post by Corey_Straker:
Acura_Dude (09-29-2013), honda_nut (09-28-2013)
Old 09-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Summer is Coming

Thanks!
I'd wait.. the price is bound to come down once early supply is satisfied.

I read a review of the new CLA. I think it was on USA Today??? It wasn't that positive. The ride seems pretty rough, and the $30K entry price is un realistic.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Summer is Coming

That's the trick. I was an enthusiast before I was an employee! I'll keep you all posted on what is going on. I'm going to mid-ohio on the 4th to meet with the district manager and assistant manager to blow off some steam at the track. I'll see if I can pry some more info
Remember.. let them know that the TLX needs to have fold-down rear seat to keep up with the competition. In fact, as you drive around the track... a little 'folddownrearseats' under your breath will do nicely
Acura_Dude (09-29-2013)
Old 09-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks!
That's the problem with Cadillac. The dealership experience is very uneven, with some dealers being outright awful and some being like the one I purchased from, awesome.

As for the news that the sport hybrid RLX is coming fairly soon, sounds good. I'm sure the hybrid is not going to be the volume leader for the RLX, but hopefully with a few good reviews it will get its day in the sun. This is the one many of us 2G RL owners (and NSX fans since the drivetrain is related) are waiting for.

Waiting impatiently with toes tapping.....
Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
At least now I can have some hope that my wait for the Hybrid RLX will pay off. Still I am concerned that if Acura is going to have the car into dealers showrooms in Dec. that we should have already seen for marketing efforts to the press and reviewers. With all of the mediocre reviews the RLX got I think they would want to ramp of the early reviews and release some final prototypes for testings early on. Dec. is only two months away.

The year end sales for some of the competitors are coming up and there is plenty of competition for the RLX. I am still a loyal fan of the brand [I have owned 6 since the introduction of the first one in 1986 and my wife and I have enjoyed them all]. I just am not interested in the FWD RLX......how the car handles is very important to me.

FOr now I am still waiting but one of these days I am going to test drive the Audi A-7 and them may not want to wait for the RLX hybrid.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Safety Car

Lightbulb

Yes, I know the CLA & RLX are completely different classes but I have a weird shopping rubric - 1 of the big requirements is that I like to get a car during its 1st model year, like my 2004 TSX. It does not look like the CLA has ventilated seats tho, which is another 1 of my requirements so I may have to pin my German interests on the 4series.

The Cadillac salesman was rude to me & when I called the next day to tell the manager, he did not seem too bothered by the situation. I realize that I look younger than I am & probably did not look like I could afford it but he kept trying to turn me off of the car by mentioning the high price. It was even more insulting after I already told him I was just looking (trying not to waste his time since I knew I was not buying a car anytime soon).

It appears to be a $7-9k premium guess for the hybrid. I really hope that includes more than just the hybrid system for that price. Hopefully it will be more than a wing added in the back as well. Please Acura, no blue tinted lights.

As fate would have it, my car was hit in the parking lot last week & now I have to decide to pay the $250 deductible and get it fixed or just take a hit on the trade-in/sale and let someone else deal with. Appears I now have another few months to make up my mind as I await pictures of the RLX hybrid (which really should already be in the future vehicles section of the website like the Accord hybrid is).

On a side note: all the dealerships in my area now have a pretty healthy supply of RLXs (1 even has 18) but they do not seem to be moving as fast as they were (@ least 1/week). I predict a not so-good month of sales if my area is any indication ...

Last edited by TSX69; 09-29-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Speaking of the CLA, it is only out a week and already saw one on the road, very sweet looking. Acura has its a lot of work ahead of itself.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Racer

Speaking of the CLA, it is only out a week and already saw one on the road, very sweet looking. Acura has its a lot of work ahead of itself.
I agree with this. Acura really needs to kick it into gear. I told them a lot more people would like to see a lot more "bang-for-buck" and maybe some better styling. Some ideas floating around are

1. Premium Rear Entertainment System - Dual big screens in the headrests, cooled rear seats, power door sunshades, dvd, blue-ray, hdmi and component imputs. Dual zone rear climate control, some other goodies.

2. Further enhancing the CMBS, LSF (low speed follow), LKAS (Lane keep assist system), adding stuff like rear cross traffic detection, and some other stuff

Who knows what they'll do for sure though
Old 09-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
All,

Thanks for the update. I'd read November for sales, since really it's got to be out before the TLX is announced.

DCTs can be very jerky in stop/go, but you need to remember this one's different.

Why bother to synchronise clutch plates with the engine speed slowly (most humans can't do it that well, either) when you can just accelerate the car to engine speed using the hybrid and then you can bang the clutch shut without anyone noticing at all?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Suzuka Master

I agree with this. Acura really needs to kick it into gear. I told them a lot more people would like to see a lot more "bang-for-buck" and maybe some better styling. Some ideas floating around are

1. Premium Rear Entertainment System - Dual big screens in the headrests, cooled rear seats, power door sunshades, dvd, blue-ray, hdmi and component imputs. Dual zone rear climate control, some other goodies.

2. Further enhancing the CMBS, LSF (low speed follow), LKAS (Lane keep assist system), adding stuff like rear cross traffic detection, and some other stuff

Who knows what they'll do for sure though

I actually think their tech is excellent, the navi needs to be natural language and better looking maps, styling to me is the area that needs biggest improvement. Young people that can afford the TLX want style in general as much as anything else, they want to make a statement.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Racer

I actually think their tech is excellent, the navi needs to be natural language and better looking maps, styling to me is the area that needs biggest improvement. Young people that can afford the TLX want style in general as much as anything else, they want to make a statement.
I agree with styling as #1, but they could add so much more by only writing code, wouldn't even have to change any components.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Senior Moderator

I told them a lot more people would like to see a lot more "bang-for-buck" and maybe some better styling.
PUHLEEEEZE tell them that as many times as it takes to get the idea stuck in their heads. No more early 4G TLs
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Racer

PUHLEEEEZE tell them that as many times as it takes to get the idea stuck in their heads. No more early 4G TLs
I know exactly what your saying. I would like to see a rear entertainment optional on tech package and standard on advanced. I would like to see adaptive suspension on the advanced package, and more accessories!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Summer is Coming

I agree with styling as #1, but they could add so much more by only writing code, wouldn't even have to change any components.
I don't know what kind of images come from the lane keep assist camera... but you could easily turn that into a car dash cam with a little code and an SD card slot. That would be a cool feature with little investment.
Corey_Straker (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Racer

I don't know what kind of images come from the lane keep assist camera... but you could easily turn that into a car dash cam with a little code and an SD card slot. That would be a cool feature with little investment.
I agree. Maybe have like a sport package aka Type-S RLX and have that to record track days. Not very useful but very cool
Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts
Arrow

going to weigh in for argument's sake, without knowing any concrete numbers.

Facts:

1. Nobody knows what the RLX hybrid is going to cost
2. Everybody knows what cars the RLX is competing with

So based on # 2 we can pretty much guesstimate what range this car will play in based on previous pricing from competitors.

Guess #1

Lexus GS450h - fully loaded $64,825

Guess #2

Audi A6 Premium Plus 3.0 TDI fully loaded $65,195 w/ 20" sport package

Guess #3

Benz E400h fully loaded - $78,020 (I stopped here as adding service packages at this price point started making my eyes tear)

I'll stop with just 3 guesses, you can see where I'm going with this.

If RLX Hybrid goes over 65k it will have an impossible uphill battle unless it outhandles everything on the road while consuming the least amount of gas.

and yes, we will need a bad @$$ body kit for it.

All,

Quick Reply: Current Incentives for the 2014 Acura RLX