Eibach lowering springs now available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 07:58 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Padre Dave
When you order the sleeves make sure you have “Proof of Purchase”. I bought an early set in 2020 and couldn’t find a receipt. After multiple emails which were unsuccessful, I finally copied my posts from this thread from 2 years ago. The sleeves are on the way….
Do you have to order the sleeves directly from eibach?
Old 07-08-2022, 11:36 PM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by official.p
Do you have to order the sleeves directly from eibach?
That is my understanding. If you email them in CA, they will send the sleeves when you convince them that you own their springs on our car…..I really hope this helps something that is not really of concern to me, but why not?

I pray you all get yours ordered with less drama than I had. I have a tracking number from UPS and should have a delivery date next week.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:58 AM
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ncsustash
What was the rough install cost? Did you get the alignment done immediately or are you waiting?
I posted this info when I had mine installed 2 years ago. I recall something like 2 hours labor and yes, I had them do a 4 wheel alignment. I go to my old Mazda dealership (CardinaleWay in Mesa, AZ) as I found the BEST service advisor and tech that have worked on all of my previous and current cars (including a 2019 Mazda CX-5.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:26 PM
7th Gear

I received my springs today and they came with the insulator sleeves already installed. 😁
The following users liked this post:
Padre Dave (07-10-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
i received my springs today and they came with the insulator sleeves already installed. 😁
did you by any chance snapped a pic of springs in the box? I want to install my insulators but not sure where to start it from?
Old 10-17-2022, 09:24 PM
9th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Eibachs finally installed! Couldn’t find a reputable enough place, that I could trust to install them, so we did it ourselves. Let me start by saying….I have installed springs on probably 10+ cars over the years, and I’ve built airplanes for most of my life, so I’m no stranger to a wrench….But the front install KICKED MY ASS! It was not an easy install. The rears were a whole different story. We literally installed the rears in less than an hour, with zero problems. All in all….so worth it. Love the new aggressive stance, and the firmer ride.
The following 2 users liked this post by WichitaHack:
19 RDX A-Spec (10-19-2022), catbert430 (10-18-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 09:30 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 19A-SPEC
did you by any chance snapped a pic of springs in the box? I want to install my insulators but not sure where to start it from?

Old 10-18-2022, 01:05 PM
Advanced

Getting mine installed next week did everyone do the alignment right after?
Old 10-18-2022, 02:15 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jeffrey sousa
Getting mine installed next week did everyone do the alignment right after?
I think you're supposed to wait for the springs to settle but I did it right after. The shop I took the car to installed the spring also did the alignment.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:25 PM
Advanced

thank you the shop I'm going to doesn't do it I have to schedule something after. So everyone says that it is basically oem feeling but reduces body roll a good amount? still have a kid I need to put in the back
Old 10-18-2022, 02:32 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jeffrey sousa
thank you the shop I'm going to doesn't do it I have to schedule something after. So everyone says that it is basically oem feeling but reduces body roll a good amount? still have a kid I need to put in the back
The springs ride nice. Its feel a bit sportier on turns. The springs were installed on my wifes rdx and she couldn't tell the difference in the ride quality. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 10-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 200 Posts
The springs ride nice. Its feel a bit sportier on turns. The springs were installed on my wifes rdx and she couldn't tell the difference in the ride quality. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have the springs and found the difference between stock to be pretty minor BUT I'm increasingly finding the stock ride pretty tiresome - the damping and roll stiffness is just so mismatched to its performance. It's stiff with little benefit. It's not a fair comparison but I recently drove a 718 Boxster GTS for 3 days and it rode FAR better - world class damping that's firm but not stiff that I could live with all day long. Acura's attempt at performance tipped to the wrong direction with the RDX - that or they need to use higher quality dampers.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:12 PM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by supafamous
I have the springs and found the difference between stock to be pretty minor BUT I'm increasingly finding the stock ride pretty tiresome - the damping and roll stiffness is just so mismatched to its performance. It's stiff with little benefit. It's not a fair comparison but I recently drove a 718 Boxster GTS for 3 days and it rode FAR better - world class damping that's firm but not stiff that I could live with all day long. Acura's attempt at performance tipped to the wrong direction with the RDX - that or they need to use higher quality dampers.
Any word on getting dampers that match the springs?
Old 10-22-2022, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by supafamous
What tires are you running now? I also thought the stock suspension tuning was off when I had the RSA tires. Now with Pirelli Scorpion Zero AS+ for several thousand miles, my opinion changed. The stock suspension isn't perfect, but at least the damping actually makes sense and controls the spring motion well enough for most scenarios. The stock springs.... what can I say, they are too soft in the front to be meaningfully sporty, but a little too stiff for ride comfort. The Eibach is supposedly around 5~10% stiffer if I remember correctly from a forum post.

Using Porsche as a reference is only going to drive you and me mad at our Acuras. No reasonably priced cars can touch Porsche on the balance between sportiness and ride comfort.

Last edited by sonyfever; 10-22-2022 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2022, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by Funz51
Any word on getting dampers that match the springs?
The best bet is still custom-order program by Tein or KW. For Tein, the quote I got last year was ~$1500 for an entry-level ride adjustable kit. For a high-end, Monotube street kit, my guess is the price will be 2x.
Old 10-23-2022, 01:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
What tires are you running now? I also thought the stock suspension tuning was off when I had the RSA tires. Now with Pirelli Scorpion Zero AS+ for several thousand miles, my opinion changed. The stock suspension isn't perfect, but at least the damping actually makes sense and controls the spring motion well enough for most scenarios. The stock springs.... what can I say, they are too soft in the front to be meaningfully sporty, but a little too stiff for ride comfort. The Eibach is supposedly around 5~10% stiffer if I remember correctly from a forum post.

Using Porsche as a reference is only going to drive you and me mad at our Acuras. No reasonably priced cars can touch Porsche on the balance between sportiness and ride comfort.
I'm on Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+ and IMO, they're a bit too stiff for the setup and I would have been better off with a Primacy Tour or CrossClimate2 tires. I may still swap out as running one set of tires year round is pretty appealing.

re: springs - I think the fronts on the Eibachs are still too softly sprung (I bottom out too easily) but I'm guessing the stock shocks can't handle any more rate. The only options now is to have aftermarket dampers - a Koni or nice Bilstein would be great.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:53 PM
Cruisin'

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Random question but does anyone know the change in camber from stock -> lowering springs?
Old 12-19-2022, 04:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gordonary
Random question but does anyone know the change in camber from stock -> lowering springs?
There were no changes required, to the best of my knowledge. I have been on them 50K+ miles. Great ride and awesome look.
The following users liked this post:
gordonary (12-24-2022)