Speed limit information gone

Old 12-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speed limit information gone

I tried looking around the net and on here before I posted on this.
Today when I left work I noticed that the speed limit information which normally shows up on my HUD and dash was missing. I pulled over, restarted the car ( I'm in IT so you know I always reboot first ) and no dice. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a fix?

If not I guess it's another trip to the dealership. It would be the 3rd one since June as I've had the groaning lift gate and squealing brakes so far that needed repair.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
I've had that happen a couple of times and just attributed it to one of the 'gremlins' in the system since it will normally show up after an indeterminate period of time, or worse case the next time I'm out it's working again. Have not seen any pattern to it.
The following users liked this post:
Logan510 (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Cruisin'

I went out earlier tonight for dinner and it came back..."gremlins" indeed
Old 12-14-2018, 05:49 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
I actually had my speed limit info disappear this week for the first time. I was using Wyze via Carplay the other day on a trip, and I noticed that I didn’t have the speed limit showing in the dash or hud. Today on the return trip, same thing. I switch from Wyze to the car nav, it came back. Switched back to Wyze and it was still showing until I stopped for gas. After restart, it was gone again, and switching to car nav did not restore it. When I arrived home, I got the notice that an update had been download during my drive, so I have yet to see if it will come be back.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by DrWoo
I actually had my speed limit info disappear this week for the first time. I was using Wyze via Carplay the other day on a trip, and I noticed that I didn’t have the speed limit showing in the dash or hud. Today on the return trip, same thing. I switch from Wyze to the car nav, it came back. Switched back to Wyze and it was still showing until I stopped for gas. After restart, it was gone again, and switching to car nav did not restore it. When I arrived home, I got the notice that an update had been download during my drive, so I have yet to see if it will come be back.
It's interesting you say that because I believe the day it happened to me I was using the Apple maps via Carplay instead of the built in navigation...just to see the difference.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Logan510
It's interesting you say that because I believe the day it happened to me I was using the Apple maps via Carplay instead of the built in navigation...just to see the difference.
They are not related. I don't use any of those toys and it happens on occasion - even when not using Nav or have the map displayed.

Last edited by MI-RDX; 12-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
They are not related. I don't use any of those toys and it happens on occasion - even when not using Nav or have the map displayed.
There goes that theory

Good information, thank you.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Are you talking about speed limit signs? I think that information is pulled from real time HD radio traffic and is subject to broadcast information and potential service interruptions, like if you’re on a bad area and have a weak signal. It is not embedded in the nav software. Just like the traffic delays that show up as red are from the hd radio traffic. I have noticed that mine will cut out momentarily but is usually back within a few seconds. I attributed it to weak signal like when your xm radio goes silent for a few seconds if you lose the satellite. I do not think it’s an issue with the car.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
Are you talking about speed limit signs? I think that information is pulled from real time HD radio traffic and is subject to broadcast information and potential service interruptions,...

It comes from the NAV map data. If it were sourced from HD radio traffic it would not work at all outside of metropolitan areas since that's the only locations where HD radio traffic data is available.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
MI-RDX is correct it is imbedded in the NAV Map Data. Nothing to do with the HD Radio signal. Gremlin in the system that makes it disappear and reappear.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mines gone too . Just another thing to take up with dealer. If anyone has a fix, please post.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mines back.
Not sure why but speed limit is back on HUD.
Jb
Old 12-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
Thats good to hear. After reading all the issues everyone is having with the HUD and everything else I really hope Acura is paying attention and focuses the next software update to address a significant portion of the major bugs everyones having. I haven't had any issues since the month and half of ownership except trying to keep my ride clean as our new subdivision is being built around us. I hope you're enjoying your ride.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Just want to point out, I had this happen to me today. 2020 RDX Advance with only 1,000 miles on it. I was on major roads, and ones that I know 100% would display speed limit information. Today, for most of the day that information disappeared. Tried turning off the car several times and that didn't help. I called both dealerships in my city, neither one claimed to have ever heard of this. I called Acura 800 number who likewise said they never heard of this and advised me to take the car to the dealer. You know, the one who had never seen the problem and had no idea what could possibly cause it. I expect they would simply factory reset the infotainment. In any case, for seemingly no reason it came back while I was driving. It happened just after I got on an offramp from the interstate where there would have been a change to the displayed speed limit, FWIW. Seems to work again now. Weird.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:30 AM
Cruisin'

Canadian here - I have noticed while driving on either side of the US/Canada border that the speed limit information only appears in Canada if you have the units set to Metric (km), and in the US if you have the units set to US (miles).