Idle Stop Temporarily Interrupted

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Idle Stop Temporarily Interrupted

Just picked up my car from being at the dealer for a day and a half and get this message every time I stop at a red light. The engine does not shut off. I called them and mechanic said this "happens sometimes", like if he doesnt drive his RDX for a few days sometimes it will take the whole day to start working again. Does that sound legit? This car is literally 3 weeks old. I'm suspicious.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:30 AM
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Yes…..the battery level is low.

As per the Acura documents on reasons the idle stop will abort:

lMost likely reasons ……..One or more the parameters is not being met and was being met in your previous drives

■ Auto Idle Stop does not activate when:
• The Auto Idle Stop OFF button is pressed.
• The driver’s seat belt is not fastened.
• The engine coolant temperature is low or high.
• The transmission fluid temperature is low or high.
• The vehicle comes to a stop again before the vehicle speed reaches 3 mph (5
km/h) after the engine starts.
• Stopped on a steep incline.
• The transmission is in a position other than (D.
• The engine is started with the hood open.
u Turn off the engine. Close the hood before you restart the engine to activate Auto Idle Stop.
The battery charge is low.
• The internal temperature of the battery is 14°F (−10°C). or less.
• The climate control system is in use, and the outside temperature is below −4°F
(−20°C) or over 104°F (40°C).
• The climate control system is in use, and the temperature is set to the Hi or Lo.
• is ON (indicator on).
• The dynamic mode is changed to Snow or Sport+ mode.
• The vehicle is stopped by braking suddenly.
• The steering wheel is operated.
• Altitude is high.
• Theclimatecontrolsystemisinuse,andthereisasignific antdifferencebetween the set temperature and the actual interior temperature.
• The climate control system is in use, and humidity in the interior is high.

Last edited by Showkey; 03-26-2022 at 07:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
grandicornis (10-19-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Showkey
Yes…..the battery level is low.
Thats what I thought too but I drove home for 35-40 minutes and i thought it would have been fully charged by then.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:43 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I was getting that message for the past 2 1/2 months and out of the clear blue, it stopped the other day. Now its been working for the last 4 straight days. No idea what changed.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:09 AM
Instructor

This problem is now systemic for me. It almost never works. Like after I drop 80 straight miles it still wasnt working. Ate dinner, got back into car...still didnt work. Next morning, I ran a quick errand...still didnt work.

But then in the evening i went to pick up a pizza and it worked!?!

I'm very confused. Anyone else heard of this problem. I'm dreading taking it to the dealer.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:55 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JeremyGNJ
This problem is now systemic for me. It almost never works. Like after I drop 80 straight miles it still wasnt working. Ate dinner, got back into car...still didnt work. Next morning, I ran a quick errand...still didnt work.

I'm very confused. Anyone else heard of this problem. I'm dreading taking it to the dealer.

For the 10th time it’s not broken……and…….the dealer will tell you that without actually looking at the vehicle.

The parameters are not being met on some of the trips……….it’s really that simple. Don’t go looking to trouble and inconvenience.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Showkey
For the 10th time it’s not broken……and…….the dealer will tell you that without actually looking at the vehicle.

The parameters are not being met on some of the trips……….it’s really that simple. Don’t go looking to trouble and inconvenience.
None of those criteria are in use. Today when I was dirving, on the same leg of the trip....no climate control in-use....It did NOT work, then a few stop lights later it did, and then not again for the rest of the trip.

There's definitely something not right. For the first 3 weeks I owned the car it worked EVERY Time.
gisa (02-20-2023)

Trending Topics

Old 04-04-2022, 01:11 PM
Instructor

None of those criteria are in use. Today when I was dirving, on the same leg of the trip....no climate control in-use....It did NOT work, then a few stop lights later it did, and then not again for the rest of the trip.

There's definitely something not right. For the first 3 weeks I owned the car it worked EVERY Time.
The weather was not different, battery state of charge not the same ( as in NOT the same) during those various trips ?????

Never mind…….appears you really don’t get the parameters concept. Take it back……let us know what they say or what they fix. If your really lucky maybe your battery is low or weak and they will replace it ?

■ Auto Idle Stop does not activate when:
• The Auto Idle Stop OFF button is pressed.
• The driver’s seat belt is not fastened.
• The engine coolant temperature is low or high.
• The transmission fluid temperature is low or high.
• The vehicle comes to a stop again before the vehicle speed reaches 3 mph (5
km/h) after the engine starts.
• Stopped on a steep incline.
• The transmission is in a position other than (D.
• The engine is started with the hood open.
u Turn off the engine. Close the hood before you restart the engine to activate Auto Idle Stop.
The battery charge is low.
• The internal temperature of the battery is 14°F (−10°C). or less.
• The climate control system is in use, and the outside temperature is below −4°F
(−20°C) or over 104°F (40°C).
• The climate control system is in use, and the temperature is set to the Hi or Lo.
• is ON (indicator on).
• The dynamic mode is changed to Snow or Sport+ mode.
• The vehicle is stopped by braking suddenly.
• The steering wheel is operated.
• Altitude is high.
• Theclimatecontrolsystemisinuse,andthereisasignific antdifferencebetween the set temperature and the actual interior temperature.
• The climate control system is in use, and humidity in the interior is high.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Instructor

How could the battery charge be low after driving 80 miles without stopping?
Old 04-04-2022, 02:47 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
How could the battery charge be low after driving 80 miles without stopping?
Could have a bad cell.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:58 AM
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Just picked up my car from being at the dealer for a day and a half and get this message every time I stop at a red light. The engine does not shut off. I called them and mechanic said this "happens sometimes", like if he doesnt drive his RDX for a few days sometimes it will take the whole day to start working again. Does that sound legit? This car is literally 3 weeks old. I'm suspicious.

My RDX did that too when I first bought it. However, after a 2/3 days, it stopped. I just assumed it being brand new that the battery wasn’t fully charged because it was new and that after “breaking in” the car, the battery was fine and the auto idle worked.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same here

Hello all! I found this forum from Googling for the same issue.

I signed up here just so I could respond to this thread as I find the same peculiarities with my ‘21 TLX Aspec.

idle stop does not function on my 12 km drive into work, yet with no changes made to any settings it works straight away when I get in the car to drive home.
In the morning I do see the pop up telling me to “adjust climate to enable”. No, it’s not set to “low” or “high”. There is no a/c, no defrost or anything else on that I can see in the climate settings which should effect it. Battery temp? Can’t be as it’s summer so it can’t be too cold.
Trans. temp? I guess it could be that but why not on my trip home, and why does the pop up direct me to the “climate” settings.
I am willing to agree, grudgingly, that it is “normal” if a condition is not where it should be but I just find it a bit wonky…much like the whole GPS/infotainment system!. But that is for a different thread.
The car is smart. It knows why the system will not function at a certain time. Why can’t the pop up state the actual condition which is not being achieved rather than blame the climate settings? At least then we are not sent on a wild goose chase!
Old 08-31-2022, 08:46 AM
Intermediate

So this morning I completely shut off the air/ventilation system. Only then would the idle stop feature kick in.
So does that mean I can’t even use my vents for any ram air ventilation?
Old 08-31-2022, 10:28 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
Everything works with Pizza :P
Hihopes (08-31-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 07:45 AM
Intermediate

Nothing huh? Tough room!
Old 09-15-2022, 06:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish mine would stop working forever. I hate it.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:01 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just traded in my 2019 RDX (base) for a 2023 Aspec awd and this error pops up everytime I stop at a traffic light/ stop sign. Never saw an alert like that in my 2019 RDX. Only the 'step harder on the brake to activate' warning. It's possible that there were times in the 2019 RDX that it did not activate and I didn't notice or care because a scary warning didn't flash on the screen. If it's not a big deal, Acura should remove the warning because it's unsettling to have to wonder if I was given a car with bad battery (already). I lease for peace of mind.

Now I'm wondering if I should attempt to to open the hood, which I've never done, to see if that resolves the issue. I don't want to drive 30 miles to visit the dealership.