HUD Navigation issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:21 AM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HUD Navigation issues

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I got my RDX 19 SH-AWD advance package couple of days before. From day one I am facing this issue.
Head up display navigation is not 100% matching with the infotainment navigation.
I mean HUD naigation going wrong sometimes, where as infotainment navigation is always correct.
Part of HUD turn by turn navigation is freezing some times.

For example:

HUD turn by turn navigation Infotainment navigation

Turn left symbol, 2 miles, Route 50. Turn left symbol, 2 miles, Route 50.

Turn right symbol, 4 miles, 248th Ave. Turn right symbol, 4 miles, 248th Ave.

Turn right symbol, 1 mile, 248th Ave. Turn left symbol, 1 mile,HL Drive.

Turn left symbol, 2 miles, 30th St. Turn left symbol, 2 miles, 30th St.

Looks like in HUD turn symbol and street name are freezing with previous ones some times (hence not matching
in 3rd direction above) and matching again on it's own after next or next turn.

I have scheduled appointment with serice in next two days.
I would like to check if anyone has faced this problem before and if there is any solution in our hands on this.

Any answers is helpful.
The following users liked this post:
Meowiekazowie (10-17-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
I noticed this after I did the D.1.1.2 software update last week. The distance to the next turn is correct, but the direction and street are not. And it's not consistent, the last 2 times I tried in on a short drive, the nav screen and HUD were in sync.
The following 2 users liked this post by DrWoo:
Meowiekazowie (10-17-2019), William Hsu (06-26-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi DrWoo, Yes you are correct. Distance is always matching. But the direction and street are stuck with previuous ones sometimes. And this doesn't happen all the time.
Sometimes it works perfectly.
Did you got any solution for this? Had any discussion with service?
Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDX19IL
Hi DrWoo, Yes you are correct. Distance is always matching. But the direction and street are stuck with previuous ones sometimes. And this doesn't happen all the time.
Sometimes it works perfectly.
Did you got any solution for this? Had any discussion with service?
I did enter a ticket with Acura when it happened, but that’s a waste of time, I have several tickets opened that I have never been contacted about. I haven’t gone to my service dept. Frankly, they are useless when it comes to the software issues. I learn more on this forum.

and I did get a “acuralink diagnostics failed” message on Saturday morning, the day after I noticed the glitch. I restarted the car and it has worked fine the 2 times I tried out the HUD nav since.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:57 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am experiencing the same issue. I started another thread and posted some pics as I had not found this thread.

Yes I was stopped when i took the pics.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Just a random thought.....is your Nav display set to "TRACK UP" or "NORTH UP" ??......... If changeable, I strongly suggest you set it to "TRACK UP" that way turns will make sense (ie: if the path turns right, then turn right). "North Up" can be very confusing if you're traveling in any direction other than north.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I got my RDX 19 SH-AWD advance package couple of days before. From day one I am facing this issue.
Head up display navigation is not 100% matching with the infotainment navigation.
I mean HUD naigation going wrong sometimes, where as infotainment navigation is always correct.

For example:

Looks like in HUD turn symbol and street name are freezing with previous ones some times (hence not matching

I would like to check if anyone has faced this problem before and if there is any solution in our hands on this.

Any answers is helpful.
I read a recent review where the reviewer had this same hud/nav mismatch plus a radio than kept freezing. He said that he spoke to Acura about these issues and was told that it only affected a " small number of vehicles ". Seems like they would have checked the vehicle before they gave to him to test.

The '19 has too many problems for me. I'll will keep my '17 for a few more years and then decide on my next vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by R. White:
Meowiekazowie (10-17-2019), van mccarty (06-27-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 10:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by R. White
I read a recent review where the reviewer had this same hud/nav mismatch plus a radio than kept freezing. He said that he spoke to Acura about these issues and was told that it only affected a " small number of vehicles ". Seems like they would have checked the vehicle before they gave to him to test.
Yeah, just all the Advance models with the HUD!
Old 04-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I've experienced the same HUD issue since the mid-February software update. A tried 2 recommendations I saw on this site that I think helps when this issue pops up most of the time.
Before Turing off the car turn off the radio then wait 45seconds to a minute for the map to load before turning the radio back on.
OR when you use the arrow is pointing the wrong way; cancel the route then go into recent & start it up again. Inconvenient yes but its reduced my frustration ...
Hopefully the next update some say is due out any week not will fix this problem that was not the before the last update.

Last edited by Mark S Long Island; 04-01-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-18-2019, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island
I've experienced the same HUD issue since the mid-February software update. A tried 2 recommendations I saw on this site that I think helps when this issue pops up most of the time.
Before Turing off the car turn off the radio then wait 45seconds to a minute for the map to load before turning the radio back on.
OR when you use the arrow is pointing the wrong way; cancel the route then go into recent & start it up again. Inconvenient yes but its reduced my frustration ...
Hopefully the next update some say is due out any week not will fix this problem that was not the before the last update.
Mine started doing this about two weeks ago. Add it to the plethora of problems that I have endured. I took it to the dealer and they are working with the Honda “tech line” for a fix. For now I’m driving a loaner. I’ll update with results when I get my car back.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same problem

For example:

Any answers is helpful.
I have noticed this issue for the past month, especially after my infotainment center froze and I had to pull frequently replace the appropriate fuse described elsewhere in the 2019 RDX section. This seems to be a software issue, of course, and not an issue with the GPS.

I noticed that the HUD arrows were not matching up with the navigation map. Looking closer, the HUD seems to retain the last set of directions. The vertical distance bar is correct on the HUD letting you know how far until the next turn, but the turn is sometimes, not always, wrong. Seems to happen frequently if the navigation has to redirect me, or if I have to U-turn. This even happens on the highway, with the arrow on the HUD pointing to the Left even though the exit is obviously to the right. Distances are always accurate. The navigation map is always accurate.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Instructor

HUD Navigation Not Reliable

Originally Posted by e4e5
I have noticed this issue for the past month, especially after my infotainment center froze and I had to pull frequently replace the appropriate fuse described elsewhere in the 2019 RDX section. This seems to be a software issue, of course, and not an issue with the GPS.

I noticed that the HUD arrows were not matching up with the navigation map. Looking closer, the HUD seems to retain the last set of directions. The vertical distance bar is correct on the HUD letting you know how far until the next turn, but the turn is sometimes, not always, wrong. Seems to happen frequently if the navigation has to redirect me, or if I have to U-turn. This even happens on the highway, with the arrow on the HUD pointing to the Left even though the exit is obviously to the right. Distances are always accurate. The navigation map is always accurate.
i have had my Advance model since June of 2018. About three or four weeks ago I started having this exact disparity between the HUD and the in-dash display. This is months after I did the latest software update. I took the car to the dealer and the problem
was verified. After they discussed it with the Acura “tech line” they were told that there is no present solution. They were assigned a case number but basically we are stuck with waiting for another software update. Im now over 19 trips to the dealer for various electrical, quality and software problems. Worst car ever, only thing worse is Acura corporate customer service !!
The following 2 users liked this post by Cazman:
Meowiekazowie (10-17-2019), van mccarty (07-11-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 07:04 PM
3rd Gear

I'm experiencing exactly this. The HUD seems to get stuck on a previous street (the Navi screen is correct) but the distance are both the same.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Advanced

We also experienced this with our RDX on a roadtrip from Chicago to DC. Acura still claims that future OTAs will continue to improve software and address bugs.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:10 PM
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll add my name here too. I have a (one month old) 2019 Platinum Elite (Canadian model).

I spoke my dealer today, service guy says he's never heard of this. Not happy about the problem but at least now I know it's not just related to my car.

I guess I'll take the car in for a service just to get my car onto Acura's list, Hopefully they will have an update for this eventually
Old 07-16-2019, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear

Having the same problem with my 2020 RDX. Really annoying to have the HUD and the Dash say something different from the center console.
Easily resolved with a cancel route and then restart it, but its really shouldn't be happening at all.
Eagerly waiting for the OTA update to fix it.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:03 AM
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chungaw
Having the same problem with my 2020 RDX. Really annoying to have the HUD and the Dash say something different from the center console.
Easily resolved with a cancel route and then restart it, but its really shouldn't be happening at all.
Eagerly waiting for the OTA update to fix it.
I saw in another thread that if you click on the 'next turn' on the top (left) of the nav screen, it resets the HUD and then you just have to hit the back button. I tried it and it works. Easier than canceling and and restarting the route.)
Old 10-17-2019, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

HUD Navigation Issues

Hello All,

We just purchased a 2020 Acura RDX Advance. We’ve had it for two weeks as of today and have issues with the HUD and Navigation not syncing or the HUD freezing altogether. We took it to the dealer who had never seen this issue before. The navigation was rebooted. On the way home the problem still persists.

Did anyone find a solution that they can share?

I didn’t know I was going to be a beta tester for 2020 Acura RDX Advance HUD, had I known I wouldn’t have purchased the car.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meowiekazowie
Hello All,

We just purchased a 2020 Acura RDX Advance. We’ve had it for two weeks as of today and have issues with the HUD and Navigation not syncing or the HUD freezing altogether. We took it to the dealer who had never seen this issue before. The navigation was rebooted. On the way home the problem still persists.

Did anyone find a solution that they can share?

I didn’t know I was going to be a beta tester for 2020 Acura RDX Advance HUD, had I known I wouldn’t have purchased the car.

Thanks!
Dont believe the dealer when they tell you they haven’t seen the problem before. It’s well documented and Acura has no solution. We were told to wait for a software update which has happened but the problem persists. Get used to lip service and constant problems with your infotainment system. Suggest you join the class action.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:25 AM
Advanced

For the last year and a half I've read Forum post after Forum post about all of the issues with the re-designed RDX.....and still no "fixes" from Acura. Those posts were not just about the HUD but with multiple other issues on this car. I've written before that I for one, can't afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle and at the same time commit myself to becoming an "unpaid Beta Tester". I realize that many new products these days are released with a few manufacturing issues which are typically addressed quickly, but for some unknown reason automobiles have always been the "out-liars". Dissatisfaction with any other product would result in simply returning it for a replacement or return and full refund. Thus the need for a "lemon law" and even with that protection, the consumer is forced into a lengthy procedure that requires the consumer to jump through many hoops and hope the result is favorable and places the "burden of proof" on the consumer.

As I've said before, I refuse to be a Beta Tester and I'm sorry to those who are. No thanks Acura.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rob175
For the last year and a half I've read Forum post after Forum post about all of the issues with the re-designed RDX.....and still no "fixes" from Acura. Those posts were not just about the HUD but with multiple other issues on this car. I've written before that I for one, can't afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle and at the same time commit myself to becoming an "unpaid Beta Tester". I realize that many new products these days are released with a few manufacturing issues which are typically addressed quickly, but for some unknown reason automobiles have always been the "out-liars". Dissatisfaction with any other product would result in simply returning it for a replacement or return and full refund. Thus the need for a "lemon law" and even with that protection, the consumer is forced into a lengthy procedure that requires the consumer to jump through many hoops and hope the result is favorable and places the "burden of proof" on the consumer.

As I've said before, I refuse to be a Beta Tester and I'm sorry to those who are. No thanks Acura.
I couldn’t have said this better. Unfortunately I am stuck as a beta tester because I acquired one of the first 2019 RDX Advance models in June of 2018. Fortunately I leased it so I’m just counting down the months to get rid of the lemon. Meanwhile everyone should join the class action to push Acura to resolve the multiple problems that still persist with their infotainment system. Almost a year and 1/2 later and it is still full of bugs not to mention they still don’t have the promised Android phone connectivity. NO excuse.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Angry

the HUD problem is well known & was the result of the February 19 update. it was not fixed with the more resent late August 2019 update. with all the electrical issues of the 2019+ RDX I'm beginning to think the dealers were told by Acura corporate office to tell customers they have a unique problem instead of revealing the truth that it's plagued with a tremendous # of issues. Because of this my 2019 RDX & 3RD Acura will be my last Acura. they Lost me as a new car buyer going forward

Last edited by Mark S Long Island; 10-18-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:35 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazman
I couldn’t have said this better. Unfortunately I am stuck as a beta tester because I acquired one of the first 2019 RDX Advance models in June of 2018. Fortunately I leased it so I’m just counting down the months to get rid of the lemon. Meanwhile everyone should join the class action to push Acura to resolve the multiple problems that still persist with their infotainment system. Almost a year and 1/2 later and it is still full of bugs not to mention they still don’t have the promised Android phone connectivity. NO excuse.
I could be wrong, but as I understand it from previous class actions I have been notified that I was a part of (without any "joining action on my part) one does not need to "join the class action". If and when it does become an actual "court case", all involved (RDX owners with the issue identified in the "action") will be given a chance to stay in the "class" or not.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:32 AM
Advanced

Correct...... one has to simply DO NOTHING to be part of the "class"....other than to have purchased the vehicle. The manufacturer furnishes the names and addresses of all purchasers of the affected vehicle. In fact, there's no requirement that you even retain the vehicle...just that you bought it and owned it at one time. Obviously, one can "opt-out" of the "class".......but WHY?