8 month review - frustrations mounting

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 06:32 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
8 month review - frustrations mounting

I've had so many issues with my RDX I switched cars with my wife for the weekend. She's had C300 5 years. On start-up both ipod and USB stick instantly play music, never gets stuck on 'initializing' or had to unplug like RDX every single time. AC is COLD and left it on 70. RDX on lowest setting doesn't get cold and I still feel uncomfortably warm. Vented seats do absolutely nothing. Tried coming to a stop then accelerating, and there was zero transmission lag (except for some turbo lag), but doesn't bog staying in a high gear like RDX. No brake squeal. Stalk shifter changes gears immediately with no clunking or hesitation. On a slight hill putting RDX in reverse I roll forward every time, once into oncoming traffic when I pulled up to far into an intersection and tried to reverse. Start-stop doesn't shut off engine when parking. RDX always shuts off hitting park then turns back on before hitting power button (guess I could just hit power and skip the park button, but C300 works properly). Burmester system sounds much better than ELS 3D. There's 2 subs under dash and rest of speakers are balanced. RDX has everything coming from the front unless fading to the trunk. Extra 4 rear speakers vs Tech are useless and can't hear any roof speakers even when turned up in settings. Something as simple as lifting wipers to wash the windshield requires a whole maintence button sequence. I regret trading my NX and driving a 5 year old C300 substantiates the RDX quirks. I didn't even get into all the dealer visits and problems (misaligned doors, sagging headliner, scraping wipers, FM tuner replaced) most of which unresolved with infotainment. I've purchased about 15 1st year models and only one other had issues, but nothing as frustrating as the past 8 months. I paid 44k and trade-in is around 37k so I'll likely be cutting my losses when I find a replacement.