Bluetooth frustrations

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:13 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Bluetooth frustrations

I am curious to know if anyone else has noticed this or has a fix. I have a 4cyl base model and I am using a iphone 6. I have noticed that in a TLX with tech I can not only stream music to the stereo but my playlist is also imported. When I try this in my base model, I'm still able to stream my music but I can't access my playlist. When I hit enter to select my phone it will not go any further. The only way that my playlist is accessed is if I physically plug the phone in via USB. Has anyone else noticed this or is it specific to my car or phone?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, I haven't been able to stream via bluetooth via the car's controls at all yet (I'm only on week 2, still learning). Pandora works as advertised, but I can start a stream via my phone controls (navigating to music on the phone, pressing play). I do have an Advance model, and I am running an iPhone 6 on the latest iOS software.

Thought this was an iPhone limitation, as the behavior was the same on my previous MyLink system from GM. I'm going to have to play around with it some more.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by marklw47
Actually, I haven't been able to stream via bluetooth via the car's controls at all yet (I'm only on week 2, still learning). Pandora works as advertised, but I can start a stream via my phone controls (navigating to music on the phone, pressing play). I do have an Advance model, and I am running an iPhone 6 on the latest iOS software.

Thought this was an iPhone limitation, as the behavior was the same on my previous MyLink system from GM. I'm going to have to play around with it some more.
Interesting. What process are you going through when you are trying to link your phone. Mine picks up as soon as I turn on bluetooth.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sizzle3000
Interesting. What process are you going through when you are trying to link your phone. Mine picks up as soon as I turn on bluetooth.
I actually got it to work last night.
When I would press the Bluetooth button the "now playing" section would default to the last Youtube video I was watching (happened to be a review of the TLX), until I would navigate to music on the phone. I just rebooted the phone, and after about 3 minutes I had access to all my playlists and the controls worked fine from the car.
So it was either operator error on my part, or the phone just needed a reboot.
I have also cleared out the bluetooth device list in the phone (MyLink was still in there from my old car) and that may have been fouling it up as well.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:46 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by marklw47
I actually got it to work last night.
When I would press the Bluetooth button the "now playing" section would default to the last Youtube video I was watching (happened to be a review of the TLX), until I would navigate to music on the phone. I just rebooted the phone, and after about 3 minutes I had access to all my playlists and the controls worked fine from the car.
So it was either operator error on my part, or the phone just needed a reboot.
I have also cleared out the bluetooth device list in the phone (MyLink was still in there from my old car) and that may have been fouling it up as well.
I'm glad you got it figured out. I am beginning to think that there is some sort of software difference in the head unit that only allows access to the play list when you have the tech or advanced packages. I have asked two different acura dealers now and no one seems to know the answer or even that the issue exist.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sizzle3000
I'm glad you got it figured out. I am beginning to think that there is some sort of software difference in the head unit that only allows access to the play list when you have the tech or advanced packages.
There might be: Between the ELS system and the base system. It would seem kind of silly to restrict the playlist access just because of that, though. Maybe give Acura's national customer line a call.