Strange Acura Link issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:27 AM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Strange Acura Link issue

OK, don't know if anyone else ever had this problem. I will put this in time order to keep it straight:
1) Picked up new RDX
2) Down loaded the Acura Link to my Samsung S-6 phone. It worked but was very limited in what it could do.
3) Pushed the magic button in the car and connect to Acura Link and got the account set up. I was told to log onto the site and "complete" the registration. Now the trouble began!
4) I found out my information on the web site was incorrect. Apparently Honda and Acura use the same service providers and they has old information from our 2017 Fit when I signed up there for my wife.
5) Phone call to Customer support started a crazy ride back and forth on phone calls to various people. Honda told me to talk to Acura. Acura sends me back to Honda. I am guessing there was a software issue.
6). Honda gets me straight on making the in-car part of the system working, well pat of it at least, but when I try to actually use the Acura link through my Samsung it fails.
7) The "Acura Link" software doesn't want to work. Each and every time I try to start it I get a lock up or error message. Each time I start the program it t asked me to enter my VIN and then my personal PIN. Each time the PIN is rejected as invalid and canceled.
8) More calls to Acura, they give me a case number and tell me to give them a few days!
9) I get an email, "We are closing your account. Your payment will be refunded." ??
10) A series of emails noting the account is being "Changed". After a few of these it stopped. I try the Acura Link app again and WOW...It actually worked this time! I am assuming they deleted the account and set it back up a few times or something.
10)1 One more try on the phone app and.....now everything is fine, including the remote start, reading tire pressure, etc. started working "as designed". I like it...

Fairy tales can be based on truth. Sometimes they can actually fix these things!
The following 2 users liked this post by hans471:
JB in AZ (04-24-2019), markm929 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Follow up: It was no fun having an issue with a new car over something like this, but, stuff does happen. Once I called them Acura had if fixed in a few hours and then today I got two nice phone calls from Acura home base and Acura Link support making sure all was OK and asking if there were any other problems. I am very happy with how this was handled and will not be critical of the original problem. Sure, its nice when things work 100% on the first try but that doesn't always happen. What is important is that their customer support team jumped on this and got it sorted out in a few hours and then followed up with the customer, me, to make sure all was OK. I like that.
The following 3 users liked this post by hans471:
GW208 (04-24-2019), JB in AZ (04-24-2019), securityguy (04-24-2019)