Latest System Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021 | 12:43 PM
Cruisin'

Latest System Update

Since the latest system update my ATT vehicle plan is not recognized by my car. It says "no Active Data Plan", yet, I do have one and it worked before this update. I called ATT and they verified it and said it was something with my car.
Anyone else have this issue. CWC
Old 12-15-2021 | 11:45 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by CWCJR
Since the latest system update my ATT vehicle plan is not recognized by my car. It says "no Active Data Plan", yet, I do have one and it worked before this update. I called ATT and they verified it and said it was something with my car.
Anyone else have this issue. CWC
you’re lucky to have been able to get the update installed, my 2021 RDX says there is no update available…hence I’m stuck with all the problems
Old 12-24-2021 | 12:01 PM
6th Gear

Latest Systems update

stherria, the reason you have not got the update is because we have Canadian models which run sometimes months behind the updates given to our US cousins.
Old 01-01-2022 | 06:34 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by stherria
you’re lucky to have been able to get the update installed, my 2021 RDX says there is no update available…hence I’m stuck with all the problems
So I am a US owner with a 2019 RDX. This latest letter dated 12-15-21 AcuraLink discussing the termination of the 3G network and the need to do an update before 2-22-22 for AcuraLink to still have functionality. Is this the discussion of this thread? So far my car says as well "no update available". I could not find a version to confirm what I am downloading. This is a different update from Acura D 1.6.2 . My car has the latest Acura software but I believe this is just for AcuraLink and 3G network. At least Acura seems to be trying. I have a 2019 VW and they said "sorry you will lose functionality when 3G goes" and VW doesn't care.
Old 01-03-2022 | 07:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JAGjr
So I am a US owner with a 2019 RDX. This latest letter dated 12-15-21 AcuraLink discussing the termination of the 3G network and the need to do an update before 2-22-22 for AcuraLink to still have functionality. Is this the discussion of this thread? So far my car says as well "no update available". I could not find a version to confirm what I am downloading. This is a different update from Acura D 1.6.2 . My car has the latest Acura software but I believe this is just for AcuraLink and 3G network. At least Acura seems to be trying. I have a 2019 VW and they said "sorry you will lose functionality when 3G goes" and VW doesn't care.
I have not seen any instructions to download the network functionality separately from the normal infotainment updates that we get every several months or so. I have a 2019 RDX too. I would say that if the icon on the home screen does not indicate that there is an update awaiting, then you are all set. I have also not seen any documentation that there is a level beyond D.1.6.2 that contains the required network functionality. I agree that the instructions are not very good with respect to how to validate that the system is now compliant. I'd say just try to do an update a couple of times and it will probably say that the system is up to date. There is nothing more that I know of that needs to be done or can be done.

Last edited by gtssenior; 01-03-2022 at 07:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JAGjr (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022 | 10:34 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by gtssenior
I have not seen any instructions to download the network functionality separately from the normal infotainment updates that we get every several months or so. I have a 2019 RDX too. I would say that if the icon on the home screen does not indicate that there is an update awaiting, then you are all set. I have also not seen any documentation that there is a level beyond D.1.6.2 that contains the required network functionality. I agree that the instructions are not very good with respect to how to validate that the system is now compliant. I'd say just try to do an update a couple of times and it will probably say that the system is up to date. There is nothing more that I know of that needs to be done or can be done.
If you scan the QR code on the letter update from AcuraLink it's seems to indicate this is only a cell network uodate.

It talks about the green LED between the LINK and ASSIST will blink during the update.
Old 01-03-2022 | 12:05 PM
Cruisin'

So more information on the wireless network update. I spoke with Acura IT today and this is a separate update. He was able to look up my information and my car is up to date for infotainment software version. This cell network OTA download is different. He gave me a case number and if the update is not pushed to my car by the end of January to call back. February 22 is the deadline or you will lose all AcuraLink functions and cell network functionality. Of course he doesn't know why the letter came out and the update hasn't. Seems to be typical for the world now.
Old 01-03-2022 | 04:06 PM
Racer

So more information on the wireless network update. I spoke with Acura IT today and this is a separate update. He was able to look up my information and my car is up to date for infotainment software version. This cell network OTA download is different. He gave me a case number and if the update is not pushed to my car by the end of January to call back. February 22 is the deadline or you will lose all AcuraLink functions and cell network functionality. Of course he doesn't know why the letter came out and the update hasn't. Seems to be typical for the world now.
So you are saying that the system level of D1.6.2 is not a sufficient indication that a fix has been installed to work beyond Feb 22? If so, I guess we need to pay attention to a new update icon appearing on the home screen even if at D1.6.2 is installed. Did the tech you talked to indicate if there was a software level on the SYSTEM ABOUT screen that would indicate if the cell network update had been applied? Thanks for chasing this down.
JAGjr (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022 | 04:50 PM
Cruisin'

So you are saying that the system level of D1.6.2 is not a sufficient indication that a fix has been installed to work beyond Feb 22? If so, I guess we need to pay attention to a new update icon appearing on the home screen even if at D1.6.2 is installed. Did the tech you talked to indicate if there was a software level on the SYSTEM ABOUT screen that would indicate if the cell network update had been applied? Thanks for chasing this down.
Correct. This update is not related to D1.6.2. If you didn't get the letter there is a link on the Acura Owner page right at the top explaining everything. This is strictly a wireless cell update so AcuraLink will work when 3G is turned off February 22, 2022. There is no version to see but looking at the update instructions you will know when you installed it. This is an update to the embedded wireless cell device instead of the infotainment.

Last edited by JAGjr; 01-03-2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2022 | 10:12 AM
Racer

Correct. This update is not related to D1.6.2. If you didn't get the letter there is a link on the Acura Owner page right at the top explaining everything. This is strictly a wireless cell update so AcuraLink will work when 3G is turned off February 22, 2022. There is no version to see but looking at the update instructions you will know when you installed it. This is an update to the embedded wireless cell device instead of the infotainment.
If your words here were included in the instructions from Acura about the necessary update from 3G to 4G/LTE then things would have been a lot more clear. Thank you. The initial info on moving away from 3G came out about the same time as the D1.6.2 update so at least in my mind it was not clear that there were two separate updates rather than just the one..
Old 01-06-2022 | 10:40 AM
Racer

I decided to call the AcuraLink 800 number myself and was told that if the update icon did not appear on my infotainment system by the end of January to call my dealer. It was a very choppy call with me having to repeat myself several times until he understood what I was asking. He just kept saying you have until Feb 22 to do this update over and over. I will probably call the dealer service department in a week or so and see what they have to say.
Old 01-06-2022 | 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

I decided to call the AcuraLink 800 number myself and was told that if the update icon did not appear on my infotainment system by the end of January to call my dealer. It was a very choppy call with me having to repeat myself several times until he understood what I was asking. He just kept saying you have until Feb 22 to do this update over and over. I will probably call the dealer service department in a week or so and see what they have to say.
Thanks for trying to. I know my dealership service isn't going to have a clue what's going on and just scratch their head. The bad thing is the dealer is going to say they have to install a new wireless embedded device at our expense which is the end result of not doing the update by 2/22. I'm surprised you and I are the only ones on this thread.. This has to be a problem among all the Acura models of our year make.
Old 01-06-2022 | 11:43 AM
Advanced

You aren't the only one with the problem.

I did the 1.6.2 update and am still waiting for the 3G->4G update to appear. I check System Updates every day and still nothing for the 3G update. I have a 2019 RDX Advanced.
JAGjr (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022 | 12:07 PM
3rd Gear

I did the software update D1.6.2 and the Map update 2021.08.04 and was successful. I thought I was done with all this until I read this thread. My car was built in July of 2021 and I purchased it in late August of 2021. I called my dealer yesterday and after verifying all my information along with the Vin # they told me my car was already updated for the 3G update. I was told they did it before I bought the car. I ask if there was a way I could verify this and they said I just did. I'm still not real confident this update was done. Does anyone know if there is a way to verify the car has the update?
Old 01-06-2022 | 01:00 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks to EE4LIFE for posting this in another thread to verify your car has the 3G update.

See TSB 21-029 - Product Improvement Campaign: 3G TCU VoLTE OTA Update in the 2019-2021 TSB threads for instructions on how to verify the various software versions installed.

Yes my car has the 3G update!!
Old 01-06-2022 | 01:47 PM
Advanced

Just checked my RDX and it has the update. 2019 RDX Advanced. YAY!!! Thanks for the information on how to check for the update.
Old 01-06-2022 | 03:19 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RJRDX
Thanks to EE4LIFE for posting this in another thread to verify your car has the 3G update.

See TSB 21-029 - Product Improvement Campaign: 3G TCU VoLTE OTA Update in the 2019-2021 TSB threads for instructions on how to verify the various software versions installed.

Yes my car has the 3G update!!
Yes thank you for this information and the TSB verification from EE4LIFE. I was able to confirm mine is updated. AcuraLink tech support is the worst. Could have saved a lot of time being able to verify the TSB version numbers in the dealer diagnostics area on the infotainment. I didn't even know about dealer diagnostics on the infotainment screen.

Last edited by JAGjr; 01-06-2022 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2022 | 03:26 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RJRDX
I did the software update D1.6.2 and the Map update 2021.08.04 and was successful. I thought I was done with all this until I read this thread. My car was built in July of 2021 and I purchased it in late August of 2021. I called my dealer yesterday and after verifying all my information along with the Vin # they told me my car was already updated for the 3G update. I was told they did it before I bought the car. I ask if there was a way I could verify this and they said I just did. I'm still not real confident this update was done. Does anyone know if there is a way to verify the car has the update?
Yes. Follow the 3G TSB 21-029 instructions how to get into the dealer diagnostics on the infotainment screen and it lists the update version numbers to verify on the screen.

Last edited by JAGjr; 01-06-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2022 | 07:47 AM
Racer

Yes thank you for this information and the TSB verification from EE4LIFE. I was able to confirm mine is updated. AcuraLink tech support is the worst. Could have saved a lot of time being able to verify the TSB version numbers in the dealer diagnostics area on the infotainment. I didn't even know about dealer diagnostics on the infotainment screen.
Mine was updated to the 4G level on 11/15/2021 according to the screen. If I remember, that was about the time I updated to D.1.6.2. It seems that the TCU update was an addendum install to the D.1.6.2 infotainment update. The TSB verification did want you to first verify that you are at the D.1.6.2 level before checking the TCU level, so perhaps the theory that the update was both an infotainment update and a TCU update holds some water. Rather than rant how the instructions from Acura to owners could have been more clear, I will call the glass half full and say how the group huddle on this thread really was beneficial.
Old 01-08-2022 | 04:39 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the info on the TSB. After checking mine has been updated as well.
Old 01-09-2022 | 02:06 PM
Touring

Just a note on the TSB. In Step 5 where you press the 3 top buttons, you have to hold them in for several seconds. Pressing them momentarily doesn't work. I did the update last week in my 2021 Advance which I picked up in early June. It all checked out just fine.
Old 01-10-2022 | 07:07 PM
Cruisin'

My 2021 Tech was also updated. Thanks for all the info. Possible problem out of my mind now.
Old 02-10-2022 | 10:05 AM
Intermediate

So I'm trying to access the TSB so I can confirm my vehicle is updated, but the links over on the TSB sticky don't seem to work for me. One gives me a blank screen and the other says I am not authorized to access. Can anyone post a proper link to the TSB? Thank you!
Old 02-10-2022 | 12:17 PM
Advanced

This works for me.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B21-029.PDF

Old 02-10-2022 | 12:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by arjaykay
Thanks! I got it to work with a different browser. For some reason it wouldn't open in Chrome.
Old 02-22-2022 | 11:11 AM
Racer

Today is Feb 22, the day that AT&T is scheduled to turn off the 3G network. I guess I will verify tomorrow that I still have connectivity not knowing what time today this will happen.. I would expect that the presence of a green light on the left side of the upper console above the windshield showing connectivity to Acuralink would be sufficient to make that confirmation since the 3G signal will supposedly be gone. I am sure there are other verification methods, but that sounds the simplest.