Infotainment Error - Changing favorite stations

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Infotainment Error - Changing favorite stations

Today while driving I selected via the steering wheel button to change the XM Radio station playing to another station in my favorites but instead of changing and displaying the next selected channel the pop up banner in the gage panel displayed the following/similar message: "Error; function not available" I tried several times to change the station both via the steering wheel and the buttons on the dashboard without any luck. Since I was driving I decided to go to the FM Station favorites and as soon as the system switched over I proceeded to change the station via the steering wheel and it worked as it should. I stayed on the FM Radio a few minutes then I switched back to XM and the system returned to normal. Anyone else experience these issues?

3G RDX Tech w/ SH-AWD
Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 AM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by EddieN
Today while driving I selected via the steering wheel button to change the XM Radio station playing to another station in my favorites but instead of changing and displaying the next selected channel the pop up banner in the gage panel displayed the following/similar message: "Error; function not available" I tried several times to change the station both via the steering wheel and the buttons on the dashboard without any luck. Since I was driving I decided to go to the FM Station favorites and as soon as the system switched over I proceeded to change the station via the steering wheel and it worked as it should. I stayed on the FM Radio a few minutes then I switched back to XM and the system returned to normal. Anyone else experience these issues?

3G RDX Tech w/ SH-AWD
I have had a few infrequent transient problems with the channel selector on the steering column especially for XM but not at a level of frequency to be re-creatable on demand so I am not going to take it in for service. Most of the time it is just not doing anything when you push the scroll button from side to side attempting to go through your favorites with no error message so I have a different symptom. I don't recall of the forward and backward buttons on the dash not working. I guess I will put my faith in a future software update to correct this and some of the other annoyance type issues.
The following users liked this post:
EddieN (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I have had some issues with no favorites established, and there are favorites on the main screen. Sometimes they come back.
EddieN (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gtssenior
I have had a few infrequent transient problems with the channel selector on the steering column especially for XM but not at a level of frequency to be re-creatable on demand so I am not going to take it in for service. Most of the time it is just not doing anything when you push the scroll button from side to side attempting to go through your favorites with no error message so I have a different symptom. I don't recall of the forward and backward buttons on the dash not working. I guess I will put my faith in a future software update to correct this and some of the other annoyance type issues.
Good to know that it's not a frequent issue that we are dealing with; if the error happens again I'll take a picture of the error message and start documenting.

Cheers!
Old 08-30-2018, 08:31 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I have had some issues with no favorites established, and there are favorites on the main screen. Sometimes they come back.
Thanks hopefully these errors go away in a future update; just glad that the system reset by switching the tuner back and forth!
Old 08-30-2018, 08:33 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I expect that they are working on the glitches. That is why it is important to make tickets for them to address.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I expect that they are working on the glitches. That is why it is important to make tickets for them to address.
Done, submitted online ticket! Thaniks!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:42 AM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by gtssenior
An update on this from observations this morning while running several errands and turning the vehicle off and on a few times....
The left scroll wheel appears to be non functional in terms of selecting channels.for several seconds after the radio has initialized. The backward and forward buttons on the dash appear to be operational right away. Soon the scroll wheel works properly. This behavior seems to be the same for XM and FM. It is as if the path from the scroll wheel to the radio takes longer to initialize than the radio itself. Some people would call this an operational characteristic, some would call it a bug, and some would call it both I suppose. It is not a biggie compared to some of the other issues posted in this forum. When everything appears to be initialized after starting the vehicle, the scroll wheel seems to work fine so far in the limited time I have played around with it in the context of this "issue".
Old 08-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
This has been reported numerous times to Acura and my vehicle is the guinea pig to resolve the many issues with the Infotainment system. A system update is coming soon
EddieN (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Meto
This has been reported numerous times to Acura and my vehicle is the guinea pig to resolve the many issues with the Infotainment system. A system update is coming soon
Thanks for the info, good to know that these issues may be resolved soon!
Old 11-20-2023, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
I have this problem from time to time...not specific to XM..I see it on FM, Is there a fix for it? To me it seems to happen soon after startup. I am thinking the system hasn't completely booted up yet???? Anyways it's annoying..the only way to solve from what I can tell is to park, and shut down the vehicle...Restart in a bit...30 seconds or less...I don't think it's a MOST Bus issue? but could be wrong

Any inputs would be appreciated
Old 11-21-2023, 04:06 AM
Umpire #27

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rdx4me?
I have this problem from time to time...not specific to XM..I see it on FM, Is there a fix for it? To me it seems to happen soon after startup. I am thinking the system hasn't completely booted up yet???? Anyways it's annoying..the only way to solve from what I can tell is to park, and shut down the vehicle...Restart in a bit...30 seconds or less...I don't think it's a MOST Bus issue? but could be wrong

Any inputs would be appreciated
2022 Aspec Adv. I use my steering wheel to change stations all the time and realize it doesn’t work from time to time - usually just after start up. I found if you manually change the station using the touch pad one time, the scroll wheel on the steering wheel suddenly starts working again? Weird 🤷‍♂️. Minor annoyance but beats shutting car off and turning it back on again
Old 11-22-2023, 12:28 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by salgiaco
2022 Aspec Adv. I use my steering wheel to change stations all the time and realize it doesn’t work from time to time - usually just after start up. I found if you manually change the station using the touch pad one time, the scroll wheel on the steering wheel suddenly starts working again? Weird 🤷‍♂️. Minor annoyance but beats shutting car off and turning it back on again

Good tip...it happened today and this 'reset' worked