Favorite stations . . . Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Favorite stations . . . Am I missing something?

Is there no way to just have one favorite station list? It seems that I can only create favorite XM stations, then have to go through menus to switch to FM, in order to get to FM station favorites. Is there a way to just have a single favorite list that has my favorite stations, no matter where the source?
Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
That would be very handy!
Old 06-26-2018, 07:45 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
I think so...

....but I cannot try it myself until tomorrow. We can add a “shortcut” for favorite stations to our homepage screen, for FM, AM, and XM stations (see pages 275 and 280 of Owner’s Manual for guidance). Try making shortcuts for stations from different modes, in your desired order. I hope we can also move those shortcut icons around on the homepages so they are on one page, then we can press the “home” button and swipe to that page and choose the station we want, with the mode changing automatically depending on the selected shortcut.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Favorite station

No way to have same favorite list for AM, FM, XM. You will need to get into each separetely to get to the favorites.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:14 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to DELETE a station from the favorites? There are some default favorites that I'd like to get rid off in XM and AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
Has anyone figured out how to DELETE a station from the favorites? There are some default favorites that I'd like to get rid off in XM and AM.
Select and hold the icon and there should be a choice to remove it from favorites
Old 07-01-2018, 01:26 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave48103
Is there no way to just have one favorite station list? It seems that I can only create favorite XM stations, then have to go through menus to switch to FM, in order to get to FM station favorites. Is there a way to just have a single favorite list that has my favorite stations, no matter where the source?
Well, today I discovered (and maybe I'm late to the game), but you can add favorites from any of the selectables (XM, AM, FM), to the Main Menu! Just hold down on the pad when you're on the chosen favorite, then you can select "add to Main Menu" (or something like that). There it will go. You can then arrange the icons on separate pages by holding and dragging them from page to page.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:17 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by robuckj
....we can...choose the station we want, with the mode changing automatically depending on the selected shortcut.
Yep, finally tried it. When you select a shortcut you’ve made, whether an XM, FM, or AM station, the mode will change as appropriate with no further input from us.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
Well, today I discovered (and maybe I'm late to the game), but you can add favorites from any of the selectables (XM, AM, FM), to the Main Menu! Just hold down on the pad when you're on the chosen favorite, then you can select "add to Main Menu" (or something like that). There it will go. You can then arrange the icons on separate pages by holding and dragging them from page to page.
Now that's a great discovery!
Old 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Is 2 pages of main menu shortcuts the max or will it add more pages if you add more shortcuts?
Old 08-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I think I read somewhere that you can keep going for a few pages.

But why?

If they really are a favorite, you know what they are. Today, I used voice commands (to test it out) and said “play XM, the Bridge” it found it, and started playing. So then I tried the local FM station, and said “play 100 point 7 FM” and it played that. I tried an AM station, and it played that, I said “play XM channel 6” and it played that. Then I said “play XM Fifties on Five”. And it responded, “Gee Wizz, make up your mind; I can’t stand working for youse guys who can’t remember what they like.”

If it’s one thing I can’t stand, it is an impatient computer personal assistant. While I feel free to get tough with Siri on my iPad sitting in front of the TV, I do have to wonder at the wisdom of ticking off the computer assistant in my car. What if I hit the brakes, and hear “No. I am mad at you. How could you say that about me?” With sniffles, no less, as I drive into a ditch.
The following users liked this post:
billyt1963 (08-04-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 04:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
...Today, I used voice commands (to test it out) and said “play XM, the Bridge” it found it, and started playing. So then I tried the local FM station, and said “play 100 point 7 FM” and it played that. I tried an AM station, and it played that, I said “play XM channel 6” and it played that. Then I said “play XM Fifties on Five”. And it responded, “Gee Wizz, make up your mind; I can’t stand working for youse guys who can’t remember what they like.”

If it’s one thing I can’t stand, it is an impatient computer personal assistant. While I feel free to get tough with Siri on my iPad sitting in front of the TV, I do have to wonder at the wisdom of ticking off the computer assistant in my car. What if I hit the brakes, and hear “No. I am mad at you. How could you say that about me?” With sniffles, no less, as I drive into a ditch.