Infotainment continued issues- now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 03:43 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infotainment continued issues- now what?

Hi, my problems just continue. The dealer is no help. I have had a case opened with Acura since April ( I bought the car March 20th). Still cannot listen to music with the exception of the radio or Sirius. System still freezers and car play doesn’t work. What do I do next? Attorney General, Better business bureau, attorney? Any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by tmknies
Hi, my problems just continue. The dealer is no help. I have had a case opened with Acura since April ( I bought the car March 20th). Still cannot listen to music with the exception of the radio or Sirius. System still freezers and car play doesn’t work. What do I do next? Attorney General, Better business bureau, attorney? Any suggestions?
Have you contacted the district manager of Acura?
Old 08-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Join the class action lawsuit.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:47 AM
8th Gear

No direct contact with the district rep. Everything has been through the dealer and Acura rep who do not appear to be talking. Horrible customer service
Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
No direct contact with the district rep. Everything has been through the dealer and Acura rep who do not appear to be talking. Horrible customer service
Request the contact information for the District Service Manager and show him all of the problems. Like I said before, document, take pictures and video to prove to Acura there are problems. This is how I managed to get out of mine while actually making a profit..
The following users liked this post:
tmknies (08-14-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Meto
Request the contact information for the District Service Manager and show him all of the problems. Like I said before, document, take pictures and video to prove to Acura there are problems. This is how I managed to get out of mine while actually making a profit..
You’re very lucky. Didn’t know you can actually make a profit from this. I’ve never heard of that before, only buybacks, but never a profit.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
You’re very lucky. Didn’t know you can actually make a profit from this. I’ve never heard of that before, only buybacks, but never a profit.
Yeah. The proof is in the proof. And also definition of profit.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Yeah. The proof is in the proof. And also definition of profit.
I profited because Acura paid me $5000 during ownership after all of my complaints and then paid me retail on my sell back to the Dealership..
JB in AZ (08-12-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 02:25 PM
8th Gear

At least you were made whole. I cannot in good faith sell the vehicle with the problems as is. I actually have to drive out of state to visit my son in college and can’t listen to my music. 50k for a car and can’t listen to my music. Horrible.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Racer

At least you were made whole. I cannot in good faith sell the vehicle with the problems as is. I actually have to drive out of state to visit my son in college and can’t listen to my music. 50k for a car and can’t listen to my music. Horrible.
Sorry you have to experience what I went through. Apparently my vehicle was sent back to Acura and not put back on the lot
tmknies (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 02:51 PM
8th Gear

Meto, did Acura at least respond to you? The customer service is just deplorable. I have never experienced anything like this.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Racer

Meto, did Acura at least respond to you? The customer service is just deplorable. I have never experienced anything like this.
Not until I escalated to the District Service Manager. I provided video, pictures and other information backing my claims. Then things started happening in my favor.
tmknies (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 02:57 PM
8th Gear

Thanks
Old 08-18-2019, 01:15 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Metro, how were you able to contact the district service manager ? Through the dealer ? My car started off with infotainment issues but not it started to migrate to the instrument cluster . When my infotainment goes out , the cluster goes out in. No tach no speedometer . Contacted client relations and made a case, which that are no help. Stated that it’s a known issue . Told me to wait for an update . Dealer has no idea how to fix it . Also told me to wait for this update and take my car back with the problem still there .
Old 08-21-2019, 06:24 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had enough

This will be the third time my 2019 rdx has been in the shop for the infotainment system. It Completely goes black, radio turns off , the speedometer screen even turns off. So far Acura has not been able to find a solution. They keep telling me this is a common problem . While I was in the shop the last time another customer came in with a 2020 with the same problem. I think Acura shouldnt be allowed to sell any more until they figure out how to fix this. I'm truly disgusted with the whole thing.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Kellyanno
This will be the third time my 2019 rdx has been in the shop for the infotainment system. It Completely goes black, radio turns off , the speedometer screen even turns off. So far Acura has not been able to find a solution. They keep telling me this is a common problem . While I was in the shop the last time another customer came in with a 2020 with the same problem. I think Acura shouldnt be allowed to sell any more until they figure out how to fix this. I'm truly disgusted with the whole thing.
I have the exact same problem !!!! Was my car was in the shop August 12. Tried to “fix” my issue and even had the tech drive it all weekend home . They were unable to duplicate the issue . Took my car back August 19. Not even 24 hours of receiving my car back my infotainment cuts out and cluster shuts off while driving at times . But now radio , sat radio, nav and car play does not work at all . August 21 , I drive it right back to the dealer .
Old 08-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Drifting

Received 1,025 Likes on 715 Posts
Look to your state’s lemon laws, and document, document, document.

Be clear in your own mind what outcome you want, other than for them to fix it, of course.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Bluerdxaspec
I have the exact same problem !!!! Was my car was in the shop August 12. Tried to “fix” my issue and even had the tech drive it all weekend home . They were unable to duplicate the issue . Took my car back August 19. Not even 24 hours of receiving my car back my infotainment cuts out and cluster shuts off while driving at times . But now radio , sat radio, nav and car play does not work at all . August 21 , I drive it right back to the dealer .
Same thing with mine early on.. See an issue, take it to the dealer and they could not replicate. Started taking pictures and video of these incidents and they escalated to the District Service Manager. They replaced my head unit twice, but problems still occurred and they gave me a $5000 payment as compensation for my many issues. I can't say it enough that you need to document, take pictures and video. I finally pointed my dash cam straight to the units screen to catch these crazy random things..

My other suggestion is to force the dealers hand to buy it back from you or threaten Lemon Law.. You may get a buyback like I did for the amount I was satisfied with.

Just my .02

On a side note, The Palisade is awesome.. 1000 miles in and not one hiccup. The infotainment system is the BEST in the industry hands down
Old 08-24-2019, 02:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Meto
Same thing with mine early on.. See an issue, take it to the dealer and they could not replicate. Started taking pictures and video of these incidents and they escalated to the District Service Manager. They replaced my head unit twice, but problems still occurred and they gave me a $5000 payment as compensation for my many issues. I can't say it enough that you need to document, take pictures and video. I finally pointed my dash cam straight to the units screen to catch these crazy random things..

My other suggestion is to force the dealers hand to buy it back from you or threaten Lemon Law.. You may get a buyback like I did for the amount I was satisfied with.

Just my .02

On a side note, The Palisade is awesome.. 1000 miles in and not one hiccup. The infotainment system is the BEST in the industry hands down
From what I’ve read and seen by reviewers, Mercedes Benz has the best infotainment system in the industry. You can use three different inputs to control it: the touchpad, the steering wheel, or the touchscreen itself. It also has the smoothest and quickest responsive system, with some reviewers resembling it to a current gen smartphone.

The Palisade looks like a hearse to me because of the awkward rear pillar design, but a lot of people do like it. Reviewers do praise it, but it has a completely different driving dynamic than the RDX. The blind spot camera on the Palisade receives a lot of praise.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 08-24-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:27 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
From what I’ve read and seen by reviewers, Mercedes Benz has the best infotainment system in the industry. ....
FCA's infotainment systems are also highly rated by reviewers, yet I wouldn't even consider any FCA product. (I don't know, but I doubt this is a result of their past association with MB)

The infotainment system, while now probably an integral part of any vehicle purchase decision, is not the top consideration. Here are just a few I consider when deciding on a new vehicle. Expected reliability, driving dynamics, resale value, comfort, amenities, price, fuel economy, capacity, appearance, tactile feel of switches, the sound the doors make when closing, the way I feel when I sit in the driver's seat....
Old 08-31-2019, 07:56 PM
9th Gear

So I picked up my car yesterday from the dealer . They claim my issue was my tuner unit being faulty and my aftermarket footwell lights that was tapped to the cigarette lighter was issue. My LED lights that are secured to the bottom section of my lower dash trim is causing excessive heat . This was coming from my field engineer . So after 4 hours of driving , all my issues with the infotainment and the cluster happens again . So now it’s back at the dealer .....
Old 08-31-2019, 08:20 PM
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 137 Posts
From what I’ve read and seen by reviewers, Mercedes Benz has the best infotainment system in the industry. You can use three different inputs to control it: the touchpad, the steering wheel, or the touchscreen itself. It also has the smoothest and quickest responsive system, with some reviewers resembling it to a current gen smartphone.

The Palisade looks like a hearse to me because of the awkward rear pillar design, but a lot of people do like it. Reviewers do praise it, but it has a completely different driving dynamic than the RDX. The blind spot camera on the Palisade receives a lot of praise.
I was headed that way. The MB is my first choice and may go to the dealer next week. I am sure it will not be as spirited as the Aspec cruising around in sport plus 24/7 but should be solid.