Driver 1 and 2 Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Driver 1 and 2 Settings

I still have 2 more weeks until I get my RDX, so this may be obvious but. . .

Are driver 1 and 2 settings set to the key or to the car? I ask because I'm wondering if going on a trip if it is possible to switch back and forth. I've experienced based on a key and it really isn't.

Also, can the passenger seat settings be saved? If so, how does that work?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:32 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirate Princess
I still have 2 more weeks until I get my RDX, so this may be obvious but. . .

Are driver 1 and 2 settings set to the key or to the car? I ask because I'm wondering if going on a trip if it is possible to switch back and forth. I've experienced based on a key and it really isn't.

Also, can the passenger seat settings be saved? If so, how does that work?
I'm not clear what you mean by being set to the key or the car, but there is a fob 1 and fob 2, and inside the car, on the driver's door, are buttons 1 and 2. As you open the driver's door with a fob in your pocket or purse, that fob's setting will automatically adjust the seat and side mirrors. If you are asking if you quickly switch driver's with the car running and both fobs inside the car? Then you can just hit the 1 or 2 button on the door to change drivers.

Passenger seat settings are not saved for different passengers. Since I tend to drive when my wife and I are both in the car, the passenger seat is set for her, and I try not to adjust anything if she drives, other than moving the seat back. She was still tweaking the passenger seat last night, and we've had the car for 6 weeks, so I'm not about to mess with it.
The following users liked this post:
B25Nut (08-28-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 06:54 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Driver 1 activates memory setting 1 and driver 2 activates memory setting 2.

While in the car, you could simply press 1 or 2 if you switch drivers. Other brands may work differently.

Does this answer your question?
Old 08-25-2018, 07:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you both

Yes. Thank you both. Answers it perfectly. A little disappointing that the passenger seat can't be saved though.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Also waiting on our Advance to arrive, and curious. What all gets saved to memory with driver 1 and 2 besides the 16 adjustments on the seats? Side view mirror positions? HUD settings? i.e.- my wife didn’t like the HUD during the test drive, so she may want it off, while I want it on with my preferred settings for what’s shown. Anything else tied to driver 1 and driver 2?
Old 08-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Master47
...What all gets saved to memory with driver 1 and 2 besides the 16 adjustments on the seats? Side view mirror positions? HUD settings?...
Per the owner's manual only the seat position settings and outside mirrors. Some of the 16 seat adjustments have to do with the head restraints and those are mechanical adjustments so most likely not tied to memory settings as they cannot be adjusted electrically - same with the interior RVM and the steering wheel adjustments. No mention of HUD so probably not.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Per the owner's manual only the seat position settings and outside mirrors. Some of the 16 seat adjustments have to do with the head restraints and those are mechanical adjustments so most likely not tied to memory settings as they cannot be adjusted electrically - same with the interior RVM and the steering wheel adjustments. No mention of HUD so probably not.
I felt like when I was reading the manual there were hints of other things being connected to #1 and #2 remote transmitters as part of the “customized options” section. As I was trying to find an example of what I mean by “hints,” I found one that is straight forward and it comes out and says it: Page 427 it talks about last driving mode being connected to each remote transmitter (fob). In other words if I last drove in Sport, my transmitter would change it back to sport the next time I drove, even though my wife may have last had it in comfort.

It would be nice if there were other items tied to some deeper menu settings (I.e.- the HUD) in addition to this one that involves the easiest knob in the car to adjust to the right “setting.”

Last edited by Master47; 08-28-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:19 AM
Burning Brakes

...Page 427 it talks about last driving mode being connected to each remote transmitter (fob)...
Oops, I knew but forgot about that one. As for what else, it may be that anything controllable electronically could be remembered - although it's been demonstrated that the MID setting is not one of them. The OM is vague (or silent) about a number of things so a lot is being learned through trial-and-error and experimentation. It's all part of the 'fun' of a new, first year, clean sheet design vehicle.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:33 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Yeah. There is a lot that is not explained. I would have liked it if every electronic setting, preference, and electronically operated positioning were saved with the remote and assigned to remote 1 or 2. But, no.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Oops, I knew but forgot about that one. As for what else, it may be that anything controllable electronically could be remembered - although it's been demonstrated that the MID setting is not one of them. The OM is vague (or silent) about a number of things so a lot is being learned through trial-and-error and experimentation. It's all part of the 'fun' of a new, first year, clean sheet design vehicle.
I think the mid is remembered - I put mine on tire pressure one day and stopped for gas and to put air on, I turned the car off completely and when I got back in, the tire pressure was displaying still. I don’t think k it’s tied to the driver or fob, just whatever the car was last displaying.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12

I think the mid is remembered - I put mine on tire pressure one day and stopped for gas and to put air on, I turned the car off completely and when I got back in, the tire pressure was displaying still. I don’t think k it’s tied to the driver or fob, just whatever the car was last displaying.
I'm pretty sure it is for a short period but after an, as yet to be determined, longer period it will go back to the default trip meter.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:23 PM
Burning Brakes

...Anything else tied to driver 1 and driver 2?
Just ran across this in the owners manual. Was not aware of it because so far I'm the only driver and use only 1 fob.
When the power mode is turned off, the drive mode that the vehicle was in is registered with the vehicle. When the vehicle is driven the
next time, it detects which remote transmitter is being used and then reactivates or changes the drive mode that the vehicle was in the last time the same transmitter was used.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:33 PM
Racer

Yes, on pg 427 as noted in my post #7 above, or are you referring to something different?
Old 08-31-2018, 07:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, on pg 427 as noted in my post #7 above, or are you referring to something different?
Nope, Sam thing - just missed seeing it in your post.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:59 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having trouble when I get into my car in the morning (key fob 1) the seats are not setting to setting 1 they go to setting 2, even though key fob 2 is in the house. I do use fob 2 to start the car from my upstairs bathroom some days. But don't carry fob 2. I haven't used the remote start for a few days and it still sets my seat to #2 and I have to switch it before I take off. Any thoughts on what I can do to get the fobs linked back appropriately? Never had this issue before. My TLX had 2 fobs and it was very obvious which was which (radio background colors were different). I also miss the short cut buttons from my TLX.

If anyone can think of something that might remedy this, let me know please.

Susan
Old 12-17-2021, 03:57 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by sdonnelly691
I'm having trouble when I get into my car in the morning (key fob 1) the seats are not setting to setting 1 they go to setting 2, even though key fob 2 is in the house. I do use fob 2 to start the car from my upstairs bathroom some days. But don't carry fob 2. I haven't used the remote start for a few days and it still sets my seat to #2 and I have to switch it before I take off. Any thoughts on what I can do to get the fobs linked back appropriately?
My first step is to look at the lights on the door to see which one is illuminated. If #1 is illuminated then it appears that the key is being recognized properly and linking the key isn't the problem.

The second step is to determine if the proper positions are stored in the memory. If you press the #1 button will it cause the seats/mirrors to move to the correct locations?

The third step is to determine if the problem only occurs for the #1 FOB. Do the seats move properly when you use FOB #2 or do you have to use the door button to get the correct position.

The next step is to determine if the seats are moving exactly into the #2 settings or are they actually moving into a random setting. If you were to move the seat all the way back before locking the door, will it move exactly to the #2 memory position when you unlock it with FOB #1? A good indicator of this is to press the #2 button and see if the seats move further,

There is a setting in the menu to turn "Driver Position Link" on or off. However I think that would also cause the seats to ignore the #2 FOB as well.

Just in case something got corrupted, I suggest opening the door with FOB #1, re-setting the seat positions manually, and then re-save the new positions into memory location #1
Old 12-18-2021, 11:36 AM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts
This is somewhat of a mystery to me also. With our 2014 RDX, I had #1 and my wife was #2 (the ales guy set it up, not me). She carries her fob in her purse, I carry it in my pocket. Often when we would get in the car together it would set the seats to #2 even tho I opened the driver's door. Kinda weird but I figured it had something to do with timing or position of the fob relative to the sensor. A few times I had both fobs in my pocket and it consistently set to hers...#2. I figured it might be battery strength so I put a new battery in mine but it still did the same thing...it would take hers, not mine, even tho they were in the same pocket. OK, no biggie, we thought it was funny. She figured the car liked her more.

So, we bought the 2021 but this time she has #1 and I have #2. Funny thing is, the new car also takes hers over mine. WTF? Maybe RDX's just prefer women? Maybe I have some strange RF blocking aura or something? Who knows? Very weird.

Again, not a big deal for us, more something to laugh about. But still...