Continued infotainment issues after FARKA connector update and amplifier replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024 | 02:00 PM
Cruisin'

Continued infotainment issues after FARKA connector update and amplifier replacement

Curious if anyone has gone through getting MOST communication Lost messages, tuner not found and other issues (crackle and then reboot, or screen stays off for minutes and have to power down and back on) and then had the FARKA connection replacement not fix the issue and even had a new amplifier put in and not resolve the issue.

The dealer looked at it again today and said there is failure with the gauge control module communication so will replace that but are these 2 systems event connected? Was doing some searching around it seems typically the guage control module just deals with just that (guages on the dash/ speed, etc). I would think that replacing the infotainment module would be more likely.

I will go ahead with what they are doing and see what happens but just curious what people here thought. I searched through some old threads and saw some people also had issues even after the FARKA update but not update on how the issue was resolved in the end.
My Farka connector was done this year so it was the most up to date solution.
Acura RDX 2019 model
Old 02-20-2024 | 05:54 PM
Racer

I also have a '19 RDX and have had the FAKRA connectors replaced twice. Each time it seemed to make zero difference. I still experience the following:
  • occasional crackle - not often, maybe once a month for a few seconds, but my system returns to normal after
  • about once a week, while driving I get the "Drive mode change unavailable" system message and each time the screen switches between night and day modes twice
  • about 10 times, not at any measurable frequency a pop up in the middle of the screen with an "OK" button pops up with the message: "Unfortunately, AcuraLauncher has stopped" - no idea what that is and dealer also didn't know
  • maybe 5 times I have rec'd the "Radio unavailable" message when attempting to switch to CarPlay
Honestly, I've learned to live with this. I use CarPlay via wireless CarLinKit adapter about 99% of the time so the messages dont really effect me much as I force myself to not get pissed and kick the screen off the dash (I've thought about it several times lol).

If it makes anyone feel any better, my mom just paid almost $70k for a '24 Lexus NX 350h and while on a road trip with it last weekend, the CarPlay just shuts off and disconnects intermittently. At times it disconnected and reconnected about 20 times over the course of a 10 minutes drive.

The thread from the guy who successfully upgraded the infotainment brains to a '22-23 unit is promising but I dont really want to put $400 into this project at the moment.

Hope this helps!
The following users liked this post:
ylsf (02-20-2024)
Old 09-13-2024 | 02:07 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ylsf
Curious if anyone has gone through getting MOST communication Lost messages, tuner not found and other issues (crackle and then reboot, or screen stays off for minutes and have to power down and back on) and then had the FARKA connection replacement not fix the issue and even had a new amplifier put in and not resolve the issue.

The dealer looked at it again today and said there is failure with the gauge control module communication so will replace that but are these 2 systems event connected? Was doing some searching around it seems typically the guage control module just deals with just that (guages on the dash/ speed, etc). I would think that replacing the infotainment module would be more likely.

I will go ahead with what they are doing and see what happens but just curious what people here thought. I searched through some old threads and saw some people also had issues even after the FARKA update but not update on how the issue was resolved in the end.
My Farka connector was done this year so it was the most up to date solution.
Acura RDX 2019 model
I have been having issues with my infotainment system for while now, but only recently went to have it check out once the situation got bad enough. I would have frequent shut offs and restarts or just complete shut offs with no restarts unless I turn off the car completely and restart it. After having the FAKRA replacement, it was not any better, in fact in was even worse. The dealership finally came back and said the instrument harness needs to be completely replaced and quoted me $3800!! My warranty had only just expired 3 months before, I'm kicking myself now for not having it checked sooner.
Old 09-19-2024 | 01:50 PM
10th Gear

Product Advisory

I just received a Product Advisory notice in the mail stating they are extending the warranty on this issue for eight years & 100K miles with reimbursement if you spend money on this issue. While I have not seen this issue on my 2024 RDX, I came to this thread to see what the symptoms are in order to recognize it.
Old 09-19-2024 | 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by PhillRDX
I just received a Product Advisory notice in the mail stating they are extending the warranty on this issue for eight years & 100K miles with reimbursement if you spend money on this issue. While I have not seen this issue on my 2024 RDX, I came to this thread to see what the symptoms are in order to recognize it.
Can you share a copy of this product advisory notice? I am curious to see what is being covered exactly.
Old 09-22-2024 | 01:28 PM
Intermediate

i got the message in the mail and tossed it in the garbage.
got no issues with infotainment
Old 09-23-2024 | 10:18 AM
Advanced

I just got my extended warranty letter in the mail but the previous owner already had the FARKA whatever replaced. I do have an odd issue where I'll be driving within 5 minutes of startup and the screen on both the infotainment and cluster shut off and turn back on again. It's a quick blip and it's happened less than 5 times in ~5000 miles so A. it doesn't worry me and B. it would be impossible to replicate so I doubt the dealer would address it. Anyone else experience that?