Acura MAP Update Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020 | 09:49 AM
Intermediate

Acura MAP Update Question

I've been checking for a MAP Update for what seems like forever. I finally had one show up. My prior MAP was June 2018. I downloaded the July 2019 Update and plugged the USB in. I got the message that the Update was happening. That was over a week ago. To be honest my longest drives during the week were perhaps 30-40 minutes a couple of times. Most times my drives are limited to 15-20 minutes. My question to those who have updated is how long does it take and since I leave the USB in place, does it just incrementally update each drive until it's done. I get no messages advising me of progress. When I go to the settings it is still showing the 6-27-2018 Maps so obviously it had not finished. I'm assuming at some point I will get a pop-up telling me it is done and to restart the Navi.
Not a big deal as I have both an Android and iPhone to use other sources when I need a Map but the USB obviously blocks me from plugging in my phone(s) until it completes and I can remove the thumb drive.

Appreciate any feedback on this.I do have a 5 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow.

Thanks for any info.
Old 01-04-2020 | 10:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by WoodyB
I've been checking for a MAP Update for what seems like forever. I finally had one show up. My prior MAP was June 2018. I downloaded the July 2019 Update and plugged the USB in. I got the message that the Update was happening. That was over a week ago. To be honest my longest drives during the week were perhaps 30-40 minutes a couple of times. Most times my drives are limited to 15-20 minutes. My question to those who have updated is how long does it take and since I leave the USB in place, does it just incrementally update each drive until it's done. I get no messages advising me of progress. When I go to the settings it is still showing the 6-27-2018 Maps so obviously it had not finished. I'm assuming at some point I will get a pop-up telling me it is done and to restart the Navi.
Not a big deal as I have both an Android and iPhone to use other sources when I need a Map but the USB obviously blocks me from plugging in my phone(s) until it completes and I can remove the thumb drive.

Thanks for any info.
There's a separate thread about the update that has a lot of advice on how to do it. You can find it here: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...e-live-984201/
Old 01-04-2020 | 03:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WoodyB

Thanks for any info.
I updated mine to the 2019 version, it took forever to download and about 45/50 continuous minutes before the 'completed' message appeared.