Stereo Speaker Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021 | 04:47 PM
Pro

Stereo Speaker Issue?

Hi all,

I am having issues with the speaker in the front passenger-side door on my 21’ Aspec. I am getting cracking/static sound coming from that area while driving, however, when I’m stationary, I don’t hear anything. So, I’m wondering if the actual speaker is rattling while driving or something?

I have a problem list for Acura to look at my next service visit, but thought maybe some others have had this issue and have a quick remedy. I hate to have Acura pull this door panel off, but I’m guessing it’s probably necessary.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2021 | 05:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swttsx007
Hi all,

I am having issues with the speaker in the front passenger-side door on my 21’ Aspec. I am getting cracking/static sound coming from that area while driving, however, when I’m stationary, I don’t hear anything. So, I’m wondering if the actual speaker is rattling while driving or something?

I have a problem list for Acura to look at my next service visit, but thought maybe some others have had this issue and have a quick remedy. I hate to have Acura pull this door panel off, but I’m guessing it’s probably necessary.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
I’ve had this issue in other cars. Push on the speaker grill to see if the sounds goes away. I had a center channel speaker that I thought was “blown” due to that same noise you are describing and it turned out it was just the speaker cover rattling with certain frequencies.
Old 12-08-2021 | 06:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
I’ve had this issue in other cars. Push on the speaker grill to see if the sounds goes away. I had a center channel speaker that I thought was “blown” due to that same noise you are describing and it turned out it was just the speaker cover rattling with certain frequencies.
I’ll mess with it tomorrow. I hope it’s something that easy. I’ll report back!
Old 12-08-2021 | 09:33 PM
Skeptic

Crackling popping and audio dropouts are typical of a problem withe the MOST bus connectors. But it usually affects the entire system, not just one speaker. That's not what seems to be happening but you might bring it up to the dealer.

I had the TSB done on the connectors but it didn't completely fix the problem. Next step is to replace the entire harness. Still waiting for one to come in.
Old 12-10-2021 | 01:17 PM
Pro

So, I took the vehicle into Acura to have the speaker looked at. They ended up replacing it, and all seems good now. HOWEVER, again, they scratched my frigging window tint either removing or reinstalling the door panel. Is this a difficult process to do without scratching window tint? They scratched the tint on the driver's side window about a month ago when they needed to replace that window motor.

The only fortunate thing is that I was smart enough to have the service advisor look at my window tint BEFORE and sign off that it was indeed NOT scratched. So, the dealership is going to pay to get my window tint removed and reinstalled. This, however, is just one more inconvenience on my end though having to take it to the tint shop.

Have any of you had or removed/reinstalled a door panel on your RDX with tinted windows? If so, any scratches afterwards?

I am so annoyed!
Old 12-17-2021 | 05:53 AM
Advanced

I have same issue and dealer wouldn’t even try to fix it. Told me Acura won’t let them remove the a pillar cover because of the airbag. lol. And every time they “fix” something they cause another issue. Probs worst techs I’ve ever dealt with. I’m just gonna fix it myself, least then will be done right
Old 12-17-2021 | 07:47 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by RiotfunK
I have same issue and dealer wouldn’t even try to fix it. Told me Acura won’t let them remove the a pillar cover because of the airbag. lol. And every time they “fix” something they cause another issue. Probs worst techs I’ve ever dealt with. I’m just gonna fix it myself, least then will be done right
This is EXACTLY why I hate going to the dealership! My car always comes back dirty inside as well!