Rear hatch not closing-sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 06:46 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Rear hatch not closing-sometimes

2019 aspec
Lately, the rear hatch on my RDX, when pushing the button on it to close it, starts closing and just towards the end, reverses and opens back up. There is nothing close to the hatch door to cause it to think it is going to hit something, and finally I just have to give a good push to get it to close. I don't see where any sensors are that would reverse for safety or whatever if there was something there, but I assume there are some. Just curious if anyone had a similar issue and figured out a fix. I do have an appt scheduled at the dealer, but of course would rather not go. If for no other reason, it only does it sometimes, and I am afraid it won't do it and they will just say 'problem not found'.

One other question, I broke the button cover for the red emergency button on the ceiling next to the link button and had the dealer repair it. However, I thought that there was a plastic plate on the button cover---as it is now, I can just reach up and push the red button directly. For some reason I thought that you had to flip the cover down and then pushed the button, to keep you from accidentally pushing the button itself. It's no big deal, but if I take it back in for the above hatch issue, I want them to fix the button properly.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:25 PM
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
2019 aspec
Lately, the rear hatch on my RDX, when pushing the button on it to close it, starts closing and just towards the end, reverses and opens back up. There is nothing close to the hatch door to cause it to think it is going to hit something, and finally I just have to give a good push to get it to close. I don't see where any sensors are that would reverse for safety or whatever if there was something there, but I assume there are some. Just curious if anyone had a similar issue and figured out a fix. I do have an appt scheduled at the dealer, but of course would rather not go. If for no other reason, it only does it sometimes, and I am afraid it won't do it and they will just say 'problem not found'.

One other question, I broke the button cover for the red emergency button on the ceiling next to the link button and had the dealer repair it. However, I thought that there was a plastic plate on the button cover---as it is now, I can just reach up and push the red button directly. For some reason I thought that you had to flip the cover down and then pushed the button, to keep you from accidentally pushing the button itself. It's no big deal, but if I take it back in for the above hatch issue, I want them to fix the button properly.
Check if the latch area is slightly mis aligned that could cause the rear hatch to not close every time. Just something to rule out.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:51 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Thanks Mid.....As best I can tell everything appears as aligned as it ever was...there has been no wreck or 'bump' of anything. Weird thing is it has gone back to working fine again, until next time I suppose. If I could figure out where any sensors are that might give me a clue, but cancelled the dealer trip for now. Figured out, I think, that the red emergency button is supposed to have a plastic cover over it, which is missing....but that can wait till the next service. Thank you again.