RDX vs Audi Q3

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
RDX vs Audi Q3

i recently test drove a 2018 Audi Q3 but since no Apple CarPlay I immediately rejected it. I then drove a 2018 Q5 so I could see what it’s features looked like which could be on the 2019 Q3. I rejected the Q5 due to the price and actually liked the RDX better. I need to make a decision in the next few weeks. So it comes down to getting the RDX now or waiting until the 2019 Q3 comes out (summer?) to see if I like it better than the RDX. The advantages of the RDX for me is that I mostly like what I see, probably can get it this month, and like the cargo area. The advantages of the Q3 for me is that it is smaller and I liked the navigation system on the Q5 better than on the RDX. I actually wish that Acura had a smaller version of the RDX. Thinking about this is keeping me up at night!
Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
i recently test drove a 2018 Audi Q3 but since no Apple CarPlay I immediately rejected it. I then drove a 2018 Q5 so I could see what it’s features looked like which could be on the 2019 Q3. I rejected the Q5 due to the price and actually liked the RDX better. I need to make a decision in the next few weeks. So it comes down to getting the RDX now or waiting until the 2019 Q3 comes out (summer?) to see if I like it better than the RDX. The advantages of the RDX for me is that I mostly like what I see, probably can get it this month, and like the cargo area. The advantages of the Q3 for me is that it is smaller and I liked the navigation system on the Q5 better than on the RDX. I actually wish that Acura had a smaller version of the RDX. Thinking about this is keeping me up at night!
I'm actually in the same boat. My wife and I are going to wait to see what the 2019 Q3 looks like in the flesh before deciding between it and an RDX. By then, we hope some of the early "bugs" in the RDX - nav scaling being the biggest, get fixed with a software upgrade.

We have no interest in a Q5. Never liked the styling of that car.

LOVE the look of the Q3. While acknowledging it's smaller than an RDX, it still has plenty of room for two retired, empty nesters. The interior looks amazing too with a nice integrated nav screen. Hate the tablets "glued" on top of the dash. Why Audi did that with the new Q5 and A4/5 is a mystery to me. My TTRS has the virtual cockpit with the nav integrated into the main display and I love the clean look of the dash.

In discussing all of this last weekend, my wife did acknowledge that the Acuras are way cheaper to maintain, and more reliable in the long run. If I had to guess - to the horror of many on this thread - I bet she ends up picking an MDX. To date, our 2008 MDX was her favorite car of all time.
The following users liked this post:
ShouldIBuyNew (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
Q3 is in a different class -- it's about a foot shorter than the RDX and competes with the Volvo XC40, upcoming Lexus UX, BMW X1 etc.

To me at least it sounds like if you want to buy now the decision is made since the 2019 Q3 is not available. If you don't need to buy now, you could wait, because there's always new stuff coming out -- UX, XT4, etc. -- any any of them could be better (or not). I prefer smaller cars too but after test driving the RDX I decided I will live with the size (I'm coming to the RDX from a life time of compact sedans). I wanted a car with good seat comfort and in the compact SUV class, the only other thing that may have worked was the XC40, but those are in such short supply I never got to see one.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Don't worry about it. If you like the size, wait for the next Q3.

And despite what others have said, reliability is not a shoe-in for Acura anymore. In fact, Audi has tended to have better reliability for the last half decade.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I needed to replace my car, so I did. But the RDX was a want, not a need.

If you just want to replace your car, or you need to replace your car, but the replacement is a want, then you should get what you want, and if that means waiting a bit, go and wait.

We mostly recognize how fortunate all of us are to be having these kinds of concerns. So, to me, the biggest problem is buying something that you DON'T want when you don't have to buy something at all.
The following 2 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
37tzee (10-03-2018), ShouldIBuyNew (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
This is a luxury purchase. This is all about want, not need. What % of people research cars (and then the deals) like we do? My guess is < 10%. I think it is more psychological than anything else. Many of us are programmed with the "not good enough" mantra. This means we are always trying to find something wrong with whatever it is we are doing (which includes car purchases). A little bit of research is wise, just to rule out any obvious gotchas. If it gets to the point of paralysis, whatever choice is made will leave one feeling unfulfilled because one will always think "maybe I could have done better with that alternative". If one can find one's intuition, that is better way to make decisions than approaching them intellectually because the number of variables is just too many.

One thing I can about the RDX -- owners seem to really like the car. I spent time in BMW forums and cannot believe how many buyers remorse stories came up.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Drifting

I too have spent a lot of time there. IIRC, most of the remorse was from people who got the lesser BMW because that was what they could spend, and wished they had gone for the higher model. Lots of people wishing they got the .40 (or .35, depending on year) who ended up getting a .30 or .20. I never saw a 535/540 or 335/340 owner with buyers remorse.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
This is a luxury purchase. This is all about want, not need.
For most buyers, this is only true if the RDX is merely a toy that will be added to a stable of vehicles that already satisfies their needs. Otherwise, there will be parameters of basic utility that need to be addressed. No doubt, the imminently practical choice would be a Honda CRV or equivalent, and the CRV is a fine vehicle. But I don't regret the mild extravagance of buying an RDX, especially since I spent the past couple decades driving the family road-trip cruiser.

OTOH my son recently teased me and asked if I'll be driving a sporty convertible the next time he comes home from college.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
This is a luxury purchase. This is all about want, not need.
Makes you think... There was a time when I was just glad I had something to take me from point A to point B. I think I was a 2-striper in the Air Force when I got my first car (a brand-new blue Chevy Spectrum) -- remember being so happy and excited about that little car.

Now, we're sitting here talking about "value" and how much cheaper the RDX is (compared to the X3, Q5, GLC, QX50, XC60, etc., of course).

It's still a $50,000 car!!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander

OTOH my son recently teased me and asked if I'll be driving a sporty convertible the next time he comes home from college.

Yeah, it's pretty cool to have all my kids jealous of my ride.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by birdonamission
Makes you think... There was a time when I was just glad I had something to take me from point A to point B. I think I was a 2-striper in the Air Force when I got my first car (a brand-new blue Chevy Spectrum) -- remember being so happy and excited about that little car.

Now, we're sitting here talking about "value" and how much cheaper the RDX is (compared to the X3, Q5, GLC, QX50, XC60, etc., of course).

It's still a $50,000 car!!

“Value” changes.

I had the good fortune to spend the first two weeks of September on tour in northern Italy. We were in Maranello, and, wonder of wonders, you can arrange to drive a Ferrari around the town and environs. The price was high, but not prohibitive, but I was still on the fence. Man, was I glad I did it. It was not even a bucket list thing, since driving a Ferrari in Italy was never in my sights. My wife dispelled my ‘value’ concerns, and I am glad she did.

Me and my ‘copilot’. I even bought the gopro.

The following 3 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
37tzee (10-05-2018), JustMe... (10-18-2018), mapleloaf (10-08-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

“Value” changes.

I had the good fortune to spend the first two weeks of September on tour in northern Italy. We were in Maranello, and, wonder of wonders, you can arrange to drive a Ferrari around the town and environs. The price was high, but not prohibitive, but I was still on the fence. Man, was I glad I did it. It was not even a bucket list thing, since driving a Ferrari in Italy was never in my sights. My wife dispelled my ‘value’ concerns, and I am glad she did.

Me and my ‘copilot’. I even bought the gopro.

Yo just made my day Madd Dog! Cheers.
Madd Dog (10-05-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a great experience. I did the same thing in Vegas. Took a Lambo out for 7 laps, which almost cost as much as a monthly payment on the RDX. lol
Old 10-18-2018, 03:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Colin G
Sounds like a great experience. I did the same thing in Vegas. Took a Lambo out for 7 laps, which almost cost as much as a monthly payment on the RDX. lol

It is good to be fortunate enough to have choices. I am sure it was a blast, and that the memory of that day will last longer than the memory of what it cost.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm waiting to see the "NEW" 2019 Audi Q3 that's due out next Spring (It's already in Europe). It's supposed to be about 3" longer and a bit wider than the current Q3 and from the pictures/videos and reviews on the internet it looks pretty interesting. For me it's worth waiting for, so I can see it in person and take a test drive. I don't think I need all the size the RDX or Q5, so the enlarged Q3 could be the answer. The "virtual dashboard" looks amazing. By that time, (hopefully), Acura will have fixed some issues (Nav screen zooming, etc). The one item I dislike in many new cars is the gloss black elements on the dash of many new cars.....they show the lightest of scratches. Even just rubbing a finger tip against the surface can leave scratches. Even a matt surface would be better than a gloss black plastic.....but that's just me being "picky". I'm just looking forward to some test drive comparisons next Spring.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Advanced

I am actually also thinking about waiting until the new Q3 is available to see what is like. Do you think it will be available in the spring? I was all set a few months ago to go for the RDX but I’m getting impatient since it has taken so long to get what I want. One day I’m telling myself that if the RDX comes in soon I will go for it and the next day I am saying that although the RDX cargo area is nice for my golf clubs, I might prefer to having a smaller vehicle. And besides that, I like my 2016 rdx navigation system better than what I’ve seen on the new RDX navigation system - zoom while driving, address book, choice of 3 routes.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:46 AM
Advanced

I am actually also thinking about waiting until the new Q3 is available to see what is like. Do you think it will be available in the spring? I was all set a few months ago to go for the RDX but I’m getting impatient since it has taken so long to get what I want. One day I’m telling myself that if the RDX comes in soon I will go for it and the next day I am saying that although the RDX cargo area is nice for my golf clubs, I might prefer to having a smaller vehicle. And besides that, I like my 2016 rdx navigation system better than what I’ve seen on the new RDX navigation system - zoom while driving, address book, choice of 3 routes.
I spoke to me dealer last week about the new Q3 introduction. According to him, it will be a 2020 model introduced in late-Spring; i.e. April/May.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
The "new" Q3 is reported in lots of video reviews to be a bit larger than the 2018 model. They say it's about 3 to 4 inches longer, a tad bit wider and about the same height....but the best is that the wheel base is longer than the current model making for greater handling and traction. Obviously, a test drive or two is required for me to judge for myself but the "virtual dashboard" looks to be amazing.......AND best of all, the navigation screen is actually built into the dash and doesn't look like a "glued on after thought"...LOL. Bottom line I need to see it in person before I pull the trigger on any $45,000+ vehicle.
37tzee (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob175
The "new" Q3 is reported in lots of video reviews to be a bit larger than the 2018 model. They say it's about 3 to 4 inches longer, a tad bit wider and about the same height....but the best is that the wheel base is longer than the current model making for greater handling and traction. Obviously, a test drive or two is required for me to judge for myself but the "virtual dashboard" looks to be amazing.......AND best of all, the navigation screen is actually built into the dash and doesn't look like a "glued on after thought"...LOL. Bottom line I need to see it in person before I pull the trigger on any $45,000+ vehicle.
I'm curious what changes Audi has made to the Virtual Cockpit. They've put up notices stating that the service is being discontinued for owners of 2018 and previous vehicles. I wonder what has changed in 2019.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by p07r0457
I'm curious what changes Audi has made to the Virtual Cockpit. They've put up notices stating that the service is being discontinued for owners of 2018 and previous vehicles. I wonder what has changed in 2019.
FYI, Audi's Virtual Cockpit is not a service, it's a piece of hardware. It's the display replacing the analog gauges and capable of displaying other things such as maps. One subscription-based service going away at the end of 2020 for MY2018 and older is the option to overlay Google Earth images on top of standard maps in both the Virtual Cockpit and MMI display.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MHarnois
FYI, Audi's Virtual Cockpit is not a service, it's a piece of hardware. It's the display replacing the analog gauges and capable of displaying other things such as maps. One subscription-based service going away at the end of 2020 for MY2018 and older is the option to overlay Google Earth images on top of standard maps in both the Virtual Cockpit and MMI display.

So Audi will be pulling some support from a 3 year old car?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
So Audi will be pulling some support from a 3 year old car?
Yes, some features are scheduled to stop working for people who are even still in their warranty period.

It bothers me because they heavily market the feature -- even now, after the discontinuation has been announced. Every time I see Audi market the Virtual Cockpit they have the Google Earth imagery prominently displayed. And I appreciate the technical difference between the hardware, but hardware is useless without software, and to the average consumer, Google Earth is the "secret sauce" that makes the hardware desirable. Audi knows this, too -- otherwise they'd stop prominently marketing the Google Earth portion of the system, with only a small footnote about the discontinuation.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Drifting

Yes, some features are scheduled to stop working for people who are even still in their warranty period.

It bothers me because they heavily market the feature -- even now, after the discontinuation has been announced. Every time I see Audi market the Virtual Cockpit they have the Google Earth imagery prominently displayed. And I appreciate the technical difference between the hardware, but hardware is useless without software, and to the average consumer, Google Earth is the "secret sauce" that makes the hardware desirable. Audi knows this, too -- otherwise they'd stop prominently marketing the Google Earth portion of the system, with only a small footnote about the discontinuation.
This really sucks. If then can support it now, they can continue to support it even if future cars have different hardware. It is all a matter of choice.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Even though Google Earth requires an expensive monthly subscription and I'm not sure I'd be paying for it after the trial period, I passed on the 2018 S5 Sportback for this reason and ordered a 2019 instead although there's no guarantee it'll be any different until we actually see the cars. The newer systems shown in the new 2019 Q8 and refreshed 2019 A7, A6 and Q3 ditch the current MMI and hard buttons for new touchscreens and the 3D map overlays aren't Google Earth anymore, I think it's their in-house maps.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MHarnois
Even though Google Earth requires an expensive monthly subscription and I'm not sure I'd be paying for it after the trial period, I passed on the 2018 S5 Sportback for this reason and ordered a 2019 instead although there's no guarantee it'll be any different until we actually see the cars. The newer systems shown in the new 2019 Q8 and refreshed 2019 A7, A6 and Q3 ditch the current MMI and hard buttons for new touchscreens and the 3D map overlays aren't Google Earth anymore, I think it's their in-house maps.
I never used the Google Maps overlay on my TT RS during the free trial period. Seemed like more of a distracting gimmick to me. The "regular" map is much easier to comprehend while driving.

Love my virtual cockpit and the total lack of a screen in the center of the dash.

Doubtful I use 30% of the features on the car, or my new Tacoma for that matter. The race to out tech other manufacturers is really getting silly.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm currently debating between a Q5 and RDX. The Google Maps overlay really stands out. I found out about the discontinuation by researching on-line in forums like this. The dealer made no mention of it. It's not really a deal breaker, but it puts you on notice. I was actually just coming to grips with my Lexus losing Pandora in their Enform app. I switched back to Slacker, since they're going to keep supporting that (for now).
Old 10-23-2018, 07:16 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by JustMe...
I'm currently debating between a Q5 and RDX. The Google Maps overlay really stands out. I found out about the discontinuation by researching on-line in forums like this. The dealer made no mention of it. It's not really a deal breaker, but it puts you on notice. I was actually just coming to grips with my Lexus losing Pandora in their Enform app. I switched back to Slacker, since they're going to keep supporting that (for now).
Ugh. Given these two choices, I would probably go with the RDX if I had another car. If I had only one car, I'd probably take the Q5 and load it a little more. The new RDX is just awesome so you can't really make a wrong choice.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Racer

For the price, the RDX is a much better value than the Q5. I'd have to step up to the Q7 before I'd choose Audi over Acura. If you want something nicer than the RDX, but in that size class, then I'd probably lean XC60 with the massaging seats :-)
Old 10-23-2018, 07:59 PM
Azine Jabroni

For the price, the RDX is a much better value than the Q5. I'd have to step up to the Q7 before I'd choose Audi over Acura. If you want something nicer than the RDX, but in that size class, then I'd probably lean XC60 with the massaging seats :-)
I'd probably have to go SQ5.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kurtatx
I'd probably have to go SQ5.
I loved the engine when I test drove the SQ5, but I prefer the DCT in the Q5 over the conventional automatic in the SQ5.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 AM
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts
They're about $6k apart, similarly equipped. This is real world pricing, not MSRP. I figure I can get an AWD A-Spec around $45k. I've already received quotes for a Q5 that stickers around $57k for a little under $51k. If these all sold at MSRP, I probably would just get the RDX. I'm thinking of looking at the XC60, but I'm concerned with their recent quality issues.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Technically, I replaced 2 vehicles with the 2020 RDX Advance.

Sienna XLE AWD Limited, which was unreliable as hell and got horrible fuel economy (17-18mpg mostly highway, 12-13 mostly city) but I liked the overall comfort and space. I no longer own that one because I got irritated with the leaks, eating catalytic converters, random check engine faults, bizarre brake wear, rattles, really poor run-flat tires, and terrible fuel economy. We gave it to someone who was fully aware of all the issues. Also, the three open diff AWD system was kinda crappy, turtle slow to react, and minimally effective. If anyone is thinking of buying one of these - don't do it and go with the FWD version instead and put snow tires on it when needed. I know Toyotas are generally reliable but that van was a POS.

My mostly daily driver until the RDX was a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Limited Eyesight, which I still own and will go to my 15 year old in a couple of months when he gets his permit. The Subaru has not been reliable but it gets acceptable fuel economy, it is nice and slow, and will hopefully keep my kid from running into stuff - or protect him if he does. It has had quite a few trips back to the dealer for a power window issue, battery drain issue which stranded me 3 times, software bugs in the nav system (lock up), 3 wheel bearings replaced under warranty on three separate trips, and a couple of recalls. It lives outside now but I still drive it on Sundays for 30min to keep everything moving and the battery charged. The reason I moved away from the brand was all the trips back to the dealer, laggy infotainment system, and no hard button to turn off the auto-start/stop on the current generation. We have had a variety of other uisses with our Subarus but no CVT problems over 3 cars and about 300k miles total.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Instructor

My previous post went to the wrong thread. Anyway, I was not all that impressed with the Q3 or Q5 for the price, although I did like the 3 better than the 5. I LOVED the SQ5 though - if you can swing it I would strongly recommend look at one of those. It does go over $60k optioned out but it was awesome. I thought about saving a while longer and getting it but I'm happy with the RDX.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by fogdoctor
Technically, I replaced 2 vehicles with the 2020 RDX Advance.

Sienna XLE AWD Limited, which was unreliable as hell and got horrible fuel economy (17-18mpg mostly highway, 12-13 mostly city) but I liked the overall comfort and space. I no longer own that one because I got irritated with the leaks, eating catalytic converters, random check engine faults, bizarre brake wear, rattles, really poor run-flat tires, and terrible fuel economy. We gave it to someone who was fully aware of all the issues. Also, the three open diff AWD system was kinda crappy, turtle slow to react, and minimally effective. If anyone is thinking of buying one of these - don't do it and go with the FWD version instead and put snow tires on it when needed. I know Toyotas are generally reliable but that van was a POS.

My mostly daily driver until the RDX was a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Limited Eyesight, which I still own and will go to my 15 year old in a couple of months when he gets his permit. The Subaru has not been reliable but it gets acceptable fuel economy, it is nice and slow, and will hopefully keep my kid from running into stuff - or protect him if he does. It has had quite a few trips back to the dealer for a power window issue, battery drain issue which stranded me 3 times, software bugs in the nav system (lock up), 3 wheel bearings replaced under warranty on three separate trips, and a couple of recalls. It lives outside now but I still drive it on Sundays for 30min to keep everything moving and the battery charged. The reason I moved away from the brand was all the trips back to the dealer, laggy infotainment system, and no hard button to turn off the auto-start/stop on the current generation. We have had a variety of other uisses with our Subarus but no CVT problems over 3 cars and about 300k miles total.
A little off topic....Wife has a 2016 Forrester..no real issues except battery drain....the culprit? Leaving the USB cable plugged in!! Simple as that for us....Its now out of warranty, so not worth it to get fixed..
Old 02-12-2020, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by flames9
A little off topic....Wife has a 2016 Forrester..no real issues except battery drain....the culprit? Leaving the USB cable plugged in!! Simple as that for us....Its now out of warranty, so not worth it to get fixed..
I had my issue before the TSB so it took extra trips. They updated the battery management software and it has not been in an issue since then.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rob175
Well, after waiting over a year for the 2019/2020 Q3 to come out, it finally did. Although the RDX had some advantages over the Q3, I ended up getting a Q3, mainly because I hated the RDX navigation system.
Madd Dog (02-12-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts
Not sure why these are being compared q3 is smaller. Q5 is rdx size.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Well, after waiting over a year for the 2019/2020 Q3 to come out, it finally did. Although the RDX had some advantages over the Q3, I ended up getting a Q3, mainly because I hated the RDX navigation system.
This is actually a good reason to go with the Q3 or Q5. The navigation in the 2020 RDX is about the same as a 10 year old Garmin. If if is something you rely on then it is a deal killer for the RDX. I don't use the nav so I made a different decision.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BC01191980
Not sure why these are being compared q3 is smaller. Q5 is rdx size.
Price. The Q3 with with the prestige package sell for $43-44k near me without being fully optioned out.

The Q5 prestige (which you have to add to get the adaptive cruise) starts at $52k. I don't even think you can get the advance up that high.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:59 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by fogdoctor
This is actually a good reason to go with the Q3 or Q5. The navigation in the 2020 RDX is about the same as a 10 year old Garmin. If if is something you rely on then it is a deal killer for the RDX. I don't use the nav so I made a different decision.
I'm a little curious actually why anyone relies on those built in nav systems. That's not to show any disdain, everyone has reasons, so no offense to anyone that cares deeply about that feature. Personally, since I have Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze at my disposal, all with far superior traffic routing and real-time map updates that don't cost any money or take any time to install, it's hard to understand the allure of built-in nav. I haven't seen any of them on any car that holds a candle to what is already on your phone and accessible via CarPlay or Android Auto. In the case of the RDX the nav system is alright, better than the one that was on my Ford but it's not terribly impressive and certainly does not have the traffic awareness that my phone does. About the only positive I can see right now is that it has the directions on the Head-Up Display on my RDX but other than that, I'm not sure why I'd use it. Maybe if cell signal was really bad and it was that or nothing?
The following 2 users liked this post by Ender519:
fogdoctor (02-13-2020), hand-filer (02-13-2020)

Quick Reply: RDX vs Audi Q3