Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2020 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 05:12 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
@Tammyw do you have the breakdown of the price they gave you (sales price, tax/tags/title etc). At a glance, that price seems high but I’d like to see the breakdown.

It sucks that some dealers doesn’t provide prices over the phone/email, they want you to come in to discuss price. In regards to what year RDX, go with the 20, mine does not have the infotainment issues.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:01 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxowner1
It sucks that some dealers doesn’t provide prices over the phone/email, they want you to come in to discuss price. In regards to what year RDX, go with the 20, mine does not have the infotainment issues.
If a dealer won’t give you a price over the phone then you can almost guarantee they won’t be competitive with the ones that will. They are counting on the fact that if they get you in their showroom then they have a major advantage over you. And their experience proves they are correct. I only go to the dealer to check out the car and test drive. Once I decide on what I want, all negotiation takes place via phone or email. And there’s never any haggling, it’s just one dealer vs the next vs the next...
Old 09-22-2019, 12:29 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Paid $43k with the conquest offer for a 2020 A-Spec, before TTL. Here on Long Island, the dealers really didn't want to haggle at all. I guess since it's so popular around here, they didn't care if we walked. No call-back, nada. Even with that price they weren't happy with giving it to us (I know, they like to make it seem like we're stealing the car from them even though they made a decent profit).
Old 09-28-2019, 09:50 PM
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 RDX SH-AWD Advance Pkg
MSRP: $49095 (sticker price incl destination + premium exterior)
Rebates: Loyalty, Acura finance discounts
Additional Options: $200
OTD: ~ $45500 (incl taxes, title, tags, processing fee etc.)

Interestingly, the first offer I got after the test drive was about 50K OTD (much higher than my final purchase price) - I refused to commit at the time as I haven't decided on RDX, color options or budget at the time. I slept on it for few weeks before I requested quotes through credit union and then waited for few days and got responses for 4 dealers. I let the dealers know that I am in no hurry to purchase and can easily wait few more months. Then, I negotiated the price over the phone with two dealers with best offers asking one to beat the other. I refused to talk about my trade-in or finance options until we agreed on the purchase price. I ended up using Acura finance instead of credit union as I was getting extra discount.

May be, I could have gotten a better deal, if I negotiated harder or requested quotes from more dealerships further away or out of state (we live in DC metro area, so out of state isn't really that far). It appeared like I got a decent deal based on the truecar estimates, and figured its not worth the time negotiating with other dealers.

I was a little disappointed that RDX advance didn't come with power folding mirrors and better ambient lighting. However, I went for advance pkg primarily for HUD and surround view camera, both of which are great. The mileage sucks (I only managed to get about 17mpg so far for purely city driving in comfort mode - may be it will get better), but it has beautiful interior and definitely fun to drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by iforum2005:
Blakee (12-18-2019), GW208 (09-28-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 05:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by iforum2005

Interestingly, the first offer I got after the test drive was about 50K OTD (much higher than my final purchase price) - I refused to commit at the time as I haven't decided on RDX, color options or budget at the time. I slept on it for few weeks before I requested quotes through credit union and then waited for few days and got responses for 4 dealers. I let the dealers know that I am in no hurry to purchase and can easily wait few more months. Then, I negotiated the price over the phone with two dealers with best offers asking one to beat the other. I refused to talk about my trade-in or finance options until we agreed on the purchase price. I ended up using Acura finance instead of credit union as I was getting extra discount.

May be, I could have gotten a better deal, if I negotiated harder or requested quotes from more dealerships further away or out of state (we live in DC metro area, so out of state isn't really that far). It appeared like I got a decent deal based on the truecar estimates, and figured its not worth the time negotiating with other dealers.

I was a little disappointed that RDX advance didn't come with power folding mirrors and better ambient lighting. However, I went for advance pkg primarily for HUD and surround view camera, both of which are great. The mileage sucks (I only managed to get about 17mpg so far for purely city driving in comfort mode - may be it will get better), but it has beautiful interior and definitely fun to drive.
Congrats! It looks like a great deal. I live in MoCo and have to deal with 270 and overall gridlock in the DMV and have been getting 23 mpg over the last few fill ups. Hope your mpg improves over time.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:26 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by tsxowner1
Congrats! It looks like a great deal. I live in MoCo and have to deal with 270 and overall gridlock in the DMV and have been getting 23 mpg over the last few fill ups. Hope your mpg improves over time.
Thanks! To be fair, our RDX is yet to see the freeway and so far limited to local roads only. 23mpg for AWD is pretty good in this area and I hope to get there some day. Before this, I was driving 12 year old 3-row SUV with 150K miles (and no tech i.e., not even backup camera) on it and though it served our family well, we were all tired of it and drive wasn't fun at all. So far, RDX has been great - I started to enjoy driving again and my kids are really enjoying the super comfortable interior and panoramic view. Can't wait to take for a long drive!
Old 09-29-2019, 10:31 PM
8th Gear

I forgot to specify the purchase price, which was about $42500 for pearl black before taxes/fee. I took the extra $200 option to bring the interest rate down to 3.15% for 36 months. The dealer processing fee of $799 is pretty high, may be I should have tried to negotiate, but I didn't as we were already too tired with close to 5hrs at the dealership by fighting to stick to the agreed purchase (and OTD) price and refused to buy into various options being offered with tricky monthly payment options and demanded to see how much it will affect my purchase price.I was even called crazy at one point not to take the option package as it wouldn't change my monthly payment by much, but I never wanted the discussion around the payments. I wish there is a single fair purchase price that no one needs to negotiate. Oh well..
The following users liked this post:
Midnight Mystery (09-30-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 01:33 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 white with black interior Tech package. 41250 otd in Southern California. Mostly online deal.
tsxowner1 (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Instructor

I forgot to specify the purchase price, which was about $42500 for pearl black before taxes/fee. I took the extra $200 option to bring the interest rate down to 3.15% for 36 months. The dealer processing fee of $799 is pretty high, may be I should have tried to negotiate, but I didn't as we were already too tired with close to 5hrs at the dealership by fighting to stick to the agreed purchase (and OTD) price and refused to buy into various options being offered with tricky monthly payment options and demanded to see how much it will affect my purchase price.I was even called crazy at one point not to take the option package as it wouldn't change my monthly payment by much, but I never wanted the discussion around the payments. I wish there is a single fair purchase price that no one needs to negotiate. Oh well..
You must have bought your RDX in VA then. There is a cap in MD for processing fee ($300).
Old 10-01-2019, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

2020 RDX AWD Tech Package

First post- new RDX owner as of Sept 30.

2020 RDX AWD Tech Package. White with espresso leather.
- protection package included- all season matts, rear tray, splash guards, wheel locks, tinted windows
- doc fees included
- only incentive was for 50% financed through Acura @ 3.05% interest 36 months, no prepayment penalty so can pay off in 3 months. The price would be $750 higher for cash
- $40,000. Tax and license to be paid when registered
- Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Fayetteville dealers all would do the same deal for in stock units.
Waetherman (10-07-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Cruisin'

Hello, new user here looking to purchase my first Acura. I'm looking for the A-Spec model in either the FWD or SH-AWD variant, white/red combo and live in Socal. Any deals out there? Anything I should look out for? This is my first time purchasing a car.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:00 AM
Cruisin'

What do you guys think about these offers?

1) Acura RDX A-Spec FWD - White/Red
(Based on LA County tax rate)
$6000 down
72 months
Payment comes to about $648
Sale Price $42,988
Total price out the door is about $46,248.94

2) Acura RDX A-Spec SH-AWD - White/Red
$43,095
Out the door $48,133. 5.95% APR
Old 10-07-2019, 09:16 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by aqtran
What do you guys think about these offers?

1) Acura RDX A-Spec FWD - White/Red
(Based on LA County tax rate)
$6000 down
72 months
Payment comes to about $648
Sale Price $42,988
Total price out the door is about $46,248.94

2) Acura RDX A-Spec SH-AWD - White/Red
$43,095
Out the door $48,133. 5.95% APR
Kbb fair market price is between $40,159 and $43, 158. Tax title license for Los Angeles is $4648. These were the biggest bargaining chips for me personally. Don't forget these don't include insentives. If you have another newish vehicle, you get 1k off. If you are military or fresh grad, you get 500. Not sure if they stack. We didn't take financing from Acura, 5.9 was too much to swallow. I don't know if the red leather is an optional extra, but I think you might be able to haggle it down a bit more. We bought in Tustin if that helps! Good luck!
Old 10-07-2019, 03:49 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
First post as an RDX owner. Just bought an AWD Tech Package (white/espresso) cash price $41k even with the Protection Package thrown in on the deal. This was Paragon Acura in NYC. I got a $1000 lower price from a dealer in New Jersey (no protection package), but they had higher fees so in the end the price difference was only a couple hundred bucks, and Paragon was much more convenient and their customer service is excellent, so I just went with that.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Buyer here:

2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD (no FWD model available in Canada)
White with Red Leather

I got dealer cost + 3% profit (I purchased the dealer report from a third party website)
Dealer cost in Canada is $46,727.

After factoring in dealer profit and freight etc it was $50,580 CAD before tax.

With my local tax it was $56,649.60

After tax Acura Canada rebates were $3000. So my out the door cost with tax and everything was $53,649.60 CAD

This included acura accessories: winter floor mats, block heater (canada lol), acura's battery maintainer/trickle charger, wheel locks, and a couple other pointless things

Interestingly, in addition to no FWD option, the Canadian ASpec models also include from the factory 2 way Acura factory remote start and a heated steering wheel. Don't know what else the US vs CDN model differences are lol
Old 10-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by aznpie454
Kbb fair market price is between $40,159 and $43, 158. Tax title license for Los Angeles is $4648. These were the biggest bargaining chips for me personally. Don't forget these don't include insentives. If you have another newish vehicle, you get 1k off. If you are military or fresh grad, you get 500. Not sure if they stack. We didn't take financing from Acura, 5.9 was too much to swallow. I don't know if the red leather is an optional extra, but I think you might be able to haggle it down a bit more. We bought in Tustin if that helps! Good luck!
Received an updated quote through some negotiations for the A-Spec SH-AWD in White/Red, OTD is $46,807.50. I'll probably sign tomorrow evening and take delivery.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear

2020 RDX Tech Package AWD

Hi folks,

I'm planning on purchasing a 2020 RDX Tech package AWD model. Any deals out there in/ around Atlanta, GA?
I've received pricing info from couple of dealerships so far. Let me know if its a good price.

2020 RDX Tech package AWD

MSRP: $43795
Discounts: $4,250
Adjusted Price: $39545
Taxable fees: $ 25
Doc Fee: $698
GATAVT (Ad valorem tax): $2920.75
Non Tax fees: $42
Total Price out the door: $43230.75

Planning to arrange financing through my own credit union.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2019, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aqtran
Received an updated quote through some negotiations for the A-Spec SH-AWD in White/Red, OTD is $46,807.50. I'll probably sign tomorrow evening and take delivery.
Which dealer sent you this quote?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Was getting online quotes without negotiation for around 8% off MSRP (plus destination ) $47195 for ASPEC SH-AWD APEX blue. Not sure I want to go with blue, is pearl black more expensive (more demand, the MSRP is the same) ?
Old 10-11-2019, 07:02 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

@Kamlesh_GA_2019 : this seems like a good price. What's in the "discounts" though - loyalty/conquest? Vet? New grad? Or is it all just dealer discount?

@russianDude pearl black is a $400 upcharge over other regular paint prices. You don't have to get an A-Spec in blue, but if you do, it has to be Apex Blue which is also $400 upcharge.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Waetherman
@Kamlesh_GA_2019 : this seems like a good price. What's in the "discounts" though - loyalty/conquest? Vet? New grad? Or is it all just dealer discount?

@russianDude pearl black is a $400 upcharge over other regular paint prices. You don't have to get an A-Spec in blue, but if you do, it has to be Apex Blue which is also $400 upcharge.
yep, $47195 is including $400 up-charge for color (msrp plus destination)
have a hard time deciding between pearl black or apex blue...
Old 10-11-2019, 09:09 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Something to think about; black is probably harder to keep clean than blue. I owned a blue car just before my new RDX and even that showed dirt and water spots quite a bit. I went with white this time because, at least in some ways, it actually looks cleaner. Well at least in some seasons. That's what they say. Time will tell for me, but I really like the look.

Isn't $47,195 mfr price? Dealers in my area say that includes destination.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Ok, there is some BS going on.... acura website shows special financing 0.9%. Some dealers basically give you two choices, they either up their offer by around 1k if you get 0.9% special, or you get bad regular rate (3-4%) and they lower the price. Wtf is this, I thought it was special from acura corporate? No were it says this on acura website. They try to lure you in with low quotes and then tell you that its not applicable with 0.9.

Past financing specials had nothing to do with the dealer quote. Should this be stated on acura website ( I read small print, trust me)

Last edited by russianDude; 10-11-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:20 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Negotiate price before saying you're financing. Any dealer that wants to up the price because you're financing, or give you higher rate because you're getting lower rate, walk away.
JustMe... (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Negotiate price before saying you're financing. Any dealer that wants to up the price because you're financing, or give you higher rate because you're getting lower rate, walk away.
I can walk away, but given that 3 dealers did this, I think Acura gives dealer kick back around $1000-$1500 if NOT financed at promotional 0.9% rate. So they are able to lower a price because of rebate they get for not doing promotional financing.
very slimy thing to do for acura corporate, they used to just give promotional rate and no kick backs to dealer
Old 10-12-2019, 01:33 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Cynodon K
Which dealer sent you this quote?
Center Acura in Sherman Oaks
Old 10-12-2019, 06:22 AM
2nd Gear

Yes, dealer discount. No trade in/ loyalty/ conquest.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Is anyone taking 0.9% APR special through Acura financing, or they raise the price if you do?
Old 10-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Suzuka Master

I think its pretty much confirmed, if you finance car through Acura financial services at regular rate, dealer gets anywhere from $1000-$1500 cash back. If you take special promotion 0.9%, pay cash, or finance through your credit union, dealer does NOT get $1000-1500 cash back from Acura. So as you can see, they can give you different pricing based on how car is financed or paid. If they are getting cash back, they will be willing to go lower.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:52 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

That makes sense. Dealer incentives definitely give them more flexibility in price. I'm sure some people will go for it - lots of people only look at the monthly payment, not at how much the car is actually costing them. And if you're buying the car, then it may not really matter in the end if the car's price is higher but the monthly payments are lower because really it's just the dealer who is getting the extra grand. Always look at the bottom line; how much are you paying upfront, plus the all the monthly payments until the car is paid off. In the end it might be worth paying more to get a lower interest rate. For instance, say you finance $40k over 5 years, at 2.9% your payments are $717/mo or $43,020 in total. But if you finance $41k At 0.9%, your payments are $699 for a total of $41,940 - you still save about $1100 in the end, even if you're paying a higher sticker price for the car. And the payments are lower which make it easier to bear. So in that case? Probably worth it. How much you're financing and how long you're financing for will affect these numbers though, so do the math!
Old 10-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Suzuka Master

That makes sense. Dealer incentives definitely give them more flexibility in price. I'm sure some people will go for it - lots of people only look at the monthly payment, not at how much the car is actually costing them. And if you're buying the car, then it may not really matter in the end if the car's price is higher but the monthly payments are lower because really it's just the dealer who is getting the extra grand. Always look at the bottom line; how much are you paying upfront, plus the all the monthly payments until the car is paid off. In the end it might be worth paying more to get a lower interest rate. For instance, say you finance $40k over 5 years, at 2.9% your payments are $717/mo or $43,020 in total. But if you finance $41k At 0.9%, your payments are $699 for a total of $41,940 - you still save about $1100 in the end, even if you're paying a higher sticker price for the car. And the payments are lower which make it easier to bear. So in that case? Probably worth it. How much you're financing and how long you're financing for will affect these numbers though, so do the math!
agreed. The part that bothers me is that its hidden from you, and you really need to dig deep to find out.
it would be much better if cashback is given to you and they can disclose it in the advertisement. Just another way to get you to the front door and then all of a sudden price goes up.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Suzuka Master

OK, got the car, had to go to remote dealer
MSRP $47195 (including dest fee)
Sale $44032.
Conquest Rebate $1000 (my wife owns lexus)
43032 after rebate. Financed at 0.9% for 60 month.

Could get $400 more, but would have to drive 2 hours one way. Was not worth my time.
Waetherman (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 08:12 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Nice - congrats on your purchase!
Old 10-17-2019, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys, first post. Have been browsing your forums and received a great amount of info, thanks. Just picked up my 2020 RDX SH-Awd with tech

MSRP - 44195
Dealer Discount - 4195
Rebates - 1500
Price - 39000
Tax(NYS 8.75) - 3412
doc fee - 75
OTD - 42487

this is with Acura financing @ 3.59% they originally wanted to charge me 4.9%.

think I did all right.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MKC117
Hey guys, first post. Have been browsing your forums and received a great amount of info, thanks. Just picked up my 2020 RDX SH-Awd with tech

MSRP - 44195
Dealer Discount - 4195
Rebates - 1500
Price - 39000
Tax(NYS 8.75) - 3412
doc fee - 75
OTD - 42487

this is with Acura financing @ 3.59% they originally wanted to charge me 4.9%.

think I did all right.
Congrats, but I took 0.9% financing special for 5 years instead of $1500 rebate. Depending on the amount financed and years, 0.9% is better deal than saving $1500, at least in my case
MKC117 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Here is the basic math for two options:
1. 35K financed at 0.9% @ 60 month: total payment $35806
2. 35K - 1.5K rebate=$33.5K financed at 3.59% for 60 month= total payment $36,646. Around ~800 more than first option

The dealer gets either 1.5K rebate or you get 0.9 financing, can't get both.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I see the 0.9% on edmunds website but I don't see anything anywhere on the dealer getting a $1500 rebate. Anyone find a link for that?

I'm currently working on 2 dealers right now. One is supposed to be the "Costco car buying service dealer" I'm still waiting on his quote but we talked about me being able to use the conquest rebate. I thought Costco was a fixed price? Anyone try their service?
Old 10-18-2019, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gooberman
I see the 0.9% on edmunds website but I don't see anything anywhere on the dealer getting a $1500 rebate. Anyone find a link for that?
?
Its internal rebate that dealer gets, not you. However, if you talk to dealer they might be willing to share all or some
of their rebate with you.
To clarify, if you get 0.9%, the dealer will NOT get $1500 rebate. To get $1500 rebate you need to finance with AHF at regular rate, which is like 3.5 or higher for 60month

Last edited by russianDude; 10-18-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:34 PM
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello everyone, new member here from Seattle and first time Acura owner. Picked up a 2020 RDX A-Spec AWD recently. Platinum Pearl White w/ Black interior.

MSRP: $46,795
PAID: $44,500 + TTL
Old 10-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 83 Posts
I dont know if Demo models count but for canadians out there. I got 2020 RDX A-Spec with 2500km. Came with roof rack, all weather mats including trunk and cargo cover for $53000 out the door price.

Last edited by Ludepower; 10-19-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid and Offers Accepted 2020 RDX