New Owner Question Infotainment Issues resolved & Car Play

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
New Owner Question Infotainment Issues resolved & Car Play

I take delivery of my new/first RDX on Friday. I have read that the most recent infortainment system update resolved most of the freezing and related issues with the infotainment system. Is that generally true?

Also, I think I read somewhere that some of the problems with the infotainment system and Car Play is a conflict with having the iPhone connected by Bluetooth AND plugging into the USB port. Again, I think I read that it is best to disconnect from Bluetooth and simply plug the phone in the port. Am I recalling this correctly?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
My ACP issues were related to a bad installation of firmware or an application on the phone (iPhone X). I fixed that by backing up my phone, wiping its contents (which downloaded and installed fresh version of the latest firmware) and then restoring the phone. Now, I no longer have any disconnecting issues with ACP. From now on, I will probably install the latest iPhone firmware while connected to my computer rather than over wi-fi. At the very least, if my phone starts disconnecting again (after a firmware upgrade), I know what my first step will be in order to fix the problem.

My phone is connected via USB for ACP and also through Bluetooth for AcuraLink Assist. You can turn off the Bluetooth, but you won't have access to ALA. I should turn it off because I don't use ALA at all.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:33 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
For me, bluetooth connection made no apparent difference. I always have BT connected, and my carplay issues seem to have been resolved in the last update.
The following users liked this post:
jonarogers (12-03-2019)
Old 11-28-2019, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 696 Likes on 538 Posts
I think most of the issues with Car Play are resolved. I have not had any problems since the last update. But to say its perfect, probably no... you know, its a computer, if you have one at home, sometimes it acts slow or needs rebooting.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:00 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
I think most of the issues with Car Play are resolved. I have not had any problems since the last update. But to say its perfect, probably no... you know, its a computer, if you have one at home, sometimes it acts slow or needs rebooting.
Yes indeed! I operate completely digitally (no paper at all) on three devices so I have my share of reboots. In fact, I actually have a to do item in my project software to reboot all three devices every Monday morning for good measure. I just hope to avoid the need to "reboot my car" ever week. :-)
Old 11-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I have the car a year and 4 months and have had to reboot it only 3 times, and none since the update. Since the update, I have only got one very slow boot up. I was coming out of the grocery store and it kept on that rotating sparkle screen. So I drove home figuring I would reboot when I got home. After about 5 minutes it fully booted, and did not cause me any problems.
The following users liked this post:
Bmosbacker (11-29-2019)