More RDX Lawsuits/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019 | 06:33 AM
Pro

More RDX Lawsuits/Complaints

Just googled "Acura RDX lawsuits" and a whole bunch of recent results showed up. The pressure is heating up on Acura regarding the Infotainment and other issues. I still believe it is NOT software but a hardware design issue, which IMHO could get REALLY expensive for Acura to fix and replace. So in the end we will probably be offered some kind of token settlement like $100.00 off your next Acura........
Old 07-24-2019 | 06:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Software or hardware, doesn’t really matter. None of us knows how Acura develop their parts/software. My guess it’s a 3rd party supplier/contractor. From software perspective, you can see that Acura (or whoever the developers are) are still very old school, doing waterfall style updates despite having OTA. Just look at their release notes, it’s way too many bugs to be jammed into one release. Tesla release about 50 updates in 2018 for their cars.

can’t comment much about hardware but if indeed so, this should be an easier fix on new shipments right? But no, new RDX off the assembly still having very similar issues with issues and limp modes.

The real point is that what is Acura doing about it? Nothing!!
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Carlay on the new generation RDX is a buggy mess. Only issues I've had with the infotainment system revolves around Carplay. Radio, XM, Bluetooth works fine. I've reset infotainment to factory setting once. I've unplugged battery once (when it wouldn't shut off). When plugged in Carplay intermittently disconnects and reconnects. They keep saying a software up date is coming when I call service department. They claim only to use Apple cord. My wife has a 2019 Subaru Forester with Carplay and not one issue. She uses a third party cord.
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JAB00
Carlay on the new generation RDX is a buggy mess. Only issues I've had with the infotainment system revolves around Carplay. Radio, XM, Bluetooth works fine. I've reset infotainment to factory setting once. I've unplugged battery once (when it wouldn't shut off). When plugged in Carplay intermittently disconnects and reconnects. They keep saying a software up date is coming when I call service department. They claim only to use Apple cord. My wife has a 2019 Subaru Forester with Carplay and not one issue. She uses a third party cord.
Try USB Audio sometime if you really want to get pissed off...
The following 2 users liked this post by Meto:
Tom_D (07-24-2019), zroger73 (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Meto
Try USB Audio sometime if you really want to get pissed off...
+1,000
I rarely ever use my USB audio now. The system will, at times either initialize forever, play but squelch and skip or who the hell knows. I have all these fine 5.1 files that I don't bother with.. sad.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stew4HD:
Tom_D (07-24-2019), zroger73 (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:32 AM
mrgold35

What did Acura do differently with Carplay with the +19 RDX? Is it the problem the RDX android based OS trying to talk to the Apple smartphone OS? My 19 MDX previous gen Carplay and info-tainment system has been flawless with every function to streaming bluetooth, Carplay, XM, etc...
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
+1,000
I rarely ever use my USB audio now. The system will, at times either initialize forever, play but squelch and skip or who the hell knows. I have all these fine 5.1 files that I don't bother with.. sad.
I don't know if you saw my prior post about this, but I plugged a 128GB drive into the Hyundai Palisade on a test drive and within 10 seconds it was playing music from my drive. Plus I could go back and it would go to the folder list and scroll effortlessly through the screen. The flac files play perfectly and it sounded incredible on the Harman Kardon system.

The hard part right now is finding one in the color combination I want
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:58 AM
Intermediate

I had CarPlay in my last car, but have sort of gotten sick of it and, I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, really like the bluetooth interface and Acura Nav. I'm sort of avoiding CarPlay at this point due to the issues reported and since I like not having to plug my phone. I have had a few tiny hiccups with bluetooth, but overall it's been solid. I used USB for a while, but there is definitely issues there - constant freezes and it now can't even read a USB stick it had been using for a few weeks.

I'd love all this stuff to work the way it should. It's more frustrating because these are pretty basic items that, at this point, carmakers mostly ironed out some time ago. It's not the type of issue you'd expect a major manufacturer to screw up so badly. That said, my blissful ignorance approach (AKA, not using the things that are buggy), is working for me and I enjoy the car on balance.
Old 07-24-2019 | 09:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Meto
I don't know if you saw my prior post about this, but I plugged a 128GB drive into the Hyundai Palisade on a test drive and within 10 seconds it was playing music from my drive. Plus I could go back and it would go to the folder list and scroll effortlessly through the screen. The flac files play perfectly and it sounded incredible on the Harman Kardon system.

The hard part right now is finding one in the color combination I want
Does the Palisade decode multichannel FLAC files?

My RDX is still in the shop being repaired and I am driving a 2019 GMC Acadia Denali rental. If I was at the end of my lease, I'd get this model right now. I haven't tried the USB playback yet but I do need to test it out.
Old 07-24-2019 | 09:31 AM
Advanced

I remember I recently saw on another site similar complaints about a different car and Carplay and Android Auto. All of their problems seemed to be solved when they bought OEM cords for their phones.
Old 07-24-2019 | 01:09 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mcpagano
I remember I recently saw on another site similar complaints about a different car and Carplay and Android Auto. All of their problems seemed to be solved when they bought OEM cords for their phones.
I have had issues with Apple branded cables as well. Brand new out of the box X 3 = Same results
Old 07-24-2019 | 04:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tecwerks
I have had issues with Apple branded cables as well. Brand new out of the box X 3 = Same results
Clean the lint out of your Lightning port.
Old 07-24-2019 | 04:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by zroger73
Clean the lint out of your Lightning port.
No lint. I wish it was that simple.
Old 07-24-2019 | 04:28 PM
Intermediate

There's going to be a big update soon. I'm sure they had to wait for Android Auto to update this summer. It's a big update as well so it's going to take time. iOS 12.4 just dropped last week and iOS13 is a big update that will drop in September so I would bet by the end of the year they will have major updates in place and hopefully the issues resolved. I know it sucks to deal with, my CarPlay is buggy as hell too, but it will get fixed. Acura a huge company and isn't going anywhere. They'll get it worked out it just takes time.
Old 07-24-2019 | 05:37 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by skipatrol
There's going to be a big update soon. I'm sure they had to wait for Android Auto to update this summer. It's a big update as well so it's going to take time. iOS 12.4 just dropped last week and iOS13 is a big update that will drop in September so I would bet by the end of the year they will have major updates in place and hopefully the issues resolved. I know it sucks to deal with, my CarPlay is buggy as hell too, but it will get fixed. Acura a huge company and isn't going anywhere. They'll get it worked out it just takes time.
Afraid you are dreaming. If Acura is always waiting for a 3rd party to update we are never going to see a trouble free infotainment system as there will always be another update down the road.
The following users liked this post:
SandwichViking (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019 | 06:54 PM
Advanced

I just got my car back from the dealer for the 4th time and met with an Acura field tech guy and he said they are working on a software update to fix the issue (we already knew this). He said that when they come up with a fix they will let me know. He also gave me a $500 visa gift card and offered me one free accessory of my choosing for my troubles and thanked me for my patience while they resolve the issue. I am thinking about going with the Remote start for my free accessory!
Old 07-24-2019 | 07:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PAPI007
I just got my car back from the dealer for the 4th time and met with an Acura field tech guy and he said they are working on a software update to fix the issue (we already knew this). He said that when they come up with a fix they will let me know. He also gave me a $500 visa gift card and offered me one free accessory of my choosing for my troubles and thanked me for my patience while they resolve the issue. I am thinking about going with the Remote start for my free accessory!
Nice, I hope all of us that are having problems get the same you got, in the meantime I guess the “working on a software update” is going to have to do, although we have been waiting for a year already.
Old 07-24-2019 | 07:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tecwerks
Just googled "Acura RDX lawsuits" and a whole bunch of recent results showed up. The pressure is heating up on Acura regarding the Infotainment and other issues. I still believe it is NOT software but a hardware design issue, which IMHO could get REALLY expensive for Acura to fix and replace. So in the end we will probably be offered some kind of token settlement like $100.00 off your next Acura........
Honda pilots also have glitches and bugs and lawsuits.....different hardware entirely.

They just have poor programmers.
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
Honda pilots also have glitches and bugs and lawsuits.....different hardware entirely.

Kick them in the ass, it is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-24-2019 | 08:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
Honda pilots also have glitches and bugs and lawsuits.....different hardware entirely. RDX

Kick them in the ass, it is getting ridiculous. I really like the car except for all the infotainment related bugs. I worked in everything IT for 50 years but am getting to old to have to deal with this crappy infotainment system. Had enough crappy hardware and software during my career but nothing that took this friggin long to resolve. Glad I leased as one year now and 5k miles. Am keeping miles low so I can get rid of it maybe at 2 years or maybe not. If this goes on much longer you won’t get shit for your RDX but at least I can walk away for sure at 3 years.